Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:16:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527664 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:46:42 PM

Some one is selling S7 (probably B9) below retail on eBay. Did anybody have any transaction with this seller before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-s7-/141869289585?hash=item2108119071:g:JDQAAOSwoydWi4xy

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:
Estimated between Wed. Jan. 20 and Fri. Jan. 22
Includes 10 business days handling time after receipt of cleared payment.
Please allow additional time if international delivery is subject to customs processing.

So its a pre-order. The price is pretty close to B9, but if you get B9 in bulk order or coupon, it would be possibly much cheaper. Not sure about ebay's cut.

Anyways you're protected by the ebay buyer protection thing, but that does not mean its going to be hassle free.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:47:37 PM

I just went to an S7 and had a look at the Control board [Which consists of the BB board and IO (daughter) board].  I see this now.  I prefer to be able to purchase both and not just one.  I want extras for the future in case of failure.

Worth remembering that you can plug and run 2 x S7 (6 Hash Boards) off a single controller, so worth owning a set of longer cables to enable an easy plug up in the event of a failure.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:15:27 PM

Some one is selling S7 (probably B9) below retail on eBay. Did anybody have any transaction with this seller before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-s7-/141869289585?hash=item2108119071:g:JDQAAOSwoydWi4xy

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:
Please allow additional time if international delivery is subject to customs processing.

So its a pre-order. The price is pretty close to B9, but if you get B9 in bulk order or coupon, it would be possibly much cheaper. Not sure about ebay's cut.

Anyways you're protected by the ebay buyer protection thing, but that does not mean its going to be hassle free.

this guy is losing money.. ebay takes 10% and paypal takes like 2 or 4%

unless he ordered a crap ton using coupons for all of them and bulk discount hes probably breaking even at that point

maybe just a way for him to convert his coins to fiat easily
RichBC

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:27:33 PM

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:

unless he ordered a crap ton using coupons for all of them and bulk discount hes probably breaking even at that point

He obviously has done a bulk purchase, says 23 sold in 24Hrs & still more than 10 Available. Something does not quite add up as he is based in France & must have to pay VAT, so the price seems too good?

Interesting to me, based in the UK, as if it's legit it's way cheaper than I can get an S7 with VAT & other charges. I will ask a couple of questions and see what I get back?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:34:17 PM

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:

He obviously has done a bulk purchase, says 23 sold in 24Hrs & still more than 10 Available. Something does not quite add up as he is based in France & must have to pay VAT, so the price seems too good?

Interesting to me, based in the UK, as if it's legit it's way cheaper than I can get an S7 with VAT & other charges. I will ask a couple of questions and see what I get back?

Rich

I have some eBay bucks which makes it a really good deal. Like droid said, seller may be trying to cash out his coins.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
RichBC

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:41:47 PM

I have some eBay bucks which makes it a really good deal. Like droid said, seller may be trying to cash out his coins.

It's rapidly falling into the if it looks to good to be true category......

The going price for an S7 on ebay in the UK is £1600+ these would be £700. If it was right I would buy several, and as soon as I start thinking that I know it's not right..... Also add looks very much like this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-Antminer-S7-4-73T-Bitcoin-miner-4730GH-BTC-Mining-machine-28nm-BM1385-/262197433706?hash=item3d0c2f556a:g:CWEAAOSwhkRWc4A8

I will ask a couple of questions anyway

Rich

J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:44:31 PM

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:

Rich

Pure SCAM.

The VAT number doesn't seem to be real. (checked on VIES, official EU VAT validation site)
The company registering number belongs to another company. (checked on french website www.avis-situation-sirene.insee.fr/)
Phone and fax number belongs to another company (not the same as the registering number neither)
The name and address given are belonging to a company, but not with those registering number and VAT number.
http://www.societe.com/societe/monsieur-guillaume-wysocki-442341178.html

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
-droid-
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:45:37 PM

The going price for an S7 on ebay in the UK is £1600+ these would be £700. If it was right I would buy several, and as soon as I start thinking that I know it's not right..... Also add looks very much like this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-Antminer-S7-4-73T-Bitcoin-miner-4730GH-BTC-Mining-machine-28nm-BM1385-/262197433706?hash=item3d0c2f556a:g:CWEAAOSwhkRWc4A8

Rich

he probably just copied the description and hit sell similar link to sell his units.. ive done that in the past when im too lazy to fill out specs and stuff myself
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:46:37 PM

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:

Rich

Pure SCAM.

The VAT number doesn't seem to be real. (checked on VIES, official EU VAT validation site)
The company registering number belongs to another company. (checked on french website www.avis-situation-sirene.insee.fr/)
Phone and fax number belongs to another company (not the same as the registering number neither)
The name and address given are belonging to a company, but not with those registering number and VAT number.

lol good work.  I might point out that on ebay sometimes you can sell for free, or lower fees.  they have "promotions" once in a while.  plus paypal obviously.
hawkfish007

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:46:54 PM

Rich

True, it is looking too good to be true. Not long ago, a seller, a scammer to be more accurate sent me a second chance offer. I paid him through PayPal, he stopped communicating. Got my money back but it took about 2 weeks.

-droid-
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:47:33 PM

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:

Rich

Pure SCAM.

hmm why would he use ebay to scam? buyers can just reverse payment

unless hes using a bogus paypal and funnels the money to another source after everyone buys his fake units.. then proceeds to ditch that paypal account
supersonic

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:50:44 PM

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:

Rich

Pure SCAM.

unless hes using a bogus paypal and funnels the money to another source after everyone buys his fake units.. then proceeds to ditch that paypal account

or ebay account was stolen/compromised

Nice from far but far from nice
J4bberwock

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:52:23 PM

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:

Rich

Pure SCAM.

Paypal can only get your money back if it's still in the paypal account, and maybe if there is a bank account linked to the paypal account.
I'm almost sure there are ways to use the balance up to a certain amount without linking any bank account.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
RichBC

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:54:47 PM

Paypal can only get your money back if it's still in the paypal account, and maybe if there is a bank account linked to the paypal account.
I'm almost sure there are ways to use the balance up to a certain amount without linking any bank account.

Also he is open to Best Offers. I suspect people contact him and he then proposes an off ebay purchase to save fees etc. etc...

Rich

-droid-
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:00:26 PM

Also he is open to Best Offers. I suspect people contact him and he then proposes an off ebay purchase to save fees etc. etc...

Rich

yeah i sent an offer for 900 but just retracted it.. too much of a risk
J4bberwock

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:05:09 PM

He is also supposed to receive a pallet of S5 refurbished and checked by Bitmain guaranteed without any dead chips  Grin

I reported all his auctions with miners. unfortunately, we can't add a comment when reporting to Ebay, so I can't tell them what to check.

hawkfish007

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:07:44 PM

He is also supposed to receive a pallet of S5 refurbished and checked by Bitmain guaranteed without any dead chips  Grin

I reported all his auctions with miners. unfortunately, we can't add a comment when reporting to Ebay, so I can't tell them what to check.

I sent him a counteroffer, just got a message that he will give 10% discount for BTC payment. Now definitely looks like too good to be true.

RichBC

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:13:57 PM

Yes I reported it as well. Always find the reporting categories very unsatisfactory for this sort of item. Will be interesting to see if it's still there in the Morning?

Rich

Gornidah

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:17:02 PM

Selling each S5 at EUR 338.00?!?!? Too high for an S5 and too low for an S7, doesn't make any sense to me, and because of that, I'll pass it, too much pita to get my money back.
RichBC

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:31:51 PM

Selling each S5 at EUR 338.00?!?!? Too high for an S5 and too low for an S7, doesn't make any sense to me, and because of that, I'll pass it, too much pita to get my money back.

That's a good price for an S5 in Europe, but not as good as his S7. That is £228 wheras an ebay S5 will get at least £300 & often £350. I will be selling mine soon, so hope it stays that way.  Smiley

However this is academic as it's a SCAM.

Rich

Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: