Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE}  (Read 109676 times)
toecutter (OP)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 10:42:48 PM

Just to be clear that we're on the same page:

Let's say my ship has 4 slots containing 6 copper ores each. Why is it that I can't sell them on the marketplace as a single batch of 24 copper ores? Instead I can only sell them as 4 separate batches of 6 copper ores.

I know cargo slots are a precious resource, but that doesn't explain this seeming arbitrary marketplace restriction, i.e. individual marketplace offers are somehow constrained by cargo capacity.

Another thing to consider is that with this restriction, in this example the seller would need to submit 4 http requests (or full page loads) and to use up 4 CPU to sell all those copper ores. Similarly the buyer would need to submit 4 http requests and to use up 4 CPU to buy all those copper ores. Without this restriction, it's 1 http request and 1 CPU for both seller and buyer - 4 times less. Seems like a good thing for both user experience and for the server.

In short, it would make more sense logic wise, leads to better user experience, and saves network traffic. So yeah, I'm puzzled by this marketplace restriction.

We are on the same page.

Think about it like that: you're a buyer and you see 2 batches of copper ore for sale, from two different sellers. The price is the same, but batch #1 has 6 units of copper, while batch #2 has 10. Which one would you pick, taking your CPU points and your time into account? Buying in bigger batches is an incentive for sellers, and selling in bigger batches is a reward for having more cargo capacity.

As for the server, HTTP requests are not the only concern we face in terms of server load, and we roughly measure the stress from each operation in CPU points. So some operations turn to be "bite-sized" as a result. But that has lower relation to this particular issue.

In-universe, items are not being beamed/teleported, but are being held in escrow and transported around by CONS ships. While en route, they use their own resources, to fulfill the contracts as quickly as possible. And those ships have limited cargo space too, so it makes it easier for their logistics to use "common" slot capacities for batch sizes. :)

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
capcher

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:11:43 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 02:12:33 AM by capcher

Think about it like that: you're a buyer and you see 2 batches of copper ore for sale, from two different sellers. The price is the same, but batch #1 has 6 units of copper, while batch #2 has 10. Which one would you pick, taking your CPU points and your time into account? Buying in bigger batches is an incentive for sellers, and selling in bigger batches is a reward for having more cargo capacity.

Not necessarily true. I might pick the smaller batch because it's closer to rounding up my copper to 10. Or I might just buy both batches because the price is very good. If I buy more than I need, I either have to let the excess take up a marketplace slot, sell the excess to NPC (possibly at a loss), or otherwise handle the excess in some way - so I might just end up with more work with the larger batch.

In any case, regardless of whether you think smaller or bigger batch sizes is more advantageous, it doesn't change the fact that with the current scheme, buying or selling large quantities of merchandise on the marketplace is tedious because of the number of transactions you need.

Besides, just getting to keep more of the ores you mine and getting to move more stuff around easier is reward enough for having large slot  capacity. Keeping this scheme for the sake of rewarding sellers with larger slot capacity seems unnecessary.

In-universe, items are not being beamed/teleported, but are being held in escrow and transported around by CONS ships. While en route, they use their own resources, to fulfill the contracts as quickly as possible. And those ships have limited cargo space too, so it makes it easier for their logistics to use "common" slot capacities for batch sizes. Smiley

This seems to argue for a uniform batch size limit (i.e. what's the largest batch size that the CONS ships can handle) rather than a batch size limit that depends on the cargo slot capacity. I mean, the latter is weird if you think about it: let's say 2 guys go to a CONS office to sell 10 ores. The first guy gets to sell as a single batch of 10 because he's flying an upgraded Trucker. The second guy has to sell as 2 batches (8+2) because he's flying an upgraded Bucktooth. Isn't that a weird way of doing things?

Just saw this ad which is just a referral link to another ad network. I don't even.

p/s: typo on "Advertisment"
darkky

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:22:22 AM

again my cpu is down from 11 to 7 Sad
dewilinsade

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:06:26 AM

IPBlocked

reason Adblock i  think
i just first time come to site and while i was registred ip was blocked.
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 08:19:44 AM

Not necessarily true.

Larger size is always more advantageous with all other things being equal.

Just saw this ad which is just a referral link to another ad network. I don't even.

p/s: typo on "Advertisment"

World of ads is weird :) Thanks for the report, this typo keeps popping up :/

again my cpu is down from 11 to 7 :(

Sorry for late reply; I believe your account was "fixed" already.

IPBlocked

reason Adblock i  think
i just first time come to site and while i was registred ip was blocked.

Hello, dewilinsade!

Sorry for your troubles. I think I've restored your account, buy could you please PM your in-game name or IP address to make sure?

capcher

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 09:58:53 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 09:06:48 PM by capcher

Not necessarily true.

Larger size is always more advantageous with all other things being equal.

I'd argue further but I fear it would detract from the main point I was making:

In any case, regardless of whether you think smaller or bigger batch sizes is more advantageous, it doesn't change the fact that with the current scheme, buying or selling large quantities of merchandise on the marketplace is tedious because of the number of transactions you need.

To elaborate, if given the choice between

• keeping the current scheme (batch size limit == cargo slot capacity), such that players with large cargo capacity will ostensibly have an advantage over others in the marketplace
  • changing to the proposed scheme (sell entire cargo content in one go similar to selling to NPC), such that selling/buying on marketplace might be up to 8x faster (with Trucker's 8 cargo slots)

I'd choose #2 anytime.

GIP: Dynamic upgrade stepsize instead of fixed stepsize of 1

Found out that you can only upgrade ship energy by 1 each time. Same goes for hull armor.

I'm hoping that this could be changed so that you can upgrade by any amount you want as long as you have the money.

It'd also be nice if you could increase warehouse slots by say 5 or 10 at a time.
znjole

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:42:27 AM

IPBlocked

Same problem here. Username: znjole.
Devesh

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:48:42 AM

I love this game no problem to me so far Grin

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 11:34:33 AM

To elaborate, if given the choice between

[*] keeping the current scheme (batch size limit == cargo slot capacity), such that players with large cargo capacity will ostensibly have an advantage over others in the marketplace
    [*] changing to the proposed scheme (sell entire cargo content in one go similar to selling to NPC), such that selling/buying on marketplace might be up to 8x faster (with Trucker's 8 cargo slots)
    [/list]

I'd choose #2 anytime.

Right, that much is obvious. Well, there are no plans to make this happen, but I shouldn't have said "never".

GIP: Dynamic upgrade stepsize instead of fixed stepsize of 1

Found out that you can only upgrade ship energy by 1 each time. Same goes for hull armor.

I'm hoping that this could be changed so that you can upgrade by any amount you want as long as you have the money.

It'd also be nice if you could increase warehouse slots by say 5 or 10 at a time.

Yeah, that's pretty annoying with no good reason for it. That's on the list, and it also includes cargo capacity upgrades. Not sure about the warehouse, but also likely.

IPBlocked

Hello, znjole!

Sorry for you troubles, I've whitelisted that IP.

I love this game no problem to me so far ;D

Hello, Devesh!

Thanks for your feedback :)

black_wulf

Activity: 147

View Profile
    March 27, 2016, 11:50:05 AM

Hey,
    How can i get a better ship?
    Anything is very expensive ._.
    playing 1 month now and still Start gear.
    What am I doing wrong?
    znjole

Activity: 4

View Profile
    March 27, 2016, 04:29:32 PM

IPBlocked

Hello, znjole!

Sorry for you troubles, I've whitelisted that IP.

[/quote]

No problem, thanks!  Smiley
    capcher

View Profile
    March 28, 2016, 05:25:24 PM

I'm getting a reduced CPU recharge rate, can you fix this?
    toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
    March 28, 2016, 07:03:15 PM

Hey,
    How can i get a better ship?
    Anything is very expensive ._.
    playing 1 month now and still Start gear.
    What am I doing wrong?

Hello, black_wulf!

I'm not sure if you're doing anything wrong, but 1 month should be enough to acquire at least some upgrades. I would suggest asking other players around.

Yeah, absolutely.

BTW, are you doing anything funky with custom javascript? I've seen some weird log entries on your account.

capcher

View Profile
    March 28, 2016, 07:11:03 PM
    Last edit: March 29, 2016, 03:45:20 AM by capcher

Yeah, absolutely.

BTW, are you doing anything funky with custom javascript? I've seen some weird log entries on your account.

I usually have 2 pages - one of them being Ship page - open side-by-side.

I've also been getting this error with adalso ads from time to time

This site can’t be reached

adalso.com took too long to respond.

Not sure if these cause strangeness in log entries.

Renaming planets

It appears you can rename a planet such that multiple planets have the same name.

For example, you can rename a planet to "Earth" even though there's already an "Earth" in Sol sector. Not just that, if you own multiple planets in the a sector, you can name all of them "Earth". 
    Skammas

Activity: 1

View Profile
    March 28, 2016, 10:07:24 PM

Hello =)
    I made my acc today and when i tryed to login in later: "This IP address is blocked"
    I did something wrong? Btw, if there is a IP block thing... it means i cant log in at another location?
    Username: skammas
    geralth

Activity: 266
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    March 29, 2016, 01:59:43 AM

Hehm keep on getting this ADBlock warning. on all browsers now... The adverts are dunno why refreshing themself just as page loads...
    toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
    March 29, 2016, 08:32:12 AM

I usually have 2 pages - one of them being Ship page - open side-by-side.

I've also been getting this error with adalso ads from time to time

Not sure if these cause strangeness in log entries.

Ah, right, we had this conversation before. Nope, those 2 should not cause any problems, as far as I know. Thanks, I'll investigate further.

Renaming planets

It appears you can rename a planet such that multiple planets have the same name.

For example, you can rename a planet to "Earth" even though there's already an "Earth" in Sol sector. Not just that, if you own multiple planets in the a sector, you can name all of them "Earth".  

Good point, but that should be allowed. I recommend players keep referencing them by "Sector-Order" coordinates if any serious conquering actions are planned/being discussed. Filed, nonetheless.

Hello =)
    I made my acc today and when i tryed to login in later: "This IP address is blocked"
    I did something wrong? Btw, if there is a IP block thing... it means i cant log in at another location?
    Username: skammas

Hello, Skammas!

Thanks for reaching out. I've replied to your e-mail (and cleared you account). Please read this thread for info on IP blocks.

As for your second question, no, if you have an IP block, you're quite free to log in from another location.

Hehm keep on getting this ADBlock warning. on all browsers now... The adverts are dunno why refreshing themself just as page loads...

To us, it looks like you're blocking ads like crazy. We'll look into it from our side, but please try to find a cause on your end.

darkky

Activity: 51

View Profile
    March 30, 2016, 08:47:23 AM
    Last edit: March 30, 2016, 10:01:07 AM by darkky

I have an error, after i try to refill cpu the game logeed me out i think with a message, smth like "ssl conection error"...i am stuck atm becouse i cant play without any cpu...now is a little better, i can play buy i am gettin only 7 cpu Smiley)) thanks and hope the cpu problem will be solve as fast as possible
    toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
    March 30, 2016, 09:26:51 AM

I have an error, after i try to refill cpu the game logeed me out i think with a message, smth like "dsl conection error"...i am stuck atm becouse i cant play without any cpu

Thanks for your report!

It looks like there was some downtime on Google's part. That sounds unbelievable, but that's the only explanation we have - it seems to work fine now, and it only lasted for 30 minutes.

(Yesterday, FaucetBOX.com also experienced some problems, talk about luck).

We will issue some gifts to people who were hit but this.

Edit: gifts issued.

capcher

View Profile
    April 01, 2016, 02:40:28 AM

Apparently there's this hidden feature (?) where if you click "Refine" or "Manufacture" multiple times with the right timing, you can craft multiple items (for example 4x copper plates) in one go. The same rules for crafting still apply (e.g. if you have 40 copper ores, you can craft a max. of 4 copper plates) but it makes crafting much less tedious.
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 100 »
      Print  

Jump to: