Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:17:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-Central, first exchange licensed to operate with a bank. This is HUGE  (Read 191822 times)
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:03:23 PM

I will register as soon as you get the debit card Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:05:32 PM

Wow.  Big news indeed.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:10:04 PM

Actually, a real Bitcoin debit card (not the prepaid credit card that BitInstant calls a debit card...) would be awesome.

That is, balance is always in Bitcoins; deposit cash at an ATM to "buy" bitcoins automatically, or withdraw/spend it to "sell".

Davout, the site mentions a lack of fees to deposit MtGox codes, but I don't see any way to actually do it?

davout (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 06:14:16 PM

Actually, a real Bitcoin debit card (not the prepaid credit card that BitInstant calls a debit card...) would be awesome.

That is, balance is always in Bitcoins; deposit cash at an ATM to "buy" bitcoins automatically, or withdraw/spend it to "sell".

Davout, the site mentions a lack of fees to deposit MtGox codes, but I don't see any way to actually do it?
We're going towards a dual debit card, with EUR and BTC balances spendable.

Depositing MtGox codes is on our roadmap, (it's also technically developed) but we haven't rolled it out yet. We need to figure out the proper way to accept them without relying too much on MtGox. We would be in deep sh*t if we were holding a massive balance at MtGox and it suddenly went under. We will do it, but we will do it the right way, probably something along the lines of "Paymium takes the risk of a MtGox default by actually buying your code for EUR/USD when you deposit it". You see the problem ?

dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:15:59 PM

Nothing else comes to mind than : "Thank you guys!"

No, thank you. This is biggest news of the year!
Bitexchange

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 06:16:38 PM

Dont get me wrong, i think this is good news, considering it will make you more 'legal'.
But then im still sceptical, as you said, you have to learn alot about that P2P business and your provider has to learn about bitcoins, it will be interessting to see how that works out.
For example, i would expect ALOT of fraud going on from your 'customers' once you do IBAN accounts with just ID scans, noone else offers this, and especially not in combination with a no-chargeback currency.
People will abuse your service like crazy to get bitcoins from ebay scams etc.
Maybe you got KYC policies in place to prevent that, but then i would openly write about it and not just say 'a normal ID will be enough to get verified'.
Because thats how MtGox does it, not ask for ID at all but they could at any moment require notarized passports etc which some people cant get or dont want to send to them.
If you are planing to do it in a similar way then i bet we get alot of angry threads after the initital hype  Undecided
BitcoinSuite

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 06:33:54 PM

This is the most significant development in the btc world since it's inception. Making headlines!
davout (OP)
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 06:34:39 PM

Abuse will happen, our job will be to adapt.
Policies are never set in stone and need to adapt to the evolution of threats.

Maybe you got KYC policies in place to prevent that, but then i would openly write about it and not just say 'a normal ID will be enough to get verified'.
Requiring an ID is already a KYC policy.

Because thats how MtGox does it, not ask for ID at all but they could at any moment require notarized passports etc which some people cant get or dont want to send to them.
If you are planing to do it in a similar way then i bet we get alot of angry threads after the initital hype  Undecided
As per our ToS we may require additionnal documentation from users if the need arises.
It is never nice to be in the position of having to submit additional documentation but it can happen.
Promising never to do it would be a lie. We can not promise that.
What we can promise is that we'll do our f**ing best for everyone to have to most pleasant experience possible.

Maybe one day we won't be needed anymore, maybe one day fiat will belong in museums. Maybe one day these regulations will be gone.
But that's something that we can only collectively make happen. And I feel that, today, we made a step in the right direction.

BitcoinSuite

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 06:37:07 PM

For example, i would expect ALOT of fraud going on from your 'customers' once you do IBAN accounts with just ID

These guys are running a BANK. I am sure they can figure it out.
davout (OP)
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 06:39:43 PM

For example, i would expect ALOT of fraud going on from your 'customers' once you do IBAN accounts with just ID

To be precise we partnered with a licensed PSP in such a way that we are allowed to do most of what banks do.

Bitexchange

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 06:42:39 PM

Maybe one day we won't be needed anymore, maybe one day fiat will belong in museums. Maybe one day these regulations will be gone.
But that's something that we can only collectively make happen. And I feel that, today, we made a step in the right direction.

Agreed!  Smiley

They have partnered with a PSP, which isnt exactly 'running a bank', but i still wish them luck, they will need it in any case.

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 06:43:47 PM

Great job Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
BitcoinSuite

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 06:46:42 PM

To be precise we partnered with a licensed PSP in such a way that we are allowed to do most of what banks do.

The whole fact that such negotiations are underway is mind blowing step forward for the currency, no need to play it down!
Thank you for the clarification though, not too familiar with French banking regulation:)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:50:17 PM

I'd love for my lawyer to get with your lawyers to let my lawyer copycat whateverthehell it was that got you that status.
Gerco

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:51:45 PM

This is awesome! Too bad there isn't much USD business going on yet, but that will likely change over time. All we need now is a cheap way of getting BTC here in the US (way too high fees on everything that I know of) and I won't have to carry cash across borders to avoid extortionary bank wire fees!

Seriously, charging a combined total of $60-$80 for transferring some money to Europe (about half of that in US, the other half in EU)?!?!?!

OTC: gercod | Tip jar: 1KNxsZNsGf8RXbnjtiJN84kYVejSeK4bD8 | GPG Key: 8DA261EC572065FD
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 07:07:39 PM

AWESOME!!!

so...um, what does this mean?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:08:52 PM

Dont get me wrong, i think this is good news, considering it will make you more 'legal'.
But then im still sceptical, as you said, you have to learn alot about that P2P business and your provider has to learn about bitcoins, it will be interessting to see how that works out.
For example, i would expect ALOT of fraud going on from your 'customers' once you do IBAN accounts with just ID scans, noone else offers this, and especially not in combination with a no-chargeback currency.

Obviously every great leap forward has the potential to encounter a wall with steel spikes on it.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:17:38 PM

I give it two months before there are real problems between Paysius and their fiat banking partners.  It won't be their fault, of course, but this will not last.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Bitexchange

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 07:25:08 PM

I give it two months before there are real problems between Paysius and their fiat banking partners.  It won't be their fault, of course, but this will not last.

I feel the same, it wont last.
They will have to make a damn good job to proove us wrong.
genuise

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 07:28:02 PM

Will it be possible for a US citizen to open an account and use direct deposit to buy bitcoins?

Congratulations. Sounds amazing.
To use the services mentioned, debit card etc, do I have to live in the EU, or France, or is it available to everyone?

We won't have limitations regarding the citizenship of our clients.

Does it mean the non EU citizens can open an account? I am from Ukraine.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: