Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:05:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123367 times)
mObLOBScHAr

Activity: 136
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:11:57 AM

Thanks for the update my friend! So going by your stats it might be best to have MOIN split into 100 coin blocks. However for someone with a large amount of coins that could be a pain but 500 coin blocks might be a good way to go. I currently have mine in 1k and 2k blocks so I might split around 10 into 500 coin blocks and see how I go. Thanks for all the info as this will also help newbies coming into MOIN.
no, it should not and I believe it does not matter in the long run.
you will get the equal amount no matter how many coins you hold on one address.
for the small amount ones like the 100moin address, receiving one stake means much more in the short term.
that's why after one month the 100moin got twice the percentage compared to the bigger address (see my post from February 13, 2018).
but that does not mean, that this will be this way in the long term. as you can see I my following posts after that, the percentual interest from the smallest address went more and more to the same as the others (from twice as much to 42% more and now to 28% more).
it's still a gap, but after some time it will be the same. you don't have to split your amount into small chunks, it does not matter, and time will show this more clearly.

the main reason why we did this test was to check whether 1k or 500moin or 100moin was the minimum required amount for successfully receive stakes
and I think this test has shown that it does not matter and you can receive stakes with as little as 100 moin or most likely also less than that.

the information we get about how much you receive with 24/7 staking is another thing and also, this can change as the network weight can change. but right now it looks like you get about 50% interest per year if you stake 24/7.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 11:22:18 PM

Thanks for the update my friend! So going by your stats it might be best to have MOIN split into 100 coin blocks. However for someone with a large amount of coins that could be a pain but 500 coin blocks might be a good way to go. I currently have mine in 1k and 2k blocks so I might split around 10 into 500 coin blocks and see how I go. Thanks for all the info as this will also help newbies coming into MOIN.
no, it should not and I believe it does not matter in the long run.
you will get the equal amount no matter how many coins you hold on one address.
for the small amount ones like the 100moin address, receiving one stake means much more in the short term.
that's why after one month the 100moin got twice the percentage compared to the bigger address (see my post from February 13, 2018).
but that does not mean, that this will be this way in the long term. as you can see I my following posts after that, the percentual interest from the smallest address went more and more to the same as the others (from twice as much to 42% more and now to 28% more).
it's still a gap, but after some time it will be the same. you don't have to split your amount into small chunks, it does not matter, and time will show this more clearly.

the main reason why we did this test was to check whether 1k or 500moin or 100moin was the minimum required amount for successfully receive stakes
and I think this test has shown that it does not matter and you can receive stakes with as little as 100 moin or most likely also less than that.

the information we get about how much you receive with 24/7 staking is another thing and also, this can change as the network weight can change. but right now it looks like you get about 50% interest per year if you stake 24/7.

Okay now I understand how it all works. Thanks for sharing and like I said in my previous post this will help new people coming into MOIN and want to learn more about staking the coin. Yeah we actually end up with a lot more MOIN thanks to the compounding effect, I haven't touched my MOIN and just let it stake for now since I got in over a year ago.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
5o5kY

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 12:24:39 PM

Can anyone explain to me what Cryptopia is "maintaining" since 5th of march? I am trying to withdraw my moin but...

Toqqn.com ● Crypto Mining Is Now Social
▬▬ ● ● Blockchain Based, Powered by People ● ● ▬▬ (https://toqqn.com)
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:10:00 PM

Can anyone explain to me what Cryptopia is "maintaining" since 5th of march? I am trying to withdraw my moin but...

I don't think anyone outside of Cryptopia's staff knows. Maybe if someone's had a response to a support ticket they could let us know. We haven't been contacted by anyone from Cryptopia, but we're here and available if it's a problem we can help with.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
yewq888

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:14:35 PM

A project with a solid foundation will achieve greater results in the future if it can be implemented properly.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:56:33 PM

I don't think anyone outside of Cryptopia's staff knows. Maybe if someone's had a response to a support ticket they could let us know. We haven't been contacted by anyone from Cryptopia, but we're here and available if it's a problem we can help with.

I have a support ticket in regarding it.  I said in the ticket that I was the community manager and to let me know if they needed assistance for some reason.  No response yet. 
5o5kY

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 07:37:49 PM

Thank you! It's kinda frustrating... I remember this happening with my Numeraire tokens in bittrex...Wanted to sell them close to the peak... guess what... a huge error everytime I tried... I've sent the support ticked, sent them a screenshot and they were talking about green horses instead of addressing the issue... Let's hope cryptopia is better in this department..

vella85

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:52:49 PM

I have also sent in a ticket about this a while ago when I noticed that the MOIN wallet was in maintenance when I knew that the wallet was working perfectly like it has always done. But like Jookly I'm still waiting and it could take up to 60 days before we get a reply. I just hope they ain't doing what some other exchanges do and that is stake people's coins. Because I see no reason why the MOIN wallet should be in maintenance?

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
adam24409

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:57:57 PM

I want to know if the feature is working or not yet Huh Thanks!
vella85

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 10:57:17 PM

I want to know if the feature is working or not yet Huh Thanks!

Not sure which feature you are talking about my friend? If you are meaning the platform? then we still have a while longer to wait as it looks like the dev will be doing a swap in the coming months and once complete that is when I believe the dev will start working on the platform. The future looks very good here and still I see not many people even talking about MOIN but once the swap is complete and we start seeing some developments, that will all change.

5o5kY

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 02:32:39 AM

regarding the swap, you're talking about the old one right?

What I want to ask is, my moin coins which I bought from cryptopia will be ok after the swap is finished, right? No hard forks, or need to change the wallet or anything like that.

Still no news from cryptopia right?

later edit: I really need to expand my vocabulary in english, right?

KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 01:37:47 PM

What I want to ask is, my moin coins which I bought from cryptopia will be ok after the swap is finished, right? No hard forks, or need to change the wallet or anything like that.

Hey 5o5kY, we'll be changing to an entirely different codebase, but we'll give everyone plenty of warning beforehand and plenty of time to swap. Twelve months is what I've been thinking. Even if, unlikely as it is, circumstances led to people's coins being locked on an exchange for longer than 12 months, we'd simply extend the swap. And your English is pretty good from where I'm standing.  Wink

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
5o5kY

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 02:40:27 PM

Hey 5o5kY, we'll be changing to an entirely different codebase, but we'll give everyone plenty of warning beforehand and plenty of time to swap. Twelve months is what I've been thinking. Even if, unlikely as it is, circumstances led to people's coins being locked on an exchange for longer than 12 months, we'd simply extend the swap. And your English is pretty good from where I'm standing.  Wink

Oh, ok... it's my first time attaching myself to such a new project, so I've never had to go through a coin swap. I hope it will be a tutorial too... I'm kinda panicking every time I hear "hard fork", "wallet update" and now, "coin swap". I permanently get this "what if I fuck something up and loose my coins" thing...

Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:03:09 PM

Hi KingCaper, good to see you here. It's been a while. Hope you are doing well

Can you give us a little update how the coin swap. If I'm not mistaken the swap has been mentioned almost 6 months ago. Has there been any progress on the swap and is there a an ETA when the swap will happen. Not looking for the exact date but more in terms Q2/Q3 or something like that. I'm sure everyone here is also wondering the same thing and it would be good for investors to hear about what has been done since the swap has been done announced. Last few fortnightly updates from Jookly have been brief and I think maybe some summary of the work done could bring in more people as I have a feeling that everyone is still waiting for some news in order to get involved
vella85

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 11:19:58 PM

Hi KingCaper, good to see you here. It's been a while. Hope you are doing well

Can you give us a little update how the coin swap. If I'm not mistaken the swap has been mentioned almost 6 months ago. Has there been any progress on the swap and is there a an ETA when the swap will happen. Not looking for the exact date but more in terms Q2/Q3 or something like that. I'm sure everyone here is also wondering the same thing and it would be good for investors to hear about what has been done since the swap has been done announced. Last few fortnightly updates from Jookly have been brief and I think maybe some summary of the work done could bring in more people as I have a feeling that everyone is still waiting for some news in order to get involved

Yes I'm wondering about what has been done or is going to be done when it comes to this coin swap. I'm hoping that most of the specs stay the same like PoS and max coin supply remain the same. As they seem to work perfectly and inflation is under control with what we have currently. You are right about people wanting to get involved with MOIN but they first want to see something from the dev team, I actually have several people on Twitter who are interested in the MOIN project but are now waiting to see what happens after this coin swap and what MOIN will become. 

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:44:05 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #24

Hello out there MOIN friends, I hope everyone is doing well, I am happy to bring you another fortnightly update.

Discovermoin.com site translated into Russian

Awesome MOIN community member treefrog translated our webpage into Russian.  You can check out the Russian version @ https://discovermoin.com/index_ru.html.  I think the Russian characters look really nice with the style of the website.  Feel free to stop by the discord or riot chats to thank treefrog for his work!

Moin Movement League

I am very happy to announce that signup for the Moin Movement League are now open!  This is a throwback to our IRC days when we used to have weekly tasks people would complete and then the top contributors get rewarded in MOIN.  We came up with some basic tasks to get this period started you can check them out @ http://www.moinmovement.org/movement-league.html . Then head over to the sign up page: http://www.moinmovement.org/sign-up.html and signup.  The first period is going to be two weeks long.  If we get some people participating then we can make a leaderboard and other stuff like that for the webpage too.  A lot of the tasks that are up currently relate directly towards making the MML better so bring those ideas and lets spread the word about MOIN!

Finally, always remember to come and say hi!  Come be a part of MOIN! www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html  

- Jookly
5o5kY

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 03:00:24 AM

I am pretty much 0 when it comes to promotions, or social media as a matter of fact. I only use tweeter for news.

But, if you think about making a promotional video at some point and you need background music, or you need some vocal processing, I am here to help you. Grin

5o5kY

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 08:07:58 PM

The withdraws on cryptopia were enabled, but when I tried to withdraw, I got the message that my moin adress is not valid? It's the same address on which I've withdrawn the last 2 times. Anyone knows anything about this?

vella85

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 11:15:17 PM

The withdraws on cryptopia were enabled, but when I tried to withdraw, I got the message that my moin adress is not valid? It's the same address on which I've withdrawn the last 2 times. Anyone knows anything about this?

Its great to see withdrawals have been enabled but this message coming up with not valid address is a little concerning. Have you tried creating another address in your wallet to see if that will work? I have been reading a lot about Cryptopia are staking coins which I hope is not true but we just never know as I don't know why they had the MOIN wallet in maintenance in the first place as it is working for everyone on here and always has over 50 connections. I hope I'm wrong but they could be staking MOIN? even though they have the wallet out of maintenance but now give this message about not valid address.

5o5kY

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 12:14:08 AM

Well this is not good...I've just created a new adress... same message...  Sad

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: