Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:30:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a good long term investment to buy 1 BTC today?  (Read 253322 times)
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:39:30 AM

How safe is it?

It is not safe to invest in bitcoin in long term. There is a possibility that it will have a major price deflation then you will get bankrupt. Bitcoin in longterm must also be monitored regularly to avoid losing. Without constant monitoring your hard earned bitcoins will be place in peril. So long term plus a daily monitoring on the price of bitcoin is necessary to secure the safety and income from your investment.

If buying 1 BTC is enough to bankrupt someone, they should probably use the fiat to pay for food, shelter and clothes. instead. A $650 loss should be able to be handled by anyone not living from hand to mouth, or already deeply in debt.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:44:03 AM

How safe is it?

It is not safe to invest in bitcoin in long term. There is a possibility that it will have a major price deflation then you will get bankrupt. Bitcoin in longterm must also be monitored regularly to avoid losing. Without constant monitoring your hard earned bitcoins will be place in peril. So long term plus a daily monitoring on the price of bitcoin is necessary to secure the safety and income from your investment.
If you are only investing a small amount, then there is not much to lose. Over the years, we have seen how the price has fluctuated. We have seen the price go as high as $1000 and plummet to a low as $200. But as the years go by, I think bitcoin would slowly stabilize, which actually makes it a good long term investment.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:05:36 AM

Investing 1 bitcoin for a long term is not good but if you invest 1 bitcoin in short term i think that pretty good to have profit. If you prefer to invest for a longtime you will need to invest 5 -10 bitcoin to give you more profit at the time you will set in your investments.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:57:14 AM

Investing 1 bitcoin for a long term is not good but if you invest 1 bitcoin in short term i think that pretty good to have profit. If you prefer to invest for a longtime you will need to invest 5 -10 bitcoin to give you more profit at the time you will set in your investments.
10 BTC is acceptable but not quite enough, I believe 100 BTC could give us a comfortable life in the future if our investment will survive and will give us profit.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Dobmaster

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:11:25 AM

10 BTC is acceptable but not quite enough, I believe 100 BTC could give us a comfortable life in the future if our investment will survive and will give us profit.

I will just buy one bitcoin to test the water. The price is too volatile. I will just hold the coins and wait for the price rise.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:20:50 AM

I will just buy one bitcoin to test the water. The price is too volatile. I will just hold the coins and wait for the price rise.
That's right don't put a lot of money in bitoin if you don't know how the market works and if you just want to test or take some risk then 1 bitcoin is enough for you to have a good long term investment because i'm sure that next year or 2 years after you will earn a good profit even you only have 1 bitcoin Grin.
tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:43:06 AM

That's right don't put a lot of money in bitoin if you don't know how the market works and if you just want to test or take some risk then 1 bitcoin is enough for you to have a good long term investment because i'm sure that next year or 2 years after you will earn a good profit even you only have 1 bitcoin Grin.

Why you want to invest your money in bitcoin if you have an opportunity to earn it, you can earn it in multiple ways and whatever you earn save it for future, and hard work definitely pays.
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 09:10:20 AM

Hmm...

Don't know where you're from. Maybe you're from somewhere poor. But 1 btc is really a loooooooooooooooow amount for Western countries.
I mean, having 1 btc won't change your life in any way!
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 09:23:37 AM

Hmm...

Don't know where you're from. Maybe you're from somewhere poor. But 1 btc is really a loooooooooooooooow amount for Western countries.

Yeah, 1 btc is not high amount that can give us higher profits, as we cannot expect that price will reach to the moon in future, you need to have some more coins to have good life in future.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:33:11 AM

Hmm...

In some countries 1 BTC is more then a month income, so yes getting 2/3 months salary is a big change for them, since the prices of consumption are very low.
For us western it's at most half of the rent.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:04:41 AM

Hmm...

Yeah, 1 btc is not high amount that can give us higher profits, as we cannot expect that price will reach to the moon in future, you need to have some more coins to have good life in future.

Yes exactly, 1 bitcoin is not enough if you are going to plan for a long term investment. But if you are planning to invest for a short term investment then 1 bitcoin is already enough.
But I think it is better to add up up to 10 bitcoins for long term investments.

Vires in Numeris
JessicaSe
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:07:00 AM

Hmm...

In some countries 1 BTC is more then a month income, so yes getting 2/3 months salary is a big change for them, since the prices of consumption are very low.

Yes and if the cost of living is low then 1 btc can also take best care of an individual but if he have and responsibility of a family then 1 btc won't be sufficient.
saiha

Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:43:48 AM

Hmm...

Yes and if the cost of living is low then 1 btc can also take best care of an individual but if he have and responsibility of a family then 1 btc won't be sufficient.

1 bitcoin is not really sufficient if you have a family and for a long term investment that is really not enough at all.
But if you are going to hold it that's better but not really going to give you good profit if only 1 bitcoin.

Vires in Numeris
terman45x

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:48:51 AM

Hmm...

1 bitcoin is not really sufficient if you have a family and for a long term investment that is really not enough at all.
But if you are going to hold it that's better but not really going to give you good profit if only 1 bitcoin.

Yes and I think 1 btc can be helpful if you need money in case of emergencies as you can sell it any time you want but expecting too good life from 1 btc is not possible.
tabas

Activity: 2996
Merit: 736

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:07:21 PM

Hmm...

Yes and I think 1 btc can be helpful if you need money in case of emergencies as you can sell it any time you want but expecting too good life from 1 btc is not possible.

But the title ask if 1 bitcoin is good for long term investment. It doesn't ask if 1 bitcoin is good in case of emergency.
For sure it is going to be good in case of emergency but for a long term investment I'm 50/50 on it.
Not sure if it is really good or not.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:20:01 PM

Hmm...

But the title ask if 1 bitcoin is good for long term investment. It doesn't ask if 1 bitcoin is good in case of emergency.
For sure it is going to be good in case of emergency but for a long term investment I'm 50/50 on it.
Not sure if it is really good or not.

It will depend on what price bitcoin holds in future, if the price in millions then even 1 btc is enough for luxury life, but that is unlikely to happen so its better as many as possible.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:28:30 PM

Hmm...

Yeah i'm from a poor country called philippines. 1 bitcoin is enough for us filipinos to have an average life in our country because in that amount (1 bitcoin) is too much for us because in that amount we can pay our monthly bills and have a good food in our dinner and also buy the other things that we want. Don't underestimate 1 bitcoin because in other people like us it's kind of good amount Cheesy.
tabas

Activity: 2996
Merit: 736

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:38:04 PM

Hmm...

Yeah i'm from a poor country called philippines. 1 bitcoin is enough for us filipinos to have an average life in our country because in that amount (1 bitcoin) is too much for us because in that amount we can pay our monthly bills and have a good food in our dinner and also buy the other things that we want. Don't underestimate 1 bitcoin because in other people like us it's kind of good amount Cheesy.

I'm from Philippines too and I would say that 1 bitcoin is already enough to have a good investment. But I think it is going to depend on the person who is going to manage that amount.
It can possibly grow and going to be in a long term investment but possibility of falling also is there.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:57:18 PM

1 BTC is nothing. i would suggest you to buy at least 10 BTC and that is gonna be good investment to you. I heard good predictions about bitcoin. And in nearly future there is an oportunety to you double that money or even more than just double.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:17:10 PM

Im from Philippines too but that is not the point. Yes 1btc is enough for us but if you take it for a long duration of investment that is not enough. The topic is about investment and that will exclude your concern. Yes you will make profit out of that 1btc but let's have a wise move here. Waiting for 1 year is really long so make your wait really worth it. $500 or $800 earnings a year is really a joke.
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: