Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:33:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:13:51 PM

Does this guy not realize who he is surrounded by?  Cheesy

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:29:17 PM

More ad hominem from the usual suspects.

A thread for children. They have pictures, memes and ad hominems. They are not older than the core devs and the core mods.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 11:06:36 AM

Hearndresen continue ostracising themselves from development. Good stuff for Bitcoin.

https://archive.is/bSdMT

XT increasingly dead, Bitcoin hitting $300.

Happy days.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
MbccompanyX

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 11:10:48 AM

Hearndresen continue ostracising themselves from development. Good stuff for Bitcoin.

Happy days.

yeah we can finally say that bitcoin xt or how i want to call "make a stupid excuse to buy bitcoin ownership taking his value to 0" extremely dead, and i suppose this thread doesn't have any other need to be open or is just my illusion?

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 11:13:28 AM

Happy days.

yeah we can finally say that bitcoin xt or how i want to call "make a stupid excuse to buy bitcoin ownership taking his value to 0" extremely dead, and i suppose this thread doesn't have any other need to be open or is just my illusion?

They're still producing laughter material, so the thread IMO is justified. Should probably be in the altcoin section though.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:50:54 PM

Happy days.

They're still producing laughter material, so the thread IMO is justified. Should probably be in the altcoin section though.

nahh, this thread should be pinned in this bitcoin section as a warning for all them forking n00bs.
MbccompanyX

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:40:10 PM

Happy days.

nahh, this thread should be pinned in this bitcoin section as a warning for all them forking n00bs.

@muyuu i see, anyway if they want to make XT a bit laugh means that they aren't professionals after all

@hdbuck on the fact that should be pinned in the top of the section is ok but remember that always there will be the n00b of the case that will try to dissolve all the bitcoin community

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:54:14 PM

@hdbuck on the fact that should be pinned in the top of the section is ok but remember that always there will be the n00b of the case that will try to dissolve all the bitcoin community

hmyea, hence, pin it!

its hearndresen's legacy to bitcoin, allowing its resilience to social attacks and other shady governance coup.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:07:41 PM

There's no way Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto is 6 foot.
On a serious note, I still do not understand how big blockers still don't seem to get it. We already have centralized mining, im still waiting for a convincing explanation of how centralizing the nodes would be a good idea (and this is what would happen once the blocks become too big and they will). Having to rely on offchain transactions isn't ideal, but the world isn't ideal, and it's certainly better than a group of 4 or 5 private companies owning most of the nodes.
Increasing the blocksize would not make mining more centralized. The blocksize has no impact on mining centralization whatsoever. I am not advocating centralizing the nodes either. You are correct in thinking that no solution is ideal which is why I think that increasing the blocksize is the best solution which maximizes decentralization and financial freedom compared to the other alternatives. If Bitcoin does not scale to accommodate a greater amount of transactions directly then this would impact node count as well when compared to allowing increased transactional capacity, since increased adoption would also lead to an increased node count, therefore increasing the blocksize needs to ideally be a balancing act between actual adoption and transaction volume.

VeritasSapere

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:16:07 PM

Happy days.
I am shocked that Gavin Andresen is even being censored on the developer mailing list now. If you look at the post that has been censored it certainly does not seem justified. In my mind this is truly the end for Core, I can not in good conscience support a group of people that are doing so much harm to Bitcoin. I doubt Core would ever implement BIP100 anyway, it will most likely end up being an alternative implementation that will stay true to the original vision of Satoshi Nakamoto instead. This is truly reprehensible what is happening within Core, just look at the moderation rules. I would not want the future of Bitcoin to be decided under such censorship.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:29:57 PM

If Bitcoin does not scale to accommodate a greater amount of transactions directly then this would impact node count as well when compared to allowing increased transactional capacity, since increased adoption would also lead to an increased node count, therefore increasing the blocksize needs to ideally be a balancing act between actual adoption and transaction volume.

Why do you keep repeating these lies?  Angry

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:31:05 PM

Happy days.
I am shocked that Gavin Andresen is even being censored on the developer mailing list now. If you look at the post that has been censored it certainly does not seem justified. In my mind this is truly the end for Core, I can not in good conscience support a group of people that are doing so much harm to Bitcoin. I doubt Core would ever implement BIP100 anyway, it will most likely end up being an alternative implementation that will stay true to the original vision of Satoshi Nakamoto instead. This is truly reprehensible what is happening within Core, just look at the moderation rules. I would not want the future of Bitcoin to be decided under such censorship.

We've been waiting for you to fork off!

VeritasSapere

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:41:07 PM

If Bitcoin does not scale to accommodate a greater amount of transactions directly then this would impact node count as well when compared to allowing increased transactional capacity, since increased adoption would also lead to an increased node count, therefore increasing the blocksize needs to ideally be a balancing act between actual adoption and transaction volume.

If they where lies you would have been able to disprove them or at least effectively argue against my claims. So far you have failed to so, which is probably why you are now just resorting to calling me a liar.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1164464.0
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:49:24 PM

If they where lies you would have been able to disprove them or at least effectively argue against my claims. So far you have failed to so, which is probably why you are now just resorting to calling me a liar.

lel 4 pages thread! Cheesy

such consensus..

sry, BIP 101 is dead, dead and deader.

now let us have fun in our 100+ pages thread. Grin
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:51:49 PM

Why do you keep repeating these lies?  Angry

Increased adoption != increased node count.

Argument: Node count in 2012 vs Node count in 2015.

Need I say more?

VeritasSapere

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:56:34 PM

Lie in question: Increased adoption = increased node count.

Need I say more?
Correlation is not the same causation. Furthermore there is a simple logic behind what I am saying. When more people discover Bitcoin there will be more people that have reasons for running full nodes. I think it would be the equivalent of ignoring reality if you did not acknowledge this simple truth.

I have already previously explained that there where other factors responsible for this decrease, including the introduction of SPV and web wallets.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:58:18 PM

Need I say more?
Correlation is not the same causation. Furthermore there is a simple logic behind what I am saying. When more people discover Bitcoin there will be more people that have reasons for running full nodes. I think it would be the equivalent of ignoring reality if you did not acknowledge this simple reality.

I have already previously explained that there where other factors responsible for this decrease, including the introduction of SPV and web wallets.

There is also simple logic that indicates the more people adopt Bitcoin the harder it gets to run a full node.

I think it would be the equivalent of ignoring reality if you did not acknowledge this simple reality.

VeritasSapere

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:58:24 PM

lel 4 pages thread! Cheesy

such consensus..

sry, BIP 101 is dead, dead and deader.

now let us have fun in our 100+ pages thread. Grin
Because your thread has more pages it means you are right? I am not convinced, you will have to come up with a better argument then that.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 04:58:44 PM

I am shocked that Gavin Andresen is even being censored on the developer mailing list   Cry
it certainly does not seem justified   Cry
I can not in good conscience support a group of people that are doing so much harm to Bitcoin   Cry
This is truly reprehensible what is happening within Core, just look at the moderation rules   Cry
I would not want the future of Bitcoin to be decided under such censorship   Cry

You use the terms "censorship" and "moderation" interchangeably, but they are not equivalent.

Cite: https://xkcd.com/1357/

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VeritasSapere

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:01:49 PM

Need I say more?
Correlation is not the same causation. Furthermore there is a simple logic behind what I am saying. When more people discover Bitcoin there will be more people that have reasons for running full nodes. I think it would be the equivalent of ignoring reality if you did not acknowledge this simple reality.

There is also simple logic that indicates the more people adopt Bitcoin the harder it gets to run a full node.

I think it would be the equivalent of ignoring reality if you did not acknowledge this simple reality.
Yes the more people that use Bitcoin the harder it gets to run a full node, at the same time the more people that use Bitcoin the more people there will be to run full nodes. Only one of us is ignoring part of this duel reality and it is not me.

This is why I keep referring to it as a balancing act, to ignore either side of this dynamic is completely ignoring reality.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: