Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-Central, first exchange licensed to operate with a bank. This is HUGE  (Read 191822 times)
davout (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 06:57:45 AM

As far as I know, Satoshi was not in the habit of asking permission from "authorities" before writing software .... you, on the other hand, appear to be.
Permission was neither asked, nor granted.
There's really nothing to allow or forbid about Bitcoin.

There are, however, quite a few rules to handling fiat currency on behalf of third parties without getting in trouble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 08:38:10 AM

... and then there won't be links with the old rails, and Bitcoin will be far weaker and less useful.
Arguments?

I don't think bitcoin will be weaker and less useful. Just the opposite. The less effective is the interface between bitcoin and fiat money the faster will be bitcoin adoption and transition to new monetary system! Which transition is best for the society? The avalanche style transition or slowly melting glacier? My take on this is that sometimes you have to make a revolutionary change if you want to succeed. Sometimes evolution just gives you less chances to succeed and at the end will be much more expensive for the society. Wasn't it better to let banks fail in 2008?
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 09:00:22 AM

... and then there won't be links with the old rails, and Bitcoin will be far weaker and less useful.
Arguments?

I don't think bitcoin will be weaker and less useful. Just the opposite. The less effective is the interface between bitcoin and fiat money the faster will be bitcoin adoption and transition to new monetary system! Which transition is best for the society? The avalanche style transition or slowly melting glacier? My take on this is that sometimes you have to make a revolutionary change if you want to succeed. Sometimes evolution just gives you less chances to succeed and at the end will be much more expensive for the society. Wasn't it better to let banks fail in 2008?

Different people are going to do different things.  Adjust.  The end is still the same, is it not?  Let them spin their wheels, and you just do your best to roll with the punches that they attract.  And let them do the same when your actions attract the wrong kind of attention.  You are not their keeper, nor are they yours.  This argument is futile.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
davout (OP)
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 09:08:29 AM

My take on this is that sometimes you have to make a revolutionary change if you want to succeed.
True, I made mine, have fun, make yours Smiley

Different people are going to do different things.  Adjust.  The end is still the same, is it not?  Let them spin their wheels, and you just do your best to roll with the punches that they attract. And let them do the same when your actions attract the wrong kind of attention.  You are not their keeper, nor are they yours.  This argument is futile.
Yup

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 09:48:23 AM

My take on this is that sometimes you have to make a revolutionary change if you want to succeed.
Déjà vu. Smiley

I'm just returning from where you're going to and I'm having fun. This is good we both have fun. Good luck entering the world of 'real' bankers and telling other people this is a revolutionary change.

I know that pressure against all 'classic' bitcoin exchanges from local authorities is increasing and will further increase. So, I can't really blame you. Just make sure you're really capable of looking at bitcoin-central from a banker's point of view. Make no mistake; it's a cat and mouse game.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 09:50:50 AM

Good answer. This is a disturbingly recurring theme on these forums. In here, in the thread about jgarzig, and in countless other threads, people keep posting from the safety of their bitmines why other people are not running their revolution for them. It's like they're playing a video game. "Press X to start revolution".
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:08:52 AM

This is a disturbingly recurring theme on these forums.
You're disturbingly recurring on every forum I post. Take a break!
greyhawk

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:14:25 AM

Your attempts to regulate my freedom of expression have been noted and added to your list of crimes against humanity. We advice you to decide on a wall of your choice to stand against in due time, good sir. *presses X*
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:37:41 AM

We advice you to decide on a wall of your choice to stand against in due time, good sir. *presses X*
You should have pressed 'Y' or 'Z'. The 'X' was my TV channel. Wife and kids get nervous without TV.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 01:28:15 PM

I don't see what the big deal is, someone was gonna do it eventually, unless you make laws and regulations about no regulations  Wink. Nothing about bitcoin is changing, just more options for people to handle their money. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 01:29:21 PM

While I, personally, don't agree that one bitcoin based business making agreements with establishment institutions in Europe has any great effect upon Bitcoin as a whole; I also don't view such a developement as automaticly a positive one.  Furthermore, I don't believe that you will actually be permitted to succeed.  If such a development actually is a net positive for Bitcoin, you will be undermined to your final bankruptcy at least.  If such a development survives six months, I will take that to mean that it's a net negative for Bitcoin, and avoid you like the plague.

I can certainly see the "you won't be allowed to succeed" angle, but isn't your reasoning as explained faulty? "If I find five dollars at the bottom of my soup bowl I will take it as a miracle and believe in God but if I don't it's clear proof God is upset with me" sort of thing?

Bitcoin companies that deal with fiat are different than bitcoin itself.

I think this entire "television set is different from television network and they're both different from television" concept is very difficult for some readers.

Your attempts to regulate my freedom of expression have been noted and added to your list of crimes against humanity. We advice you to decide on a wall of your choice to stand against in due time, good sir. *presses X*

Press X for "you try and fuck with greyhawk, I lol".

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
mpfrank

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

Cosmic Cubist

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:21:39 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2012, 03:03:45 AM by mpfrank

Looking at the "Step 1 - Identification documents" page...

So, how do we know this isn't a scam to collect images of people's drivers' licenses/passports for purposes of making fake IDs...  Just playing Devil's Advocate here...   Smiley

(P.S.  It's "asymmetric," not "ass-ymmetric".)

If all the sovereign non-cryptocurrencies will eventually collapse from hyperinflation, you can't afford *not* to invest in Bitcoin...  See my blog at http://minetopics.blogspot.com/ .

Donations accepted at:  17twYNyqTiCTM2gJmumkytvhZh4sCVSKNH
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 08:29:29 AM

So, how do we know this isn't a scam to collect images of people's drivers' licenses/passports for purposes of making fake IDs...  Just playing Devil's Advocate here...   Smiley

Cause they're French. They don't have the technology.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 11:38:26 AM

Grass in, shit out. All you really need, biological calculation.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 12:46:24 PM

Given what http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex.php looks like and the lack of innovation there, I wouldn't bring up this subject if I were you. Plus "having" technology when most of the available tech is now open source doesn't mean much.

I'm French and given that for years you have used some of my code (no I won't tell) without even knowing it I can patronize you, suck it up Grin

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
greyhawk

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:12:01 PM

I'm French and given that for years you have used some of my code (no I won't tell) without even knowing it I can patronize you, suck it up Grin

Is it the Napoleonic Code?
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:13:11 PM

Given what http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex.php looks like and the lack of innovation there, I wouldn't bring up this subject if I were you. Plus "having" technology when most of the available tech is now open source doesn't mean much.

I was preparing a scathing retort but then I got as far as where you listed your misfortunes and my heart broke.

davout (OP)
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 02:31:23 PM

I was preparing a scathing retort but then I got as far as where you listed your misfortunes and my heart broke.
Your what?

jl2035

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:39:50 PM

I don't see what the big deal is, someone was gonna do it eventually, unless you make laws and regulations about no regulations  Wink. Nothing about bitcoin is changing, just more options for people to handle their money.  
I see what the big deal is, but I also agree that eventually someone was gonna do it.

JOIN Bitbiz bitbiz.io
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 10:37:47 PM

Your what?

Ahaha. My Kaaba rock.

But seriously now, I take it all back, there's nothing wrong with French tech. They invented the kiss after all, how bad can it be.

Just don't ever drive a Peugeot.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: