Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:10:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:04:12 PM

Of course not. We have Totalitarianism as long as we don't have choice. Since there is the first alt Implementation on the market that is ready for the next txs number explosion, the totalitarian developer situation terminated. The price is reflecting the new situation. The attempt to take over bitcoin by taking over the core developers by blockthestream inc. failed miserably.

Hang on, you're saying the price went up because XT..... failed to attract a userbase?

As I wrote, the price went up because everybody knows now that there is choice. If the blockstream core devs will be stupid enough to prolong the stalemate into the next txs explosion, their implementation can be replaced by at least another one that is ready. The more alternative implementations we get, the better.

Consult a professional, you've turned full retard.

Funny thing is price started launching up after Blockstream's Liquid announcement  Cheesy

Doesn't matter if you promote Blockthestream fulltime as a volunteer or as a paid shill. Developer decentralization can not be prevented.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:11:50 PM

Of course not. We have Totalitarianism as long as we don't have choice. Since there is the first alt Implementation on the market that is ready for the next txs number explosion, the totalitarian developer situation terminated. The price is reflecting the new situation. The attempt to take over bitcoin by taking over the core developers by blockthestream inc. failed miserably.

Hang on, you're saying the price went up because XT..... failed to attract a userbase?

As I wrote, the price went up because everybody knows now that there is choice. If the blockstream core devs will be stupid enough to prolong the stalemate into the next txs explosion, their implementation can be replaced by at least another one that is ready. The more alternative implementations we get, the better.

Funny thing is price started launching up after Blockstream's Liquid announcement  Cheesy

Doesn't matter if you promote Blockthestream fulltime as a volunteer or as a paid shill. Developer decentralization can not be prevented.

Indeed, repo is here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin

Anyone is free to contribute but don't expect to be welcomed warmly if you attempt to insert blacklists and blockchain bloating code  Wink

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:12:10 PM

Maybe it would be wiser to acknowledge that the price has nothing to do with the blocksize debate.

Which was the way in which it was brought up. Do wise people always announce the quality of their wisdom as it is delivered?

I am happy that we have a choice of implementations, I am also looking forward to their being more alternatives for us to choose from. Thinking that there should only be one implementation of Bitcoin is indeed a totalitarian mentality.

It most certainly is, and the reason, yet again, is that the peer-to-peer network needs to follow common consensus rules to make sure that the blockchain data remains consensual between nodes.

Is it just me, or am I only just recognising the subtlety of this approach at killing bitcoin decentralisation: propose 1 client fork, fail. propose (+ promote) multiple blockchain forks. Like that's supposed to be a better idea than just 1 fork of the main chain  Roll Eyes

Vires in numeris
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:16:46 PM

Maybe it would be wiser to acknowledge that the price has nothing to do with the blocksize debate.

Which was the way in which it was brought up. Do wise people always announce the quality of their wisdom as it is delivered?

I am happy that we have a choice of implementations, I am also looking forward to their being more alternatives for us to choose from. Thinking that there should only be one implementation of Bitcoin is indeed a totalitarian mentality.

It most certainly is, and the reason, yet again, is that the peer-to-peer network needs to follow common consensus rules to make sure that the blockchain data remains consensual between nodes.

Is it just me, or am I only just recognising the subtlety of this approach at killing bitcoin decentralisation: propose 1 client fork, fail. propose (+ promote) multiple blockchain forks. Like that's supposed to be a better idea than just 1 fork of the main chain  Roll Eyes

Pretend "it's just another implementation" when it has clear intent to diverge from existing consensus rules.

Fortunately it has been all too easy to see through their lies and manipulation

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:23:27 PM

It's ironic that you unconsciously use these epithets (dare I say it, ad ho.....  oh why bother) against Blockstream, when they're taking the opposite approach when expressing their intent with their software engineering. You know, doing something positive.

They're developing new ways of writing the transaction signatures such that they occupy less space per additional signature. Making better use of the blockchain resource, instead of pushing that (soon to be) redundant data onto the blockchain. It's genuine, thought-through computer science innovation like that that's going to improve access to the Bitcoin network, not just ceaselessly repeating a simplistic and pernicious non-solution.

Vires in numeris
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:07:40 PM

Everyone should read this.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:14:36 PM

Why don't you join the phorkers forum and leave us alone already?

https://bitco.in/forum/

No one cares about you opinion. Sorry  Sad

VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:17:15 PM

Is it just me, or am I only just recognising the subtlety of this approach at killing bitcoin decentralisation: propose 1 client fork, fail. propose (+ promote) multiple blockchain forks. Like that's supposed to be a better idea than just 1 fork of the main chain.
This does not change the simple truth that having only predominant implementation which is effectively controlled by one person is the equivalent of totalitarianism for Bitcoin. Having multiple implementations equals having multiple choices. Only having a single choice decided by a small group of technocrats is not the type of freedom I signed up for. Consensus is not an excuse for totalitarianism, Bitcoin is not as fragile as you think it is, it will survive multiple forks.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:28:58 PM

Is it just me, or am I only just recognising the subtlety of this approach at killing bitcoin decentralisation: propose 1 client fork, fail. propose (+ promote) multiple blockchain forks. Like that's supposed to be a better idea than just 1 fork of the main chain.
This does not change the simple truth that having only predominant implementation which is effectively controlled by one person is the equivalent of totalitarianism for Bitcoin. Having multiple implementations equals having multiple choices. Only having a single choice decided by a small group of technocrats is not the type of freedom I signed up for. Consensus is not an excuse for totalitarianism, Bitcoin is not as fragile as you think it is, it will survive multiple forks.

I thought I asked you to stop promoting disgusting lies  Angry

Do you understand open-source software  Huh Apparently you don't.

VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:11:39 PM

I thought I asked you to stop promoting disgusting lies  Angry

Do you understand open-source software  Huh Apparently you don't.
Quote from: ฿tcDrak
Wladamir does have the final say on what gets merged or not
Source:https://medium.com/@btcdrak/full-of-lies-and-desperation-of-someone-who-risked-his-entire-reputation-on-something-and-lost-and-6c206e68d0cf#.9vi6d25is
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:18:54 PM

I thought I asked you to stop promoting disgusting lies  Angry

Do you understand open-source software  Huh Apparently you don't.
Source:https://medium.com/@btcdrak/full-of-lies-and-desperation-of-someone-who-risked-his-entire-reputation-on-something-and-lost-and-6c206e68d0cf#.9vi6d25is

zomg!!1 dictat0rship and cens0rship!

time for you to leave bitcoin!

infinite coffee tips waiting @ ripple for you n00b! Wink
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:28:32 PM

Yes, a maintainer, that's how every successful FOSS projects work.

Would you rather have Mike?

VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:39:57 PM

Do you prefer for it to be Mike?
Multiple implementations means multiple development teams, in this way both Mike and Core can contribute if that is what people choose. An election where there is only one party is totalitarianism. I am saying that there should be multiple alternatives for people to choose from.

Quote from: Rip Rowan
The only way to destroy freedom, is to convince people they are safer without it.
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:50:37 PM

Indeed, repo is here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin

Anyone is free to contribute but don't expect to be welcomed warmly...

Yes, that's why the central authority got competition.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:55:27 PM

Multiple implementations means multiple development teams, in this way both Mike and Core can contribute if that is what people choose. An election where there is only one party is totalitarianism. I am saying that there should be multiple alternatives for people to choose from.

The only way to destroy freedom, is to convince people they are safer without it.

There's no problem with different implementations. The issue with XT is it is run by incompetents who attempt to insert damaging and poorly-reviewed code to a very fragile consensus critical system.

VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:21:33 PM

There's no problem with different implementations. The issue with XT is it is run by incompetents who attempt to insert damaging and poorly-reviewed code to a very fragile consensus critical system.
The consensus system is not fragile. I choose to support BIP101, you do not. Agree to disagree but we both do and should have the choice.

If Bitcoin is so fragile that it demands actual adherence to Totalitarianism in order to prop it up, then we who have supported it for these many years should pack up, go home, and concede defeat. The experiment in permissionless, Stateless money has failed: we tried, but ended up recreating the State, only this one run by a tiny handful of technocrats.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:27:47 PM

The consensus system is not fragile. I choose to support BIP101, you do not. Agree to disagree but we both do and should have the choice.

If Bitcoin is so fragile that it demands actual adherence to Totalitarianism in order to prop it up, then we who have supported it for these many years should pack up, go home, and concede defeat. The experiment in permissionless, Stateless money has failed: we tried, but ended up recreating the State, only this one run by a tiny handful of technocrats.

yes you have a choice, now what? i chose to use bitcoin as it is running, you dont want it fine, so consider gtfo already..

i mean, the core devs, the miners and the nodes also are running bitcoin as is, sooo.. well gtfo. again.

even better please be my guest and create that coin of your dream (tho i think you and your alikes do lack the technical competences)..
you might even ipo or premined some them 'retard'coinz Grin
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:35:30 PM

There's no problem with different implementations.

Exactly. The prolem is:

Some people believe otherwise: that all Bitcoin code must emanate from Bitcoin Core. For them the idea of providing alternatives and allowing the free market to decide is threatening. Hence the smear campaign to brand XT as an “altcoin” and forbid discussion of it in various public fora — nevermind the screaming irony of trying to censor discussion of a censorship-resistant piece of software. Hence the outright DDoS attacks against miners who mine on XT and the pools that permit them.

We are told by these people that Bitcoin is too fragile to permit alternative clients — in other words, miners may “vote with their CPUs,” but they must have the option of voting only for one Party. We know what an election with only one choice is called: Totalitarianism.

Some people argue that the block size will be raised, but only after it reaches a certain pain threshold. Here I personally side with Mike: you don’t smear alternatives, break apart online communities, and outright DDoS your competitors because you agree on everything except for timing. Those are the actions of people who perceive a threat.

https://medium.com/@riprowan/the-entire-debate-transcends-block-sizes-and-gets-to-the-fundamental-principles-of-bitcoin-as-c7f7bc1a493#.qj0wwps11
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:58:12 PM

The greatest moderator of all time:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/11554...rship-in-focus-as-30-ceos-join-roger-vers-ama

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 11:41:48 PM

The one behind the curtain of all this XT promo is Andreesen Horowitz (A16Z)

Mike Hearn is an advisor for A16Z

Recently Coinbase, (Mostly funded by A16Z), CEO Brian Armstrong said he prefers Bitcoin XT.

You can bet A16Z is the one lobbying for XT.

The bad thing is, XT in my opinion, won't incorporate privacy enhancing things which Bitcoin Core developers.

XT/A16Z comes off to me as do whatever to make profit, while Core actually adds privacy enhancing features and does true scalability work besides just blocksize crying.

My 2 cents.
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: