Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:45:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:36:25 PM

Jinn-mania!

I'm afraid people think that Jinn will be transferred for trading to Waves (and use this asset to quit Nxt). They are wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:47:05 PM

donated 10%
Jabbawa

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:16:50 PM

this would all be no deal for me if you guys say "ok, donations still possible after launch" would make this all so much easier for all of us, wouldn't it?

I have already adressed this on numerous occassions, but I will do it once more:

We do not believe (based on half a decade in this space) that post-launch people will donate significant amounts due to what we got planned. Once IOTA reach a certain status in both media and value greed kicks in. It's human nature. I have seen it several times, I've seen it kill projects and I've seen the exact same behaviour in this very thread numerous times. Therefore we need this to be decided on pre-launch.

This is clearly not true and 5 years of working in crypto does not qualify your opinions on psychology or human behaviour. 20 years of professional experience in the gambling industry tell me something very different. The fact that greed is hard wired in us and that some people would indeed donate less or nothing as price skyrocketed does not mean that's true of all or even most of us. It also doesn't address the fact that greedy people want to make money, not lose it. Do you really think the foundation would sit at 4.7% and remain unfunded with price dropping when holders knew they could fix that by just each shipping a couple more % to the donation address?

I won't be donating until after the final GUI is out and I feel 100% happy that it is safe and final etc because I won't use my seed until then. However, I WILL donate more than 5% regardless of when this happens. I will also donate more if I see it is close but still not quite there.

You won't need to wait long after the final GUI, most of us will do it the moment we do claim, but there are many of us who won't claim and won't donate until after you have made good on your sale of the software - by providing a final GUI so we can access and move the tokens we bought in the ICO. You WILL then find some of us are willing to donate twice or even three times, and more like 10-15%, to get us over the hump; despite your very negative and pessimistic forecasts of ubiquitous, selfish stupidity among the ICO investors.

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:46:19 PM

donated 10%

Nice! Thank you! Smiley

Other members and whales, follow this example and let's build an strong foundation!
coldmoldy

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:07:35 AM

I think because of free-loaders and inactive members/people that may not know about the foundation, the people who will be donating should donate at least 10%.

I will be donating 15%. I encourage others to do the same.
Warren.Buffet

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:53:08 AM

How about this for a plan - an extra 5% is held in an account on top of any donations. If someone wants to get back their share of the extra 5% fund they can ask for it back by posting in this thread. An opt out mechanism means it wouldn't be a premine, and it's still a 'donation', and this system would have a better chance of raising the funds needed for the foundation. It's ethically not very pretty, but CfB and David's recent decisions show they don't seem to be too worried about that anyway, and it would probably work. An opt out system means everyone not following the thread pays the 5%, and the embarrassment of asking for refunds will prevent many from doing that, so more will get raised than with an opt in donation system. I think the goal is to be 100% sure the 5% target is reached, otherwise even the good guys who donate risk having their whole investment in IOTA become worthless.

If someone is interested in my 1% offer let me know. I want to get out of IOTA either way under the current management.

Very good suggestion.
moonfrog

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:54:22 AM

Need help, after starting IRI (latest version) throws error: this address already in use. What should I do?

Post the screenshot, please.

Thanks, problem is gone.
Earlier I deleted "IRI.apiPort = 999" string in Configuration.iri, when I returned this string then everything is ok.

empty
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:49:34 AM

@ALL, please start to donate to the IOTA Foundation

Done! Donated.
Richard1972x

Activity: 224

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:19:20 AM

Some news:

It was a bad decision to adopt address reuse, the scalability got a big negative impact and now I'm reverting this feature. Iota is designed for machines which can live without the address reuse, it's still possible to create a protocol on top of Iota messaging to support aliases for transfers though.

To add to this update:

We'll release a bare-bones UI without all the fancy animations and beautified icons, which will be extremely easy to use and nice, but not the final version, so that everyone can send/receive and experiment with IOTA in last stage of beta that we're entering now. This means everyone should prepare to begin testing, the more testing = the faster release.

Re: reverting decision on reusable addresses, just shows that we need to focus on the machine-2-machine nature of IOTA, not human use, which is why I am so negative towards all those begging for GUI instead of spending time on what matters: IOTA's IoT nature.

On the topic of Foundation: I see a lot of people want to pledge the proceeds from the 'Big deal' sales to the foundation. This is a great thing and I am very proud that we got such a forward thinking community that understand the importance of having continuous growth and active people ensuring future expansion of IOTA. If most of the pledged 'Big deal' proceeds go to the foundation I'll set the new limit on the Foundation to 30 million IOTA, instead of 50 million.

Other than that: There'll be big news will come soon about new partnerships, new website, professional video made and C# client in addition to our JAVA one.

David, can you please comment at your post in bold. At the moment the pledge proceeds of the "Big Deal" seems to be missing in your 5% calculation.
Thanks for your feedback.

Richi

Any chance to get an answer here?
I'm willing to donate as well but it would be great to get an answer here. Thanks 😃

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:45:53 AM

@ALL, please start to donate to the IOTA Foundation, especially the top 50 coin holders, if the Foundation is not built up, your owned coins will be shit, you can't earn any money but lost all of your investment!!!

Why they "will be shit"?
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:35:21 AM

@ALL, please start to donate to the IOTA Foundation, especially the top 50 coin holders, if the Foundation is not built up, your owned coins will be shit, you can't earn any money but lost all of your investment!!!

Why they "will be shit"?

Why play so many games with your suppoters cfb? Trolling your own investors is wrong, or are you trolling iotatoken now by contradicting him?
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:45:36 AM

Why they "will be shit"?

Why play so many games with your suppoters cfb? Trolling your own investors is wrong, or are you trolling iotatoken now by contradicting him?

When have I ever said anything remotely like this? And we got no investors, next person to use that false term will get banned from this thread, enough of this pathetic lying.

What we have said is extremely simple:

1) Software that people purchased is soon done
2) People can do whatever they want with their software
3) We can do whatever we want with the software
4) If the current IOTA community choose a different direction than us, that is entirely up to them and we will do the same

How anyone can misinterpret this is extraordinary

iotatoken

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:47:10 AM

Some news:

It was a bad decision to adopt address reuse, the scalability got a big negative impact and now I'm reverting this feature. Iota is designed for machines which can live without the address reuse, it's still possible to create a protocol on top of Iota messaging to support aliases for transfers though.

To add to this update:

We'll release a bare-bones UI without all the fancy animations and beautified icons, which will be extremely easy to use and nice, but not the final version, so that everyone can send/receive and experiment with IOTA in last stage of beta that we're entering now. This means everyone should prepare to begin testing, the more testing = the faster release.

Re: reverting decision on reusable addresses, just shows that we need to focus on the machine-2-machine nature of IOTA, not human use, which is why I am so negative towards all those begging for GUI instead of spending time on what matters: IOTA's IoT nature.

On the topic of Foundation: I see a lot of people want to pledge the proceeds from the 'Big deal' sales to the foundation. This is a great thing and I am very proud that we got such a forward thinking community that understand the importance of having continuous growth and active people ensuring future expansion of IOTA. If most of the pledged 'Big deal' proceeds go to the foundation I'll set the new limit on the Foundation to 30 million IOTA, instead of 50 million.

Other than that: There'll be big news will come soon about new partnerships, new website, professional video made and C# client in addition to our JAVA one.

David, can you please comment at your post in bold. At the moment the pledge proceeds of the "Big Deal" seems to be missing in your 5% calculation.
Thanks for your feedback.

Richi

Any chance to get an answer here?
I'm willing to donate as well but it would be great to get an answer here. Thanks 😃

Yes. We aim for 5% of total iotas, if most people forward the big deals profits we can go a bit lower, but it's not something people should focus on. The sum is for adoption of IOTA as IoT standard, the more - the better. 5% is not some magic guaranteed success limit, so trying to get it 'lower' is really not productive at all if you believe in our vision and execution. Plus we won't be able to sell 'big deals' at full rate due to obvious reasons, so 5% is the number you should focus on.

Ludom

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:53:54 AM

Yes, it's really important that little fishes make their donation. BUT

We never speak about the big big whales : https://www.tangle.ninja/iota/crowdsale

Because we can donate 10 or 15% of our stake but if the whales give nothing we'll never reach the goal.

David and Domch, I respect your work but I feel uncomfortable when you "speak" about the community in general. "The community has to make his decision". The community members are mostly fair and make their donation but the members don't have the same weight in the decision to fund the foundation.

I'm really confident that the foundation will be fund in future but my fear is "how it'll be fund". I don't like the suspicion atmosphere here. A crowdfunding campaign should be a good moment for the community, with suspense and hope. Not something anxious and we don't have to feel like hostages (and dependent of the good will of unknown big whales).

Yes, iota is for robots but the community members are not robot. Our reactions are humans, sorry. And from my side, I have a very bad feeling how this funding works. I really hope the ambiance will change in the near future.

My 2 iotas

PS : don't worry I already did my own donation to the foundation yesterday.
iotatoken

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:08:07 AM

Yes, it's really important that little fishes make their donation. BUT

We never speak about the big big whales : https://www.tangle.ninja/iota/crowdsale

Because we can donate 10 or 15% of our stake but if the whales give nothing we'll never reach the goal.

David and Domch, I respect your work but I feel uncomfortable when you "speak" about the community in general. "The community has to make his decision". The community members are mostly fair and make their donation but the members don't have the same weight in the decision to fund the foundation.

I'm really confident that the foundation will be fund in future but my fear is "how it'll be fund". I don't like the suspicion atmosphere here. A crowdfunding campaign should be a good moment for the community, with suspense and hope. Not something anxious and we don't have to feel like hostages (and dependent of the good will of unknown big whales).

Yes, iota is for robots but the community members are not robot. Our reactions are humans, sorry. And from my side, I have a very bad feeling how this funding works. I really hope the ambiance will change in the near future.

My 2 iotas

PS : don't worry I already did my own donation to the foundation yesterday.

ALL the 'drama' comes from trolls and people who literally view me and CfB as their slaves who somehow OWE them something more than the software they purchased because they only purchased the software for speculative purposes. It's insane. I've worked my ass off as a volunteer of the community, not just the leader and initiator of IOTA who SOLD SOFTWARE, but as an activist of IOTA, as a consequence of this I have made people hundreds of thousands of dollars and people still complain and talk about 'threatening', 'blackmailing' and 'hostage' because we refuse to be treated like shit. It's pure insanity.

I have laid out our terms, now it's up to the community to decide whether they want us to continue spearheading the adoption and continue the vision that initiated IOTA, but never ever think for a moment that we OWE you anything other than the software we sold.

So if you or anyone else that use these ridiculous words like 'hostage' want this to be a feel good event, stop acting like entitled people. We have never threatened anyone, we have never blackmailed anyone, we have never kept anyone hostage. We have worked our asses off *FOR FREE* as community members and OFFER the community further work, of course we won't sit here and be treated like slaves. Stop this nonsense before we force it to a stop.

hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:16:13 AM

man don't get into the same argument all over, people are used to the word investor, my god,thats why they use it,  there is more important issues at hand, like how could bigiotabig for example donate before the launch? you said it wil be possible but how.

Do you want the foundation to be funded? is it still your ideal scenario? how about working together at reaching that goal than.

that funding progress page is a good start.

now clarity about timeframes would be helpfull too, i know thats coming soon. and a solution for those willing to donate without a genesis account or those that will only claim after launch cause it feels more secure to them. If you want to give them the possibility to donate set the daedline after official launch, perhaps shortly. i don't know whats to loose from that. the launch will happen anyway as i understand. the foundations funding defines the path afterwords, right.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:07:05 AM

Too many people jump to conclusions without understanding the situation. I wouldn't call them "supporters".
Ludom

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:28:42 AM

man don't get into the same argument all over, people are used to the word investor, my god,thats why they use it,  there is more important issues at hand, like how could bigiotabig for example donate before the launch? you said it wil be possible but how.

Do you want the foundation to be funded? is it still your ideal scenario? how about working together at reaching that goal than.

that funding progress page is a good start.

now clarity about timeframes would be helpfull too, i know thats coming soon. and a solution for those willing to donate without a genesis account or those that will only claim after launch cause it feels more secure to them. If you want to give them the possibility to donate set the daedline after official launch, perhaps shortly. i don't know whats to loose from that. the launch will happen anyway as i understand. the foundations funding defines the path afterwords, right.

+1

ALL the 'drama' comes from trolls and people who literally view me and CfB as their slaves who somehow OWE them something more than the software they purchased because they only purchased the software for speculative purposes. It's insane. I've worked my ass off as a volunteer of the community, not just the leader and initiator of IOTA who SOLD SOFTWARE, but as an activist of IOTA, as a consequence of this I have made people hundreds of thousands of dollars and people still complain and talk about 'threatening', 'blackmailing' and 'hostage' because we refuse to be treated like shit. It's pure insanity.

David, you are a smart guy. You know that "Don't feed the trolls". The drama comes not only from the troll but from your answers that feed the trolls too.
Your feeling is "that is not my fault at all." but the reality is that your constant answers/insults to the troll participate to the bad ambiance.

Yes, I don't agree with the "poor little david" theory and, if you think I'm a troll, I'm ok if you don't answer to me.

Now let's speak about the FEELING of hostage. First of all, I never say that we are hostages, I only say that we have the feeling to be.

It's not because the real situation is not true that the feeling is not true. That's the basis of community management.
We have to fight against the feeling, it's important and you don't fight in the good way. Your aggressive communication don't help, really.

Yes, you work hard and for free. For sure that you are competent to manage Jinn and to speak with IoT ventures, but your management of this crowdfunding is really bad. Sorry, you are not a good community manager.

I proposed my help weeks ago for this crowdfunding and community management. I launched the google sheet with yassin to count the donations. But I never feel some interest on my "work" (it wasn't really big). I have the feeling that you want to control every thing.

I don't propose anymore my help because for sure we'll fight on every little things and you don't trust me (you think that I'm a troll).

But stop talking about your community management and let's focus on the crowdfunding.

The basis of a good crowdfunding campaign :

1) The donators/investors should feel in security.
What we can do better :
- The actual donation system is not secure from the donator side. Donation on a test net is not a good idea.
- We don't have any idea of who and how the founds will be managed. Why you don't want to use escrows.
- We need to see transparency on the donations. What about a tangle explorer to see who and how many accounts give

2) The funding should adapt himself to the investors and gives them the tools to give what they want.
What we can do better :
- You only accept Iota... why you don't accept other payment ? It's donations, there is no risk on your side. And if you really want Iota, it's not complicated to buy Iota with the BTC you receive, no?
- Some people want to give (bigIotabig for exemple) but actually they can't because their can't receive their iota stakes from the sellers.

3) The donators/investors should feel integrated in the process.
What we can do better :
- You can propose "insiders" informations. Normaly Iota propose messaging. Why you don't propose special informations with Iota messaging about your work to the people who gave a consistent part of their stake (5% for example)
- You can propose to the community to help and delegate some tasks.
- Donation shouldn't be an obligation but a pleasure (ok it's not really an obligation and we are not hostage. But from the other side, you can't say CfB and me are only "simple member of the community" or what we can do every body can do it. You are not simple "Ioters", you are more than that for ever. You have to integrate that in your communication). You give some "impossible" date for the end of the funding : "we need to fund before the launch !!!" Why couldn't you wait 1 or 2 weeks after the launch to see how the funding will continue?
You are sure that the founding can't work after the launch... you're possibly right but you take no risk to try. You can always send back the donations and give up the foundation if the founding don't work. I don't see reason why we have to make every thing in the precipitation...

I don't say we need to do all my propositions, I only give ideas how to make a better campaign.

Now, if you feel I'm a troll, please don't answer to me. And if you don't want any input from me, CfB can contact me by PM and ask that I'm not welcome on this thread. I'm not childish and I'll not speak anymore on this thread.

Have a good day
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:43:18 AM

Everyone should calm down.

Probably all of us want success of IOTA.

IOTA
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:56:38 AM

Yep. Don't behave like children in here.

I wasn't participant in the ICO, I just bought tokens from Worldcoiner. Not much, but if there will be a guaranteed safe way to transfer them, then I donate the 5% to the foundation happily. For now I'm just not sure if transactions are safe enough and I don't wanna risk it. (I lost LTC a few years ago, won't happen again)

To David: Don't feed the trolls. Just don't do it. You can only lose on this level of conversation.

To all others: This is a risk-capital. This is new tech and no one can expect+claim gains. Just lean back and do what the dev's want you to. It's their vision.

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: