Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:02:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:10:09 PM

29/oct/2015

Monthly average closing down into <1 per thousand.

70 : 30 Votes for big blocks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:20:32 PM

29/oct/2015

lel like them votes matters/count for anything - and especially for BIP100. Roll Eyes

if they take power, bitcoin will crash and burn, leaving them corporate farmers with peanuts and their Ph farms to rent for google or whatevs.

anyway, tolerance et al., i'd be tempted to say do it.. DO IT BITCHEZ! Grin

Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:33:21 PM

29/oct/2015

lel like them votes matters/count for anything - and especially for BIP100. Roll Eyes

if they take power, bitcoin will crash and burn, leaving them corporate farmers with peanuts and their Ph farms to rent for google or whatevs.

anyway, tolerance et al., i'd be tempted to say do it.. DO IT BITCHEZ! Grin

Miners matter. You dont. You'll get big blocks next year.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:32:34 PM

Not even BIP100 achieves 75% and they have been stable at around 60% for months already.

Everything is going swimmingly. Hearndresen ostracised, price up, XTards butthurt. 

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:02:20 PM

BIP 100 is a fucking mirage  Cheesy

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:48:30 PM

Bitcoin Unlimited: Articles of Confederation

Article 1: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System for Planet Earth

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/bitcoin-unlimited-ideas-arguments-and-proposals.123/#post-2903

This is too much, I can't  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 06:19:25 PM

Epic laughs over there.  It's like a Swiss vault filled with comedy gold!

I can't tell if Bitcoin Unlimited is real or just a (Poe-etic) way to troll the XTurds into splitting into even smaller groups of malcontents.

Either way, it is glorious to watch Frap.doc, a former Monopolist Maximalist Supremacist, spec'ing an altcoin.    Grin

Frap.doc said:
theZerg said: ↑

I thought that BU was additionally going to vote for 100 & 101. Is that also out of the baseline?

I still don't get what this was meant to entail?

Is it just an announcement that "we support the concept of 100 and 101" and nothing else in terms of code execution in BU? Or is the addition of bigger blocks to BU somehow dependent on the more restrictive rules of those 2 implementations?

Perhaps the term "flag" is confusing me. This usually means an "option" for an argument in Linux terms.

As an aside, I guarantee you core dev and idiots like brg444 et al are watching this discussion and are are already formulating ways to attack and lie about how harmful BU will be.

These armchair engineers don't even know what they want; their only design requirement is excluding Evil Blockstream!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 06:30:56 PM

Bitcoin Unlimited: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System for Planet EarthFrappuccinos, Hot Dogs, and Bus Tickets

- Low fees are desirable

- Instant (0-conf) transactions are useful

TL;DR version ^^

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:30:11 PM

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/bitcoin-unlimited-ideas-arguments-and-proposals.123/#post-2903

Hahahaha I'm reading that now...  Cheesy Cheesy I'm in tears.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:10:50 PM

I have already explained why we have less nodes today then we did in the past. I will repeat for the third time in this discussion that SPV wallets and web wallets and an influx of "normal" Bitcoin users who are not ideologically motivated to run a full node. This and the increased difficulty is part of the reason for this decline.

We are not at a all time low in terms of node count actually, node count has increased after the launch of XT, and since then it has actually stabilized. I do expect to see a trend reversal with increased adoption as we are already partially seeing today.
You are hopeless. Yes, that's an ad hominem and a non-argument. Still, yours are non-arguments as well.
It is not ad hominem since I am not attacking another person by saying this. It is an argument since it contains premises which entail a conclusion.

A simple counter example would be me introducing my friend to Bitcoin, he bought some Bitcoin and now he is running a full node from his home.
Anecdotal fallacy.
It is not an anecdotal fallacy when used to support the claim that increased adoption has a positive effect in terms of increasing the node count. This does not mean that under all circumstances and under increased adoption the node count will be increased because there are other variables and factors at work. I was arguing against brg444 claim or failure to acknowledge that adoption is a positive factor in terms of increasing the count. Surely you can acknowledge this aspect of the dynamics of the Bitcoin node count.

This is a clear example of adoption directly leading to increasing the node count, this does not imply that node count is therefore overall increased since there are other factors and variables at work. However you can not say that adoption does not lead to increasing the node count since it only takes one example to prove your claim wrong as I have just done so.
Ha-ha. Splitting hairs aside, your friend might as well stop running his node today in favor of SPV, and the node count would go back to the previous level.
He is ideologically motivated like myself and we both have powerful computers with good internet connections.

Can I conclude that adoption does not lead to increasing node counts?
I do not understand how you can make this conclusion since you have not made an argument.

If I fine-tune my statement, I can actually make it true. Cheesy But relevance is more important than winning an argument
I see so you have not made an argument. I think the truth is more important then relevance.

What's funny about your 'argument': if we raise blocksizes, see increased adoption
This is a classic strawman, I have never argued that increasing the blocksize would lead to increased adoption.

I have argued however that we need to increase the blocksize in anticipation of increased adoption and in case there are spikes of adoption possibly due to world events. Furthermore that if the blocksize is not increased in time then this would prevent and possibly cause a decline in adoption, because if the blocks did become consistently full then transactions would be rendered unreliable and much more expensive. This is what I would like to prevent by increasing the blocksize and not allowing the Bitcoin network to become overloaded and congested so to speak.

and the node count trend doesn't reverse, you can still argue the same: "I do expect to see a trend reversal with increased adoption as we are already partially seeing today.". And I guess you will.
Another strawman I suppose, this time projecting into the future of what I might say under hypothetical circumstances. If the node count does not increase with massive adoption and combined with a moderate blocksize increase then I will be proven wrong, unlike some other people on this thread, I can admit to being wrong sometimes. However that is not the trend I am expecting, time will tell to see whose theories will be proven correct.

If Bitcoin does not scale to accommodate a greater amount of transactions directly then this would impact node count as well when compared to allowing increased transactional capacity, since increased adoption would also lead to an increased node count, therefore increasing the blocksize needs to ideally be a balancing act between actual adoption and transaction volume.
Why do you keep repeating these lies?  Angry
If they where lies you would have been able to disprove them or at least effectively argue against my claims. So far you have failed to so, which is probably why you are now just resorting to calling me a liar.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1164464.0
Argument from ignorance/silence.
It is ridiculous for you to claim that I have an argument from ignorance/silence when I have extensively explained and argued for why we should increase the blocksize. The article I wrote on the subject certainly is evidence of this.

There's no way Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto is 6 foot.
On a serious note, I still do not understand how big blockers still don't seem to get it. We already have centralized mining, im still waiting for a convincing explanation of how centralizing the nodes would be a good idea (and this is what would happen once the blocks become too big and they will). Having to rely on offchain transactions isn't ideal, but the world isn't ideal, and it's certainly better than a group of 4 or 5 private companies owning most of the nodes.
Increasing the blocksize would not make mining more centralized. The blocksize has no impact on mining centralization whatsoever. I am not advocating centralizing the nodes either. You are correct in thinking that no solution is ideal which is why I think that increasing the blocksize is the best solution which maximizes decentralization and financial freedom compared to the other alternatives. If Bitcoin does not scale to accommodate a greater amount of transactions directly then this would impact node count as well when compared to allowing increased transactional capacity, since increased adoption would also lead to an increased node count, therefore increasing the blocksize needs to ideally be a balancing act between actual adoption and transaction volume.
Proof by assertion. That you continue repeating your opinions doesn't make them arguments.
I have made extensive arguments which have premises entailing conclusions. Just because you do not acknowledge my arguments it does not prove them wrong, since that would be an argument from silence or ignorance.

I clearly remember discussing mining centralization with you, where you insisted it's not worsened by larger blocks, because mining centralization != pool centralization, and miners have a choice selecting a pool. Well, in the spherical cows world, I could even agree. In reality, shit gets centralized.
This is indeed one aspect of the argument that I have made. Instead of rehashing all that I have said on the subject, you can go back to were we where discussing it or criticize my theory on the thread that i started which has the article I wrote on the subject on the opening page.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1164464.0

To explain my position briefly though. I will use myself as an example as a small home miner. I am running a 10KW mining farm out of my home at the moment. I connect to a pool which hosts the full node for mining. Therefore as a miner I am not running a full node for the purpose of mining, all I do is sent the solved hash to the pool which is a very small amount of data, I could literally do this over a 56k connection, regardless of the blocksize.

The vast majority of the mining power today exists in this way, therefore increasing the difficulty of running a full node does not effect miners because they do not run full nodes, the pools do instead. I have gone further to separate the pools from the miners as being separate entities. This relationship and interaction is similar to the way that a representative democracy fuctions, as opposed to the direct democracy of the earlier Bitcoin mining ecosystem, which no longer exists. Over the last two years the mining ecosystem has radically changed which is why the older concepts and ideals of the mining ecosystem have become outdated. This is how Bitcoin mining functions today and it will not be possible to turn back the clock unless we radically change Bitcoin from what it is today. I think that Bitcoin mining works and I am happy to give control over the blocksize to the miners in the form of BIP100, since they are the people that are best incentivized to do what is good for Bitcoin.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:17:01 PM

What is Core going to do now? Now that the majority of the miners want bigger blocks. Grin
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:17:56 PM

they will do.
because people have talked.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:30:57 PM

bitcoin is not a democracy.

it's a consensus (defined by a 90-95% global threshold)

else status quo.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:33:50 PM

What is Core going to do now? Now that the majority of the miners want bigger blocks. Grin

They should go ahead and tell them to stfu. They don't make the rules and don't get to decide how Bitcoin operates.

VeritasSapere

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:39:50 PM

They should go ahead and tell them to stfu. They don't make the rules and don't get to decide how Bitcoin operates.
The miners do decide on the rules and you must not understand how Bitcoin works.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:42:01 PM

The miners do decide on the rules and you must not understand how Bitcoin works.

Roll Eyes

No, the miners only enforce the rules decided on by the nodes.

What is this? Bitcoin kindergarden? Damn you rugrats! Did you learn nothing from your homeworks ??  Angry

VeritasSapere

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:43:08 PM

else status quo.
Bitcoin is a form of democracy, it has it build right into the algorithm, Bitcoin will reflect the will of the economic majority.

It only requires 51% of the mining power to fork Bitcoin so repeating that it is a consensus only defined by 90-95% is meaningless. You are also ignoring the reality that consensus is often impossible among large groups of people.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:45:27 PM

Roll Eyes

No, the miners only enforce the rules decided on by the nodes.

What is this? Bitcoin kindergarden? Damn you rugrats! Did you learn nothing from your homeworks ??  Angry
Nodes can be faked and are not a good measure of consensus, you have even said this yourself. This is why proof of work is the superior method for deciding on important issues like this.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:54:08 PM

else status quo.
Bitcoin is form of democracy, it has it build right into the algorithm, Bitcoin will reflect the will of the economic majority.

It only requires 51% of the mining power to fork Bitcoin so repeating that it is a consensus only defined by 90-95% is meaningless. You are ignoring the reality that consensus is often impossible among large groups of people.

A 51% fork is righteously called an attack on the network.

Any change that involves less than a super-majority agreement is to be considered contentious and a subsequent fork is to be considered an altcoin if it results in the existence of two separate networks.

For that reason, Bitcoin is not ruled by the majority and therefore is not a democracy.

Don't confuse consensus and unanimity. No one said changes require 100% support.

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:56:11 PM

else status quo.
Bitcoin is a form of democracy, it has it build right into the algorithm, Bitcoin will reflect the will of the economic majority.

It only requires 51% of the mining power to fork Bitcoin so repeating that it is a consensus only defined by 90-95% is meaningless. You are also ignoring the reality that consensus is often impossible among large groups of people.

nope, wrong, noob, it has LAWS build right into the algorithm.

miners would not even try a 51% attack or else trust, hence money, fades out instantly.

so consensus amongst all the actors it is. anyway. noob.
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: