Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:36:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006553 times)
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:18:30 AM

*Troll Post*

Sorry if you lost money playing Craptsy, but signs of the downfall started months ago...

Craptsy accepted an XPY Prime Controller and added pump-n-dump scamcoin(s) on the same day (007coin)
"Someone" dumped 150,000 Craptsy points for BTC
Craptsy, strapped for cash, adds 'sponsored coins' and 'pay-to-ban' for chat
2-3 months ago, Vern went on vacation to China(?) and has not been back(?)
Complaints about stuck withdrawals started 2+ months ago
Complaints got so bad that Craptsy removed chat trollbox (when not logged in?)
CoinMarketCap delisted Craptsy a month ago
Craptsy office in Florida was visited and they have moved out...

Prolly several things I missed, but all the warning signs of MtGox 2.0 were there... I even called them GOXtsy back in November
Horus:
This is a really shitty situation. I understand people are upset and have every right to be. I admit, I drank the koolaid and when people told me things were alright, I believed them whole heartedly.

If you start to go down on a girl and something smells bad, you don't keep going because she says "No, don't worry. Everything's, alright." You get up and leave.

You basically slept with an admitted prostitute without a condom on this one.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:36:59 AM

FWIW, Horus was the only person at Craptsy I trusted at all...

I spoke with him several times, and he strikes me as an honest man trying to do his job

If anyone dropped the ball, maybe Mullick... he always struck me as a shady character... he was in charge of wallets and almost certainly knew about the theft 18 months ago...

Which is why i don't believe Horus !

The two were glued to the hip and before and after the big announcement i have brought up Mullick
and all Horus ever did was HIDE !

There was obviously and clearly problems with the site for a long time.
Mullick was the wallet guy..
And from watching these guys for years i know those two were best of friends online.
When his best buddy and coworker in charge of wallets VANISHES you think what now ?

I asked Horus ALL THE TIME FOR MONTHS and he ignored me 100% !
and only days ago.. did he make some half ass vague comment on Cryptsy chat about it.

Let's recap shall we..
Horus says.. "as far as i know Mullick still works there"
AFTER MONTHS of the guy disappearing + massive withdrawal issues.
AND.. he was best of friends with the guy and ALWAYS on chat together.
and in contact through a myriad of ways from PM's to video chat to phone calls i assume.

Never mind the fact that i would be worried seeing withdrawal problems and the WALLET GUY
disappear with no comment for MONTHS !
I take it when the head of Investigations notices the Head of wallets on an exchange vanished for 2 or 3 months
he simply writes it off as business as usual.. even thought 80 coins are down and Horus has to make excuses 24/7 for Mullick's JOB.. and there was clearly severe problems with withdrawals all along.

So the INVESTIGATOR didn't put 2 and 2 together long ago ?
Or wonder why his co-worker and best buddy vanished ?

Horus knows why.
Horus knows damn well what happened to Mullick but avoided answering for 4 months to play the denial game.

I watched these two bum buddies chat it up fro 3 years.
If Mullick vanished under the circumstances with Cryptsy in flames
how the fuck does Horus have the nerve to say on chat "ya i *think* he still works there" ?

Horus i don't buy your story.

FUD first & ask questions later™
GoldSeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:40:12 AM

#######################################################################################################
Lost your job? Wife leave you? House in foreclosure? Are you overrun with medical bills? Have you been fondled by Spoetnik?
#######################################################################################################

Maybe you thought storing BTC at Cryptsy was a ticket to the high life. Fast cars, loose women, a house on a golf course. Things could have really turned around for you if everything hadn't exploded, but unfortunately that is not what happened.

Well, I'm here to tell you that their is still some hope left for you folks. For the next 24 hours, I'm offering to pay you 0.068 BTC for every 1 BTC you have to sell that is currently rusting in cryptsy. You don't need to keep those worthless coins around as a reminder of past mistakes. Why not turn them into opportunity?!? I'll show you how to make 3.4% return on those coins today!

Put some cold hard cash in your hand and use it to buy lunch or make a fresh start out on the road to cryptocoin success.

BTW, I would like to point out that in December when I made this offer, I was unjustly attacked as a vulture because some people thought the offer was too low. So, I ask you if you think 6.8% is too low for something that is now worth 0?

Moving to Puerto Rico...
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:41:48 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 05:07:54 AM by volyova

Lost your job? Wife leave you? House in foreclosure? Are you overrun with medical bills? Have you been fondled by Spoetnik?

Maybe you thought storing BTC at Cryptsy was a ticket to the high life. Fast cars, loose women, a house on a golf course. Things could have really turned around for you if everything hadn't exploded, but unfortunately that is not what happened.

Well, I'm here to tell you that their is still some hope left for you folks. For the next 24 hours, I'm offering to pay you 0.068 BTC for every 1 BTC you have to sell that is currently rusting in cryptsy. You don't need to keep those worthless coins around as a reminder of past mistakes. Why not turn them into opportunity?!? I'll show you how to make 3.4% return on those coins today!

Put some cold hard cash in your hand and use it to buy lunch or make a fresh start out on the road to cryptocoin success.

BTW, I would like to point out that in December when I made this offer, I was unjustly attacked as a vulture because some people thought the offer was too low. So, I ask you if you think 6.8% is too low for something that is now worth 0?
Don't worry, petal. You're still a horrible fucking vulture. There there..
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 04:45:01 AM

re: [ANN][LK7] Lucky7Coin

Dont understand the transactions on blockchain.Its over a year ago stolen or what?
Maybe im just missing something?https://blockchain.info/tx/c7b46a79fd8887038bd3a8e884b04820038415a60e0b9d2c2f5bcff68a2687bf
And i was told by Mullick"The wallet guy" code is meticulously checked before coin accepted, but the backdoor was no secret.
This smells funny

I want to see proof of this "wallet guy" stuff.

spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:45:41 AM

I really am truly sorry for that. I believed my bosses, of course I'm going to try to support something I believed in. I really don't know what to say for that crap. Just know that if I knew something like this was the case I would have been gone a long time ago. Im too young and early into my career to want to be affected by shit like this, I would have been gone in a second had I known.

As far as it matters, just know this... If you didnt know before douchehammer vern broke the news, im sorry this must come as a huge shock to you.
The feds ARE going to go over every single thing with a fine tooth comb. Anyone who knew about the hack and
supported the company will be going to prison... There is no way around that. If there was an email ever sent telling the staff there was a hack, anyone who
stayed on was supporting the scam after the fact.

rascal777

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:49:50 AM

This guy over at reddit summed up my thoughts....

When I first imagined what Cryptsy's infrastructure looked like I imagined a complex array of firewalled individual nodes running a single coin daemon each. I was impressed at the amount of security that would have to go into attempting to keep something like that secure. It's hard enough for some companies to keep things secure when they don't run a hundred arbitrary binaries compiled by who knows who on a semi-anonymous website.
Wow did I give them too much credit.

Im guessing, but I cant believe that they had crapcoins running on the same server as the Big Bitcoin wallet.  I can't believe that they had a single wallet with that much BTC stored in it either.

Someone should lay out how their systems are set up.

BTC TIPS  19n2ienyueN4RiC38KFSZMQMgrNLgu9Uuc
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:51:24 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Ponzi schemes sometimes commence operations as legitimate investment vehicles, such as hedge funds. For example, a hedge fund can degenerate into a Ponzi scheme if it unexpectedly loses money (or simply fails to legitimately earn the returns promised and/or thought to be expected) and if the promoters, instead of admitting their failure to meet expectations, fabricate false returns and (if necessary) produce fraudulent audit reports.

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 04:51:48 AM

Big Vern wouldn't tell anyone what happened until the class action lawsuit was filed.  Then he knew the game was over.

Horus held on to the scam until Big Vern admitted it was over.

So how well did you know Vern, Horus?  

I've met him twice in real life, but I live in a different country so that isn't too uncommon.  I never really reported directly to bigvern, it was always my bosses like CFO and COO who did.

So, when the CFO and COO left a month or two ago, you reported to nobody. That's interesting!

When COO left he had a replacement already lined up. CFO and COO were examples, I also answered to head of CS as part of my job was answering support tickets and helping customers regain access of their hacked accounts.

Your dumbass also forgot about the day you f'd up and said something along the lines of.. "I made Maplecoin".. Then you backtracked saying that you thought of the name/theme.

GoldSeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:57:37 AM

Don't worry, petal. You're still a horrible fucking vulture. There there..

It's easy being me...

Moving to Puerto Rico...
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:57:57 AM

(Public records)

Paul Edward Vernon

Has lived in

Killeen, TX
Boynton Beach, FL
Albuquerque, NM
Richland Center, WI
Killeen, TX
Phoenix, AZ

Has worked at

Project Investors Inc
Tlo Llc
I4
Intelliflix Inc

Has studied at

Glendale Community College
Arizona State University
Central Texas College

Related to

Lorie Nettles
Yvonne Vernon
Brian Vernon
Karen Vernon
Kimberly Vernon

Melech

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:59:08 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115384/cryptsy-we-have-never-been-investigated-for-anything

Cryptsy: ‘We Have Never Been Investigated for Anything’

Can't say that anymore!

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
                     ██▌
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:09:15 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715270.0

Can I guess what? Can I guess what? Can I guess what?

Okay, Bruno, you can guess what.

Goody! I guess that in about 10 hours, ten million dollars worth of cryptocurrency is goin' be stolen from Cryptsy via an inside job. How close and am I?

WHATEVER! You're so dramatic! Anybody else wanna guess what? Anybody? Bruno, to show you how far off-base your crazy quasi-prediction is, here's the final post found in the same thread your image above was gleaned from approximately five hours after your pseudo-theft supposedly takes place:

Cryptsy is the only legit, completely legal entity and fair crypto exchange.

I'm a little confused, why do you have so much hate against them? Cryptsy has always been a wonderful place for me, and the team goes through a lot to make sure its secure and safe and a fair place to trade.. What made you so butt hurt to go against them and create such crazy stories?

I stand corrected and schooled! HAHAHA
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:12:30 AM

Which is worse, the greedy person, or the person who exploits the greedy person?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:19:47 AM

Which is worse, the greedy person, or the person who exploits the greedy person?

Give me a sec while I parse that through my verter.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 05:23:51 AM

Goody! I guess that in about 10 hours, ten million dollars worth of cryptocurrency is goin' be stolen from Cryptsy via an inside job. How close and am I?

WHATEVER! You're so dramatic! Anybody else wanna guess what? Anybody? Bruno, to show you how far off-base your crazy quasi-prediction is, here's the final post found in the same thread your image above was gleaned from approximately five hours after your pseudo-theft supposedly takes place:

Cryptsy is the only legit, completely legal entity and fair crypto exchange.

I'm a little confused, why do you have so much hate against them? Cryptsy has always been a wonderful place for me, and the team goes through a lot to make sure its secure and safe and a fair place to trade.. What made you so butt hurt to go against them and create such crazy stories?

Once again, you're buying his bull's shit.

3 months later, its all water under the bridge... and some assholes wallowing in their fake drama queen production.

re: Spoetick Coin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=833442.0

Crustyngton shillin it HARD !
You should try experimenting with POS only with fees going to the holders, also it would be best for it to be fully premined over a short period and distributed mostly with trusted escrow, less with exchanges. If you premine the entire thing that also means you can use sha256 for it so you end up with a much slimmer blockchain and you don't have the tens of thousands of inputs that multipools create so you can effectively decrease the size of the blockchain by some 50-60% so with a 2 minute blocktime you might have a 200mb Blockchain after a year.

Multiple loadable wallet.dats so that you can section off your coins in separate wallets so you aren't spending your oldest coins or even have seperate accounts.

Anon that generates masking addresses when sending to other people.

Coin control

Option to send using minimal coinstake

Adjustable Stake thresholds so you can set which the point at which your blocks will split or combine.

Bitmessage for escrow and smart contracts

Built in block explorer

Statistics (generally all the stuff you see in getinfo)

Stake for Charity

Built in trade api to trusted exchanges

Who ? Who ? said the owl..
I like the idea

Melech

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:24:03 AM

Talk about Johnny on the spot... predicting Crapsty being shady on the same day they misplace $10mil...

You sir won the internet!

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
                     ██▌
5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:30:29 AM

Never give up hope . i will i get my coins back someday

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:38:37 AM

i have been fed bs and called a conspiracy nut for a year from a certain guy here so i have long learned to tune it out.

dealing with people playing dumb is tiring.

you can fool some of the people some of the time..

I'd give you a 50% on the spot for some of your conspiracies.

I predict that in ~15 hours, ten million dollars worth of cryptocurrencies is goin' be stolen from Cryptsy. I'll settle for 31.4% because I'm nice dramatic guy.
Livecoinscam

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:38:56 AM

Hmm dash/btc soaring on new exchange.... Next scam?https://www.reddit.com/domain/livecoin.net/ Russian?  Then UK?
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: