Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE}  (Read 109676 times)
capcher

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:19:53 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2016, 11:10:15 AM by capcher

What do the Log and Squad tabs do (besides reloading the page :p)? There doesn't seem to be anything different in the messages each tab displays.

I see you also pimped up the sectors' display picture. Nice, albeit a bit too colorful for my taste - actually no, the colors are fine, but them sparkles.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toecutter (OP)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 10:43:02 AM

What do the Log and Squad tabs do (besides reloading the page :p)? There doesn't seem to be anything different in the messages each tab displays.

They shouldn't be reloading the page at all, please try refreshing your cache, and if they still don't work, we're seeing some bug.

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
capcher

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:50:23 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 02:40:28 AM by capcher

They shouldn't be reloading the page at all, please try refreshing your cache, and if they still don't work, we're seeing some bug.

My bad, it's working fine now after a cache refresh.

Req: Reduce sector image sizes?

I found out that the sector images are a bit of an overkill in terms of file size - 400kB to 2.1MB. Considering that they are a bit less than 1/6 of viewport size when viewed in the map and barely visible when used as a background image (I just found out that there are background images), I think you could get away with smaller dimensions and smaller sizes.

Req: Show whether a sector has an outpost/THX/marketplace on the map

That is, once you've been there. Since we can already see the planets + owners in the sector on the map, I don't see why the information on outpost/THX/marketplace shouldn't be there as well.

Req: Alarm shouldn't sound when unable to sell

I turned on the sound notification for Alarm message and apparently it triggers even during player mistakes like

• hitting offer limit in the marketplace
  • trying to sell ores to an outpost
  • trying to craft something when you don't have enough raw material

Imo the alarm sound should only trigger when you're under attack (or some other imminent threat - I don't know of any other yet).

Bug: Marketplace offer limit differ from the one stated in the Profile

I'm not too sure how it's calculated, but I just added up the number of merchandise on sale and the number of merchandise on claim, and the sum came up to less than the "Marketplace offer limit" stated on the Profile.

Perhaps you're counting warehouse too? Perhaps the formula for the value in Profile is inaccurate?

Phenoca

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:56:39 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2016, 07:51:48 PM by Phenoca

Someday I will have a second colonist </3 https://i.imgur.com/NbmdWuv.jpg

Typo: https://i.imgur.com/nFggBhj.jpg
capcher

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:05:57 PM

Oh my god.

I've only recruited from Sol (in particular, planet Earth - population is like 1000) but I got 1 colonist with 500 satoshis it feels like I'm talking about buying slaves.

With a population of 1, I'm not sure if recruitment is possible, even with an astronomical number.

If it's indeed not possible, the system should really have some kind of safety mechanism to prevent people from spending such a huge sum for nothing.
Phenoca

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:20:38 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 05:35:01 AM by Phenoca

Then how do I increase the population above 1? None of the GPD planets would let me land and there was no information in this thread. I guess I'll try Sol next. So can colonists be transported between planets?

o.o It looks like admin refunded my satoshi.
capcher

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:16:12 AM

How did you get the first colonist there if you don't know how this works?

So can colonists be transported between planets?

Yes, you transport colonists in your cargo, just like other merchandise slavery alert.

Then how do I increase the population above 1? None of the GPD planets would let me land and there was no information in this thread.

You can recruit colonists from Earth and Mars in Sol sector (both are owned by GPD). Most of the planets owned by players don't allow you to land so you can't recruit from there.

I'm a bit blurry on the details but if you have at least a population of 2 and you have at least 1 farmer, then your population will grow up to the max. population.
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 06:51:00 AM

Req: Reduce sector image sizes?
Req: Show whether a sector has an outpost/THX/marketplace on the map
Req: Alarm shouldn't sound when unable to sell
Bug: Marketplace offer limit differ from the one stated in the Profile

Filed all of those. BTW, I think the code to display stations on map already exists, but I'm not sure why wasn't it rolled out yet. I guess there was some issue with it.

Typo: "saphire"

Filed.

Oh my god.

I've only recruited from Sol (in particular, planet Earth - population is like 1000) but I got 1 colonist with 500 satoshis it feels like I'm talking about buying slaves.

With a population of 1, I'm not sure if recruitment is possible, even with an astronomical number.

If it's indeed not possible, the system should really have some kind of safety mechanism to prevent people from spending such a huge sum for nothing.

That's absolutely ridiculous. @Phenoca, I've refunded those satoshi. But even if it did work, don't you think paying that much for 1 colonist is an overkill anyway?

People seem to think recruitment just magically spawns colonists on the planet it's being done on (I'm getting constant E-Mails about that), and that's entirely our fault :( Gotta fix that.

That is correct.

Update!

• [BUG] Alarm shouldn't sound on errors. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Marketplace offer limit differs from the one stated in the Profile. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Job limit differs from the one stated in the Profile.
  • [BUG] Warehouse unloading does not respect selected cargo slot.
  • [BUG] Typo in asteroid and quarry "saphire"->"sapphire". (@Phenoca)
  • [ENC] Add hint about planet recruitment.
  • [ENC] Limit amount of satoshi one can spend while recruiting.

Hope that will help future generations of galaxy conquerers.

capcher

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:17:58 AM

People seem to think recruitment just magically spawns colonists on the planet it's being done on

I'm not surprised. The way the interface is designed leads one to think that "recruit" is for increasing the population of that planet.
thijsie90

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:54:55 AM

During one of the latest updates some stuff wen't missing from my warehouse.
Haven't played much lately so not sure when it happend, and I don't really care for what I lost, it whasn't that much.
But wan't to point it out anyway, since this is a pretty major bug if there would be valuable items and hope it will be prevented in future updates.

Greets,
thijsie90
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 11:17:00 AM

People seem to think recruitment just magically spawns colonists on the planet it's being done on

I'm not surprised. The way the interface is designed leads one to think that "recruit" is for increasing the population of that planet.

Yeah, I'm not blaming them, it's 100% our fault. Hopefully the hint will make it more clear.

During one of the latest updates some stuff wen't missing from my warehouse.
Haven't played much lately so not sure when it happend, and I don't really care for what I lost, it whasn't that much.
But wan't to point it out anyway, since this is a pretty major bug if there would be valuable items and hope it will be prevented in future updates.

Greets,
thijsie90

Hello, thijsie90!

Thanks for the report. What I believe happened is that the planet was never claimed by you in the first place (no population), or it was, but was taken over. You can double-check by looking up your planet on the map and checking the "owner" field.

(And if someone is wondering, yeah, it is possible to build a warehouse on an unclaimed planet and even use it, but it's entirely unsafe for obvious reasons).

capcher

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:28:19 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 10:45:10 AM by capcher

Hopefully the hint will make it more clear.

Perhaps you could make the hint a bit more prominent from the background, at least color-wise? And/or perhaps change it to the universal symbol of help - a question mark?

Req: show marketplace/job limit at the marketplace/job tab

It'd be nice if we could see something like
⟨number_of_offers⟩/⟨offer_limit⟩
on the Marketplace tab? That would remind players when they've reached their limit so that they won't try to put an offer (and wasting page loads in the process).

Same idea goes for displaying
⟨number_of_jobs⟩/⟨job_limit⟩
on the Outpost's and the Profile's Job tab, so that players won't try to take jobs when they're at their limit.

Req: modifying price of your marketplace offer after they're on sale

If your offer is already on the marketplace, and you want to change the price, currently you have to

• recall it
  • wait 60 mins to claim it
  • put it on the marketplace again, with the changed price

which is quite inconvenient.

How about adding the ability for players to directly change the price without going through all these?

There are valid use cases for these, for example

• You made a typo when specifying the price
  • You put a price that is too high and found that there's no buyer even after a long time, so you wanted to lower the price

Of course some might want to abuse this to trick people into paying more than the displayed price so there should be countermeasures like notifying a player if some item he's buying has changed prices.

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 04:01:34 PM

Hopefully the hint will make it more clear.

Perhaps you could make the hint a bit more prominent from the background, at least color-wise? And/or perhaps change it to the universal symbol of help - a question mark?

Not trying to be a smart-ass here, just being curious, but are you by some chance using a CRT monitor? It's just I couldn't help but notice that's like the 3rd or 4th request from to you to make things "stand out more", and I can't help but wonder, as they are pretty bright for me. Nevertheless, I'm filing this too.

Req: show marketplace/job limit at the marketplace/job tab

Yeah, that was the original idea, I'm not sure what happened here. Will be fixed.

Req: modifying price of your marketplace offer after they're on sale

This makes sense, but, the chances of seeing this implemented in any foreseeable future are pretty slim. We're on "feature freeze" mode now, i.e. not adding more functionality, but fixing the bugs in what's already implemented (and it looks like there's no end to it). Once we pass the beta status, we'll be more open to new features.

Everyone,

Our logs indicate people are having lots of trouble with the message signing/wallet locking feature. I feel like this is bitcoin community's fault at large, as people should be more aware of this and how it works. In any case, we wrote a small guide,

http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/help/walletsigning

hopefully, this will clear up some confusion.

Reminder: locking your wallet address is not mandatory, but we recommend doing it for your own sake, as this will make your account much more secure.

capcher

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:01:30 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 09:31:29 PM by capcher

Not trying to be a smart-ass here, just being curious, but are you by some chance using a CRT monitor? It's just I couldn't help but notice that's like the 3rd or 4th request from to you to make things "stand out more", and I can't help but wonder, as they are pretty bright for me. Nevertheless, I'm filing this too.

No CRT for me.

Re: certain buttons, they're bright when I hover over them yes, but otherwise not so much.

Anyway I'm cool with it if everyone thinks it's bright enough.

We're on "feature freeze" mode now, i.e. not adding more functionality, but fixing the bugs in what's already implemented (and it looks like there's no end to it). Once we pass the beta status, we'll be more open to new features.

Should I stop posting ideas for new features until then?

Q: Difference between Prospecting and Mining skills

One is described as increasing chances to "find" uncommon ore, the other to "extract" uncommon ore.

I'm guessing the former deals with the chances of "rolling" asteroids with uncommon ore?

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 10:23:28 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 10:36:27 PM by toecutter

No CRT for me.

Re: certain buttons, they're bright when I hover over them yes, but otherwise not so much.

Anyway I'm cool with it if everyone thinks it's bright enough.

(Don't get me wrong, our design is horrid from both functionality and aesthetics stand-points, was just curious. One designer who sadly refused to join our team, took a look, and said "well, you've got to start over from scratch", and I agree with him).

We're on "feature freeze" mode now, i.e. not adding more functionality, but fixing the bugs in what's already implemented (and it looks like there's no end to it). Once we pass the beta status, we'll be more open to new features.

Should I stop posting ideas for new features until then?

Nah, keep going. Sometimes our programmer feels, that "well, that shouldn't break anything, might as well implement it", and even if not, I'm still adding them to the list so they might be implemented one day. I was just trying to give some estimates. BTW, I don't remember which, but there were 2 "req" requests from you that went into "definitely not right away" list, but were implemented nonetheless.

Q: Difference between Prospecting and Mining skills

One is described as increasing chances to "find" uncommon ore, the other to "extract" uncommon ore.

I'm guessing the former deals with the chances of "rolling" asteroids with uncommon ore?

You're guessing right. Prospecting deals with which minerals go into "mineral composition" during "rolling", Mining increases your chances to get upper tiers when you hit "mine".

Oh, one more thing I keep forgetting.

• [BUG] Cooldown of newly mounted mining laser. (@captcher)

As hard as we tried, we were unable to reproduce this bug. So if it happens to you (or anyone) again, please be so kind to give us an exact reproduction sequence.

capcher

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:25:17 AM

Getting "climate error" when building biodome

I finally got enough plexiglass to build a biodome but I get the dreaded "Unable to build: Climate error" when I try to build it.

If the previous warehouse slot issue was anything to go by, does that mean that the planet has already reached the limit of biodomes that can be built (in this case, 0)?
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 07:44:45 AM

Getting "climate error" when building biodome

I finally got enough plexiglass to build a biodome but I get the dreaded "Unable to build: Climate error" when I try to build it.

If the previous warehouse slot issue was anything to go by, does that mean that the planet has already reached the limit of biodomes that can be built (in this case, 0)?

Great catch, there was a subtle bug with max. population on m-class planets. Fixed! Please try it again.

capcher

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:33:05 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 08:45:56 PM by capcher

Bug: Climate error

Nope, still getting "climate error". Additionally I've done a cache refresh and it didn't help either.

Bug: Events before you jumped into a sector is shown in log

Let's say you jump from Sector A into Sector B. The event that happened in Sector B within the past hour or so is shown in your log.

Not sure if this is supposed to happen.
sportkiller

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:50:37 PM

I just got this message:

Unable to dock: Ship is wrecked, landing gear malfunctioning

I was in an extremely dangerous area with low hull integrity, but there were no attacks on my log.  Is this normal?
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 06:47:57 AM

Bug: Climate error
Nope, still getting "climate error". Additionally I've done a cache refresh and it didn't help either.

Sorry about that, the bug was trickier than we thought. Please try it now!

Bug: Events before you jumped into a sector is shown in log

Let's say you jump from Sector A into Sector B. The event that happened in Sector B within the past hour or so is shown in your log.

Not sure if this is supposed to happen.

Although that's counter-intuitive, that's how it's supposed to work. So be careful with what you broadcast sector-wide.

I just got this message:

Unable to dock: Ship is wrecked, landing gear malfunctioning

I was in an extremely dangerous area with low hull integrity, but there were no attacks on my log.  Is this normal?

Hello, sportkiller!

Thanks for your report. I'm pretty sure ships don't explode on their own. I'd imagine you were wrecked just before you jumped between sectors, or something similar. I've filed a "verify all relevant logs are displayed on edge cases" ticket. Sorry for not being much of help here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: