Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:20:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE}  (Read 109674 times)
Quellzar

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:08:59 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 10:03:32 AM by Quellzar

@Quellzar - afcorse. Feel free to comment anytime. Smiley
To be honest, my apinion is: I dont think players dont know that planets are huge *satoshipit*. Maby some newbs. Its well known thing for mediocre+ players. But if someone got like 10+ planets and saying.. *heh my planets dont help me with this nerf* it mostly beacuse of silly greedy tactics where they just taking planets, investing in defence and population for far future development, but they dont have even 1 fully upgraded planet before. So if all that materials and satoshens had bin invest in 1 or 2 planets all the time, well by now that would help much more than having 10 shitzy planets now and feeling of ownership Smiley

Oh my..... well, to be clear before the rest of this, I never once said they don't help.

Beyond that, after I specifically went out of my way to make clear that I was only trying to add some info to the topic, info that as it stands you have not played anywhere near long enough to have a real clue about, you really thought the appropriate response was to directly insult me by basically calling me a greedy idiot???......wow.

For somebody who claims they dont like pvp thats a whole hell of a lot more attitude than you can afford in this game. as for details of what my planets may or may not contain, I may have discussed it quite openly in the interest of helping with the topic and you might have gotten a better idea exactly where my opinion is coming from had you not acted like a complete asshat. As is, all I will say is that you are very very far off in your guesses about me and have only further proven that you have no clue what your talking about.

Its unfortunate you value your own opinion so much that we wont be able to discuss this further in a constructive manner but but I feel no need to involve myself with someone with so little class as that.

And to be clear, you are a newb. though I was trying quite hard not to be that blunt about it. Smiley faces do not make rude comments friendly by the way.

Edit to be fair: reading back I couldn't find the comments about pvp I was thinking of so it may not have been you that made them. If that is the case then I retract this part of my response "For somebody who claims they dont like pvp.". Every word beyond that stands as is.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quellzar

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:15:51 AM

I can't speak for some of the older players than me,  but I'm one of the larger planet owners in the game I'm confident and I would estimate that there is no number or combination of planets that can even come close to making up for this new crafting situation, which is frankly just untenable.

It wouldn't be so bad if the timers were shorter, but when I have to wait almost 10 minutes after crafting 8 gold bars, its like what's the point? This isn't slowing things down, it's bringing them to a screeching halt. Far far worse than previous crafting nerfs.

To be honest, I havent gotten into crafting much since this particular change Fuertisimo so I cant really comment to it specifically on its own, you probably have a better informed opinion on it directly than i do at the moment. Planets do definitely help to one degree or another but as to whether they could offset it completely I think is a split issue kinda.

If you had enough of them leveled completely you might be able to bring in a significant enough income eventually to match a crafter...... maybe. The amount of time and effort required to get that many planets that high would be ridiculously, hilariously huge compared to what is needed to craft for the same amount of profit though. This is why I generally call them money pits, you can make some decent satoshi with them, but only after investing enough in general that it will take quite awhile to make it back before you even start to earn profit if you started from scratch.

(Beyond here I'm speaking more to whoever reads than you directly Fuertisimo so please dont think this is all leveled at you mate Smiley)

As it is, its pretty clear why almost no one likes the introduction of a timer on crafting, and for obvious reasons. I think though that there has probably  always been a bit of a discrepancy between what we as players were able to find ways to do in the game and what was intended to be the pace of play in the game to start with. I could well be wrong, and maybe Toecutter would be kind enough to point out if I am that far off but I have come to believe from the initial structure of the game and what I have heard in the time that I have been playing that this whole situation has basically come about because we were draining satoshi out of the game much much faster than was ever intended.

That is not really something I think you can call anybodies fault really but you have a  (very?)small(ish?) development team working on a game that actually has a fairly large number of elements to it that also interacts with a real currency who were actually able to let people in to play and help test and review in the alpha development stage. that in itself is pretty rare and while I have no doubt they needed the testing done, I also dont doubt that those who were here probably caused them no end of headaches some days either.

They have been bringing things into line piece by piece with what they intended to build I think while also trying I believe quite hard not to make those changes too hard on us as players. I cant honestly say I have ever played any other game where I or the other people playing have been able to have anywhere near as much direct input as these guys have given us on most issues in SG.

Does that make this particular change any better at the moment?, probably not for most but i do think its something worth keeping in mind as the process continues. I do honestly believe whole heartedly that if we as a group do come up with a better solution for us that also achieves the goals they needed to meet in dealing with this that they will give it all due consideration, and have proven to us in the past that they will implement such things if they meet those requirements.

I honestly think the best answer to any of this for all of us who wish to see it changed is to keep the conversation flowing constructively and crowd source the problem to death between us until we actually hit an idea that works for both groups. The Info that Toecutter left for us earlier tells a very clear story that has a very clear ending if nothing was done about it. I dont think thats what anyone wants so while I dont like the change and despite what some people seem to think cant just nullify it with my shiny richness of planets and time spent (lol) I am quite willing to deal with it until we as players or the developers can honestly say we have an equal or better solution for both groups. I think these guys have earned that much understanding in how they have collaborated with us in the past.

Is it ideal? no. Is it fun to deal with? no. Will we be heard if we can think of a better way?, I think so yeah.

This is more food for thought than justification per say, but have you guys noticed all the bitcoin ads in the game?. Now, have you ever seen one that offered 1 million satoshi per day?. In SG's case you now have to multiply that by the number of people playing because they dont have to account only for what we do make or withdraw each day but also for what we could potentially make if we all put our minds to it one day at the same time.  Keep in mind aswell that (again I may be wrong on this) as far as I can tell from the way it all works it isnt just withdrawals that need to be accounted for but also every satoshi that each of us has just sitting on our totals that may be withdrawn even if we intend to build something with it later and put it back into the game. Its actually a pretty complicated issue and one I know they spent a long time thinking on because we were warned long ago that this was a possible reality.
rehbell

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:09:57 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 10:48:52 AM by rehbell

Update!

• [ENC] Introduce crafting masteries/item excellence.*
  • [ENC] Add critical hits for some damage types.** (@Przemax)
  • [ENC] Add crafting cooldowns.***
  • [SG2] Make cargo/equipment item tooltips hide when necessary.

* Equipment crafters now have a chance to create "excellent" items. In addition to improved durability, some of the stats might get a boost! NPCs will not pay you extras for such items, and marketplace is not really ready to correctly deal with them either, but they should work at least.

** Critical hits may occur when you get a perfect "natural" roll. This doubles the hull/def.grid damage. Ion, and other damage is not multiplied.

*** Whelp, the time has finally come to nerf crafters once more. I know full-well, NOBODY is going to be happy with this change, but crafters drain our faucet balances too fast. Note: the cooldown time is not added linearly, the more you want to craft per one click, the longer it will take to cooldown. This is done to offset the "craft in batches to minimize burns" thing that appeared against our will after batch crafting became a thing.

What do not you understand when toecutter says: "but crafters drain our faucet balances too fast" ?

For me this means that there is at least one player, who is daily damn many Satoshis pay off. This update shows me personally who is interested in playing and who is a greedy, money horny A ... is.

Just to show you where my interests are in this game. I have to pay off as a test 23 Satoshis. 34 Dogecoins because I did not know at this time where I should keep the coins. This update hits those who would ruin

this game with their greed. http://prntscr.com/efusgn

Then it is always argued the poor beginners who hit it particularly hard. Gosh! A novice does not affect this update at all. When did you collect the last ore? With a beginner's ship? Just so that everyone becomes

aware of an example. A beginner ship has 100 power. To mine ore now you need 20 energy for the scanner. So there is still 80 energy remaining. So you can then use 2x 40 energy for the two Mininglaser. Then you

have to wait for a basic reactor of 10 energy per minute to wait 4 minutes until you can again use 1 Mining laser. If you're lucky then you get with these beginners lasers copper ore for 2 copper plates together. How

long do you need to make 2 copper plates? 1 damn minute! Anyone who has taken care of the elementary school in math knows immediately that he has to wait at least 4 minutes anyway until the cool down time of

the laser has expired and enough energy has been recharged. This means that a beginner does not care whether it's time for the crafting or not because he has to wait anyway until the energy is recharged and the

laser is ready again. Can you follow me? If I then yell here the yelp: "HuHuHu ... I need 10 minutes to produce 8 gold bars". Are you crazy? A beginner would be glad if he could find enough gold ores to produce a bar.

Are you really clear how many Satoshis are in 10 minutes for doing nothing? Suppose you sell the gold bars for 300 satoshis per bar, then you have earned 2400 Satoshis in 10 minutes. Do you know what a beginner

earned in 10 minutes if he is lucky? At the moment you get 12 to 15 Satoshis per copper plate. If he is lucky then he can produce 5 copper plates in 10 minutes. 5 x 15 = 75 Satoshis in 10 minutes. And you complain

because you get "only" 2400 Satoshis in 10 minutes. Do you even think about it or do you carry your brain just for a walk around the area?

I am in favor of the fact that the currencies Satoshis and Dogecoins will be replaced by a worthless game currency in order to separate the players who are solely interested in the game from the players who are solely

interested in the money.

@Quellzar: I am the one of the PvP hates. I think Shiv is not averse to it, but I do not know and would not want to subordinate anyone. So I would like to say here in a very clear way that I hate PvP. That's why I sold my planet because it sooner or later comes to turn this against another player. I do not like that.
shivasimha

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:30:37 PM

@Quellzar - afcorse. Feel free to comment anytime. Smiley
To be honest, my apinion is: I dont think players dont know that planets are huge *satoshipit*. Maby some newbs. Its well known thing for mediocre+ players. But if someone got like 10+ planets and saying.. *heh my planets dont help me with this nerf* it mostly beacuse of silly greedy tactics where they just taking planets, investing in defence and population for far future development, but they dont have even 1 fully upgraded planet before. So if all that materials and satoshens had bin invest in 1 or 2 planets all the time, well by now that would help much more than having 10 shitzy planets now and feeling of ownership Smiley

Oh my..... well, to be clear before the rest of this, I never once said they don't help.

Beyond that, after I specifically went out of my way to make clear that I was only trying to add some info to the topic, info that as it stands you have not played anywhere near long enough to have a real clue about, you really thought the appropriate response was to directly insult me by basically calling me a greedy idiot???......wow.

For somebody who claims they dont like pvp thats a whole hell of a lot more attitude than you can afford in this game. as for details of what my planets may or may not contain, I may have discussed it quite openly in the interest of helping with the topic and you might have gotten a better idea exactly where my opinion is coming from had you not acted like a complete asshat. As is, all I will say is that you are very very far off in your guesses about me and have only further proven that you have no clue what your talking about.

Its unfortunate you value your own opinion so much that we wont be able to discuss this further in a constructive manner but but I feel no need to involve myself with someone with so little class as that.

And to be clear, you are a newb. though I was trying quite hard not to be that blunt about it. Smiley faces do not make rude comments friendly by the way.

Edit to be fair: reading back I couldn't find the comments about pvp I was thinking of so it may not have been you that made them. If that is the case then I retract this part of my response "For somebody who claims they dont like pvp.". Every word beyond that stands as is.

Take it easy Q. Where do you see me saying you are idiot? Claim down a bit dude. I only see you trowing some names like *you are newb* here.
If you started conversation/pure public info on quoting me, so am forbiden to say something aswell?
Was just saying my apinion and defending my statesment (NOT that *big* players wont be affected, but they will defenatly be less affected that small pure crafters whos solo income is crafting and having no resurses planets in pocket. Thats all. I know ppl with planets are affected, I own some planets aswell m8).
shivasimha

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:33:50 PM

*@Fuertisimo It wouldn't be so bad if the timers were shorter, but when I have to wait almost 10 minutes after crafting 8 gold bars, its like what's the point? This isn't slowing things down, it's bringing them to a screeching halt. Far far worse than previous crafting nerfs.*

I agree totaly. This time frame of cooldown is just rip for crafting from now on.
kakucis006

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:43:59 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 01:02:26 PM by kakucis006

[
Just to show you where my interests are in this game. I have to pay off as a test 23 Satoshis. 34 Dogecoins because I did not know at this time where I should keep the coins. This update hits those who would ruin

this game with their greed. http://prntscr.com/efusgn

Nice idea! I can publish my withdrawals to. Smiley
http://prntscr.com/efw9r4

And...about planets...quellzar is absolutely right, it takes a LOT of sats
When I start the game it was a different time and other rules(Without energy use for crafting) and yes, I build my "empire" on crafting, but it was a long long time ago. Since energy update I almost do not craft "by hand" at all.  With all my planets(read: all crazy investments) my profit is maybe ~50k sats per day(now at todays BTC price must be less). I have 33 planets...one of m best planets(maybe the best):
http://prntscr.com/d5r8ej
profit? 1.5 ruby gems per day! Question, when I get back my investments? Cheesy
matek1234

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:57:33 PM

my withdrawals

http://prnt.sc/efyukc
shivasimha

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:12:16 PM

Noone did argue that planets dont take much sats to be fully builded.
Cant noone understand the point? Point is that high planet owners can somehow survive such update like this (not saying they not affected at all ffs, afcorse we are) by playing with refinerys and factories. And thats ok. They/we deserved it. All ok.
I just did say that players who only did play as decent crafters and having no valuble planets cant do anything now exept pve/pvp or quiting for some other game whille they still dont have much propertys to abandon.
So base matematics are: if you lose 5 players cose this update. Will that help this game? They losing 5 ads income producing ppl. Am just oposing and stating facts for toe to talk with devs about this brutal update and to think about it.
If you guys maby all did asume that am suggesting that nerf should be on planets to. Fracking no! That would make even planets worthless and whole invesment a joke.

Bdw kakucis. Truy to put that factory on lvl5 and kick the shit out of some expencive/good bp. Then your invesment will come back. Draining res. from planets is like lowest and slowest way to get sat back from planets. Am not persuiting it at all. Exept maby from few *very high ore/extraction* planets.
matek1234

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:41:41 PM

hi

1. We should freeze withdrawals,
2. No withdrawals until the game recovers,
3. Then you can limit withdrawals,
4. Give the possibility of donations to help the game I would donate sat. without premium account.
5  When you make a donation you get ( I dont know ; more cpu, bonus in growth for a few days and so on......)
6. Give back crafting:)

rehbell

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:50:03 PM

Some of you are kind of ungrateful. I am grateful for the fact that I can play this game for free and without restrictions. Does not that have any value for some of you? You can do everything the game has to offer. If

you do not appreciate it, I'll do it! I would like to thank here and now with toecutter and the people for the developers give me the opportunity to play this great game for free and without restrictions. And for that I have

the possibility to shape this game with, to be allowed to introduce my ideas and express my wishes. Thanks toecoutter, Thanks to all who develop this game and work on it.
kakucis006

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:12:02 PM

Some of you are kind of ungrateful. I am grateful for the fact that I can play this game for free and without restrictions. Does not that have any value for some of you? You can do everything the game has to offer. If

you do not appreciate it, I'll do it! I would like to thank here and now with toecutter and the people for the developers give me the opportunity to play this great game for free and without restrictions. And for that I have

the possibility to shape this game with, to be allowed to introduce my ideas and express my wishes. Thanks toecoutter, Thanks to all who develop this game and work on it.

Exactly!!!!
kakucis006

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:21:54 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 07:34:10 PM by kakucis006

Bdw kakucis. Truy to put that factory on lvl5 and kick the shit out of some expencive/good bp. Then your invesment will come back. Draining res. from planets is like lowest and slowest way to get sat back from planets. Am not persuiting it at all. Exept maby from few *very high ore/extraction* planets.
You are right, but remember, max speed is 1 ore(Gem, component, equipment) in 10 min!! And not all BP`s are so profitable like CPU`s. I have invested in ship BP`s and do not craft at all, only for my self. Same with many components. It is not worth it, that`s all. And you are right about planet owners (maybe) I don`t feel any big restrictions in my gameplay after update, I use planetary crafting~80-90%. But if you ask me how to get so much planets+upgrades now....absolutely no idea(maybe impossible). At least it takes months, maybe years...But take in account that I play since ~ july 2016. It`s a long time too + in start  I spend ~14-16h per day. And so ~3-4 months....
black_wulf

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:32:03 PM

Would play that game without Reallife economy

I finally could make over 20k daily and now i'm back at this boring mining life, nah actually shooting npc Truckers and getting killed by cons cruiser

invested over 200k satoshi into truckers, reactors, blueprints now they make no profit
Falcore

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:07:51 AM

Bugs?

Ads in the top advertising block in SG1 lead straight to coinzilla not to the actual advertisers site. I don't know if this is effecting your earnings or not.

Additionally ads in the second (middle bottom) block states (SG1 again) "advertise in this spot" lead me to a blockadz site which displays a 404 error for site not found.
toecutter (OP)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 02:18:42 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 02:37:23 AM by toecutter

Bugs?

Ads in the top advertising block in SG1 lead straight to coinzilla not to the actual advertisers site. I don't know if this is effecting your earnings or not.

Additionally ads in the second (middle bottom) block states (SG1 again) "advertise in this spot" lead me to a blockadz site which displays a 404 error for site not found.

Thanks for the report!

It appears blockadz has died as a service, expect it to be removed soonish. The were supposed to send us some satoshi, oh well.

As for the discussion. I've read all of it, but I just can't reply to everything with quotes, like I usually do, there's just too much stuff :)

However, I'll comment on some points.

1. Planet ownership. It's not a problem for us, they are indeed not as profitable as newbies may think, and on top of that, the number of planets is limited. So, from financial standpoint, one player owning ALL THE PLANETS is the same thing as 1-planet-per-player situation or whatever permutation of those.

2. We will adjust the crafting / cooldown rates. For guys following the development process, it shouldn't be a surprise, we often first introduce the feature, then iron out the bugs in said feature, then finally fine-tune the actual numbers. So chances are, crafting will become easier again in the following updates.

3. Posting your earnings is not necessary, I mean, feel free to do it, but we're not upset about it in any way, this is the point of the game (to some) anyway.

4. There is a clear conflict of interests in regards to players who play just to play and players who play to withdraw. Former deserve faster earning rates, later deserve slower, and we're kinda stuck in-between those two realities. I believe I said it before: without the withdrawal feature, the game would've been balanced entirely differently, with things taking days and hours instead of months and days. Similarly, the equipment cooldowns would've been seconds, not minutes.

5. The main resource in the game is satoshi. Skills, time, gear, ships, planets, allies, information, etc -- are all important. However, your real progress is measured in satoshi, because you can simply buy lots of stuff you need. And that was a problem, even without the withdrawal aspect. You need something that costs 250k? No problem, click-click-click, 250k worth of stuff crafted. Need something that's worth a mil? No problem either. I'm exaggerating here, but this was bothering us for a long time.

Side-note: for the same reason, shortage was met with some hostility. It was the only thing stopping people from buying stuff. Money was never a problem. Which is wrong.

6. Ability to buy everything is a two-edged sword. We can't turn it off, because the game is supposed to work even with one lone player online (he can't rely on marketplace in that case), but without the cooldown, people were just buying everything off NPCs and not giving the marketplace proper attention.

By design, you were never supposed to be able to craft everything on your own, it was always supposed to be a team effort. Some people smelt stuff, some people make circuits out of that stuff, other people make components, etc.

Oh, one more thing worth mentioning. The bitcoin network is acting very slow this month, at least that's how we see it. The faucet balances were supposed to be refilled long time ago, the transactions are just not confirming :( So, just so you know, it's not a deliberate measure on our end.

Everyone's CPU has been restored.

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
Fuertisimo

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:52:14 AM

Couple thoughts Toe, as to the marketplace being a big driver of trade I would think that rather than galaxy-wide shortages of things, it might be wiser to simply have different things available at different stations at different times. That way, maybe a station has what you need, maybe it doesn't, maybe it's worth jumping around to find it, or maybe it's easier to go the marketplace.

But also, I think there needs to be more players in the game before the marketplace really "fills out" so to speak.

To that end, I think focusing on features that make the game more fun to play will drive more players to the game. I mean sure some people just see this as a means to an end (satoshi) but I think the game has real potential for players who are looking just to have some fun.

I don't know what you have in the pipeline development wise but there's a lot of room to grow on the fun end, I think.
kakucis006

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 05:10:21 AM

Why not to change NPC market resource availability:
Green planets: Copper-Argentum
Yellow planets: Gold-Timonium
Red planets: Sapphire-Dilithium
Similar with plates etc.
shivasimha

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 11:15:04 AM

So chances are, crafting will become easier again in the following updates.

I so hope so.
zaiusz

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:44:01 PM

At the very least, the crafting cool down timer should ONLY be for multiples/bulk crafting.  You should allow instant single item crafting like there was a long time ago, before the bulk crafting was implemented.  Just for simple management of resources this is very prohibitive...
rehbell

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:45:04 PM

Dear toecutter,

I have a suggestion regarding the fight against pirates. It is about a "dialogue" that could lead the pirate with the player during the fight. Mock or insult the player. If the player is attacking a pirate and the player does

not hit the pirate then the message from the pirate could be displayed in a "battle window": "Learn aiming first then come back, even a blind one shoots better than you." If the player hits the pirate, and according to the

amount of damage, could be read in the battle window: (with low damage) "Ahhh ... just a scratch, can not you do better?" (In case of high damage) "You will pay for it bastard!".

I think it would make the battles against pirates more interesting.

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: