Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:19:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 [455] 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782155 times)
birdonthewire

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:49:34 AM

I am still concerned about my zpiv balance being like 43% of my total balance.
I don't want that...in fact, I dont want any zpiv until I need to use it..is that even an option?
Also, I have not UNENCRYPTED my wallet to stake, I will wait for the official version...
Can you change your ZPIVs to original PIVs? Is this possible to do ? It is allowed ?

It's certainly possible with 3.0.4 RC2 because I've done it.  I wanted to start my masternodes again (had been staking) so I've successfully un-done the zPiv conversion and am now back to 100% PIV. 

I really like the zero coin feature though and everything has been working well over the past few days.

vffffff ... this is fantastic, congratulations.

Do you think there is any danger of waiting for a definitive wallet? (Without opening the wallet and not making use of it ) Huh

well i have multiple backups.
loading up an older backup or loading up the backup made right after my wallet sent this 19k coins to the accumulator does not help so far  Sad

Good idea ! and Good luck with those previous backups.

From what I read, it looks like backups have not saved the private key for each address. I have the habit of doing backup and also a dumpprivkey , all saved in 2 diferents external devices, so I understand that this would help restore the wallet.

But, well, now, best wishes for you and those previous backups.

Thanks to all the Pivians for their contributions, let's hope that Jakiman is updating all these circumstances with the new portfolio and the conclusions that are coming out of the process.

DASH IS THE VACCINE AGAINST THE NAKAMOTO´S CANNIBALISM* ( and its extractive virus, BTC ) 

*Parasitic growth system based on the transfer of wealth through speculative bubbles (the same old scam of the fiat global elite ...in a new format)

https://discord.com/channels/370148711088652288/660351836292775936/773522887616757770

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kensaii

Activity: 396
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:52:18 AM

A well establishes coin like PIVX will need to have a good product to increase the price.
Daniko7

Activity: 424
Merit: 106

https://Newrewardcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 09:10:36 AM

My wallet is not syncing anymore since update/donwgrade to RC2....can not connect.
I see at github there has been released a RC3 candidate for mac adn the source code...3 hours ago

DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:43:24 AM

I am still concerned about my zpiv balance being like 43% of my total balance.
I don't want that...in fact, I dont want any zpiv until I need to use it..is that even an option?
Also, I have not UNENCRYPTED my wallet to stake, I will wait for the official version...
Can you change your ZPIVs to original PIVs? Is this possible to do ? It is allowed ?

It's certainly possible with 3.0.4 RC2 because I've done it.  I wanted to start my masternodes again (had been staking) so I've successfully un-done the zPiv conversion and am now back to 100% PIV.  

I really like the zero coin feature though and everything has been working well over the past few days.

vffffff ... this is fantastic, congratulations.

Do you think there is any danger of waiting for a definitive wallet? (Without opening the wallet and not making use of it ) Huh

well i have multiple backups.
loading up an older backup or loading up the backup made right after my wallet sent this 19k coins to the accumulator does not help so far  Sad

Good idea ! and Good luck with those previous backups.

From what I read, it looks like backups have not saved the private key for each address. I have the habit of doing backup and also a dumpprivkey , all saved in 2 diferents external devices, so I understand that this would help restore the wallet.

But, well, now, best wishes for you and those previous backups.

Thanks to all the Pivians for their contributions, let's hope that Jakiman is updating all these circumstances with the new portfolio and the conclusions that are coming out of the process.

i was able to solve the problem with slack support (many thanks to jeffrey!). please all keep your wallet.dat safe!
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:15:04 PM

i was able to solve the problem with slack support (many thanks to jeffrey!). please all keep your wallet.dat safe!

Yay congratulations! I'm so happy to hear that you got this resolved successfully.  Thanks to the PIVians for helping us out by making the coin better for all and providing top notch support!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:14:49 AM

found an old laptop staking away id forgot about
it is on version 2.3.1

i notice lots of staking activity lately? has this been affected lately by this zpiv debacle?

I see lots of ? rather than ticks but now more ticks and less ?

leave it staking or turn it off for now?

is this wallet on the correct chain?

endchat

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:30:04 AM

its NOT on the correct chain.

Pivx has had many updates since then.

Wait until the next wallet release, and then synch up.
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:30:57 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 09:27:08 AM by jakiman

Just to clear some things up here while I have time. Smiley

0. Current latest wallet version is 3.0.4 RC3. Yes. RC3. Released today.
If you are running anything below it, please upgrade by following link below.
https://forum.pivx.org/t/pivx-core-wallet-3-0-4-rc3-release-10-25-2017/
We hope this to be the last RC build if all goes well. Cool

1. Seems many people are using the same copy of the wallet.dat on multiple different PCs.
This is not recommended as it has been the cause of many incorrect zPIV balance issues.

2. Initial 3.0.0 wallet had a bug where it caused more than 10% being auto-minted into zPIV.
That issue has since been fixed. Current 3.0.4 RC does not do that and now keeps it at 10%.
But if you are over that, it won't auto-revert excess zPIV back to PIV. So need to do it manually.
e.g. From the Privacy tab, send zPIV back to your address. It will then convert it back to PIV.

3. Currently, zPIV spend has a max limit of 7 denominations per single Spend transaction.
e.g. If you want to send 17 zPIV and if you only have 7 x 1 zPIV and 1 x 10 zPIV, it will fail.
You will get an error "failed to find coin set less than maxspend" if it goes over 7 denoms.

4. Although it's not beneficial to zPIV privacy/liquidity, you can disable zPIV auto-mint if desired.
Just add enablezeromint=0 to the pivx.conf then restart the wallet. You can still manually mint zPIV.
Alternatively, it can be achieved by changing the preferred denomination value very high in Tools - Options.
Then it won't auto-mint if the amount needed to reach 10% zPIV balance is lower than that.

5. Whenever you mint zPIV, it writes a new "key" for that zPIV serial to your current running wallet.dat.
This means is that your older backup of wallet.dat will have no clue about the new zPIV you minted.
This is because your newly minted zPIV is not associated with your existing addresses, hence private.

6. Implementing this level of advanced Zerocoin protocol has never been done on ANY coin let alone PoS.
So although unintended, $hit can happen to put it simply. So yeah, always backup your latest wallet.dat. Wink

7. Zerocoin isn't the end. This is just zPIV 1.0. It's just the beginning.
Developers have already begun working on the next iteration of zPIV.
Really exciting things will begin to unfold from now on. So hang on. Cool

drngocct

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:37:17 AM

Its very promising coin, I am in and will buy more coins for setting up my masternode. Thank you dev for the amazing project!
D3legacy

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:18:20 AM

If i update to the newest version of RC3 wallet and disable minting do i have any disadvantages? Does Minting when it works properly generate me additional Coins? Does disabling it have an influence on staking? Or maybe a better question would be what does minting do? Smiley

lucv

Activity: 104

Force Network - The Internet. Redefined

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:16:38 AM

Thanks jakiman for this clear upgrade.
Hope i will get soon back to staking pivx  Smiley

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:41:06 AM

is there no way i'm on the correct chain now with this ancient wallet?

these were manditory wallet upgrades that ensured older wallets were prevented from joining the correct chain or just likely I am on an incorrect chain.

lucv

Activity: 104

Force Network - The Internet. Redefined

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:57:08 AM

is there no way i'm on the correct chain now with this ancient wallet?

these were manditory wallet upgrades that ensured older wallets were prevented from joining the correct chain or just likely I am on an incorrect chain.

Make sure you are on the right chain by matching your block/hash with presstab block explorer.
Presstab explorer link = http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/index.php
Can follow this KB = https://pivx.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/30000004667

birdonthewire

Activity: 274

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:21:42 AM

Just to clear some things up here while I have time. Smiley

0. Current latest wallet version is 3.0.4 RC3. Yes. RC3. Released today.
If you are running anything below it, please upgrade by following link below.
https://forum.pivx.org/t/pivx-core-wallet-3-0-4-rc3-release-10-25-2017/
We hope this to be the last RC build if all goes well. Cool

1. Seems many people are using the same copy of the wallet.dat on multiple different PCs.
This is not recommended as it has been the cause of many incorrect zPIV balance issues.

2. Initial 3.0.0 wallet had a bug where it caused more than 10% being auto-minted into zPIV.
That issue has since been fixed. Current 3.0.4 RC does not do that and now keeps it at 10%.
But if you are over that, it won't auto-revert excess zPIV back to PIV. So need to do it manually.
e.g. From the Privacy tab, send zPIV back to your address. It will then convert it back to PIV.

There was a video demonstration about passing PIVs to ZPIVs manually, although the disproportionate automint made it not necessary to do so, as many people found themselves with excess ZPIVs. Have you thought of doing a reverse, ZPIVs to PIVs, to unify criteria in that process that affects so many people? It could save a lot of particular actions that are made due to ignorance or technical limitations of the users that you later look forward to correct. The devs team should always keep in mind that PIVX maintainers are not programmers.

3. Currently, zPIV spend has a max limit of 7 denominations per single Spend transaction.
e.g. If you want to send 17 zPIV and if you only have 7 x 1 zPIV and 1 x 10 zPIV, it will fail.
You will get an error "failed to find coin set less than maxspend" if it goes over 7 denoms.

4. Those who would like to disable zPIV auto-mint feature can do so.
Just add zerocoinmint=0 to the pivx.conf and restart wallet. You can still manually mint zPIV.
Can also be done by changing the preferred denomination value very high in Tools - Options.
Then it won't auto-mint if the amount needed to reach 10% zPIV balance is lower than that.

Do you still prefer the automint activated by default? I understand that the ACTIVE action coming from a unilateral/centralized decision that totally falls within the personal scope of the holders and in their right to own Zpivs or not, is that of the automint, and that this action should be no longer limited, but "not enabled" by default, but ok, it's good to report that it may be limited and how, thanks.

5. Whenever you mint zPIV, it writes a new "key" for that zPIV serial to your current running wallet.dat.
This means is that your older backup of wallet.dat will have no clue about the new zPIV you minted.
This is because your newly minted zPIV is not associated with your existing addresses, hence private.

6. Implementing this level of advanced Zerocoin protocol has never been done on ANY coin let alone PoS.
So although unintended, $hit can happen to put it simply. So yeah, always backup your latest wallet.dat. Wink

7. Zerocoin isn't the end. This is just zPIV 1.0. It's just the beginning.
Developers have already begun working on the next iteration of zPIV.
Really exciting things will begin to unfold from now on. So hang on. Cool

The expectations of an active and functioning zerocoin are splendid, there we all agree and the massive collaboration of the community in terms of their unconditional disposition to the guidelines of the programming team is the greatest proof of it ... but it would not be better dump before their analysis 100% and their work in rebalancing the balances of the huge amount of wallets affected ... to continue after advancing in the zerocoin all together? The synchrony of the project is very important.

Very good post.Splendid and veyr necessary explanations.

I greatly appreciate your contribution to the rebalancing of the situation, jakiman. Huge and very honestly. I am also aware that establishing a clear and effective channel of action before so many people and their varied capacity for understanding and response is very delicate. But ... beyond that, which is reflected very positively in your post, could you make an extra effort in the follow-up that this information has on the players and their operations? I mean answering your later questions - or delegating to someone who does, but identifying yourself as a member of the devs team ,  so as not to lose the unity of criteria that can be given by contributions, well-integrated, but outside the official group - so they have the right concepts before taking any steps that can affect both your balance sheets and the stability of the system. That is hugely important for everyone - and I am allowed to re-focus on the technical limitations of the various users of PIVX.

Finally, my main question, as a basic user of PIVX, would be the following: Wait for the final wallet creates added risks? Do you see it inappropriate or dangerous for technically limited users?

Thank you very much, greetings and good, the best luck for our boat.

DASH IS THE VACCINE AGAINST THE NAKAMOTO´S CANNIBALISM* ( and its extractive virus, BTC ) 

*Parasitic growth system based on the transfer of wealth through speculative bubbles (the same old scam of the fiat global elite ...in a new format)

https://discord.com/channels/370148711088652288/660351836292775936/773522887616757770
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:31:01 AM

If i update to the newest version of RC3 wallet and disable minting do i have any disadvantages? Does Minting when it works properly generate me additional Coins? Does disabling it have an influence on staking? Or maybe a better question would be what does minting do? Smiley

As zPIV currently cannot be staked, disabling will allow you to stake your entire balance if desired.

zPIV is essentially you holding proof that you own a certain amount of PIV without it being linked to any address.
So minting is basically converting your PIV into zPIV while sending your zPIV to accumulators (denom pools).
Then when you need to convert zPIV back to PIV, it just plucks out required denoms from the accumulators.
A lot more info on what zPIV is and how it works can be found here: https://pivx.org/zpiv/

Also, an AWESOME 20 minute video on how Zerocoin protocol works is here. Highly recommended watch.
https://www.coursera.org/learn/cryptocurrency/lecture/JhU6c/zerocoin-and-zerocash

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:50:31 AM

There was a video demonstration about passing PIVs to ZPIVs manually, although the disproportionate automint made it not necessary to do so, as many people found themselves with excess ZPIVs. Have you thought of doing a reverse, ZPIVs to PIVs, to unify criteria in that process that affects so many people? It could save a lot of particular actions that are made due to ignorance or technical limitations of the users that you later look forward to correct. The devs team should always keep in mind that PIVX maintainers are not programmers.

An auto-reversal of minted zPIV back to PIV isn't desirable whatsoever as it will need to be sent back to "some" address.
Some people may also prefer having most of their balance as zPIV due to its anonymity. It's better done manually IMO.

Do you still prefer the automint activated by default? I understand that the ACTIVE action coming from a unilateral/centralized decision that totally falls within the personal scope of the holders and in their right to own Zpivs or not, is that of the automint, and that this action should be no longer limited, but "not enabled" by default, but ok, it's good to report that it may be limited and how, thanks.

Although I'm on the fence on that question, I believe that auto-mint is required to achieve the goal of increased zPIV liquidity.
Goal from day 1 of PIVX was to integrate a full time anonymous crypto currency. This is an attempt to get closer to that goal.
Keep in mind, this is only zPIV version 1.0. As we improve zPIV integration further, we may be able to achieve full-time zPIV.

The expectations of an active and functioning zerocoin are splendid, there we all agree and the massive collaboration of the community in terms of their unconditional disposition to the guidelines of the programming team is the greatest proof of it ... but it would not be better dump before their analysis 100% and their work in rebalancing the balances of the huge amount of wallets affected ... to continue after advancing in the zerocoin all together? The synchrony of the project is very important.

As mentioned above, the goal of PIVX is to achieve the most private crypto currency that is also fully transparent when required.
Although the bug causing excess zPIV minting was unfortunate, it showed how much PIVX could handle. (over 1000 tx / block!)

Very good post.Splendid and veyr necessary explanations.

I greatly appreciate your contribution to the rebalancing of the situation, jakiman. Huge and very honestly. I am also aware that establishing a clear and effective channel of action before so many people and their varied capacity for understanding and response is very delicate. But ... beyond that, which is reflected very positively in your post, could you make an extra effort in the follow-up that this information has on the players and their operations? I mean answering your later questions - or delegating to someone who does, but identifying yourself as a member of the devs team ,  so as not to lose the unity of criteria that can be given by contributions, well-integrated, but outside the official group - so they have the right concepts before taking any steps that can affect both your balance sheets and the stability of the system. That is hugely important for everyone - and I am allowed to re-focus on the technical limitations of the various users of PIVX.

Finally, my main question, as a basic user of PIVX, would be the following: Wait for the final wallet creates added risks? Do you see it inappropriate or dangerous for technically limited users?

Thank you very much, greetings and good, the best luck for our boat.

Thank you.

Please note that I am not a developer. I am just like anyone here but who has just been VERY active & dedicated to assist PIVX's success for a very long time. Smiley

As for your main question, we are currently asking for everyone to install and run 3.0.4 RC3 right now. No other versions.
If my guide isn't easy enough to follow, then I hope they ask for assistance though many channels that we have available.
But if afraid, they can wait for the final stable release which we hope will happen later this week pending RC3 results.

pasmas

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:16:58 PM

I like Pivx and this project, have invested before, now I start to invest in multiple anonymous coins, cause I think is the future. Deeponion has got my attention recently I think it will follow PIVX success, seems so undervaluated with all its activity and support

▬▬▬▬ Lendoit ▮ P2P Cross Border Lending ▮ Lendoit ▬▬▬▬
All You Need Is Loan ▰▰ Revolutionizing the Lending Industry
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[TGE on December 2017]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:49:39 PM

Hey All,

First of all congrats to everyone and specially the devs for this awesome release !!! The integration of the Zerocoin protocol is magnificent! zPIV are just so easy to use once understood.

the update was a little rocky at first but it seems to have totally stabilized! I am running the rc3, was already stable on rc2 both linux and win7. So well done!

What a pleasure to read from you here jakiman! This forum really deserve a little bit more attention. I know everyone should use the slack (http://slack.pivx.org/) but it's nice to have updates here too.

Btw the line to add to the pivx.conf file to stop the auto zeromint is:

enablezeromint=0

To check if you are on the right chain simply go to

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/index.php

on the left check (for example, but take latest) :

Height: 876344

Short Hash: fdc052c7

click on short hash :

in your wallet click tools , debug console and type :

getblockhash 876344 (take the last block)

and it should return the same hash as on presstabl block explorer :

fdc052c773abf4f4b5b9b737dc2ff0051c22e2b610e19d33d30f01738ecede7e

Stay Purple !

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
cryptophil

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:04:59 PM

Wallet downloads not working?

To stake or not to stake! Be stake or be there!
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:15:49 PM

Wallet downloads not working?

did you try here? https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
Pages: « 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 [455] 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: