Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:21:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006432 times)
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:54:52 AM

I get that by being here Im the one who is gonna face brunt of insults even though I had nothing to do with it.

See if you can convince Mullick to post a message... I'd love to hear what he has to say about this situation...

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:55:45 AM

Why would either of those roles have access to Cryptsy's financials?

I did investigations on customer accounts, never needing access to our own. Does someone who is an investigations officer at somewhere like HSBC have access to the banks personal financials? obviously not, because there is no need to.

If you work somewhere and can't tell things are off, you're either willfully ignoring facts in front of your face, or you're just an idiot. I don't know you so I won't take a guess as to which.

I only knew things were off the last couple of months since these issues started. I had no idea what it was so I gave my employer benefit of the doubt. They said it would be fixed and I believed them. I had no idea if it was technical or financial. At the end of the day, I still had to do my job and it wasn't anything to do with this shit, believe me. I threatened to resign not long ago if I didn't hear something. I tried my best to hold on as long as I could hoping something good would come of it but it didn't. Anyways, I guess it is a bunch of shoulda-woulda-coulda's. I'll do my best to try to help in coin theft investigation, but at this point that's all I can do.

So.. You just lied - You won't actually quit over being fucked over like this? You're going to actually HELP find the coins? FFS, what a phony all you "cryminals" are. LOL.

Why would I not help look for the coins, I feel it is really the only thing to do at this point. How would me not helping find the coins help the community at all? I'd be a bigger asshole if I just turned my back.

Please detail exactly how you're going to perform such task since you'll no longer having a database at your disposal.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:59:46 AM

I did investigations on customer accounts, never needing access to our own. Does someone who is an investigations officer at somewhere like HSBC have access to the banks personal financials? obviously not, because there is no need to.

If you work somewhere and can't tell things are off, you're either willfully ignoring facts in front of your face, or you're just an idiot. I don't know you so I won't take a guess as to which.

I only knew things were off the last couple of months since these issues started. I had no idea what it was so I gave my employer benefit of the doubt. They said it would be fixed and I believed them. I had no idea if it was technical or financial. At the end of the day, I still had to do my job and it wasn't anything to do with this shit, believe me. I threatened to resign not long ago if I didn't hear something. I tried my best to hold on as long as I could hoping something good would come of it but it didn't. Anyways, I guess it is a bunch of shoulda-woulda-coulda's. I'll do my best to try to help in coin theft investigation, but at this point that's all I can do.

So.. You just lied - You won't actually quit over being fucked over like this? You're going to actually HELP find the coins? FFS, what a phony all you "cryminals" are. LOL.

Why would I not help look for the coins, I feel it is really the only thing to do at this point. How would me not helping find the coins help the community at all? I'd be a bigger asshole if I just turned my back.

Please detail exactly how you're going to perform such task since you'll no longer having a database at your disposal.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:01:30 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 02:23:48 AM by GoldSeal

Well fuck.... I don't even know what to say...

I found out about the blog post when a customer called me and told me it was up. I found that irritating to say the least....

Again, I never worked with any wallets, had access to any wallets or any code. I ran investigations and customer end security ( like 2fa and getting back into hacked accounts)

This is a really shitty situation. I understand people are upset and have every right to be. I admit, I drank the koolaid and when people told me things were alright, I believed them whole heartedly.  I don't know code or hardware at all, so when I was told it was a technical issue, I had faith.

Now I just look like an asshole for believing it, and for that I do apologize. Since I heard about this, Ive been sifting through dozens of emails from people with "tips" and it is exhausting to say the least. Although I am no longer paid by Cryptsy, I feel an obligation to try me best to help locate coins, whoever may have them.

In the mean time I don't mind trying to answer any questions I can and I know trolls are gonna troll hard at the moment. I'd be trolling too so I can't blame them.

I've always tried to help people since starting at Cryptsy and I find it a real shame it's come to an end like this.

If you want to help, see if you can get a list of all their wallet addresses and current balances. Nobody has any idea what's actually left in Cryptsy. This info is needed to assess the overall damage. Call whoever you know there and get the info if you can.

Also, do not make any statements and if interviewed by law enforcement, which I'm sure every Cryptsy employee will be, do not say anything.

Advice for Big Vern: If law enforcement wants to interview you, you go right ahead and talk to them. You don't even need to bother with getting a lawyer. You are so screwed, you may as well try to defend yourself in court. At least then, they will think you're crazy and take it easy on you.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
LukeRocksALot

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:07:12 AM

Can anybody confirm their Cryptsy BTC balance? I cannot at this present time, gives me a zero balance. :/
Libertymind

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:09:03 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 02:19:17 AM by Libertymind

I knew something was wrong, but didn't know what. I gave my employer the benefit of the doubt and believed them and apparently it was the wrong decision. Hindsight is always 20/20 man. Even if I wanted to, there was no way for me to access our own financials to look.

You've told us several times you didn't have access to the financials. However you knew something was off and you had access to the countless customer complaints. Was that not enough of a red flag for you? You know what did it for me? A big LTC deposit was "lost" for weeks. You know how I got it back? A BBB complaint. That told me everything I needed to know and I'm just an end user. This isn't about hindsight. It's about making bad decisions when faced with information you've had the entire time.
The tier system was a red flag for me. It should have bet a huge banner for the world. I want to know why this glaring disregard for basic customer rights was ignored. Coinbase wanted me to prove my business ownership, before i could use their services to sell BTC, but they had no problem allowing me to WD to Circle, where i sold my btc without issue.
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:09:15 AM

Can anybody confirm their Cryptsy BTC balance? I cannot at this present time, gives me a zero balance. :/

Hello?

Wake up buddy - it's gone.  Over.  Goodbye.

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:10:30 AM

i had 3.46 BTC on cryptsy a few hours ago in a standing order for DOGE, that order got cancelled, and now my balance is at 0.00 BTC

Can anybody else confirm?

all buy and sell orders appear cancelled for all alts, and the btc used for buy orders hasn't been returned to accounts. also all alt sells haven't been returned to accounts. all pending withdrawals are cancelled and returned to accounts.
I tried another withdrawal on an alt I had there, nogo

It is a clusterfuck that they keep making worse.

luckily I had only a little there, had made sure got 99% out over past few months although was very time consuming and costly to do so.
I knew they were fucked 6 months ago from all the spanners they were throwing in works, changing passwords, blocking accounts, making you upgrade, locking wallets etc 'maintenance'
thats how long it took, months.
have about 2 btc worth of alts couldn't get out, so still a reasonable deal to me.
I tried warning people too in threads here for months, but their shills and 'mods' were here

I personally believe every single one of them is culpable in their own way at cryptsy and no doubt have had all this time to get their stories straight and delete evidence, wipe servers etc

also all trades have been deleted!
withdrawal records still there though

btw, has anyone in states actually gone to police? rather than a civil class action

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 02:13:02 AM

Horus, when was the last time you spoke with Paul? Do you have any means of contacting him? Do we even know it was actually Paul E Vernon posting on that blog?
LukeRocksALot

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:13:48 AM

Hello?

Im saying i had 3.46 BTC on cryptsy yesterday, and now my balance says zip, nada, nothing..If a class action lawsuit happened, i would need my account to show that i had that much lost.
Horus_Cryptsy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:14:32 AM

Horus, when was the last time you spoke with Paul? Do you have any means of contacting him? Do we even know it was actually Paul E Vernon posting on that blog?

Paul is actually only with access to that blog ( that I know of )
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:15:47 AM

A lot of people trusted you. Including me. Up to the very end when you came back in support of Cryptsy stronger than ever. That trust gave people comfort to stay. And even deposit more. This is much worse than you try to downplay it to be. You gave Crptysy more credibility than anyone else I could think of, because of the respect and authority you commanded.

"Ouch! Horus, I believed you when you told me it was just a flesh wound. Can you at least investigation how it happened so that it doesn't happen again causing me to lose the other eye?"
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:16:32 AM

Hello?

Im saying i had 3.46 BTC on cryptsy yesterday, and now my balance says zip, nada, nothing..If a class action lawsuit happened, i would need my account to show that i had that much lost.

That's why I took screen captures to have some evidence, just in case.

It unlikely to matter though.

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:16:45 AM

Big Vern wouldn't tell anyone what happened until the class action lawsuit was filed.  Then he knew the game was over.

Horus held on to the scam until Big Vern admitted it was over.

So how well did you know Vern, Horus?  

I've met him twice in real life, but I live in a different country so that isn't too uncommon.  I never really reported directly to bigvern, it was always my bosses like CFO and COO who did.

you often said you'd talk directly to the wallet guys. vern aside the rest of the team can give you an indication of shit not working and why. 3 months is a long time for a company to resolve technical issues benefit of the doubt doesnt last that long.

i can assume your line managers knew shit was wrong. its impossible nobody else insider knowledge or not didnt have a feeling things were up. you either had to believe now that the entire cryptsy staff were dense your managers and all or 1 person vern really did have the secret fix button.

Honest question here horus but if your fiat bank stopped operating for 3 months and your atm requests for $200 only popped out $5 two weeks later but your bank said thanks for your patience.... what would your honest guess be 3 months later? cmon man......
WhaleOrNot

Activity: 136

I'm Embarrassed to be here

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:16:55 AM

i had 3.46 BTC on cryptsy a few hours ago in a standing order for DOGE, that order got cancelled, and now my balance is at 0.00 BTC

all buy and sell orders appear cancelled for all alts, and the btc used for buy orders hasn't been returned to accounts. also all alt sells haven't been returned to accounts. all pending withdrawals are cancelled and returned to accounts.
I tried another withdrawal on an alt I had there, nogo

It is a clusterfuck that they keep making worse.

luckily I had only a little there, had made sure got 99% out over past few months although was very time consuming and costly to do so.
I knew they were fucked 6 months ago from all the spanners they were throwing in works, changing passwords, blocking accounts, making you upgrade, locking wallets etc 'maintenance'
thats how long it took, months.
have about 2 btc worth of alts couldn't get out, so still a reasonable deal to me.
I tried warning people too in threads here for months, but their shills and 'mods' were here

I personally believe every single one of them is culpable in their own way at cryptsy and no doubt have had all this time to get their stories straight and delete evidence, wipe servers etc

also all trades have been deleted!
withdrawal records still there though

btw, has anyone in states actually gone to police? rather than a civil class action

Yep I had 5K Open orders all 'canceled' and not in my ballance. My dust of BTC is still there, and what I dident have on the sell side is still there.
sellbuy

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:17:00 AM

Hello?

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

They have updated it, read!
LegendaryMembership

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:22:46 AM

any chance the CEO of cryptsy will arest to the jail ?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:23:48 AM

Big Vern wouldn't tell anyone what happened until the class action lawsuit was filed.  Then he knew the game was over.

Horus held on to the scam until Big Vern admitted it was over.

So how well did you know Vern, Horus?  

I've met him twice in real life, but I live in a different country so that isn't too uncommon.  I never really reported directly to bigvern, it was always my bosses like CFO and COO who did.

So, when the CFO and COO left a month or two ago, you reported to nobody. That's interesting!
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:25:52 AM

Hello?

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

They have updated it, read!

Well it is what I suspected all along.  13000 btc HOLY GUACAMOLE, this "hacker" ("havent we heard this before eh", totally not inside job...).  thats a lot of bongos.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:25:59 AM

Yes, I confirm that you have 0.00 BTC. Thanks for playing. On a brighter note, C sharp sharp.
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: