Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62724 times)
metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:21:49 AM

Lets say there are million of users of bitcoin i think there are still alot of people who holds gold instead,all people who have banks owns gold from the government and all rich people holds it,so i think bitcoins users is still less compared to gold users
Obviously gold is a good hedge for historical reasons, but most people who own gold own it in an exchange-traded fund, which frankly isn't any better than bitcoin.

Yes, unless you are a big player with a vault at home or has a personal vault caretaker in Switzerland, there's no difference.

Some people opt to rent a vault from many of the service providers but it seems that it's easy-in-hard-out whereby if you want to ship your gold out the procedure is troublesome and fees hefty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:29:38 AM

Just checked gold prices return for 3 year and 5 year period. Seems like investors who put money in 3 or 5 years ago all lost money.

5 years

3 years

Now it's about 40k USD per KG but was worth more 3 and 5 years ago.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:28:38 AM

The value of BTC is rising very fast. The value of gold is steady. Investing in BTC will provide you fast money. A year in investment with BTC will yield a considerable profit relative to your investment of course. Whereas in gold, there is no fast rise in price. But it provides you an almost risk-free investment as gold will remain to be valuable even after several decades. BTC does not have that assurance. There's the significant difference that you should be mindful of.
This is the advantage of bitcoin than others. Bitcoin has an easy investment value so we can get a profit in a short time while the rise in gold is not too fast. But all investments must have risks, the sooner we can get a profit then the greater the risk we can get. This is an unforgettable investment law.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:59:03 AM

The value of BTC is rising very fast. The value of gold is steady. Investing in BTC will provide you fast money. A year in investment with BTC will yield a considerable profit relative to your investment of course. Whereas in gold, there is no fast rise in price. But it provides you an almost risk-free investment as gold will remain to be valuable even after several decades. BTC does not have that assurance. There's the significant difference that you should be mindful of.
When invest Bitcoin, can't use it as retirement, because we not know in future, cryptocurrency can rasing and popular on the world's as Gold or not? Still live or died by an issue or banned on the world's by government! I think if invest long-term 10-30 years, Gold is best choice and not have value can compare with it, Bitcoin can investing 1-3 years if can improve in next time Smiley
Why not, the driving force of entire cryptocurrency network is faith. Believe in it, you'll be profited whether it's a plan for retirement or to get rich doesn't matter. I suggest you to make an equal investment on bitcoin and gold now, just have patience and give priority to gold as a long term investment. Surely within 5years time you'll be benefitted high from bitcoin. With this you can invest more on gold for your retirement if gold is the secured investment.
Not like it is faith based on nothingness, but rather on the intrinsic values of Bitcoin. The instability in price of Bitcoin is temporal, in the long run as the coins spreads to many more stakeholders against the few presently having some chunk of it, then the market  would most likely calm down. There is indeed time for everything on earth and I think gold have had its time, it's now the time for Bitcoin.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:35:33 PM

why not both of them ? i think with saving 20-30% your profit/money to gold always be a good choice, they already have their own market that can'be ruined by any other thing, even bitcoin i think. Old people and traditional people that can't use technology still hard to believe bitcoin is really exist, but who knows ? we are the next generation of old people, we can teach the next generation  Grin
I think a good idea by investing in both? Why not? If you have a lot of money you can share your money or the profits you get by investing in both. After all if the price of both goes up of course it can give double benefit to you rirght ?

Invest in both will give you less money if you invest in a 1 side then yes you will get more.If it is about Gold then you will get in small number of money from Gold if it is bitcoin then you will be one day millionaire by bitcoin. As it is going. Bitcoin is more powerful than gold in a debate. So therefore try to go for bitcoin.
Bitcoin is known as the new gold of new era. Because bitcoin has proved that bitcoin is better than gold in new era. Suppose what if we should gift bitcoin to our relatives in a huge events. If there is compression of gold and bitcoin. In a debate the award will be goes to bitcoin. Bitcoin has made a days of people. So yeah bitcoin is one of best in these days right now.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:54:45 PM

I'm going all with the bitcoin. That is why I'm here in thus form. To know bitcoin more and more and make myself confident about bitcoin investment. That would logical investment into bitcoin as I can get fiat money with all the interest earned with bitcoin over the time.
I think people who are in this forum or bitcoin users though there are some people who also invest in gold (including me) I still believe in gold although the price movement is quite slow I still believe that gold is a safe and profitable investment. Gold just for my side investment lol
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:11:51 PM

I'm going all with the bitcoin. That is why I'm here in thus form. To know bitcoin more and more and make myself confident about bitcoin investment. That would logical investment into bitcoin as I can get fiat money with all the interest earned with bitcoin over the time.
It is a better idea to stay all in bitcoin as with that you will earn a good profit in the near future. Some people here have advised for gold but I do not think that it wil be better as nowadays everyone have high expenditures and they will like to adopt a way to increase their earnings.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:26:56 PM

why not both of them ? i think with saving 20-30% your profit/money to gold always be a good choice, they already have their own market that can'be ruined by any other thing, even bitcoin i think. Old people and traditional people that can't use technology still hard to believe bitcoin is really exist, but who knows ? we are the next generation of old people, we can teach the next generation  Grin
I think a good idea by investing in both? Why not? If you have a lot of money you can share your money or the profits you get by investing in both. After all if the price of both goes up of course it can give double benefit to you rirght ?

Invest in both will give you less money if you invest in a 1 side then yes you will get more.If it is about Gold then you will get in small number of money from Gold if it is bitcoin then you will be one day millionaire by bitcoin. As it is going. Bitcoin is more powerful than gold in a debate. So therefore try to go for bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the Gold of the new era. This is due to the fact that bitcoin is having more worth than Gold. Gold cannot make you rich just by holding but bitcoin can for sure make you rich just by having some in your account. Because Bitcoin in increasing on daily basis. Where as gold is also increasing but as much as compared to gold. So that's why we say that bitcoin is the Gold of new era.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:58:11 PM

Lets say there are million of users of bitcoin i think there are still alot of people who holds gold instead,all people who have banks owns gold from the government and all rich people holds it,so i think bitcoins users is still less compared to gold users
Obviously gold is a good hedge for historical reasons, but most people who own gold own it in an exchange-traded fund, which frankly isn't any better than bitcoin.
This is the same problem of people holding large amount of coins in a web wallet, it is a mistake, most people that own gold have paper gold that is no better than any other paper asset, or they have stored their gold in banks or vaults owned by someone else that in a time of crisis they are  not going to be able to access, it is better to hold you gold and your bitcoins yourself.
Ardolafat

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:13:00 PM

Bitcoin is the Gold of the new era. This is due to the fact that bitcoin is having more worth than Gold. Gold cannot make you rich just by holding but bitcoin can for sure make you rich just by having some in your account. Because Bitcoin in increasing on daily basis. Where as gold is also increasing but as much as compared to gold. So that's why we say that bitcoin is the Gold of new era.

There is no doubt that bitcoin is a digital gold and people who are into bitcoins will prefer to hold their bitcoins for a long term as everyone knows that the price can reach to the moon in future which may never possible with gold as its very stable and couldn't go higher as bitcoins.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:38:28 PM

Bitcoin is the Gold of the new era. This is due to the fact that bitcoin is having more worth than Gold.
Bitcoin isn't worth more than Gold. It's pointless and completely irrelevant to compare Gold's troy ounce price with Bitcoin's whole unit price. Another point is that just because an asset has more value (which in this subject isn't the case at all) than the other, it doesn't automatically mean that it is better.

Gold cannot make you rich just by holding
In most cases this isn't even what people holding Gold are looking for...

but bitcoin can for sure make you rich just by having some in your account.
Define 'some'? In current times there is no such a thing as becoming rich anymore. Especially not when you consider that many people can't even afford 1 whole Bitcoin.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:59:54 PM

There is no doubt that bitcoin is a digital gold and people who are into bitcoins will prefer to hold their bitcoins for a long term as everyone knows that the price can reach to the moon in future which may never possible with gold as its very stable and couldn't go higher as bitcoins.
Nope I think gold also has great potential just like gold. Gold also has a number of limits in the earth and if it runs out then the gold price will explode but I do not know when the amount of gold in the earth will run out. Maybe hundreds of years but the gold potential is also great
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:28:39 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
I don't know the exact details but most of gold investors today are ready to change their investments to bitcoin.They clearly see that bitcoin has given huge returns to its investors and gold has not given to that extent.They had been investing in gold these much days since they didn't find any other assets to be safe and secure.But now they have a choice of investing in bitcoin which works in a secured block chain system.Gold has been hold for centuries.But bitcoin is very new.So its really hard for bitcoin to reach same volume of holders as that of gold holders.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:09:06 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
I don't know the exact details but most of gold investors today are ready to change their investments to bitcoin.They clearly see that bitcoin has given huge returns to its investors and gold has not given to that extent.They had been investing in gold these much days since they didn't find any other assets to be safe and secure.But now they have a choice of investing in bitcoin which works in a secured block chain system.Gold has been hold for centuries.But bitcoin is very new.So its really hard for bitcoin to reach same volume of holders as that of gold holders.
How sure are you with that? I bet some gold investors has no idea with bitcoin and they are already in the position where they make money in a safer way.
Bitcoin is too risky and if I only have a lot of money I would also choose gold over bitcoin since it's more stable and proven to be valuable for many years.

oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:21:59 AM

From person to person the understanding and the thinking change a lot. So this causes a difference of opinion with gold and bitcoin choosing which is the best. I prefer bitcoin, because of the profiting it provides in a very short time which we cannot expect with gold.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:49:22 PM

From person to person the understanding and the thinking change a lot. So this causes a difference of opinion with gold and bitcoin choosing which is the best. I prefer bitcoin, because of the profiting it provides in a very short time which we cannot expect with gold.
You can expect good returns in gold but it will take a lot of time before you see the results of that. Bitcoin is one of the best investment so far because of what you said, it gives profits in a short period of time which is the opposite of gold. So if a particular person wants to get some profits in a short time period then choosing bitcoin for investment is the best option.
Jako0203

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:55:00 PM

i may prefer holdings of bitcoins , than gold , if this is a literal gold i would love to keep it , if its not im on btc , because years pass by , it will be higher and higher , what im telling is the value of the bitcoin will be higher and higher
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:24:03 PM

i may prefer holdings of bitcoins , than gold , if this is a literal gold i would love to keep it , if its not im on btc , because years pass by , it will be higher and higher , what im telling is the value of the bitcoin will be higher and higher
those people who are welling to make money they will surely invest money in bitcoin, they dare to take risk, through which they can make a lot of money. to me i personally like to invest money in bitcoin so as to make good profit.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:44:42 PM

those people who are welling to make money they will surely invest money in bitcoin, they dare to take risk, through which they can make a lot of money. to me i personally like to invest money in bitcoin so as to make good profit.
So far investing money in bitcoin has proven good choice. Price of bitcoin has been only going up, and many people made money on that. Mixed with trading altcoins and holding bitcoins, people had made some serious money. For now maybe it is better to invest in bitcoin, but who can say how much will that last.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:59:11 AM

You are right that there is a possibility that bitcoin's price will be higher but it is still uncertain. We should not be contented because there is also a chance that it may fail and that crypto may suddenly dissapear.

In terms of holding, bitcoin is indeed a good investment and that it is much easier to have than gold.  They both have values in the market but gold is not easy to earn unlike bitcoin. We can earn bitcoin by joining signature campaigns and altcoins, trading, investing and etc. That is why, many would prefer to have and hold bitcoin instead of gold since bitcoin is achievable than gold.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: