Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:36:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE}  (Read 109704 times)
toecutter (OP)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 01:36:38 PM

If I refine, and have my inventory full of ore, it tells me I can not refine due to full inventory, even though the ore is going to be used.

Is this something that will change in future?

Hello, Valareos.

Thanks for your feedback.

That is definitely something that can be fixed, and would make sense to be fixed, so I'm going to say yes.

But probably in some very distant future :)

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
SatanSavage

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:57:17 PM

toecutter

when i try to register, after i put in the password, the second box where i have to match the password, it keeps
saying i have to match the password when it is the same password i keep putting in, whats up with that?
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 05:12:22 AM

toecutter

when i try to register, after i put in the password, the second box where i have to match the password, it keeps
saying i have to match the password when it is the same password i keep putting in, whats up with that?

Hello, SatanSavage.

I'm guessing you've encountered a rare (but annoying) bug with password confirmation. I've upped it's priority. In the meantime, please try a simpler password :/

shefchenko17

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

This mine is not mine! My mine is mine!

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 10:57:27 PM

this game is so cloudy I cannot understand what  to do Cheesy

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so!
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 11:40:56 PM

this game is so cloudy I cannot understand what  to do :D

Hello, shefchenko17.

Feel free to ask questions, then. Both me and the players would be happy to help :)

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 11:59:16 PM

We've performed a small, but rather important update:

All planetary resources have been re-rolled (as promised). If you own a planet and a quarry, you will have to do prospecting runs again. The new distribution is much more fair and the galaxy is now richer in minerals as a whole.

That took some time off our hands, but we managed to sneak in some minor bug-fixes too:

• [BUG] Second page of marketplace doesn't show seller. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Equipment disappears from view on cooldown. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Deliver message last step text refers wrong station. (@alterburner)
  • [BUG] Deliver message num steps hack / status hard to grasp. (@alterburner)
  • [BUG] Typo in planet module (warf=>wharf). (@captcher)
  • [ENC] Add "ALL" filter to marketplace. (@captcher)

And many other bugs (not reported on this thread, so it makes little sense to mention them).

One bug (Second page of marketplace doesn't show seller.) was particularly nasty as it wasn't just related to the marketplace, but to the whole framework acting up. After the fix, the game should feel somewhat faster.

If a bug you reported keeps going unfixed, do not despair. We're on top of things, they just take time. Keep those reports coming! Thanks!

Valareos

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

BitSong is decentralized music streaming platform.

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:50:55 PM

I used to get 10 CPU per captcha solving, now its just 7.

Is this a bug or intentional feature?

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:09:26 PM

I get 5 CPU every claim without any upgrade.

I started today, looks nice game, but it's a bit confuse yet. How can i see ship capacity upgrade costs?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Valareos

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

BitSong is decentralized music streaming platform.

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 11:27:48 PM

I started today, looks nice game, but it's a bit confuse yet. How can i see ship capacity upgrade costs?

You should be able to get 10 per claim by verifying email address.  For ship capacity costs, dock at a THX port, and go to upgrades. should see it there

if you got the starting ship, you can only upgrade the cargo, and you do that directly from your cargo screen. each slot can be upgraded to 8

Now for the admins Tongue Im unsure how to claim a planet.  Errors it gave state that it is unpopulated, so first thought i needed to find a class M or build a biosphere. Well, found a class M. tried again, said unpolulated. so I tried to spend 5000 satoshi for population. It said I couldnt do that beause it was unpopulated. How am I supposed to populate it if I get no population errors when I attempt to populate it?

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
capcher

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:40:55 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 11:17:19 AM by capcher

While we're on the topic of planets, can I build a quarry on a planet without building other stuff (like biodome and warehouse) first? Can I build a quarry even with zero population on the planet?

I'd hate to show up with 10 plexiglass (which costs 24,000 altogether) only to find out that I can't build that quarry.

p/s: Good to hear you managed to catch some nasty bug.

Bug: Redirection from broadcasting message

Whenever I broadcast a message, I get redirected to the main Sector/Station/Planet page (depending on whether I've docked/landed or not).

Doesn't matter if I'm on the Ship/Profile/Map/Marketplace page or just approached an asteroid/ship, I get redirected all the same.

But then again, I've never seen any chatroom/shoutbox that reloads an entire page when you type something...
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 02:30:23 PM

It's intentional. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1261310.msg13504099#msg13504099 and http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/help/faq#my-cpu-rate-is-going-down-why for a better explanation.

Now for the admins Tongue Im unsure how to claim a planet.  Errors it gave state that it is unpopulated, so first thought i needed to find a class M or build a biosphere. Well, found a class M. tried again, said unpolulated. so I tried to spend 5000 satoshi for population. It said I couldnt do that beause it was unpopulated. How am I supposed to populate it if I get no population errors when I attempt to populate it?

You're on the right track! The last missing piece of puzzle is getting initial colonists (by recruiting) from an already occupied planet.

We're writing a manual (a player volunteered to help us), http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/help/manual#colonization but it's not too useful in it's current state.

While we're on the topic of planets, can I build a quarry on a planet without building other stuff (like biodome and warehouse) first? Can I build a quarry even with zero population on the planet?

You can, but it won't be too useful. Best case scenario you'll have a usable quarry once you colonize. Worst case scenario someone else colonizes that planet and gets a quarry for free.

Bug: Redirection from broadcasting message

Whenever I broadcast a message, I get redirected to the main Sector/Station/Planet page (depending on whether I've docked/landed or not).

Doesn't matter if I'm on the Ship/Profile/Map/Marketplace page or just approached an asteroid/ship, I get redirected all the same.

Filed, thank you!

But then again, I've never seen any chatroom/shoutbox that reloads an entire page when you type something...

Nor should you see anything like that again! In today's update, we've finally AJAX'ified the chat.

capcher

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:44:36 PM

You're on the right track! The last missing piece of puzzle is getting initial colonists (by recruiting) from an already occupied planet.

We're writing a manual (a player volunteered to help us), http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/help/manual#colonization but it's not too useful in it's current state.

So you have to recruit colonists from another inhabited planet (wait, is occupied == inhabited?) and bring them to the target planet to colonize the target planet? I'm pretty confused about the mechanism here.

Why is the manual accessible from the UI? Incomplete as it is, it's still helpful for people trying to figure out the game.

Nor should you see anything like that again! In today's update, we've finally AJAX'ified the chat.

Sweet. I wish you could make the buttons (in general) more distinguishable from the background though.

p/s: I swear for a moment there I saw Mitchell's post asking about web sockets.
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 02:55:58 PM

So you have to recruit colonists from another inhabited planet (wait, is occupied == inhabited?) and bring them to the target planet to colonize the target planet? I'm pretty confused about the mechanism here.

Aye, that is correct. People should come from somewhere.

Why is the manual accessible from the UI? Incomplete as it is, it's still helpful for people trying to figure out the game.

It will be, as soon as it's at least moderately helpful. Right now, it can cause more confusion than clarity.

Sweet. I wish you could make the buttons (in general) more distinguishable from the background though.

p/s: I swear for a moment there I saw Mitchell's post asking about web sockets.

A complete redesign is badly needed. We simply don't have the resources to pull it off. If this game ever brings us income, we'll allocate some funds (and time) on a redesign.

I too, sometime see posts in this thread and then they vanish... I'm guessing (hoping) authors deleting own posts.

Regardless, using websockets is not something doable in foreseeable future. We had that discussion (what to use? plain HTML/AJAX/websockets?) back when the development started and settled on plain old HTML with some AJAX here and there. That was probably not the best decision, but it's not something we can easily change now.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 03:04:27 PM

I too, sometime see posts in this thread and then they vanish... I'm guessing (hoping) authors deleting own posts.

Regardless, using websockets is not something doable in foreseeable future. We had that discussion (what to use? plain HTML/AJAX/websockets?) back when the development started and settled on plain old HTML with some AJAX here and there. That was probably not the best decision, but it's not something we can easily change now.
I was indeed talking about Web Sockets, but then I remembered that the whole game uses mostly static pages, so I decided to remove my post. I mean, it's still better than AJAX, but the difference isn't big enough, IMO, to justify rewriting their server (and it would be a good idea to redo the whole loading and browsing flow as well).

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
capcher

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:14:15 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 05:45:47 PM by capcher

Q: Colonizing planets

Aye, that is correct. People should come from somewhere.

I gotta go find an inhabited planet then. It feels like all of the planets I've landed on are uninhabited though (there was one but whoever owns it prohibits other people from landing there). - update: found 2 such planets, now holding 2 colonists in my cargo - hired each for 500.

Follow-up questions

• Is claiming a planet == colonizing the planet?
  • Would I need to biodome before colonization is possible if the planet starts out with 0/0 population?

As in, does the planet need to have a non-zero max population for colonization to be possible?

I think I've only seen 1 unclaimed planet with 0/<non_zero number> population only once in my travels - seems like such planets are very rare.

Req: More distinguishable buttons

A complete redesign is badly needed. We simply don't have the resources to pull it off. If this game ever brings us income, we'll allocate some funds (and time) on a redesign.

I was actually just thinking of making some color changes to make the UI elements stand out from the background, and not requesting a UI overhaul.

Req: An upper limit on waiting time before UI unlocks

I have observed that most of the UI elements are locked until all the ads are fully loaded.

Some ads notably BlockAdz and RichTraff can take a long time - sometimes exceeding 20 seconds - to load, which is problematic for a browser game. Today I've also been getting 504 error on BlockAdz ads (it seems like this is a server-side error and not my internet provider's fault?) meaning that I get locked out for 60 seconds after the page loads. Also encountered a 500 server error with Mellow Ads twice now (the first time took 50s of waiting, the second time 76s) and a 524 error (100s).

The other components - game stuff, Adsense, and other advertising networks - work fine and load within 5-6 seconds.

I wonder if you could do something about this, because having to wait 60 seconds to use the interface is not what I would call 'fun'. I'm thinking of something like `min(some_constant, ads_fully_loaded)' for unlocking the UI.

No one else seems to be complaining about this, but I don't think my solution cuts too much into ad revenues (or does it?).

Req: Ability to discard all cargo everywhere

I'd like to be able to discard cargo everywhere - while I'm docked on a station, landed on a planet, or floating in space. I know I can already do that by going to Ship -> Cargo but that's clunky considering that there's already a Cargo section when you're docked/landed.

Also it'd be handy to have a "discard all" button, so instead of doing the same action 4 or more times, you can get it done all in one go.

Req: Ability to move items between cargo units

Bumping up an old request:

Add the ability to move the items between cargo units. For example, if I have 5 copper in a cargo unit (capacity 8), and 3 copper in another cargo unit (capacity 8), I hope to be able to put all 8 in a single cargo unit so I can free up the second cargo unit

Colonists hate him!

One of these days I'm going to be convicted of crimes against humanity

Also, missing an "s" there.
mrcash02

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:11:04 PM

You should be able to get 10 per claim by verifying email address.  For ship capacity costs, dock at a THX port, and go to upgrades. should see it there

if you got the starting ship, you can only upgrade the cargo, and you do that directly from your cargo screen. each slot can be upgraded to 8

Hmm, ok thank you, i see now the upgrades costs. I didn't receive any confirmation e-mail yet. Maybe need to request it.

How much can we earn per day with this game?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 06:54:21 PM

I was indeed talking about Web Sockets, but then I remembered that the whole game uses mostly static pages, so I decided to remove my post. I mean, it's still better than AJAX, but the difference isn't big enough, IMO, to justify rewriting their server (and it would be a good idea to redo the whole loading and browsing flow as well).

All that is absolutely correct.

Q: Colonizing planets

Follow-up questions

• Is claiming a planet == colonizing the planet?
  • Would I need to biodome before colonization is possible if the planet starts out with 0/0 population?

As in, does the planet need to have a non-zero max population for colonization to be possible?

I think I've only seen 1 unclaimed planet with 0/<non_zero number> population only once in my travels - seems like such planets are very rare.

Only M-class (earth-like) planets are inhabitable without biodomes (and even then, you still should build some), as, yes, that's what's needed to increase max population. Claiming = colonizing, yes.

Req: More distinguishable buttons

Hmm, I'll see what we can do.

Req: An upper limit on waiting time before UI unlocks

That's actually not a bad idea at all! Those slow ad networks are brining the whole experience down. Adalso.com was the worst offender in the past (it looks like they've upgraded their infrastructure since then), blockadz.com are the worst right now (but it depends, some days they're fine).

Req: Ability to discard all cargo everywhere
Req: Ability to move items between cargo units

1. Most likely will not be implement. You should only be able to jettison stuff in space.
2. Yeah, that's on the list.

Colonists hate him!

You just won "Genocide" achievement :) We joked about that internally, good to know someone's really doing it :)

Also, missing an "s" there.

There's a "add proper pluralization of item names" ticket in the works and last time I checked, the code was actually ready. I'll double-check why hasn't that been rolled out yet. Thanks for the reminder!

Hmm, ok thank you, i see now the upgrades costs. I didn't receive any confirmation e-mail yet. Maybe need to request it.

Hello, mrcash02.

Feel free to re-request the confirmation E-Mail, and make sure to check the Junk/Spam folder, maybe your spam filter is too aggressive.

I can't really tell you how much you can earn, because that varies drastically between different playstyles, upgrades, skill levels, your luck, time you're willing to spend, etc. Not to mention bitcoin prices going up and down. Perhaps other players can share their experiences with you. We had a plan to make an (internal) calculator to at least see what the brackets are, but that got very low priority since we're kinda overwhelmed with more pressing matters.

capcher

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:57:56 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 08:08:32 PM by capcher

1. Most likely will not be implement. You should only be able to jettison stuff in space.

So you mean if a player wants to discard stuff from their cargo, you ideally want the player to undock/liftoff, discard, then dock/land again? That sounds pretty inconvenient. Does this also mean that you consider that being able to discard anywhere via the Ship page now to be a bug that should be fixed?

That's actually not a bad idea at all! Those slow ad networks are brining the whole experience down

No kidding. To use an analogy, it's like wanting to watch 30 min TV show and being forced to wait for 2 - 6 hours for advertisement to show up before the show would play.

You just won "Genocide" achievement Smiley We joked about that internally, good to know someone's really doing it Smiley

Not that I want to stare at my Genocide achievement from time to time or anything, but where do I find the achievements? I only see Medals on the Profile page.

Doing some napkin math here and treating this like a regular faucet (though it's far from it), initially you can probably "claim" a minimum of 60 satoshis every 4 minutes, with every "claim" requiring 7.5 page loads. This number is for when you're just starting out and it will change when you get upgrades/planets and all that jazz.

Here's the breakdown (feel free to skip this part):

Assuming you get 20 copper ores from mining an asteroid, you can use those to craft 2 copper plates and assuming each sells for 30 satoshis (you could possibly get better prices like 40-50) => each "claim" nets you 60 satoshis.

Now the laser you use to mine consumes 40 energy, and the engine you initially have regenerates 10 energy/min. So even though you start out with 2 lasers, you'll plateau at one mining (equivalent, one claim) every 4 mins.

As to the page loads, for every claim you have these steps each of which takes 1 page load

• undock from trade station
  • approach asteroid
  • mine asteroid (*)
  • dock at trade station
  • craft 1 copper plate from 10 copper ores (*)
  • craft 1 copper plate from 10 copper ores (*)
  • sell the 2 copper plates (*)

now each of the steps with asterisks also consumes 1 CPU point - that's a total of 4. I'm going to use 5 here because sometimes you have extra copper ores and selling them would take 1 CPU point. You solve a captcha (1 page load) to get 10 CPU points so there's 1 page load for every 2 "claims", making our total 7.5 page loads per "claim".

Req: Changelog page

I think you should have some kind of "News" or "Changelog" page on the website. It'd be interesting to see how far the game's development has come along + it could inspire confidence that the game is under active development.

Req: Sort by % of NPC price in marketplace

I'm usually more interested in merchandise that's significantly cheaper than the NPC price, so I think having this sorting option would be very handy. It also has the side benefit of filtering out items in sale that I'm better off buying off NPCs.

Aaaaand I just unlocked "And you thought you were scarred for life" achievement.

FurryBuxy

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:20:47 PM

One of my cargo slots is at -2 but is also full at same time... what the hell xD

Admin plz help username ingame same as here Smiley

EDIT: Never mind it auto-fixed when i mined a few asteroids :p
mrcash02

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:59:12 PM

So many quotes to reply hehe

Thank you all for your answers, very clear. I will continue exploring this game, hope to make some profit and have some fun.  Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: