Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:33:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006426 times)
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 08:14:36 AM

I'd say Vlad has limited involvement with Cryptsy.
he seems no more connected to them than i am LOL
We both have just been there since the early days.

And as much as HippieTech has a grudge against the guy my experiences with Vlad have been ok.
He's a nice guy and he is very generous.
I would group him with MicroGuy.. or other older users of Cryptsy.
That seemed to be on the outer part of the Back Room Boys "Free Mason" inner circle.

EDIT:
..although
some guys should come clean here and can and should dish up some dirt !
maybe before they get the Gleb Gamow Treatment too LOL
..cough cough iGotSpots  Wink

Yo man.. Spots do us a favor and tell us Cryptsy's involvement with TIX / Tickets !
That would be fucking sweeeeet !
I know iGotSpots could bury these guys with the info he has.

microguy, spots and vlad where never in the backroom.

Can you shed some light on whether or not BitJohn was in Afghanistan during 2013 when the general consensus is that he was? The reason for asking is that my research is dictating otherwise.

He did make that claim, via the troll/chatbox.

There have also been rumors about their use and/or theft of military resources to run/host the site.

"BitJohn's back in the States for a couple months. Till his return to the yurt, I, BitalFarsi, will be addressing tickets for Cryptsy's 300K+ users."

"How many shares of Cryptsy stock just for this one?"

"Then, 15 minutes later he casually asked again why EyebrowCOIN was secretly relisted on Cryptsy, and that's when I banned his ass from the Trollbox."

lmafo

Horus' unibrow had a coin too ? Huh wtf

HAHAHA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:25:49 AM

I'd say Vlad has limited involvement with Cryptsy.
he seems no more connected to them than i am LOL
We both have just been there since the early days.

And as much as HippieTech has a grudge against the guy my experiences with Vlad have been ok.
He's a nice guy and he is very generous.
I would group him with MicroGuy.. or other older users of Cryptsy.
That seemed to be on the outer part of the Back Room Boys "Free Mason" inner circle.

EDIT:
..although
some guys should come clean here and can and should dish up some dirt !
maybe before they get the Gleb Gamow Treatment too LOL
..cough cough iGotSpots  Wink

Yo man.. Spots do us a favor and tell us Cryptsy's involvement with TIX / Tickets !
That would be fucking sweeeeet !
I know iGotSpots could bury these guys with the info he has.

microguy, spots and vlad where never in the backroom.

Can you shed some light on whether or not BitJohn was in Afghanistan during 2013 when the general consensus is that he was? The reason for asking is that my research is dictating otherwise.

He did make that claim, via the troll/chatbox.

There have also been rumors about their use and/or theft of military resources to run/host the site.

"BitJohn's back in the States for a couple months. Till his return to the yurt, I, BitalFarsi, will be addressing tickets for Cryptsy's 300K+ users."

"How many shares of Cryptsy stock just for this one?"

"Then, 15 minutes later he casually asked again why EyebrowCOIN was secretly relisted on Cryptsy, and that's when I banned his ass from the Trollbox."

lmafo

Horus' unibrow had a coin too ? Huh wtf

HAHAHA

"How many BottlecapCOINs you give us for getting quarter million Afghans to join this Cryptsy thing?"
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:39:25 AM

Those don't look like real soldiers.. STOLEN VALOR !!!!!!!!!!

Google / Youtube it guys Wink

Also i'd say the ORB story i posted is pretty damning. LOL

EDIT:
Guys don't pick on them.. they are the common man like us.. living pay check to pay check.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 08:43:42 AM

For the record I'm not convinced this legacy code issue is the only or even the main problem. That's not how such issues typically manifest themselves. If there was a code change made mid-October or whenever the major problems started it should have been rolled back. If that's not an option then other measures should have been applied, there is a lot of things that could be done to make performance issues more bearable. At the very least users should be warned on the site instead of making them go to scam threads looking for answers. Right now it looks like Cryptsy is happy to take deposits and not so happy to give them back. What a convenient coincidence that the legacy code affects only THAT part of site's functionality.

You can't possibly have this much issues soley on only legacy code.

If I were to take a guess it would be that they are insolvent.

Basically robbing Peter to pay Paul and repeat.

Is BigV a wannabe coder pretending to be a skillfull/ knowledgable one ?

Or.. is it the other way around ?

I've wondered the same about muddafudda and his mountain of broken shitcoins.

MARCIOUS
Copper Member

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:46:10 PM

Hey Guys,

Just had my 0.6 BTC withdrawal from Cryptsy finally go through.
It took the last 4 days for it to be processed, showing as pending the whole time.

Once I opened the ticket I got a response, saying usual tech issues.
Once I opened a second ticket saying the 1st was taking to long to update (36 hours later), they closed it saying that they were addressing the 1st ticket and that they were manually going through the requests.

It finally went through today, still no update or change to the ticket status thou.
So not sure whats going on over there, but at least some BTC is still getting processed....
BitJohn

Activity: 826

@Bit_John

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:19:16 PM

Let me point out something..
Does BitJohn have full code access to Cryptsy ?
Nope sure didn't a decade ago I knew some Java.

If he says no i wonder would he know if another guy was screwing with things behind the scene like Mark from Gox was.
I suspect BJ here was actively involved in things though.. trying to put ALL the blame on BigVern now.
Like I said 4 programmers only Paul has full access to everything.

We know another guy or two has wallet code access in their servers.. Mullick mostly i think ?
Has more access than most but less than Logan the old Network admin. Paul is the only person there with universal access.

So how do we know people have not been screwing with things ?
A veil of secrecy and denial.
All in the name of keeping thing secret for security reasons.
Yeah sometimes keeping things secret is the best security but not sure what exactly your asking

I wonder how BJ often claims wallet issues in the past (his go to response)
He better have code access if he is claiming that LOL
It was always wallet issues. Cryptsy has way to many coins! Do the math at a minimum that adds up to around 600 wallets. Always one hung up or acting up. The other issue with them is well half were programmed by people who had no clue what they were changing so they dont work correctly.

Can BJ read and write c or even c++ code ?
Or if it's just a matter of ohh the wallet is obviously down then he must have access to see them running.

Or he is told so by another guy.. Mullick ? BigVern ?
I can read some code. No admin has a direct wallet view. We asked when issues arose and manually put it in maintenance baased on what Mullick and Paul told the CS staff.

I think there is a lot more than meets the eye here LOL
Probably way less than you want it to be haha

Only major question i have is.. if BigVern is the creator and main guy why on earth is only seen once or twice a year ?
Show me another popular site that has the coder / owner MIA ALL the damn time.
That is just fishy.. it's always been that way.
You will likely see Unicorn Fart before BigVern pops up chatting.
I can count on 1 hand how many appearances he's made since mid 2013
Thats why he hired folks to handle that stuff.... It's actually very normal for the CEO not to be out and about.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:21:44 PM

Read their terms and conditions that you agreed to when you signed up and you will see that everything they say is correct.  If they absolutely wanted to, they could close your account and keep your "money".  Most exchanges would not do that based on the fact that the long term return is very low, but it is within the terms that they use, pretty clear.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:23:15 PM

I also think it is pretty funny that people want to use a decentralized currency and then expect the system to step in and save them when something goes wrong.  That is like asking the cops to go after a drug dealer because he stole your money.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:43:53 PM

So who at Cryptsy approves of coins to be added ?
Coins were added based on volume or the voting list. Only paul can actually list a coin it was always a painful process.

I seen people complain that some select coins were voting list jumped before.
such as the ones the BTC-e boys were flogging with their pump group.
and..
Yeah if it had high volume we obviously wanted to get the volume.

Who decided it was a good idea to make a BTC-e chat mod spammer a cryptsy chat box mod ?
Yeah..... I thought it was a good idea..... that didnt work out haha

Fishy when you look at say Max coin which was the hottest coin going for ages.
And no matter what Cryptsy would NOT add it !
It took them many months to add MAX.
Every other exchange had it listed on launch day.
Don't recall what the issue was with Maxcoin though I think I asked right away we wanted the volume as always. If I had to guess I think it was just one of those times I asked and it just took forever for Paul to add it.

So yeah who gets to decide and who gets the voting money ?
I voted myself for Jackpotcoin to be added.. it never was.
Votes went back into revenues it was added to try and stem the flow of a zillion new altcoins daily.

And hey let's go on and on shall we LOL

ORB added maybe AUG 2013'ish and people on chat raged and demanded it be pulled..
it was, less than an hour later..citing user demand (we all said it was scammy heap of shit)
SO who made the decision to silently slip it back in DEC 2013 unannounced ?

I also was told it had a large part? of the scammy huge premine was handed over to Cryptsy before it was re-added.
Who pocketed that ?
ORB was a horrible coin.... On that note it was re-added once it was being carried elsewhere with volume.

Nah to my knowledge wouldn't have accepted that. Anytime someone makes an accusation where Cryptsy listed a coin for money is pretty false. Most of those bribes are like $200-$1000 not even worth the ass pain of adding them.

Also who was mining the coin *dead* for six months before it was re-added ?
I wish i knew it was going back on Cryptsy to be fed to the noob hoard with wad's off cash i could have made a fortune LOL
No clue who was mining it you say hoards of cash.... again if its not like 30-40k probably not even worth digging into.

And is it standard practice to accept coins from dev's as part of an agreement to add their coin ?
Has this happened before at all and how much was received ?
Nope just like we wouldn't do ICO's Cryptsy pretty much listed everything until there were just too many to keep listing.

I could ask a lot of questions but i will just scare these guys back into hiding.. and that is no fun LOL
..ya gotta leave the rope on the floor and make them feel comfortable and at ease hahahh
Just like normal your about 60% right.

EDIT:
What we have here is a business who figured it was ok to keep us all in the dark all along
making decisions regardless if it pissed us all off.
What analysis are you using? Cryptsy has reaal numbers to base many of those decisions and oddly enough its wasnt based on what Spoetnik thought.

I would summarize it nicely by mentioning long ago when i had said *again* why doesn't Cryptsy
notify us when adding a new coin and more importantly when a coin is having problems.
Most of the time support knows a wallet is having issues when customers starting putting in tickets.

The response i got from BitJohn on Cryptsy chat was.. "There you happy ?"
He had added a message (that one time) on the integrated main page Twitter feed.
It was what i felt a rather rude response.. i was not being a jerk about it either !
I was simply making another request to keep us in the loop with problems.
Since Cryptsy has began there has been a history of problems with coins and i have said endlessly
that it is forgivable *usually ..if we are kept informed.
Even the employees complain about communication. If you felt offended its likely you were taking me out of context I always liked you.

I stopped using them because of an incident with White Coin.
I was arb'ing coins and they simply vanished (after sending from Poloniex to Cryptsy)
I had mentioned and was ignored by various mods talking on Cryptsy's chat box for a good hour.
Eventually BitJohn mentioned there was a fork and no matter where i looked i could not find a single comment about that.
He didn't say *maybe*
He said there was a FORK !
Did he just say that to shut me up based on nothing ? i have no clue..
I do know there was no fork.. it was bullshit !
I came here and made a topic about it.
If I said that its because I was told there was. Again support folks really are doing everything to try and help folks.

I also mentioned how i was jumped on by JShock who told me i was going to get banned.
And i laughed and said for what ? Because i asked where my coins were ?
He said because i was harping on it.. and that is pure raw bullshit !
Yeah some folks are ban happy...I never really liked banning folks.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:50:03 PM

I also think it is pretty funny that people want to use a decentralized currency and then expect the system to step in and save them when something goes wrong.  That is like asking the cops to go after a drug dealer because he stole your money.

Sorry guy but i beat you to that routine long ago..
Go read comments by Disqus user xpmule saying that when Gox hit the news at Coindesk. (that's me)

And BitJohn i appreciate you taking the time to answer some questions.
I have many times worded things like i am giving you an out Wink
Such as you may not have knowledge of what BigVern is doing etc.

But i have posted 10 different stories that reek.. and they say when there is smoke there is fire right ?
I have always said about Cryptsy that things tend to LOOK bad.
And the silence and no announcements on coin issues creates an inferno.

I'm not going to get a satisfactory answer for various incidents.. not holding my breath.

And bear in mind i have not really lifted a finger here on this matter.
I have barely made any effort here on this topic if i wanted to REALLY start digging i could.
All i have done is brought up various incidents i have seen over the years as i thought of them.
I was not searching the forum for them.. Like i could.

"issues" and silence on things have strangled Cryptsy.
Why is a whole other can of worms lol

BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:00:29 PM

And BitJohn i appreciate you taking the time to answer some questions.
I have many times worded things like i am giving you an out Wink
Such as you may not have knowledge of what BigVern is doing etc.
Working at Cryptsy for two years I don't think anyone knew what BV was doing haha. None of the people you have listed really ran the company... Your missing almost every executive and investor....

But i have posted 10 different stories that reek.. and they say when there is smoke there is fire right ?
I have always said about Cryptsy that things tend to LOOK bad.
And the silence and no announcements on coin issues creates an inferno.
Again there is no secret conspiracy there. Now maybe there is some bad management...

I'm not going to get a satisfactory answer for various incidents.. not holding my breath.
If I can answer I will but some of them are just nonsense so hard to give you the answers if your convinced of the "facts"

And bear in mind i have not really lifted a finger here on this matter.
I have barely made any effort here on this topic if i wanted to REALLY start digging i could.
All i have done is brought up various incidents i have seen over the years as i thought of them.
I was not searching the forum for them.. Like i could.
Dig away I dont think you will really find anything.

"issues" and silence on things have strangled Cryptsy.
Why is a whole other can of worms lol
Totally agree on this point.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:46:25 PM

You have always been masterful at PR BitJohn.. a true gift LOL

Regardless of what ever i think i DO appreciate you taking the time to talk to us all.

For one thing a mob screaming law suit is gonna make the girl clamp those legs closed.
and we want to coax her into opening those puppies up for us  Grin

BUT !
On the flip side with out the pressure we may not have gotten a response at all.

But i don't expect much for answers all things considered.
With looming legality issues in crypto in general business's have to watch what they say of course.

So.. hey why not throw another question out there.
@BitJohn i always have liked you and i was surprised to see you said you left.
Has it been a long time ?
I ask simply out of curiosity eh.

I am not bs'ing we have always gotten along pretty well and had many convo's (many conflicting views) on things.
A centralized exchange has to exist to make money and that puts itself in conflict often.
Such as do you add a scammy crap coin to make money ?
Or do you refuse it for the good of crypto.
For example we have talked about Doge coin more than once LOL

It's a complicated world this crypto stuff.
Clarity helps !

BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:56:53 PM

You have always been masterful at PR BitJohn.. a true gift LOL
I tend to find if you stick to the facts PR does the work for itself.

Regardless of what ever i think i DO appreciate you taking the time to talk to us all.
Got lots of free time now haha

For one thing a mob screaming law suit is gonna make the girl clamp those legs closed.
and we want to coax her into opening those puppies up for us  Grin

BUT !
On the flip side with out the pressure we may not have gotten a response at all.

But i don't expect much for answers all things considered.
With looming legality issues in crypto in general business's have to watch what they say of course.
I think that and the fact I left lead to the lack of replies.

Officially not very long though I did what was needed for a semi smooth transition its been a few weeks.

I am not bs'ing we have always gotten along pretty well and had many convo's (many conflicting views) on things.
A centralized exchange has to exist to make money and that puts itself in conflict often.
Such as do you add a scammy crap coin to make money ?
Or do you refuse it for the good of crypto.
For example we have talked about Doge coin more than once LOL
I always enjoyed our chats honestly. We never refused money for the good of crypto generally refused the scammy crap for legal reasons. Not to mention adding a coin with a premine etc for a couple hundred bucks in a shit coin is a poor business model.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 03:10:00 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2015, 05:30:01 PM by Spoetnik

Well call off the dogs we now have evidence he exists.. foot-print molds and DNA evidence confirmed !
We even found a picture of him (flying military drones)

Guess which one he is Wink

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:06:02 PM

Please link me a source depicting hendo420 = Matt Carson. I show wish this to be true. HAHAHA
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:33:13 PM

Officially not very long though I did what was needed for a semi smooth transition its been a few weeks.

October 24, 2015 (a Saturday evening):

When will it work? It is of paramount importance for the stock exchange!!!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195864.msg12677166#msg12677166

The first 300 cards should be in our hand in 30 days. After that we have to ship them out. so 45 days from now about.

October 18, 2015 (retweet on a Sunday evening):

https://twitter.com/cryptsy/status/655911658045444098

Does 22 days = a few weeks?
jesselivermore

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 06:18:01 PM

"3. There has never been any secret system slowing withdraws (just legacy programming that cant handle the load)."

Bullcrap.  The withdrawal issues spread from BTC to LTC to DOGE.  I got the rest of my coins off in ETH.  My FLO withdrawals were halved, then halved again, and again, and again.  The whole thing smells really bad IMHO and hopefully the truth will be proven in court.  Civil and hopefully criminal IMHO.   The ship is sinking.  Big Vern to the Big House!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 06:22:50 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.msg12987510#msg12987510

It was always wallet issues. Cryptsy has way to many coins! Do the math at a minimum that adds up to around 600 wallets. Always one hung up or acting up. The other issue with them is well half were programmed by people who had no clue what they were changing so they dont work correctly.

Color me confused, for no matter how many altcoin wallets have issues Cryptsy shouldn't have a single problem running its exchange if it's functioning properly. The Cryptsy exchange is simply a ledger keeping track of buys and sells. The exchange is funded via viable means (bank transfer, bitcoins, solid altcoin, PayPal, CC, etc.) that Cryptsy accepts for payments. There's no need to sinc to any, let alone ALL the altcoin wallets on the exchange proper because, again, it's just a ledger.

If an altcoin is accepted for payment or withdraws and it becomes troublesome, then Cryptsy would simply no longer accept it and, in kind, delist it from the exchange as a service to its users if the alt's issue are not resolved accordingly and in a timely fashion.

As a legacy commodity exchange, they don't have access to the wheat chamber if wheat is accepted for payment and/or withdraw and its commodity pair is, let's say, civet coffee. Said exchange doesn't cancel or delay the buy/sell because the only dude who has the key to the run-amok wheat chamber is on holiday at the civet petting zoo. The deal goes through. Later, when the person wants to exit the exchange, he puts in a withdraw request via the acceptable methods. Granted, if civet coffee is not an option for him to withdraw, he must trade laterally to a commodity that is acceptable, perhaps corn.

I know, the above example is highly skewed, but surely the gist of what I'm trying to point out comes across. If Scottrade starting having issues with its users, they would only be able to use the "somethin's broken" excuse for so long before users with pitchforks start cryin', "Insolvent!"

Please feel free to correct me in my assessment above.
n3rvi0zz0

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 06:53:26 PM

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Investors-Inc/1427443300838175

Given that Cryptsy has tens of thousands of users, what's wrong with this picture?

EDIT: OTOH, what's right with this picture?

Grin Grin Grin Grin

this image shows the trustness of crypsty

https://bizzilion.com/?ref=n3rvi0zz0

Earn up to 1.5% daily investing in the best platform of internet
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:35:09 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.msg12987510#msg12987510

Color me confused, for no matter how many altcoin wallets have issues Cryptsy shouldn't have a single problem running its exchange if it's functioning properly. The Cryptsy exchange is simply a ledger keeping track of buys and sells. The exchange is funded via viable means (bank transfer, bitcoins, solid altcoin, PayPal, CC, etc.) that Cryptsy accepts for payments. There's no need to sinc to any, let alone ALL the altcoin wallets on the exchange proper because, again, it's just a ledger.

If an altcoin is accepted for payment or withdraws and it becomes troublesome, then Cryptsy would simply no longer accept it and, in kind, delist it from the exchange as a service to its users if the alt's issue are not resolved accordingly and in a timely fashion.

As a legacy commodity exchange, they don't have access to the wheat chamber if wheat is accepted for payment and/or withdraw and its commodity pair is, let's say, civet coffee. Said exchange doesn't cancel or delay the buy/sell because the only dude who has the key to the run-amok wheat chamber is on holiday at the civet petting zoo. The deal goes through. Later, when the person wants to exit the exchange, he puts in a withdraw request via the acceptable methods. Granted, if civet coffee is not an option for him to withdraw, he must trade laterally to a commodity that is acceptable, perhaps corn.

I know, the above example is highly skewed, but surely the gist of what I'm trying to point out comes across. If Scottrade starting having issues with its users, they would only be able to use the "somethin's broken" excuse for so long before users with pitchforks start cryin', "Insolvent!"

Please feel free to correct me in my assessment above.

I don't think your analogy is off honestly. It is obvious that there are issues with Cryptsy at the moment. As I said before knowing Paul I think he will get it figured out it will just take a bit. That is however my opinion I worked for him for quite a while and was sad to leave.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Investors-Inc/1427443300838175

Given that Cryptsy has tens of thousands of users, what's wrong with this picture?

EDIT: OTOH, what's right with this picture?

Grin Grin Grin Grin

this image shows the trustness of crypsty
Project Investors is the parent company im not really surprised it doesn't have anything on it. The user count when I left was well over 300k. You might as well use the Facebook page for your example because I feel that is pretty low also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: