Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:30:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:22:45 PM

I can't believe that ETH keeps rising and rising. It is already above 0.01 BTC and could go up to 0.02 BTC in a few days. Everyone needs to be careful on ETH now, it could pop and go back to 0.006 again.

I completely ignore that pump.
This is just crazy and everyone knows it will be heavily dumped.
So this is a pretty hot piece of iron I wouldn't touch.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 07:16:24 PM

Has anyone, anywhere ever been able to correctly peg the price of an altcoin using the sort of logic in the post above mine?
I've seen lots and lots of "coin x should be worth y because..." - is there any evidence that anyone has actually made a correct prediction in this manner, in all the years of btc/crypto?

Nubits has been pegged to 1$ per 1 NBT for nearly 1.5 years now, and they never lost the peg. I'm more bullish on nubits/nushares than on ETH.

As for the ETH bubble, it seems to be popping now. Damn that poloniex did get a lot of profit from the volume. There are too many coins in that faulty exchange right now, it gets too much attention due to the ether bubble. I have some coins in poloniex and I am selling them all right now for BTC and withdrawing everything from polo because poloniex may get hacked soon. It has been hacked before and history tells us that hacks have a larger potential to happen when some of the coins on the exchange is skyrocketing. The impending hack itself may cause the eth bubble to burst.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
houseo

Activity: 180
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 07:41:24 PM

Nubits has been pegged to 1$ per 1 NBT for nearly 1.5 years now, and they never lost the peg. I'm more bullish on nubits/nushares than on ETH.

How can you be bullish on nubits? If it works as planned you buy it for $1 and it is worth $1. Where is the potential gain?
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:00:55 PM

As for the ETH bubble, it seems to be popping now. Damn that poloniex did get a lot of profit from the volume. There are too many coins in that faulty exchange right now, it gets too much attention due to the ether bubble. I have some coins in poloniex and I am selling them all right now for BTC and withdrawing everything from polo because poloniex may get hacked soon. It has been hacked before and history tells us that hacks have a larger potential to happen when some of the coins on the exchange is skyrocketing. The impending hack itself may cause the eth bubble to burst.

What causes you to say Polly is faulty? I've noticed problems with the orderbook refreshing with this large volume and have had the occasional transaction failed message when placing an order, but not much else.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 08:21:20 PM

How can you be bullish on nubits? If it works as planned you buy it for $1 and it is worth $1. Where is the potential gain?

I didn't say I'm bullish only on nubits, I said I was bullish on nubits/nushares. The profit that nubits network makes is shared between the nushareholders.

What causes you to say Polly is faulty? I've noticed problems with the orderbook refreshing with this large volume and have had the occasional transaction failed message when placing an order, but not much else.

I never trust an exchange that has a record of being hacked in the past and lately when I tried to withdraw ~5 bitcoins the TX showed up as FAIL and I only got the coins several hours later after submitting a support request ticket. While this in itself is not a grave error it indicates poor business practices and shows lack of professionalism. Combine the latter with the fact that the exchange has a lot of attention due to the ETH bubble and has 5000 BTC in buy orders visible to everyone, it has suddenly become an exchange of the highest hack risk. What is worse, the excchange could already be hacked or is insolvent but since everyone keeps sending BTC to them to buy ETH they can keep the scam going. I'd suggest everyone to withdraw ASAP because you only own the coins that are in your wallet. Another red flag is the fact that ETH even doesn't have a proper wallet, which means that a lot of people are holding all their coins on the exchange and not in their wallets.

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:30:27 PM

when I tried to withdraw ~5 bitcoins the TX showed up as FAIL and I only got the coins several hours later after submitting a support request ticket. While this in itself is not a grave error it indicates poor business practices and shows lack of professionalism. Combine the latter with the fact that the exchange has a lot of attention due to the ETH bubble and has 5000 BTC in buy orders visible to everyone, it has suddenly become an exchange of the highest hack risk.

Duly noted. Never happy to hear of transactions failing. One thing I noticed also with the BTC deposits is that you can't generate a new address, which is a pretty bad security practice.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 08:49:49 PM

Do you have any other forum threads, info, sources on this, or is this just pure speculation / paranoia from yourself?  I read about the last hack, but they were very transparent and updated their security measures.  

If you never trust an exchange that's been previously hacked, I wonder what airlines you fly?  Do you drive?  All of those have proven faults in the past.  I would actually trust an exchange based on their customer support, willingness to be transparent, and speed of responses.  Whether or not they have had issues is not relevant.  For example, I despise Coinbase... worst customer support ever, and even though I haven't had major issues, I'm glad I got out of there.

Yes this is my personal paranoia and I don't care if others don't follow it. And no, I don't fly nor drive a car. I prefer walking and a bus. And no I don't trust any other centralized exchanges either. I withdraw the coins as quickly as possible or when I sense that things might get ugly.

edit:
for the record, I just received my 1.2 BTC from poloniex so now I have zero coins on that exchange, let's wait and see now how the ETH bubble bursts Cheesy I think it's already happening.

thms (OP)

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:39:48 PM

Do you have any other forum threads, info, sources on this, or is this just pure speculation / paranoia from yourself?  I read about the last hack, but they were very transparent and updated their security measures.  

If you never trust an exchange that's been previously hacked, I wonder what airlines you fly?  Do you drive?  All of those have proven faults in the past.  I would actually trust an exchange based on their customer support, willingness to be transparent, and speed of responses.  Whether or not they have had issues is not relevant.  For example, I despise Coinbase... worst customer support ever, and even though I haven't had major issues, I'm glad I got out of there.

Yes this is my personal paranoia and I don't care if others don't follow it. And no, I don't fly nor drive a car. I prefer walking and a bus. And no I don't trust any other centralized exchanges either. I withdraw the coins as quickly as possible or when I sense that things might get ugly.

edit:
for the record, I just received my 1.2 BTC from poloniex so now I have zero coins on that exchange, let's wait and see now how the ETH bubble bursts Cheesy I think it's already happening.

The only thing that happened is that you lost money. Now = 0.0113  Grin
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 09:41:57 PM

Hopefully for the sake of your opinion, you live in a large city where using public transportation is the norm.  Otherwise, you sound like a nutcase if you avoid planes and cars for safety, and if not for safety, then I would surmise that you are a poor peasant who cannot afford it, in which case I would not care about your opinions or valuations of any digital currency, cryptocurrency or exchange.

I have far more than 1.2BTC on Polo, but I will still heed your warning, regardless of how crazy your rationale.  Thanks.

Yeah, I lied.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 10:06:43 PM

I can't believe that ETH keeps rising and rising. It is already above 0.01 BTC and could go up to 0.02 BTC in a few days. Everyone needs to be careful on ETH now, it could pop and go back to 0.006 again.

Yes, despite ETH not being used in major ways the price increase is somewhat illogical. Some whales banks could be behind it waiting for the right price for them to sell their coins.

FYP

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 10:34:11 PM

...let's wait and see now how the ETH bubble bursts Cheesy I think it's already happening.

Also, I think you spoke too soon.

Yes, I'm now changing my stance on ETH since I just received new information about the situation. I am no longer expecting a cold hard crash but more or less stabilization at higher prices than seen previously. This pump was meant to bring ETH to the 2nd place in CMC. I know it because I foresaw it but decided not to react upon it. But when I saw an article about ETH being on the 2nd place now I knew that my gut feeling was right and this is in fact a pump for the CMC rating rather than a typical pump and dump. It is more of a marketing stunt. But since the market is already in ecstasy, I'm not buying any ETH until the situation has stabilized at whatever prices. If ETH is going to rule the world then this won't be the last surge in its prices anyway, so I can afford to miss it this time.

kutaka

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 10:53:33 PM

This IPO premine coin is getting some attention. I'm not buying into premine coins, but I might observe.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:36:24 PM

I bought the ICO which paid off great. It's one of the only ones I have ever bought. Something about it seemed great. ETH is pretty expensive now. even if it goes to 1 billion you're only making 400% profit and such a huge gamble.

I like BTC also so I'm keeping it.

What's I'm doing is moving my USD into $EXP. It looks to be a top quality clone of Ethereum. If it could even get to 1% of what Ethereum is then that would be a MASSIVE profit! I think the odds EXP get's popular are pretty high so definitely that's what I'm buying right now. With Ethereum going PoS I think that makes it even easier for EXP to be really secure and useful.

EXP is on Poloniex and bittrex.

I have ETH & BTC already so now I want EXP.

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:46:43 PM

Hi it's me again hehe. You don't have to believe in god to make money out of it, just saying. Just set your stop limits and you'll be fine, this is going up, the sky is the limit. Today it has a huge dip below 0.01 but recover with flying colors, I shorted, gain a lot of money and bought back cheap, then it hit almost 0.013...

The bottomline is buy and hold no matter what, just put 1 BTC or whatever you have, what's the worst it can happen, that you lose $100? Those figures are just an example, invest accordingly to what you can afford to lose.
loki0505

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:40:54 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/ether-continues-rally-breaks-shapeshift-volume-record/

Ether Continues Rally, Breaks ShapeShift Volume Record
megadeth

Activity: 289
Merit: 252

bagholder since 2013

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:58:12 AM

Using this opportunity to learn investor psychology in a bubble. Have a plan and stick to it.

bagholder since 2013
My sig space is not for sale.
julek

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 06:31:07 AM

In my personal opinion we'll see $2 - $2.50 before touching $10.
One way or another - the long-term price direction is clearly upward.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 06:42:00 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2016, 06:55:07 AM by hdbuck

LMao 5$ per ether?! Wtf is it even usefull for? Wtf wtf wtf!! People wtf! Why so much money spent on vaporware tokens? Wtf!
Picturs

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:24:26 AM

In my personal opinion we'll see $2 - $2.50 before touching $10.
One way or another - the long-term price direction is clearly upward.

Do you mean the price will drop from $4.5 to $2? It think it is possible. The price has risen to fast. It needs consolidation.
zmhaha

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:33:55 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/ether-continues-rally-breaks-shapeshift-volume-record/

Ether Continues Rally, Breaks ShapeShift Volume Record

This is a proof that this is not a pump a dump. These are the people that are diversifying from BTC into ETH. Ordinary people. Pump and dumpers are not using shapeshift.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: