Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:52:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe we need more ways of advertising Bitcoin currency?  (Read 19545 times)
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:26:01 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 06:10:01 PM by codishmumu

After all, if you don't spread the knowledge of an existence, the existence is in turn unknown, labeling it useless.

What about spreading the word to the younger generation? Children are known to imitate knowledge, and spread it continuously. I am a firm believer in broadcasting and wide advertising. Right now, I'm trying to create handmade merchandise like hand knitted sweaters with the bitcoin symbol embroidered onto them, hand sculpted bitcoin symbol necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and even handmade dolls of a mascot I drew. I'm hoping these fun items will help spread awareness for the digital currency until it's the number one used currency. What do you think?

PS: My Handmade Christmas Bitcoin Merchandise is on sale now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1205770.msg12657635#msg12657635

Also, End the negative image of Bitcoin. And BitcoinTalk
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:05:57 PM

I'm also trying to start a YouTube channel for bitcointalk, but that's another story!
zzaza
Legendary

Activity: 926
Merit: 1000

Zoltan - PD Moderator

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:33:14 PM

There is no such thing as enough advertisement. Especially for bitcoin, which is still accepted by only a small group in the world. I hope it get more popular and there will be a day, when we can pay with it wherever we want.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6158

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:19:11 PM

That could be a good idea to start with , but as you said "children" , so make sure it's something beautiful and fun so they get it on the first place , I'd like to hear more about the Bitcointalk YouTube channel idea , What are you planning to add there ?

It's never enough to advertise bitcoin , because we are in a war with the other side (banks , media , governments ... ) Media for example try to convince people that only Terrorists and criminals use Bitcoin on the Dark-web which is not true  , same goes for for governments just couple of days ago .. Ukraine trying to convince their citizens to use use other payment methods that reserve the user protection and that kind of things ..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:20:34 PM

I tried advertising Bitcoin a few times through agar by coming on top, wondering if it actually had any effect though.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:23:46 PM

Good ideas sell themselves. I understand the bitcoin price is up a little today  Cheesy

Vires in numeris
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:51:10 PM

I do.. spread a word of bitcoin around my areas. i have plan to wear some stuff related to bitcoin.

Try to spread it to children is little bit hard, the children is must be interested in technology, i ever try to introduce bitcoin to my friend who don't have an interested with technology, in the end they interested with the price only. otherwise friend who interested with technology is think if this is the future of money.
kenbytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:00:34 PM

yes of course we need a lot of advertising ...i make whenever i have the chance Cool

coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:11:52 PM

Advertising (well, marketing) is basically lying and tricking people into buying something they don't really need. The best thing for Bitcoin is to have use-cases ... solving problems is better than advertising.

Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:27:32 PM

After all, if you don't spread the knowledge of an existence, the existence is in turn unknown, labeling it useless.

What about spreading the word to the younger generation? Children are known to imitate knowledge, and spread it continuously. I am a firm believer in broadcasting and wide advertising. Right now, I'm trying to create handmade merchandise like hand knitted sweaters with the bitcoin symbol embroidered onto them, hand sculpted bitcoin symbol necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and even handmade dolls of a mascot I drew. I'm hoping these fun items will help spread education for the digital currency until it's the number one used currency. What do you think?

I kinda like your idea Wink and i think it would be much better if somehow Childrens in schools and colleges are being tought about bitcoin network and technology,the advanceges and disadvantages of bitcoins,in short everything about bitcoin.This way it would be much easier to spread information about bitcoin to the new generation..Don't you think? Cheesy
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:51:19 PM

Advertising (well, marketing) is basically lying and tricking people into buying something they don't really need. The best thing for Bitcoin is to have use-cases ... solving problems is better than advertising.

This is little bit miss-understanding with what i'm thinking Cheesy but this is true. solving problems is better than just do a lying. but in fact we don't need to lying, just spread about bitcoin as it is.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:26:49 PM

I don't think that more advertising will be very effective in increasing adoption. The point is that Bitcoin advertises itself because of its unique properties as a decentralized, highly fungible, and non-inflationary currency. Too much advertising might easily raise suspicion that the advertiser wants to sell something that is in fact worthless. A product gets more desirable when supply is limited and it's not so easy to get, so to me it doesn't seem advisable to throw freebies around.

Personally I do very low key advertising for Bitcoin: For example describing it as another possibility to escape inflation - among others. I don't push people to it, but explain it to those who show interest.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:29:42 PM

The best advertisement still is word of mouth and showing others outside of Bitcoinland how simple and easy it can be used.
Just don't talk Bitcoin, demonstrate Bitcoin!
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:36:08 PM

The best way to get people into Bitcoins is by advertising and offering them a small incentive by creating a wallet, joining BCT or other ways of which you can think of. With this in mind, people would get attracted by the offer and therefore they will join and refer others as well. And who can resist free money?  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 07:40:05 PM

Advertising is needed. Many people would be interested in Bitcoin if they knew its possibilities. Telling friends and family could be the first step, teaching children how to get some (faucets etc) may be good too.

GetClams.com

Activity: 179
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:22:16 PM

Annual advertising budgets

VISA - approx $300m

AMEX - approx $2.2b

M/C - ?

Other - ?

So I would say the answer is yes.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:28:30 PM

The best way to get people into Bitcoins is by advertising and offering them a small incentive by creating a wallet, joining BCT or other ways of which you can think of. With this in mind, people would get attracted by the offer and therefore they will join and refer others as well. And who can resist free money?  Roll Eyes

Offering people a certain reward for installing or creating a wallet will attract people operating from behind their proxies with bots and such.

I think a good way to inform people about Bitcoin and its possibilities, is to visit schools and universities and explain them in detail what Bitcoin is capable of. One of two times per week at least an hour will surely be helpful.
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:33:07 PM

The answer is yes, it is needed more ways to advertise bitcoin as digital (crypto currency)
But the question is who? who will take this responsibility to advertise where there is no CEO or bitcoin company board.
To be bitcoin more spreadable and more used by the community the only way is when new bitcoin wallet company introduce their product through some promo.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:43:25 PM

there is only one real thing you can do to force adoption, increase the value dramatically and continuously, after that, average joe will be interested to invest and their friend too

this will start a chain that in no time will incorporate a very large users base, the same thing happened with the last ATH...
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:50:20 PM

Well everyone need more advertising, I mean everyone. The proof for this is Coca-Cola that still pays for advertising even though some would say that it has a brand name and a brand image that doesn't need commercials at all.

Now problem with advertising Bitcoin is its decentralized community. It's harder to get funding for advertising in decentralized than in centralized community. At least this is the way I see it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: