Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:22:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006433 times)
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 05:50:16 PM

much more on pastebin if you search a little.. DOH
it goes wayback  Wink all the proof needed to convict many ppl.

Find anything good from me?

I did a bit of raging in the trollbox as I was leaving Craptsy... Grin

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 05:57:12 PM

Gleb you a quite the pwner. Wink

CRYPTSY WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Line 111 and 143 are quite revealing..  DEC 2ND, 2015 is long before any announcement

http://pastebin.com/tFeXaXtM
Damnnnn. They knew . . . freaky shit now. WTF.

And who is thunderjet and how did he know about line 79?

For me problems with Cryptsy started in October - from then I could not withdraw BTC any more - right after introducing AML tier system.

At first I thought I cant withdraw BTC because Cryptsy fucked up AML system,as many times before.But after a month I was thinking that something definetely is wrong ,but did not know what.One Russian girl and me started to look at historic logs of Cryptsy wallets at Wallet explorer and find out these transactions from 29.July,2014.As they were direct from wallet and dormant for so long we thought these could be cold wallets and put these informations in chat. At the same time through monitoring Cryptsy hot wallet at Wallet explorer I saw they are almost empty and that they are paying people only from new deposits.I put that in chat too and got week silent ban from Jshock.

I was thinking why they could not move BTCs from these wallets and put info in chat that they maybe lost passwords of encrypted wallets during AML update or hardware crash.From one of admins,cant rembember who, just said I have a vivid imagination.So,from the middle of November(or maybe little later) I put every day in chat informations how much BTC they sent to users and they use only BTC from new deposits and from some unknown reasons could not transfer BTCs from these big wallets to hot wallet.Also from December I saw that they are paying 5-6 BTC daily to all users and at the same time sent dozens of BTC from old hot wallet to unknown addresses at Bitfinex,Alphabay market,Local Bitcoins and BTCC and put that info in the chat too.Till December they regulary refilled new hot wallet from deposits in old hot wallet,but in December they stopped it and started sending a lot of BTCs from old hot wallet to addresses at these exchanges and markets I wrote above.

So you are right,they knew that we knew about these wallets from the November and they kept us in dark what is really going on until the bitter end.

garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 05:58:18 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 06:31:58 PM by garmin

much more on pastebin if you search a little.. DOH
it goes wayback  Wink all the proof needed to convict many ppl.

Find anything good from me?

I did a bit of raging in the trollbox as I was leaving Craptsy... Grin

I'm sending it all to the feds little by little the class action lawyers surely have researchers in this thread and many others
gathering it all up.. 13 million remember?

Here is a little unrelated taste from way back, i'm not gonna post all the juicy stuff here. Dig a little you can see it all...
Make a offline copy (Use the download button)  Cheesy

http://pastebin.com/2eTwgigw
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:42:35 PM

I came here to ask if anyone is able to log into their cryptsy account? Seems that 2fa is broken....

....then I see that death threat from peonminer. I understand the anger but that is going way too far.

Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:47:32 PM

What happens to the account holders personal information? Are they going to be sold to the next highest bidder for marketing purposes? They seem to be a company that is just wanting to milk as much as they can from this debacle. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but of course there would be legal repercussions if they did.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 06:51:43 PM

I came here to ask if anyone is able to log into their cryptsy account? Seems that 2fa is broken....

....then I see that death threat from peonminer. I understand the anger but that is going way too far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/navysealcopypasta
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:53:02 PM

HORUS, YOU'RE DEAD TO ME.

I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with lying about knowing nothing of the Cryptsy scandal over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” ignorance was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have spilled the beans long ago. But you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

When i was reading you, i thinked abou Rambo angry for losing all his tittiecoins and doge Smiley

Ps: karma and maybe law will do all the work, no need to nuke him
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=I%E2%80%99ll+have+you+know+I+graduated+top+of+my+class+in+the+Navy+Seals%2C+and+I%E2%80%99ve+been+involved+in+numerous+secret+raids+

For you, Horus: Horus' Ballad

LOL.

FOR THE RECORD.

It's not a death threat. It's a fucked up 'meme' post that went viral some years ago. It's posted thousands of times across the internet. Even in this thread pages back by other members.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta

About
Navy Seal Copypasta (also known as the “Marine Copypasta,” “Internet Tough Guy Copypasta” and “Gorrila Warfare Copypasta”) is a facetious message containing a series of ridiculous claims and grandiose threats that portray the poster as an Internet tough guy stereotype. In the original post, the writer claimed to be a former Navy Seal with a long history of combat experiences, using comical typos and hyperboles like “Gorrila Warfare,” “300 Confirmed Kills” and “I can kill you in over 700 ways with just my bare hands.” Since its emergence in mid-2012, the copypasta has spawned a variety of spin-off stories, similar to the John Copypasta meme.
Origin
The copypasta is believed to have originated on the military and weapons enthusiast image board Operator Chan sometime in 2010. The earliest archived posting was submitted on November 11th, 2010 to 4chan’s /jp/[4] (Otaku Culture) board, in which the poster claimed to have seen the message previously on Operator Chan.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:53:58 PM

The Event will always be remembered for the Vernon Gambit: A few bitcoins had to be sacrificed to save, then for Cryptsy to earn the win.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:55:58 PM

The Vernon Gambit Bandit. Me likey. ^__^

Straight from Big Vernon's memoir while in the big house: "Sookie Sookie Five Bitcoin Me Love You Long Time!"*

*Free Eggnog Enema™ With Every Order!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:08:20 PM

Hacker...
Jop, N.P.M aka mullick aka cryptsy-hacker.

One very obvious question for teeny tiny vern would be, why didn't Mullick get shitcanned for the hack?  He was the wallet guy and according to his own words the network and server security guy.  I am inclined to believe the narrative that there never was a hack.

One narrative goes like this: If the NSA feels that carrying breast milk aboard a plane is a danger to passengers and crew, imagine how SARs will feel when they learnt of a NEVER reported stolen over thirteen million dollars over a year and a half ago gets announced over their loudspeakers, especially if all the evidence points to the entity's chief who once passed secret documents to 3-, 4- and 5-Star Army Generals, perhaps now having sufficient funds in his coffer to attempt a coup d'état to take over the government of the US and/or Canada.
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:13:10 PM

LOL.

FOR THE RECORD.

It's not a death threat. It's a fucked up 'meme' post that went viral some years ago. It's posted thousands of times across the internet. Even in this thread pages back by other members.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta

About
Navy Seal Copypasta (also known as the “Marine Copypasta,” “Internet Tough Guy Copypasta” and “Gorrila Warfare Copypasta”) is a facetious message containing a series of ridiculous claims and grandiose threats that portray the poster as an Internet tough guy stereotype. In the original post, the writer claimed to be a former Navy Seal with a long history of combat experiences, using comical typos and hyperboles like “Gorrila Warfare,” “300 Confirmed Kills” and “I can kill you in over 700 ways with just my bare hands.” Since its emergence in mid-2012, the copypasta has spawned a variety of spin-off stories, similar to the John Copypasta meme.
Origin
The copypasta is believed to have originated on the military and weapons enthusiast image board Operator Chan sometime in 2010. The earliest archived posting was submitted on November 11th, 2010 to 4chan’s /jp/[4] (Otaku Culture) board, in which the poster claimed to have seen the message previously on Operator Chan.

Oh, was not aware! Embarrassed

Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:18:03 PM

What happens to the account holders personal information? Are they going to be sold to the next highest bidder for marketing purposes? They seem to be a company that is just wanting to milk as much as they can from this debacle. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but of course there would be legal repercussions if they did.

As evidenced by phishing, and failed login attempts... Their database has already been hacked/sold

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:20:32 PM

Line 111 and 143 are quite revealing..  DEC 2ND, 2015 is long before any announcement

thunderjet
@jk9694:they have 2 cold wallets - one main with 11325 BTC and one small with 500 BTC and they are intact

Say it ain't so, thunderjet  Cry, for alerting the hacker as to what Cryptsy's off-line COLD WALLETS were so to activate their Itty-Bitty-Bitty-Bot and sniff the packets from a computer that wasn't connected to the Internet according to Paul Vernon.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:26:58 PM

Good stuff...

thunderjet
@kslavik926:yes,first one has 11 addresses - 10x 1000BTC and 1 x1325BTC, second have 5 addresses 5x100 BTC
boki15859
@Jagrapolite: Horus can't help me as this silent decision was made by Jshock (Jim) and he refuses to talk. Horus told me directly that he can't act against his boss. I told [Horus] he should do it or leave this job as with that he contributes to the stealing, fraud,. ..... by closing it's eyes on it.

A few lines down from the above...

boki15859
@Doge2BTC131:Did you know that Nr. 2 resigned => BitJohn? Do you think he did it because these other guys told you truth?

The pastebin is dated Dec 2, 2015, the same day BitJohn opted to revisit this forum after a hiatus offering up the following: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.msg13131452#msg13131452

I wonder why Inspector Horus can't put the pieces together given that he earned a degree in this field and I ONLY used the Internet.  Roll Eyes
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:30:52 PM

Actually, that could've easily been learnt via simple blockchain forensics back then.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:43:21 PM

For me problems with Cryptsy started in October - from then I could not withdraw BTC any more - right after introducing AML tier system.

At first I thought I cant withdraw BTC because Cryptsy fucked up AML system,as many times before.But after a month I was thinking that something definetely is wrong ,but did not know what.One Russian girl and me started to look at historic logs of Cryptsy wallets at Wallet explorer and find out these transactions from 29.July,2014.As they were direct from wallet and dormant for so long we thought these could be cold wallets and put these informations in chat. At the same time through monitoring Cryptsy hot wallet at Wallet explorer I saw they are almost empty and that they are paying people only from new deposits.I put that in chat too and got week silent ban from Jshock.

I was thinking why they could not move BTCs from these wallets and put info in chat that they maybe lost passwords of encrypted wallets during AML update or hardware crash.From one of admins,cant rembember who, just said I have a vivid imagination.So,from the middle of November(or maybe little later) I put every day in chat informations how much BTC they sent to users and they use only BTC from new deposits and from some unknown reasons could not transfer BTCs from these big wallets to hot wallet.Also from December I saw that they are paying 5-6 BTC daily to all users and at the same time sent dozens of BTC from old hot wallet to unknown addresses at Bitfinex,Alphabay market,Local Bitcoins and BTCC and put that info in the chat too.Till December they regulary refilled new hot wallet from deposits in old hot wallet,but in December they stopped it and started sending a lot of BTCs from old hot wallet to addresses at these exchanges and markets I wrote above.

So you are right,they knew that we knew about these wallets from the November and they kept us in dark what is really going on until the bitter end.

You motherfuckin' cocksucker  Wink, I just figured out most of what you relaid above only within the past 48 hours sans an Olga partner. (Olga, because while in India in '91, I met, then hooked up with this beautiful Russian chick working at an embassy in Bombay (called then). Back in the states, we continued to communicate, she back in Yaroslavl due to USSR's collapse.)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:47:43 PM

HORUS, YOU'RE DEAD TO ME.

I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with lying about knowing nothing of the Cryptsy scandal over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” ignorance was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have spilled the beans long ago. But you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Schumer much? http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta  Kiss

I have first dibs in coining the term "Schumer Much?". ref: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/22/is-amy-schumer-really-a-joke-thief.html
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:52:33 PM

I guess you missed the post were I alluded to tickling Paul Vernon with a feather for days on end, or wasn't my approach not too far enough?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:17:05 PM

Relevant to the recent revelations?

Nov 16, 2015

http://pastebin.com/sY9nq6Y5 (copy/paste entirely since short)

Green Lion:

someone told me what the issue is.
has something to do with the cold wallets being spammed with .1 BTC depots for 5 BTC at a time so when a hot wallet needs filling they neeed to process all those tiny spam orders as well.
I am not sure who got the cold wallet address and  is able to spam but that is what I was told from a non cryptsy person was the issue.
The sad thing is I found out from someone who does not work at the site.
5mil: Well if they work it out they seem to be getting abunch of free btc the
5mil: I dont buy that explanation though

Green Lion:
that is what is comes down to
5mil:
because the inputs that they put there are still the same size
they could send those to the hot wallet
and just sort out the free money later
mullick is good at what he does Im sure he knows that
lol

Green Lion:
Intereting

5mil: who told you that? Jim?

Green Lion: Terrik

5mil: well hes likely full of shit
just so you know
Green Lion: ok
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:52:24 PM

Lots of tiny tx's would mean more kilobytes in the transactions which would mean you needed to attach higher fees to get a miner to pick it up.  Nothing at all would prevent you from doing it though.  Also what he actually says there, .1 BTC deposits are not even small, lots of .0001 deposits (or smaller) would cause the issue where you needed more fees.  What he says is only a total of 50 deposits at .1 each which is not a big deal at all.
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: