Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:20:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006439 times)
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:43:43 PM

i heard greenlion was let go as a volunteer cryptsy mod and received a ban i found that fishy.
Cryptsy staff have gone on record saying they dont stake customer coins stating it happens accidently sometimes when wallets are brought out of cold storage or something. i thought you had to specifically choose to unlock to stake though and could send without staking. I personally thought they were staking customer coins and selling for profits which is kinda dodgy..... they are an exchange not a bank!! i dont care if its in tos or not.

when they changed fee structure to withdrawal i confronted them with you cant do that with no notice its surely not legal. i was informed that its in tos i agreed to that they can change anything when they want no notice and that australian law isnt usa law so i should shut up. i said in response so cryptsy could change the withdrawal fee to 99% and thats all legal just because their tos says so and they can do it without notice. was told by the mod yes thats true but cryptsy wouldnt.

i dont think any law allows large changes to customers detriment financially without a notification window prior for customers to act if they dont agree right? or am i wrong? seems common sense else gox would have changed fees to 99.99% and closed legally right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 04:42:39 PM

KYC laws here in US. If they would've informed, they would be aiding potential laundering.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 05:54:07 PM

I haven't chimed in in a while and want to clear up a few things as far as what I did at Cryptsy and a few other details.

Gleb if you go back in the board history you'll see I used to sell alts on the boards here. I met Paul on Litebonk (he ran the pool). When Worldcoin came out I asked if he knew how to set up a pool and he did for that and every new alt that came out. Back then there was a new one like once a month. Anyhow he inquired on the litebonk boards if anyone would use an alt exchange if we had one for the Litebonk miners. Of course we all liked that idea. So if you wee a litebonk miner you got to betatest Cryptsy. Make a long story short several of us beta tested and became moderators. I enjoyed moderating so stayed on and volunteered for the next year.

Cryptsy had only one paid employee after a year and that was the accountant. When the wall street journal article about Cryptsy hit things hit the fan and just about everyone who was a volunteer became a paid employee. Paul's other company was brought in to provide support. The other company was an offshore support company. They are the same agents you see now.

My main role was as the PR manager I handled the public, social media, advertising etc. I was a salaried employee and promoted the sites. Mintsy was a side company owned 50-50 by Project Investors and DigitalBTC. Yes I promoted it too as part of my job . The problem with Mintsy is DigitalBTC basically took all the revenues, and pulled out. I'd give some numbers, but trying to be as detailed without breaking my NDA I signed.

My last job I held was in operations managing the Customer support, Human Resources, Security folks. When the CTO resigned I filled in there for a while as well managing the developers. The new UI and such was my push. I left because I was literally doing to many peoples jobs for not enough money. Cut into family time and I was ready to do something else.

This thread was started by a guy who was being affected by a weird DB bug that would put the wrong hash for your password when you reset it. It got resolved with him.

Horus is an always has been the same person.... Not sure where you got confused on that. He took over my PR role.

Again the majority of the stakeholders (the folks who own it) in Cryptsy are not the people you see posting here beyond BigVern. The folks who post on these boards are salaried worker bees.

EDIT: Greenlion was let go the day after I left....
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 06:01:16 PM

i heard greenlion was let go as a volunteer cryptsy mod and received a ban i found that fishy.
Cryptsy staff have gone on record saying they dont stake customer coins stating it happens accidently sometimes when wallets are brought out of cold storage or something. i thought you had to specifically choose to unlock to stake though and could send without staking. I personally thought they were staking customer coins and selling for profits which is kinda dodgy..... they are an exchange not a bank!! i dont care if its in tos or not.

when they changed fee structure to withdrawal i confronted them with you cant do that with no notice its surely not legal. i was informed that its in tos i agreed to that they can change anything when they want no notice and that australian law isnt usa law so i should shut up. i said in response so cryptsy could change the withdrawal fee to 99% and thats all legal just because their tos says so and they can do it without notice. was told by the mod yes thats true but cryptsy wouldnt.

i dont think any law allows large changes to customers detriment financially without a notification window prior for customers to act if they dont agree right? or am i wrong? seems common sense else gox would have changed fees to 99.99% and closed legally right?

Knaples was charged with embezzlement I believe not incompetence.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:01:06 PM

I haven't chimed in in a while and want to clear up a few things as far as what I did at Cryptsy and a few other details.

Gleb if you go back in the board history you'll see I used to sell alts on the boards here. I met Paul on Litebonk (he ran the pool). When Worldcoin came out I asked if he knew how to set up a pool and he did for that and every new alt that came out. Back then there was a new one like once a month. Anyhow he inquired on the litebonk boards if anyone would use an alt exchange if we had one for the Litebonk miners. Of course we all liked that idea. So if you wee a litebonk miner you got to betatest Cryptsy. Make a long story short several of us beta tested and became moderators. I enjoyed moderating so stayed on and volunteered for the next year.

Cryptsy had only one paid employee after a year and that was the accountant. When the wall street journal article about Cryptsy hit things hit the fan and just about everyone who was a volunteer became a paid employee. Paul's other company was brought in to provide support. The other company was an offshore support company. They are the same agents you see now.

My main role was as the PR manager I handled the public, social media, advertising etc. I was a salaried employee and promoted the sites. Mintsy was a side company owned 50-50 by Project Investors and DigitalBTC. Yes I promoted it too as part of my job . The problem with Mintsy is DigitalBTC basically took all the revenues, and pulled out. I'd give some numbers, but trying to be as detailed without breaking my NDA I signed.

My last job I held was in operations managing the Customer support, Human Resources, Security folks. When the CTO resigned I filled in there for a while as well managing the developers. The new UI and such was my push. I left because I was literally doing to many peoples jobs for not enough money. Cut into family time and I was ready to do something else.

This thread was started by a guy who was being affected by a weird DB bug that would put the wrong hash for your password when you reset it. It got resolved with him.

Horus is an always has been the same person.... Not sure where you got confused on that. He took over my PR role.

Again the majority of the stakeholders (the folks who own it) in Cryptsy are not the people you see posting here beyond BigVern. The folks who post on these boards are salaried worker bees.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140917/pdf/42s89c4j1j9vj2.pdf

<read the rest here: http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140917/pdf/42s89c4j1j9vj2.pdf >

Did DigitalBTC also keep the $1M USD paid to Paul Vernon after they pulled out from the Mintsy deal?

I find it pretty amazing that you were front and center of Mintsy but wasn't properly compensated for your efforts in garnering support from Crypty's customer base. Surely, Paul Vernon would've found it in his heart to give you at least 10% of the windfall, with him using the other $900K to go toward the purchase of his $1M+ home, finally moving out of his $300K+ shack.

Regardless his position or when he was employed, my comment ONLY pertained to that we don't know his real name, as with yours - only by nyms.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:25:09 PM

That press release leaves out plenty of details. I do know Paul never received that money I think the only money Cryptsy ever received was in payroll to the developers.

My involvement and compensation was fixed just like any other job it was 40k a year. You get your salary you don't reap all the benefits of the company the shareholders reap the benefits. Very few companies do profit sharing Project investors was not one of them.

I cannot defend Mintsy as a company because after it started having issues I myself decided I was not going to promote it. My personal opinion is PI, and Digital BTC should just pay back the minimal liabilities owed.

As far as Cryptsy loved working there for a long time. Cannot vouch for what they have going on now, but I can say there is matter of fact no secret society there of coin devs, and hustlers. I already pointed out where I think they come from. I will say it again personally I think Mintpal, and Bittrex were the majority of the alt stream any company with ICO's makes the most sense. Only business model that works. The mass flow of alts destroyed the alt market so overall bad for business.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:47:45 PM

The following images are from Cryptsy's main thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246679.0 - at the time started by BitJohn supposedly acting as an unpaid moderator while stationed in a war zone in Afghanistan:

Does the above reflect a person acting ONLY as a moderator or of one performing some administrative position?

Yes when Cryptsy started I was in Afghanistan volunteering when able as a moderator. There is plenty of downtime over there.

Edit: Jshock will work his but off to solve customer issues if its in his ability.

To recap, BitJohn was in a war zone stationed in Afghanistan performing moderator duties for Cryptsy (opened its website on May 20, 2013) because there was plenty of free time available on the front to conduct such. (the jury's still out as to if he performed such on his personal computer and on one supplied by the military, either of which used the Army's free Wi-Fi services, that's if the stationed abroad claim holds water)

2 1/2 years later, just over a month ago from today, BitJohn leaves Cryptsy because ... wait for it ... he wasn't compensated enough for all the effort he put into Paul Vernon's brainchild. Don't forget, the first year BitJohn performed all his duties at Cryptsy free of charge before being put on the payroll.

Doing the maths, BitJohn putting in the same hours per day at Cryptsy as an unpaid moderator, then later as a paid personnel, regardless titles or duties, his compensation looks like the following using ONLY $500/wk pay.

2 1/2 years at Cryptsy.
Year 1: Paid $0
Next 1 1/2 years: Paid ~$39,000 USD. EDIT: $60,000 USD, as per BitJohn's declaration.

Yes, the latter figure was probably not enough to be compensated for working at Cryptsy for a year and half, but it's multitudes more than when BitJohn worked tirelessly during his first year at Cryptsy and even declared he was happy to do such.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:55:16 PM

That press release leaves out plenty of details. I do know Paul never received that money I think the only money Cryptsy ever received was in payroll to the developers.

My involvement and compensation was fixed just like any other job it was 40k a year. You get your salary you don't reap all the benefits of the company the shareholders reap the benefits. Very few companies do profit sharing Project investors was not one of them.

I cannot defend Mintsy as a company because after it started having issues I myself decided I was not going to promote it. My personal opinion is PI, and Digital BTC should just pay back the minimal liabilities owed.

As far as Cryptsy loved working there for a long time. Cannot vouch for what they have going on now, but I can say there is matter of fact no secret society there of coin devs, and hustlers. I already pointed out where I think they come from. I will say it again personally I think Mintpal, and Bittrex were the majority of the alt stream any company with ICO's makes the most sense. Only business model that works. The mass flow of alts destroyed the alt market so overall bad for business.

I believe you're confusing a press release with a required SEC-esque filing.

And, how can you say with 100% certainty that Paul Vernon didn't receive that million dollars?
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:01:01 PM

Gleb you post here for free yes? So yeah I volunteered just like your volunteering to solve the evils of the world. As far as picking coins yep I did that as a moderator at the time. There were not a million to pick from I maintained the list. The list if you spent some time you would find the old one I emphasized no pre-mine fair releases. I did it because I liked crypto. You post here because you I assume like crypto.

Unless your saying your a paid shill and doing it for money. I do not think saying I volunteered is a reach. I will also say prior to the time I was paid the company didn't make much money. Vern had a side job.... Companies have costs the costs ate the majority of the revenues in the first year.

BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:05:32 PM

I believe you're confusing a press release with a required SEC-esque filing.

And, how can you say with 100% certainty that Paul Vernon didn't receive that million dollars?

You are right I cannot say for certain. I can say that is what the CFO told me when I asked about what the hell was going on with Mintsy. That SEC-esque filing is still little more than a press release.... Personally I think Mintsy was a horrible idea I think the DigitalBTC folks are a bunch of fucking monkeys.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:17:06 PM

Gleb you post here for free yes? So yeah I volunteered just like your volunteering to solve the evils of the world. As far as picking coins yep I did that as a moderator at the time. There were not a million to pick from I maintained the list. The list if you spent some time you would find the old one I emphasized no pre-mine fair releases. I did it because I liked crypto. You post here because you I assume like crypto.

Unless your saying your a paid shill and doing it for money. I do not think saying I volunteered is a reach. I will also say prior to the time I was paid the company didn't make much money. Vern had a side job.... Companies have costs the costs ate the majority of the revenues in the first year.

Cryptsy started on May 20, 2013.

For the first year, you were an unpaid moderator because Cryptsy didn't yet have enough support to pay out salaries after having to pay overhead. This is up to circa Q2, 2014.

Backing up to Q3, 2013, Cryptsy was overwhelmed with users due to the run-up of bitcoins, in turn, myriad altcoins, the viable ones (mostly, supposedly, at the time) trading on Cryptsy. This took enormous personnel to handle, yet you're saying that nobody at Cryptsy save for an accountant was paid for their services during the first year of operation? This doesn't even begin to make sense.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:19:25 PM

For the first year, you were an unpaid moderator because Cryptsy didn't yet have enough support to pay out salaries after having to pay overhead. This is up to circa Q2, 2014.

Backing up to Q3, 2013, Cryptsy was overwhelmed with users due to the run-up of bitcoins, in turn, myriad altcoins, the viable ones (mostly, supposedly, at the time) trading on Cryptsy. This took enormous personnel to handle, yet you're saying that nobody at Cryptsy save for an accountant was paid for their services during the first year of operation? This doesn't even begin to make sense.

Prior to the run-up just mullick and I worked support and did it as volunteers. The next person hired after accountant was the first developer/CTO. Im really not concerned if you think it makes sense its a fact. The site only had 30k account after the first year.

EDIT:
The support scaled pretty quickly when the support company was merged. Jshock and his crew joined the team. Mullick, and I trained them. Mullick moved to Florida, and started getting a paycheck. I joined after that.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:00:47 PM

Prior to the run-up just mullick and I worked support and did it as volunteers. The next person hired after accountant was the first developer/CTO. Im really not concerned if you think it makes sense its a fact. The site only had 30k account after the first year.

EDIT:
The support scaled pretty quickly when the support company was merged. Jshock and his crew joined the team. Mullick, and I trained them. Mullick moved to Florida, and started getting a paycheck. I joined after that.

The CTO was Bryant Ibana: http://web.archive.org/web/20131102234026/https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/about

https://www.linkedin.com/in/horus-thesun-48a56241

Don't forget that Horus was hired on in October, 2013, while you were still a moderator. You were still a moderator, supposedly, when you and Mullick trained the support team. I can only guess as to how much arm-twisting Paul Vernon had to do for you to finally start accepting a paycheck from the then-now in-the-black Cryptsy oppose to performing tremendous duties sans pay up to fully getting compensated.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:02:54 PM

EDIT:

The CTO was Bryant Ibana: http://web.archive.org/web/20131102234026/https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/about

Don't forget that Horus was hired on in October, 2013, while you were still a moderator. You were still a moderator, supposedly, when you and Mullick trained the support team. I can only guess as to how much arm-twisting Paul Vernon had to do for you to finally start accepting a paycheck from the then-now in-the-black Cryptsy oppose to performing tremendous duties sans pay up to fully getting compensated.

Horus was also a moderator at the time he, Prime and myself all started getting paid the same day shortly after Mullick. So yeah your tracking now. Yes Bryant was the first CTO.

EDIT:
It wasn't my only job unlike everyone else I had a job. I also was not available for 9-5 work.
SimonFR

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:06:34 PM

I am adding my +1 to this topic as Cryptsy doesn't let me withdraw.
It is marked as confirmed on Cryptsy side but nothing on the destination address as I can see in the btc blockchain.
It has been days I wait...
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:17:12 PM

EDIT:

Horus was also a moderator at the time he, Prime and myself all started getting paid the same day shortly after Mullick. So yeah your tracking now. Yes Bryant was the first CTO.

EDIT:
It wasn't my only job unlike everyone else I had a job. I also was not available for 9-5 work.

If Horus started getting paid in October, 2013, no more than 5 months after Cryptsy went live, and you started getting paid the same time that Horus started getting paid, then why did you state above, and many times elsewheres, that you didn't start getting paid to about a year later, i.e., ~circa May, 2014?
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:35:27 PM

If it really matters I have stated I got a paycheck when the site went big that was after the WSJ article. You're the math wiz do the math its irrelevant to the discussion really.

Bottom line I volunteered, worked the job and quit the job. I don't own shares not a stakeholder. Simply its all dead to me. I don't mind helping keeping the facts straight because some shit folks come up with is straight up just bad info.

Where did Spoetnik go?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:11:39 PM

If it really matters I have stated I got a paycheck when the site went big that was after the WSJ article. You're the math wiz do the math its irrelevant to the discussion really.

Bottom line I volunteered, worked the job and quit the job. I don't own shares not a stakeholder. Simply its all dead to me. I don't mind helping keeping the facts straight because some shit folks come up with is straight up just bad info.

Where did Spoetnik go?

Honestly, the math is pretty simple. Hell, I'm pretty sure that even Leroy Fodor could do the math.

I enjoyed moderating so stayed on and volunteered for the next year.

Cryptsy had only one paid employee after a year and that was the accountant.

(May 20, 2013) + (1 years) = May 20, 2014

(May 20, 2013) + X = October, 2013
X = ~5 Months

~5 Months ≠ 1 Year
October, 2013 ≠ May 20, 2013

I joined cryptsy yesterday and done a few trades and so far, so good.

Welcome new traders feel free to personally contact me if you have any issues. Either PM, support ticket or email at bitjohn@cryptsy.com

Since when did unpaid moderators on forums start handling support tickets, thus privy to vitals of an entity's user base? According to the timestamp, Cryptsy had only been around less than 3 months (~10 weeks), with you handling support tickets that's outside a moderator's territory... AND, you provided such services for free, by all accounts, all the while serving in a war zone in Afghanistan at the time in your free time, again, by your own accounts. Still, crazily amazing, if you ask me.

BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:43:25 PM

Where did Spoetnik go?

Honestly, the math is pretty simple. Hell, I'm pretty sure that even Leroy Fodor could do the math.

I enjoyed moderating so stayed on and volunteered for the next year.

Cryptsy had only one paid employee after a year and that was the accountant.

(May 20, 2013) + (1 years) = May 20, 2014

(May 20, 2013) + X = October, 2013
X = ~5 Months

~5 Months ≠ 1 Year
October, 2013 ≠ May 20, 2013

I joined cryptsy yesterday and done a few trades and so far, so good.

Welcome new traders feel free to personally contact me if you have any issues. Either PM, support ticket or email at bitjohn@cryptsy.com

Since when did unpaid moderators on forums start handling support tickets, thus privy to vitals of an entity's user base? According to the timestamp, Cryptsy had only been around less than 3 months (~10 weeks), with you handling support tickets that's outside a moderator's territory... AND, you provided such services for free, by all accounts, all the while serving in a war zone in Afghanistan at the time in your free time, again, by your own accounts. Still, crazily amazing, if you ask me.

Thanks for affirming I am amazing. When Cryptsy started there was no support no admin page nothing... The support was the chat box, and we relayed the info to Paul. He eventually got a ticket system I enjoyed helping so I did. Again I did it because it was fun just like trolling on this forum is fun for you unless again your being paid which I doubt.

You can make up facts or accept them those are the facts. I highlighted in ginormous troll font for you in the quote so you could see what I was referencing.
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:18:19 PM

I guess thrillhou filed the suit.
should be interesting
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/12/02/class-action-lawsuit-against-bitcoin-exchange-cryptsy/
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: