Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:36:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE}  (Read 109674 times)
5leepyJoe

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 11:31:25 AM

Hey toecutter,

I just encountered something infuriatingly frustrating.

On my ship I have a Nuclear Reactor and 4 Basic Engines. The Nuclear Reactor is supposed to generate 200 Energy within 10 minutes, the same amount of time it takes the engines to cool down. However it only generated 180 Energy and I got stuck and obviously killed in a dead sector (no stations, no planets to land on) deep inside a string of red sectors.

Is there possibly something wrong? It is the first time that has happened to me but it is probably the biggest bug I have yet encountered.

Regards,
5leepyJoe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kakucis006

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:53:27 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2016, 01:15:23 PM by kakucis006

Everyone, I've noticed the "support structure" item has surfaced. It's totally a bug. No mystery here, no possible future use, it's a remnant of an unused idea (a common resource for all module building, and it would've been made out of 10 or so plexiglass). I don't know why is it still in the game,
and, even worse, appears as loot, but it really shouldn't.

Nice! And I have bought 1  Grin
kakucis006

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:47:45 PM

Hi.

I found out that equipment selling to npc don't work. When confirmation windows appears only button "No" works... By clicking on "Yes" nothing happens...
toecutter (OP)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 04:49:32 PM

Hey toecutter,

I just encountered something infuriatingly frustrating.

On my ship I have a Nuclear Reactor and 4 Basic Engines. The Nuclear Reactor is supposed to generate 200 Energy within 10 minutes, the same amount of time it takes the engines to cool down. However it only generated 180 Energy and I got stuck and obviously killed in a dead sector (no stations, no planets to land on) deep inside a string of red sectors.

Is there possibly something wrong? It is the first time that has happened to me but it is probably the biggest bug I have yet encountered.

Regards,
5leepyJoe

Well, here is the underlying problem: if it says 20 per minute, it does not mean 0.33 per second. You have probably seen the "last turn" printout on the main page -- that's when the "minute" ends. So had you survived 10, 20, 30 more seconds, you would've got your final +20 energy.

The whole thing is rather unpredictable (within the 60-second interval), and the client-side energy display is also NOT completely in sync with the actual value. For example, if it takes 2 seconds to generate and send you the page, the cooldowns get off by 2 seconds too. Add if you happen to refresh your page around the time of a "minute turnover", you can get out of sync even more.

This all goes back to our "please expect things to be slightly out-of-sync within the 1-minute interval" mantra, I keep repeating. Until we completely re-write the server (not happening anytime soon), this is the reality we have to face. However, ~99% of the time, this whole arrangement is hardly noticeable, and things flow pretty smoothly. When you do hit that 1% edge case, things do look pretty jarring, indeed.

I would also like to add, that online games are usually aware of their own technical limitations and try to incorporate them into gameplay. SG is no different, and the Hull/Damage/Rate-of-fire ratios were picked to deny one-hit-kills happening within that 1-minute interval.

Hi.

I found out that equipment selling to npc don't work. When confirmation windows appears only button "No" works... By clicking on "Yes" nothing happens...

Thanks for your report! I can't reproduce this bug, though. Could you please try refreshing your cache (Ctrl+F5 or similar) and if it doesn't help, provide additional hints on how to trigger this? Browser/OS maybe?

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
kakucis006

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:28:54 PM

Hi.

Nevermind...CTRL+F5 helps....
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 08:27:11 AM

Can you make arrow brighter, couse i always click on arrow on button Merge, not near cargo slot)
http://prntscr.com/cke2kf

Gotcha, although I don't see any reason to click on the arrow inside a button :)

Small update.

• [BUG] Squadmates do not see each other in hangars. (@?)
  • [BUG] Rockets missing planets.
  • [BUG] Bounty claim message is missing both players' names. (@?)
  • [BUG] Warehouses can stack eq, but then it goes stacked into cargo. (@5leepyJoe)
  • [BUG] Warehouses crafting should allow "future" empty slot. (@5leepyJoe)

Przemax

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:39:30 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2016, 02:31:18 PM by Przemax

3 issues.

I have again dimnishing cpu gain issues. Secondly my chrome browser is showing me that i block ads. Which is weird as all of them shows. The second thing is huge as I cant fight with ffox as its so slow compared to chrome, making me stuck in space. Thirdly the alienlifeforms dont do anything. So many lives gone in vain for that res but well.. shit happens.

edit : cpu had been fixed. nd changed explorer to opera.
kakucis006

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:03:20 PM

Find a surprise in THX-47 station!!! Shocked
http://prntscr.com/ckpf9z

Does this mean that can also appear a blueprint? At least i can sell them  Grin
zaiusz

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:59:58 PM

Hi Toecutter, I'm trying to understand the ship durability repair.  When i got my nice new shiny privateer i was shot down by a pirate shortly after and noticed they actually nailed my ship durability at 99/100.  So I think why not, the ship is brand new i'll spend the 640 satoshi to fix the durability.  So I go ahead, but after the repair it is now 99/99.  Later my durability goes down to 98/99, and i go ahead and repair again... now sitting at 98/98.  I'm basically throwing money at decreasing my overall maximum durability rather than bringing it back up.  I could just not pay and leave it at 98/100 and i'd be 1200 richer...  can you elaborate on what is going on?
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 05:41:32 AM

3 issues.

I have again dimnishing cpu gain issues. Secondly my chrome browser is showing me that i block ads. Which is weird as all of them shows. The second thing is huge as I cant fight with ffox as its so slow compared to chrome, making me stuck in space. Thirdly the alienlifeforms dont do anything. So many lives gone in vain for that res but well.. shit happens.

edit : cpu had been fixed. nd changed explorer to opera.

It's quite possible you have some kind of malware. Sometimes it comes packaged as browser extension (think "browser toolbars" from days long gone).

The alien lifeform does have one use, but I'm guessing it's rather non-obvious now. Things will get clearer, I promise.

Find a surprise in THX-47 station!!! :o
http://prntscr.com/ckpf9z

Does this mean that can also appear a blueprint? At least i can sell them  ;D

Sigh... :)

Hi Toecutter, I'm trying to understand the ship durability repair.  When i got my nice new shiny privateer i was shot down by a pirate shortly after and noticed they actually nailed my ship durability at 99/100.  So I think why not, the ship is brand new i'll spend the 640 satoshi to fix the durability.  So I go ahead, but after the repair it is now 99/99.  Later my durability goes down to 98/99, and i go ahead and repair again... now sitting at 98/98.  I'm basically throwing money at decreasing my overall maximum durability rather than bringing it back up.  I could just not pay and leave it at 98/100 and i'd be 1200 richer...  can you elaborate on what is going on?

You are in luck :) As explained in this post,

Quote from: toecutter

I have a question about Ship Durability. I first did a repair at 98/100 and it went down to 99/99. I then did a repair at 97/98 but it simply just went down to 97/97. Is this a bug, a feature or am I doing something wrong?

As for the repair itself, it works like that: each time you perform one (successfully or not), the max durability value gets reduced. And the "current durability" value goes up to the max, in case of success. NPC repairs are always successful. So repairing from either 99/100, 50/100 or even 1/100 would yield the 99/99 result. (Or, in other words, the actual maximum amount of points is 100 + 99 + 98 + ... + 1, but it depends on how often you repair).

This does not excuse SG from lacking that tidbit in FAQ/Manual, of course. Added to the list.

5leepyJoe

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 03:13:53 PM

Hey toecutter,

This is going to be a long one...

1) Is equipment of the same type supposed to stack or not?

I don't know if you guys looked at the stacking of equipment yet. Usually when you post it though things have been changed. I would like some clarity on this please. Either way though it is broken.

2) Why have the Repair Ray, Shield Generator, support class skills at all?

-For whatever reason these NON-AGGRESSIVE equipment is seen as an aggressive act by NPCs so trying to help people in green and orange sectors is futile because Cruisers will shoot at you.

-The Shield Generator can still be used on yourself so it has some use, but the Repair Ray is as useless as it gets when you can't use it on yourself, nor can you attempt to use it on anyone else because NPCs will attack and destroy you in a single hit.

-Playing the support class in PvP situations is 1000% idiotic (tried and tested by myself). The server gets so laggy in PvP situations that you simply can't use your equipment on anyone. Not even if you sit outside in space waiting for them. The ships list takes too long to update and so too does the log and everything else. By the time someone shows up in your list and you try to target them they are already back in a station or on a planet. To sum things up you'll be sitting on your ass doing nothing while everyone else has fun.

*To those wanting to play the support role SKIP IT COMPLETELY. You are wasting your time until they change things. If you want to be a support player it will have to be in the form of aggressive support. In other words Ion Beams and Rocket Launchers. Which again makes support type skills absolutely useless seeing as these rely on your attack (Aim) skill.

-The only situation in which you can use them is if a) You are in a red sector (no cruiser to attack you for doing a good deed), and b) it is a purely PvE situation where someone is hunting pirates instead of players or planets.

3) Since when do CONS Cruisers attack you in orange sectors for attacking a pirate?

Is this just while the event is active? and no this is not a Rogue AI. It is a regular CONS Cruiser. If it is not just part of the event then there really is no use in having orange sectors at all. Make it all green and red because orange is exactly what a green sector is.

PLEASE don't say you can't tell us. Letting players discover some things for themselves like blueprints, etc. adds to the game and makes sense. But this doesn't add anything other than frustrating players. You guys need to know where to draw the line about not giving information about the game.

4) The server has been astoundingly laggy all day today (22 September 2016). Is this because of DDoS attacks again or some other reason? I don't see more than the average amount of players online, yet the game has become rather unplayable. I eventually just gave up on doing anything.

Regards,
5leepyJoe

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 03:44:18 PM

Hey, great post!

I don't know if you guys looked at the stacking of equipment yet. Usually when you post it though things have been changed. I would like some clarity on this please. Either way though it is broken.

It should never stack. If it does, there's a bug waiting to be reported.

2) Why have the Repair Ray, Shield Generator, support class skills at all?

-For whatever reason these NON-AGGRESSIVE equipment is seen as an aggressive act by NPCs so trying to help people in green and orange sectors is futile because Cruisers will shoot at you.

That doesn't sound right at all. It's either a bug or a misunderstanding on your part. I'll try hard to reproduce this, any additional info is helpful.

-The Shield Generator can still be used on yourself so it has some use, but the Repair Ray is as useless as it gets when you can't use it on yourself, nor can you attempt to use it on anyone else because NPCs will attack and destroy you in a single hit.

-Playing the support class in PvP situations is 1000% idiotic (tried and tested by myself). The server gets so laggy in PvP situations that you simply can't use your equipment on anyone. Not even if you sit outside in space waiting for them. The ships list takes too long to update and so too does the log and everything else. By the time someone shows up in your list and you try to target them they are already back in a station or on a planet. To sum things up you'll be sitting on your ass doing nothing while everyone else has fun.

*To those wanting to play the support role SKIP IT COMPLETELY. You are wasting your time until they change things. If you want to be a support player it will have to be in the form of aggressive support. In other words Ion Beams and Rocket Launchers. Which again makes support type skills absolutely useless seeing as these rely on your attack (Aim) skill.

-The only situation in which you can use them is if a) You are in a red sector (no cruiser to attack you for doing a good deed), and b) it is a purely PvE situation where someone is hunting pirates instead of players or planets.

You're mostly correct in all those assessments. And yes, we'd really love to improve the support role.

However, some things to consider:
- People were not supposed to hide on stations AT ALL. You hang out in space. You dish out and receive damage. You kill people and you die.
- Players figured out stations could be used to avoid Pirates. We went "oh, well, as long as it helps newbies kill someone".
- Now people are using it to fight each other. And it sucks, not only for support roles, but for everyone, because it's hard to shoot someone
if he keeps docking/undocking.

and
- People were not supposed to fight GPD/CONS Cruisers AT ALL. I mean, it's there as a fun feature for over-powered veterans, but the general
sentiment was: You commit a crime -- You die. Similarly, planets in green and orange sectors were considered "untakable" and completely safe.

Thus, yes, fighting is only going to work right in PvP sectors, when there are no cruisers and preferably no stations.

Is it our fault it all went wrong? Absolutely. And we'll attend to the whole issue as soon as codebase stabilizes again.

3) Since when do CONS Cruisers attack you in orange sectors for attacking a pirate?

I don't think they do. Do they? I've never seen anything like it.

Here is the complete list of crimes:

- Attacking non-criminals in green and orange sectors
- Attacking planets in green and orange sectors
- Healing/Repairing criminals in green and orange sectors

And that's it. Are there bugs at play here? Quite likely, as always. But I'm pretty sure attacking pirates in orange sectors does not make you a criminal.

If you can confirm and/or provide better reproduction steps, I'd be really grateful.

In any case, I've added "display criminal indicator" to the list, this should help.

4) The server has been astoundingly laggy all day today (22 September 2016). Is this because of DDoS attacks again or some other reason? I don't see more than the average amount of players online, yet the game has become rather unplayable. I eventually just gave up on doing anything.

I'll make sure this is investigated. Stats look normal, but you never know :(

5leepyJoe

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 04:01:13 PM

Hey, great post!

It should never stack. If it does, there's a bug waiting to be reported.

Then there most certainly is still a bug since they do still stack at times. Might I ask why equipment is not supposed to stack though?

I don't think they do. Do they? I've never seen anything like it.

Here is the complete list of crimes:

- Attacking non-criminals in green and orange sectors
- Attacking planets in green and orange sectors
- Healing/Repairing criminals in green and orange sectors

And that's it. Are there bugs at play here? Quite likely, as always. But I'm pretty sure attacking pirates in orange sectors does not make you a criminal.

If you can confirm and/or provide better reproduction steps, I'd be really grateful.

In any case, I've added "display criminal indicator" to the list, this should help.

I was in Phad earlier to try and repair a fellow player. While waiting for him to get there I used a Shield Generator on one of the pirates. The CONS Cruiser in return rewarded me with a shot of his Slicing Laser which luckily missed. Resulting in me having to move to another sector as it was now hunting me for no reason.

EDIT: I understand if you repair/shield a pirate in a green sector as that will be seen as helping an enemy by the GPD. But in orange sectors the CONS are supposed to be neutral to such acts. Thus my confusion as to why it would attack me for using the shield generator on a pirate.

Does this mean that using a Shield Generator or Repair Ray on a player in a green or orange sector is also seen as an act of aggression? Which once again makes red sectors the only place you can actually use that equipment.

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 04:12:16 PM

Then there most certainly is still a bug since they do still stack at times. Might I ask why equipment is not supposed to stack though?

Gotcha. If you see it again, please do report.

The reason behind this mechanic is 80% technical (eq and cargo are handled rather differently in the code), 10% story related (those things are LARGE!) and 10% economical (no matter what, having a trucker with 80 pieces of any equipment is not right. It just isn't.)

I was in Phad earlier to try and repair a fellow player. While waiting for him to get there I used a Shield Generator on one of the pirates. The CONS Cruiser in return rewarded me with a shot of his Slicing Laser which luckily missed. Resulting in me having to move to another sector as it was now hunting me for no reason.

That sounds about right. Healing criminals makes you a criminal.

1 - EDIT: I understand if you repair/shield a pirate in a green sector as that will be seen as helping an enemy by the GPD. But in orange sectors the CONS are supposed to be neutral to such acts. Thus my confusion as to why it would attack me for using the shield generator on a pirate.

2 - Does this mean that using a Shield Generator or Repair Ray on a player in a green or orange sector is also seen as an act of aggression?

1. Good point. I think this is a oversight. I'll see what's the deal here.

2. If they are criminals, then yes, unless you are in a red sector, you should not be healing them. And criminals should have no business hanging out in green/orange sectors anyways.

5leepyJoe

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 04:28:44 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 04:54:26 PM by 5leepyJoe

1 - EDIT: I understand if you repair/shield a pirate in a green sector as that will be seen as helping an enemy by the GPD. But in orange sectors the CONS are supposed to be neutral to such acts. Thus my confusion as to why it would attack me for using the shield generator on a pirate.

2 - Does this mean that using a Shield Generator or Repair Ray on a player in a green or orange sector is also seen as an act of aggression?

1. Good point. I think this is a oversight. I'll see what's the deal here.

2. If they are criminals, then yes, unless you are in a red sector, you should not be healing them. And criminals should have no business hanging out in green/orange sectors anyways.

What exactly makes a player a 'criminal'?
Having a bounty on your head? In which case I can go and place a 1 sat bounty on everyone in the game and make them all criminals. So no one would be able to help people because it is a guarantee they will be shot by cruisers.

From your earlier list of what is criminal activity it made sense but then what happened to me, and orange sector rules in general don't make much sense. For orange sectors a player attacking another player (with actual damage dealing guns, not support gear) = CONS intervention = makes sense. Players doing any kind of activity to NPC pirates is supposed to be allowed though, and the same goes for using support gear then on so called 'criminal' players because they count as pirates themselves.

Apologies for this long debate but things that used to make sense no longer do.

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 04:57:31 PM

No problems, this isn't much of a debate, as I generally agree. Not to mention, posting on this forum and chatting with players is my favorite part of the job ;)

I think your assessment of orange sector rules is correct, CONS should not care about any Player-vs-NPC interactions, be it fighting OR helping. I'm betting it was just an oversight, but I can't promise you the fix just yet.

Przemax

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 06:13:47 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2016, 06:28:37 AM by Przemax

Right now taking planets is a little too easy for a dedicated player or a group of players. I would suggest a missle base module that uses rockets that are stored in planets warehouse to attack incoming enemy. Planets defences deals too little damage as of now. More widespread missle usage would make pulse weapon more useful as well.

As of alien lifeform usage. I have one - to increase your engineering skill. Is thats its only usage? If so, its not worth to spend 500 sats on citizen to gain 1xp in engineering.

Another thing to suggest is to make sector wide defence. Its looks silly when you attack one planet of a player that have 4 planets in sector and only one attacks you back. Shouldnt they communicate with eachother about a possible threat?

There is one more question about planetary defence grids. They attack extremely rarely in orange sectors compared to red sectors. Is thats a bug or a feature.
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 11:47:03 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2016, 02:22:51 AM by toecutter

What exactly makes a player a 'criminal'?

From your earlier list of what is criminal activity

Sorry, forgot to address this. No, bounties don't matter. Committing a crime (from my list) is what makes you a criminal.

If i fight with pirate in orange sector and other player repair and recharge him, should CONS cruiser attack other player?

Well, current status of this issue is a bit weird. Read our discussion with 5leepyJoe above, for more details.

How stack equipment?
This http://prntscr.com/clnmuq after this http://prntscr.com/clnn7r
From basic ship to privateer and back http://prntscr.com/clnnkv

Thank you for the report!

Right now taking planets is a little too easy for a dedicated player or a group of players. I would suggest a missle base module that uses rockets that are stored in planets warehouse to attack incoming enemy. Planets defences deals too little damage as of now. More widespread missle usage would make pulse weapon more useful as well.

Another thing to suggest is to make sector wide defence. Its looks silly when you attack one planet of a player that have 4 planets in sector and only one attacks you back. Shouldnt they communicate with eachother about a possible threat?

Tons of interesting ideas! Some of those we have pondered ourselves. I think there's a good chance at least something from this list will be implemented.

There is one more question about planetary defence grids. They attack extremely rarely in orange sectors compared to red sectors. Is thats a bug or a feature.

I don't think it's either. I mean, unless there is a bug (I'll check that), the rate of fire should be the same. Thanks for the report!

As of alien lifeform usage. I have one - to increase your engineering skill. Is thats its only usage? If so, its not worth to spend 500 sats on citizen to gain 1xp in engineering.

That's not it's primary usage. But seriously, please don't get hung up on mysterious or rare items, you might get disappointed in the end. I feel a better approach is just to treat them as novelty/luxury items, that might have some extra usage.

Update.

• [ENC] Healing pirates in CONS areas no longer makes you a criminal. (@5leepyJoe)
  • [ENC] Add criminal indicator. (~@5leepyJoe)
  • [ENC] Add reward indicator.
  • [ENC] Show seconds till hull burn is out (when attempting to dock). (~@Quellzar)
  • [ENC] Make docking to stations after firing weapons more painful.

5leepyJoe

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:12:13 PM

Unable move equipment from one ship to another on planet Sad (there is't button)

I don't see how you are even able to have 2 of your ships on a planet. Makes no sense. So this isn't a problem at all in my opinion, but lets see what the response from toecutter is.

5leepyJoe

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:15:09 PM

Hey toecutter,

Would it be possible for the devs to change the way shield damage is handled.

In my mind if someone hits you and the shield absorbs the damage without any hull damage to the ship then you should be able to dock to a station. Instead you get the "hull is burning" sit outside and hope not to die message, yet zero hull damage was done so there sure as heck is no fire.

Regards,
5leepyJoe

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: