Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:42:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:43:21 PM

Let start out with...

I am a big fan of Iota.

I wont be selling until we're in the 100s of millions, and even then, a small amount if that.

Today is the last day of the week. Unless beta is coming today, I would like to hear the new timetable.

IMO.

People know Iota has been delayed many times. Everytime you say there wasn't a delay, you lose credibility, and hurt Iota.

It's been "days" for weeks.

And if a bunch of you jump down my throat, and attack, it only hurts the community further.

These delays wouldn't be so bad, if they weren't handled in the way the have been handled.

Don't tell me there are no delays, when there CLEARLY have been.

Let's stay professional and keep everyone up to date on the state of affairs correctly. This would be my suggestion at this point.

Thanks for all your hard work. Don't take these valid concerns, and treat me like some troll please.

One more week of waiting doesn't change anything. Just be patient.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:09:52 PM

Let start out with...

I am a big fan of Iota.

I wont be selling until we're in the 100s of millions, and even then, a small amount if that.

Today is the last day of the week. Unless beta is coming today, I would like to hear the new timetable.

IMO.

People know Iota has been delayed many times. Everytime you say there wasn't a delay, you lose credibility, and hurt Iota.

And if a bunch of you jump down my throat, and attack, it only hurts the community further.

These delays wouldn't be so bad, if they weren't handled in the way the have been handled.

Let's stay professional and keep everyone up to date on the state of affairs correctly. This would be my suggestion at this point.

Thanks for all your hard work. Don't take these valid concerns, and treat me like some troll please.

I am patient. I just want to know when beta is coming.

Is it another week?
albert_mt

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:52:14 PM

@iotatoken, as you asked to not write i am not writing any more to altcoinuk thread. can i ask here when the GUI will be delivered? do you have an exact date for the GUI delivery? during the investment process your & cfb timelines for the fully functional GUI with chat function was Christmas. what is it now?
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:59:22 PM

@iotatoken, as you asked to not write i am not writing any more to altcoinuk thread. can i ask here when the GUI will be delivered? do you have an exact date for the GUI delivery? during the investment process your & cfb timelines for the fully functional GUI with chat function was Christmas. what is it now?

Yea let that miserable loser wallow in his own misery. His delusions and lies are a combination of hilarious, sad and plain disturbing. I hope the mods put him in place soon.

But here I see that his lies has once again managed to melt in with the truth. The GUI was never specifically promised, CfB made a very rough GUI, we even put screenshots up here in early December, which lead people to suggest we should make a full GUI instead, which we decided was a good idea. This is when the GUI got started, not before. Not a single thing altcoinUK say is true, he just take tidbits of information and mix it with lies to make it seem like it is rooted in reality.

No idea where 'chat' even came from, we have never mentioned chat in the GUI, ever. So once again just a plain lie from the loser.

The GUI we are developing now does indeed have a 'Send Message' function so that you can send messages with your transaction (encrypted or not, your choice)

www.danwarfel.com is our current UI dev, he gave me 'Wednesday' as deliverable, then had some family issues which postponed it a couple of days, which has turned into 3 days. To be sure I am very displeased with both the first team we hired and Dan (though I still have hopes that Dan will deliver and come with an apology that is acceptable, because he has potential to be a great community member). Again this is just real life, not something anyone can control. The only way to control for these variables is to hire 5 teams to do the same task, which is of course lunacy as it would cost tens of thousands of dollars for a feature that isn't even core technology of IOTA.

People really need to stop letting trolls getting to their heads.

albert_mt

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:09:12 PM

Yea let that miserable loser wallow in his own misery. His delusions and lies are a combination of hilarious, sad and plain disturbing. I hope the mods put him in place soon.

But here I see that his lies has once again managed to melt in with the truth. The GUI was never specifically promised, CfB made a very rough GUI, we even put screenshots up here in early December, which lead people to suggest we should make a full GUI instead, which we decided was a good idea. This is when the GUI got started, not before. Not a single thing altcoinUK say is true, he just take tidbits of information and mix it with lies to make it seem like it is rooted in reality.

No idea where 'chat' even came from, we have never mentioned chat in the GUI, ever. So once again just a plain lie from the loser.

The GUI we are developing now does indeed have a 'Send Message' function so that you can send messages with your transaction (encrypted or not, your choice)

www.danwarfel.com is our current UI dev, he gave me 'Wednesday' as deliverable, then had some family issues which postponed it a couple of days, which has turned into 3 days. To be sure I am very displeased with both the first team we hired and Dan (though I still have hopes that Dan will deliver and come with an apology that is acceptable, because he has potential to be a great community member). Again this is just real life, not something anyone can control. The only way to control for these variables is to hire 5 teams to do the same task, which is of course lunacy as it would cost tens of thousands of dollars for a feature that isn't even core technology of IOTA.

thank you very much for your reply. this means we should have the GUI soon. i don't care about the 10-15x ROI what altcoinuk talks about. I don't want to sell my IOTA coins. i care about the iot business an how we will deliver it if a GUI could be a problem. are you planning to outsource the IoT system development too or will CfB write the IoT software?

Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:14:30 PM

His top client are Motorola , Sap and of couse..IOTA  Grin Grin

I think this info must be comunicate in the OP.

Thanks for the update!
iotatoken

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:21:13 PM

thank you very much for your reply. this means we should have the GUI soon. i don't care about the 10-15x ROI what altcoinuk talks about. I don't want to sell my IOTA coins. i care about the iot business an how we will deliver it if a GUI could be a problem. are you planning to outsource the IoT system development too or will CfB write the IoT software?

AltcoinUK isn't talking about anything. He's a pathological liar. He was a investor in GadgetNet ( crypto project aimed at IoT ) and started hating on IOTA from day 1 when we announced it. When every concern he had got debunked and he even drove his own investment (Gadget) away from the forum due to his insanity, he started making up blatant lies and mixing it with random tidbits of info about us so it seemed somewhat plausible.
So don't even validate his insanity by responding, it's just a waste of time for everyone involved.

The IoT software is the core of IOTA, it has been done as we promised since christmas and testing and optimization has been continuous day by day since then. This is all wide open in Ryver and been mentioned numerous times in the forum, yet a handful of trolls manage to waste so much valuable time and energy simply by injecting lies and fear into people.

VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:47:02 PM

I've been discreetly following IOTA here and elsewhere since the beginning (and I am a modest early investor) and for one I'd like to back CfB and David in their statements. Everything has been consistent so far, and I've seen already several times in different projects how the seemingly peripheral GUI development becomes a hurdle for releases. This happens, guys. A delay like this for GUI reasons is not uncommon, at all. Crypto cutting edge has a considerable amount of brilliant people in the back end, and lacks reliable devs in the front end.

Be patient, this is an exciting project and it still has pretty good timing.
iotatoken

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:44:44 PM

Let start out with...

I am a big fan of Iota.

IMO.

Is it another week?

Listen, what you are a part of is a self-fulfilling prophecy. We are saying that there is no delay on IOTA, because there isn't. IOTA exist, you can try it out yourself, but IOTA is back-end IoT technology, not a glossy front-end GUI. The GUI has been delayed, yes, but this does not impact IOTA the technology you purchased. It's really important that people understand this. We're not going into early stage beta, we're going into a very tested and optimized beta, so no real time has been lost.

But if you guys keep going on and on and on about it, yes it will look like IOTA got issues to the uninformed, which is obviously not good, but more importantly: not true.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:09:39 PM

I see you discuss that altcoinUK guy. Interesting, he is a proven liar but yet some people listen to him. Actually I like it, he spends time which means that wounds made by me were real and what I did - just accused him of an attempt to conduct a scam on GadgetCoin. Hurting wounds mean that I was right and ruined his plans thus making the world a little bit better. I recall BlueMeanie who acted similarly to altcoinUK, that famous BlueMeanie who got a dedicated article on his scam and later went completely crazy trying to annoy Nxt community members. My favourite case is when BlueMeanie made a phone call to the parent of one guy and told them that their son is involved in cryptocoins. That was really hilarious. I hope altcoinUK will do something more entertaining. A bad thing when dealing with mentally ill is that you never know how they will react, I'm afraid that altcoinUK will commit a suicide once Iota is announced as released, don't go too hard on him, his death won't make me happy. I'm asking this because I feel that he is close to such step.
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:39:18 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 09:50:33 PM by Tobo

Is it another week?

If you have followed Ehtereum and Augur and other decent crypto projects, you would have found out that it is very common for GUI to be delayed and it is very difficult to predict an actual date because something will come out right after you make the prediction. That is why projects like Ethereum and Augur don't give out the date for GUI to come out. Instead the give out the progress of the GUI, like 50% finished, 70% finished. Augur had to scrap their entire first draft of the GUI and spent some big money to hire a new professional guy to do their GUI. It is just unrealistic to have a hard date for this kind thing. So I won't hold my breath for it.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6142

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:44:44 AM

I have no doubt that Iota is a well thought-out concept. But I would really like to know how Iota manages to address the scalability problem, but the whitepaper is a bit hard for a non-techie from Chapter 2 on. Is there already a newbie-friendly explanation of the "tangle" concept and how it is able to occupy less disk space than a traditional blockchain?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:06:32 AM

I have no doubt that Iota is a well thought-out concept. But I would really like to know how Iota manages to address the scalability problem, but the whitepaper is a bit hard for a non-techie from Chapter 2 on. Is there already a newbie-friendly explanation of the "tangle" concept and how it is able to occupy less disk space than a traditional blockchain?

Iota does snapshotting periodically to save space.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:45:52 AM

i buy 100.000 iota for 0.30 btc

let me know
no more
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:52:05 PM

What will happened with people who bought in ipo and have not  redeem before genesis was created ? If gui is not done by mid of march they cant send they wallet addresses , does it mean they will loose they iotas?
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:16:34 PM

What will happened with people who bought in ipo and have not  redeem before genesis was created ? If gui is not done by mid of march they cant send they wallet addresses , does it mean they will loose they iotas?

GUI is not required to claim the iotas. Contact me if you haven't claimed your iotas yet.
VultureFund

Activity: 366

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:12:55 PM

i buy 100.000 iota for 0.30 btc

let me know
no more
I want to buy 100 000 iota for 0.3 btc too. Where I can do that ?

I want to buy some BTC for 10$/BTC too. Where can I do that?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:37:03 PM

Here is a generic IOTA introductory letter to IoT companies and a link to most of the IoT related companies in the world - http://www.iot-directory.com/. Feel free to use the letter. If you like to help you can randomly pick some companies from the IoT directory and send them emails to introduce IOTA.

My appreciation goes to drays, CfB, Dominik, and many other community members for their proof reading the letter and offering their valuable advices on the letter. 

To be clear, this letter is not an investment advice and promises nothing.

Hi,

I would like to introduce a new invention for the IoT space to you. It is a new distributed ledger technology and it is called IOTA. IOTA is a decentralized, distributed, lightweight, machine to machine micropayment and transaction system for IoT devices and systems.

IOTA provides a free marketplace for real time and zero fee transactions of IoT resources such as data, computation power, storage capacity, bandwidth, and anything which is useful.

IOTA serves as the infrastructure of the IoT economy. It uses a new cutting edge blockless public distributed ledger (Tangle) as the consensus mechanism. IOTA is also designed to be scalable, resilient, secure, and even resist the quantum computer attacks.

IOTA facilitates the communication among the IoT devices. With IOTA, IoT companies are able to reach out to more clients and bigger marketplace and market shares for their resources and services in an efficient way than they could have ever done before. IOTA will bring business opportunities for IoT companies which they’ve never seen before.

If you are interested in IOTA and want to know more about it and how IOTA can help and work with your business and products, you can contact with David Sonstebo in IOTA at contact@iotatoken.com (http://www.iotatoken.com/). I am an investor and IOTA community member. I also will be happy to assist you if you have any questions.

Regards,
Your name
iotatoken

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:43:20 PM

The Official IOTA Forum is open

http://forum.iotatoken.com

We we will leave BTT behind as our way of communicating with the IOTA members as soon as beta goes live, the threads will remain here and we might post from time to time about important updates, but we won't participate actively in them anymore as it is simply too time consuming and counter-productive.

I have not yet sent out an official forum invite to all Ryver and Newsletter members (over 600 at this point), I will do that when beta goes live, but I invite every person here to join the forum and start productive discussions!

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6142

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:52:35 PM

Iota does snapshotting periodically to save space.

Thanks CfB! "Snapshotting", if I understand it the right way, would mean that the transactions are converted in a record of account balances, or is there another system possible with the Tangle? If yes: Would there be "archival nodes" that save all transactions until they want, as a backup, or is the system safe enough without such additional security measures?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: