Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2024, 03:48:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1473147 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:07:18 AM

Dude.

I will hold some long-term,

but relying on me and people like me to make highly sophisticated technical decisions at short notice is not the way forward.

you are the guru and you lead the way. So,

Lead Us

Heh, these were not technical questions, I just asked what features you'd like to see in Iota. Regarding leading, I'm just a hired coder in a company that created Iota.

OK

I guess I am the only guy here who actually thought that when you raised nearly $500,000 you had a product ready to go. I could easily quote material which would have led to this conclusion.
You raised the funds on the basis you had been working on this for a year
I am dumbfounded that at this stage you come to the community to ask these technical Q's
And yes they are technical

Less is more.

PS what company?

I guess you were not part of the Etherum sale.

FOR RENT.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:15:20 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 01:26:38 AM by child_harold

I wsa and screw you complete dick. There is no fucking comparison. They were clear .CfB was not.

@CfB: Do what you said you were going to do. Before I lose my goddamned mind just do it. Be a good chap. This is me being nice. Thanks

sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:29:12 AM

I am not qualified to weigh in on the technical side of this, but I will vote for a delay to optimize or enhance. Six months from now, no one will remember whether it was launched on time or with several days' or a week's delay.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:31:49 AM

Oh please, STFU already... babbling on and on. We already heard you. You don't like the wait, then get the heck out - sell your share(s). You're just making noise and no one here gives a crap about your position or how much of IOTA you want to convert to ETH.

---------------------

The obvious answer to the proposed delay is SECURITY over user convenience - do not release without the proper tests in place. All things considered, I rather the protocol be as polished as possible and as secure as possible - all else we can deal with on a "as it happens" basis.

Not interested in 1-2 month ROI, I'm interested on year 5-10 ROI and protocol stability/use.  

I wsa and screw you complete dick. There is no fucking comparison. They were clear .CfB was not.

@CfB: Do what you said you were going to do. Before I lose my goddamned mind just do it. Be a good chap. This is me being nice. Thanks
child_harold

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:35:34 AM

I am not qualified to weigh in on the technical side

My point exactly. Who among us is? Like maybe two guys. Ridiculous. This is utter nonsense.

Here:

ball park eta til you have something in the wild?

By Christmas.

Where did I go wrong?

Angry

charvesp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:57:17 AM

My point exactly. Who among us is? Like maybe two guys. Ridiculous. This is utter nonsense.

Here:

By Christmas.

Where did I go wrong?

Angry

I always thought eta was estimated time of arrival. I always thought the definition of ballpark was "a non specific general guess".

You and your sockpuppets aren't funny anymore. Come on seriously stop it guy(s). It was funny at first. This coin is not going to go live
when there are technical, optimization, and/or security related issues on the table just to satisfy a small stake holder.
child_harold

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 02:04:30 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 02:17:56 AM by child_harold

Here:

By Christmas.

Where did I go wrong?

Angry

I always thought eta was estimated time of arrival. I always thought the definition of ballpark was "a non specific general guess".

You and your sockpuppets aren't funny anymore. Come on seriously stop it guy(s). It was funny at first. This coin is not going to go live
when there are technical, optimization, and/or security related issues on the table just to satisfy a small stake holder.

Yes we all know what an ETA is.

I use an account Wanderlust when Im afk. Thats all

To reply: I have always thought the phrase "By Christmas" as meaning by Christmas.

And Christmas came up many times btw:

Any ETA for first release?

~Christmas

I believe I'm vindicated and that genesis be initiated.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 02:22:08 AM

Here:

By Christmas.

Where did I go wrong?

Angry

Yes we all know what an ETA is.

I use an account Wanderlust when Im afk. Thats all

To reply: I have always thought the phrase "By Christmas" as meaning by Christmas.

And Christmas came up many times btw:

Any ETA for first release?

~Christmas

I believe I'm vindicated and that genesis be initiated.

Bye. Sorry to see you go.
anewafresh

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 02:29:16 AM

otherwise Im out

yay! More IOTAs for the rest of us!

IOTA - iotatoken.com
runall

Activity: 175

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 02:37:24 AM

I am not qualified to weigh in on the technical side of this, but I will vote for a delay to optimize or enhance. Six months from now, no one will remember whether it was launched on time or with several days' or a week's delay.

Completely agree!
Big innovative projects will not be made all at once. In Ethereum it has, as it was written, and lasted more than 1 year, to the simple console was ready.

What was promised? So, now running the version. 0.3.0, later comes GUI, I have no problem with it. Incidentally, "golden rule" invest just so much what you can lose. And read please terms.
There are indeed massive amounts of fast pump'n'dump shit coins. Reputable projects therefore need time and energy.

Just Do it!

How long about the extra work it will take? Smiley

Several days, but they fit into beta testing period and won't delay the release. The question is about doing that last moment change or not.
If it's good for IOTA long term secure running,I did not see the reason why not do it.
 Smiley

+1
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 02:47:07 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 03:25:01 AM by cryptomite

Can you explain the potential problem.  What do you mean by worse consensus convergence, in this case?

If a balance is 100 IOTA and there are two payments - for 70 and 80, then which one to accept as legit? With input/output system ambiguity is impossible.

1. The delays are bad.

2. Isn't the bolded portion above the most important? Can you say, "its impossible" the other way? So far you haven't.

3. Where is Iotatoken during all of this.

You are already pulling off a miracle if this works. Many doubt it's possible.

Proceed with the original plan you have had a year to think about.

This new path seems dangerous because this is a highly evolved approach to say the least. Last minute changes that are not needed for success is reckless when you are attempting something so difficult.

You only need to show this works, and the rest is history.

ChildHerald may want to sell, but he is correct about changing this last minute.

Unless there is a danger of Iota being broken, such a change isn't worth it.

Let's not get greedy now.

@rlh
Go with your gut

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:47:22 AM

Can you explain the potential problem.  What do you mean by worse consensus convergence, in this case?

If a balance is 100 IOTA and there are two payments - for 70 and 80, then which one to accept as legit? With input/output system ambiguity is impossible.

1. The delays are bad.

2. Isn't the bolded portion above the most important? Can you say, "its impossible" the other way? So far you haven't.

This new path seems dangerous because this is a highly evolved approach to say the least. Last minute changes that are not needed for success is reckless when you are attempting something so difficult.

ChildHerald may want to sell, but he is correct about changing this last minute.

@rlh
Go with your gut

Here's a suggestion.

STOP WHINING.

A few more days doesn't matter. If you can't deal with it leave. Go. No one is going to miss complainers. Come back when this is a 10+ million dollar project in a few weeks/months. Or don't come back at all. But just stop all the whining.

CFB asked the community for its opinion. Most said yes, ok. A few said no. But the few that said no are being loud and posting long blocks of texts, and are acting like babies that think if they scream they get their way. Doesn't work like that. Sorry. So go have a drink, go for a run, get a massage, or whatever calms you down and relax.
charvesp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 04:44:56 AM

Everyone who said no, has zero knowledge technically what its about. Besides, all the no's are multi accounts of same guy.

Everything child_harold says makes you scratch your head and go huh? I won't be sad when he and his small stake (to him big stake) are sold.

Well to be fair all of us guys think our small stakes are bigger than they are.  Grin
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:06:42 AM

CfB do what you think is the best for IOTA,

like you always do Smiley

IOTA
mladen00
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:12:23 AM

Here:

By Christmas.

Where did I go wrong?

Angry

we have time till Christmas 25/12  or 7.1 Smiley

IOTA
mkmen

Activity: 157

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:26:24 AM

Remember the early days of NXT on Bitcointalk? So many technical, complex issues discussed by the community and hardly anyone talking about price. It's an amazing piece of work. I thought IOTA would be like that, but a lot of people here are too interested in a quick ROI for having done nothing but participate in the sale.

I do remember, this is because of the way the devs decided to communicate with us, using closed community chat (Ryver), nothing I'm interested in.

I'm ready to help, to run multiple nodes, but I want publicly accessible information to development status, open discussion and signed releases, when this happens I will gladly participate.

I'm fine with postponing the release if it means that the platform will be better, anyone who ever developed something will understand that.
As for the decision how the accounts should work - I'd say go with what's more secure.

cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:47:27 AM

1. The delays are bad.

@rlh
Go with your gut

Here's a suggestion.

STOP WHINING.

A few more days doesn't matter. If you can't deal with it leave. Go. No one is going to miss complainers. Come back when this is a 10+ million dollar project in a few weeks/months. Or don't come back at all. But just stop all the whining.

CFB asked the community for its opinion. Most said yes, ok. A few said no. But the few that said no are being loud and posting long blocks of texts, and are acting like babies that think if they scream they get their way. Doesn't work like that. Sorry. So go have a drink, go for a run, get a massage, or whatever calms you down and relax.

Maybe some people are whining. That happens when there are delays. Its to be expected.

However. Other than stating my opinion that the delays are bad, and they are, thats not what Im worried about.

You see, you quoted me, when you made your post.

Understand, other than the fact that I dislike the negatives like tons of whining, and looking unprofessional, that delays bring, I could really care less if it takes awhile longer.

The problem is that we are not talking about taking our time here anyway.

CFB asked a question and I answered.

Its a bad idea IMO.

Read my post again and you will see that I am against a last minute change, and most likely the change itself unless CFB can say ambiguity is an impossibility

Smh

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:42:22 AM

The results of voting seems:
~ 75% yes, take your time and go with balances
~ 20% go the most secure way - input/output
~ 5% no, release ASAP cause Christmas has passed
mladen00
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:48:45 AM

I edited my above post.
As far as Im concerned we do genesis now - that was the deal

we r already late and CfB has had enuff time - improvements come later

otherwise Im out

i'm ready to buy from you all IOTA's you have (1:1),
if you can prove you have it (signed message from deposit address),
and if CfB want to change address (yours 2 mine) in genesis block.

I'm ready to offer you 10%more than you have paid

IOTA
smartwart

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:50:10 AM

Hey, guys and gals. I'd like to get your feedback on the following:

In it's current implementation Iota's ledger is based on inputs and outputs like Bitcoin. There is another way - balances of accounts like in Nxt and Ethereum.

Now I see that if Iota used the latter it would be more efficient because:
1. No need to send the change back to myself which makes the tangle smaller
2. A lot of dust inputs could be spent with a single payment and this would be more secure because every address reuse leaks the private key
3. A new address wouldn't be needed for every incoming payment (this would make acceptance of Iota donations simple, in the current design it's PITA for humans)
4. Off-tangle payments would become simpler
5. RAM requirement for full nodes would be relaxed

The only problem that might arise in balance-based Iota is worse consensus convergence, but after analyzing the issue I don't see what could break.

I'm thinking if it's worth to do a little redesign that could take few days of extra work...

As stake holder I vote for waiting and implementing the best from beginning.
From my experience its mostly not a good idea to start quick and dirty and try to fix it after release.
And in distributed systems where each confirmed transaction matters, its even more critical not to break the past!

Anyone who need a working client now can try to play with alpha release.
We talk about days or maybe a week!?
IOTA, please don't satisfy the folks who want to see iota on the exchanges as soon as possible for quick profits.
Please develop with respect to sustainability.

NxT: 13574045486980287597
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: