Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:22:37 PM

I never specifically stated that it was for these six points, I was referring to the article as a whole. I just do not think it is productive calling someone a petulant child and a liar in terms of having a productive discourse.
Strictly speaking, it's irrelevant, as these offensive words do not render the arguments he presented invalid. That's why I asked if these 6 points (actual arguments/statements) contained fallacies.

I think the ad hominem term is used too loosely these days, and is being applied where it really shouldn't be.

as it goes with cens0rshiiiiip ^^

speaking of it looks like the self-proclaimed exiles are back en masse

i see names like rocks, Adrian-x popping up in threads like nothing had ever happened

knight22 is making pump threads in Speculation forum when 3 weeks ago he was proclaiming Bitcoin dead because block size

only waiting for Lebron James' decision now  Cheesy

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:27:12 PM

I never specifically stated that it was for these six points, I was referring to the article as a whole. I just do not think it is productive calling someone a petulant child and a liar in terms of having a productive discourse.
Strictly speaking, it's irrelevant, as these offensive words do not render the arguments he presented invalid. That's why I asked if these 6 points (actual arguments/statements) contained fallacies.

I think the ad hominem term is used too loosely these days, and is being applied where it really shouldn't be.
I agree with you RoadTrain, I am using the term ad hominem in the more loose sense, as opposed to a more formal logical argument.

I certainly do not agree with hdbuck however, censorship is not a term that is being used to loosely today. The trend of censorship in the Bitcoin community has been concerning, at least the response from most people has been reassuring. I think that most of us here do believe in freedom and that through Bitcoin we can pursue and obtain more of that state, whatever that means.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:38:16 PM

I agree with you RoadTrain, I am using the term ad hominem in the more loose sense, as opposed to a more formal logical argument.

I certainly do not agree with hdbuck however, censorship is not a term that is being used to loosely today. The trend of censorship in the Bitcoin community has been concerning, at least the response from most people has been reassuring. I think that most of us here do believe in freedom and that through Bitcoin we can pursue and obtain more of that state, whatever that means.

such a vague person we got here..

using wide definitions, loosening the meaning of whatever concept you could put your twisted little historian/philospher/whatever soclialst mind onto.

the cherry on the cake being it also appears you dont know what freedom means now.. pity.

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:39:29 PM

TL;DR

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:41:59 PM

speaking of it looks like the self-proclaimed exiles are back en masse.  

i see names like rocks, Adrian-x popping up in threads like nothing had ever happened

knight22 is making pump threads in Speculation forum when 3 weeks ago he was proclaiming Bitcoin dead because block size

only waiting for Lebron James' decision now  Cheesy

funny how they all crawl back once bitcoin price surge.

if it was not for mickey's ultimate butthurt post, i'd say the XTards MO is to spread fud when bitcoin is doing well, escaping their toxic behavior and discourses..

VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:42:34 PM

such a vague person we got here..

using wide definitions, loosening the meaning of whatever concept you could put your twisted little historian/philospher/whatever soclialst mind onto.

the cherry on the cake being it also appears you dont know what freedom means now.. pity.
I can give you definitions of freedom if you like, freedom is in the mind, once you start to explore the concept it can become more complex. It can also mean different things to different people.

Price is going up, I wish peace and prosperity to all. Smiley
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:44:52 PM

The days of the totalitarians are numbered. Zero chance to stay in charge.

https://medium.com/@riprowan/the-entire-debate-transcends-block-sizes-and-gets-to-the-fundamental-principles-of-bitcoin-as-c7f7bc1a493#.qj0wwps11
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:01:06 PM

lel wake up princess.

core devs *are* powerless.

bitcoin has spread too much to have any viable consensus about anything that changes its fundamentals.

otoh hearndresen are just irrelevant.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:57:58 AM

If you mean Hearn and his one-guy-in-charge-and-not-even-a-competent-one model, then yeah I agree.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:56:30 AM

If you mean Hearn and his one-guy-in-charge-and-not-even-a-competent-one model, then yeah I agree.

Of course not. We have Totalitarianism as long as we don't have choice. Since there is the first alt Implementation on the market that is ready for the next txs number explosion, the totalitarian developer situation terminated. The price is reflecting the new situation. The attempt to take over bitcoin by taking over the core developers by blockthestream inc. failed miserably.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:05:27 AM

Even when Ice'n'Berg are tragically embarrassed by what happens in the real world, this thread still won't matter.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:28:50 AM

Even when Ice'n'Berg are tragically embarrassed by what happens in the real world, this thread still won't matter.

in real world, Core rulez, XTards butthurt.

in real world, and more precisely *now*, bitcoin is acknowledging it by going up, regardless of blocksize sterile projections and the monster fud you wannabes spread for months.

Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:58:31 AM

in real world, and more precisely *now*, bitcoin is acknowledging it by going up,

Bitcoin is going up since there is choice, which means that the totalitarian, centralist corporatist dev situation is history.
As soon as txs numbers explode, core will implode.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:55:48 PM

Of course not. We have Totalitarianism as long as we don't have choice. Since there is the first alt Implementation on the market that is ready for the next txs number explosion, the totalitarian developer situation terminated. The price is reflecting the new situation. The attempt to take over bitcoin by taking over the core developers by blockthestream inc. failed miserably.

Hang on, you're saying the price went up because XT..... failed to attract a userbase?

Bitcoin is going up since there is choice, which means that the totalitarian, centralist corporatist dev situation is history.
As soon as txs numbers explode, core will implode.

So, the Goldman Sachs funded corporations (Circle etc) that were pushing for XT are some kind of diplomatic-cable-leaking cypherpunks? Please. No-one believes your nonsense.

Once version 0.12 of the core client is released, the steps to get Lightning hubs running can begin. The solutions are on the table, we understand the technical reasons for that approach, and XT/BIP101 cannot compete on all levels now, possibly including even rollout timeframe that Hearn and Andresen thought they could take for granted.

There's your free market: the free market of superior software design, freely chosen by an informed userbase who have demonstrably rejected XT, BIP101 and the rest of Hearn's terrible ideas countless times. We're going to keep rejecting them, because the ideas are not getting any better upon further examination; on the contrary, they appear progressively worse the more time you have to think about it.

Vires in numeris
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:21:21 PM

Hang on, you're saying the price went up because XT..... failed to attract a userbase?

As I wrote, the price went up because everybody knows now that there is choice. If the blockstream core devs will be stupid enough to prolong the stalemate into the next txs explosion, their implementation can be replaced by at least another one that is ready. The more alternative implementations we get, the better.
MbccompanyX

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:27:55 PM

As I wrote, the price went up because everybody knows now that there is choice. If the blockstream core devs will be stupid enough to prolong the stalemate into the next txs explosion, their implementation can be replaced by at least another one that is ready. The more alternative implementations we get, the better.

*cough* somebody here is forgetting the mess that started in china exactly when the new increase of price happened *cough* and still is incredible how many still insist on following dreams that could put some blocks for new bitcoin users in the future because not everybody could like to use a web wallet and will download the windows/mac/linux (even if i hate to make mac and linux two different voices because they are the same thing) and of course the increasing in size blockchain that thanks to big blocks will ask in the future an entire hard disk dedicated to it

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:34:37 PM

Consult a professional, you've turned full retard.

Funny thing is price started launching up after Blockstream's Liquid announcement  Cheesy

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:38:06 PM

It's more likely not a soul in the Bitcoin Chinese world knows about XT  Cheesy

MbccompanyX

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:39:26 PM

It's more likely not a soul in the Bitcoin Chinese world knows about XT  Cheesy

Yeah because otherwise the fork could already happen or maybe because they knows what is a fake and what is real they decided to stay to what is real and leave the fake die

VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:48:40 PM

Maybe it would be wiser to acknowledge that the price has nothing to do with the blocksize debate.

I am happy that we have a choice of implementations, I am also looking forward to their being more alternatives for us to choose from. Thinking that there should only be one implementation of Bitcoin is indeed a totalitarian mentality.

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: