May 02, 2024, 09:22:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Lucas Johannesburg

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:21:33 AM

FUD typically turns into FOMO.

Verge is solid.

Anything is solid until it's not.

My Fomo is not buying 20Mil at 2 sats.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:16:23 AM

Can't I use any other Crypto Currency on the Tor browser and make all my Crypto transactions untraceable?
Isn't that What Tor Browser is for?

short answer, no. our electrum wallets are connecting to hidden services, not clearnet nodes. same for our android wallet.

wraith will have much more than just tor though. not sure if you read the paper or not.

Tor services have been available for Bitcoin Electrum since at least 2012:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113116.0

You can generally run any Bitcoin clone over Tor in the core GUI wallet:
Bitcoin can run easily on the Tor network.

Stealth addresses are a wallet feature (not a protocol one) that have been available to use on Bitcoin and clones since at least 2013:
http://sx.dyne.org/stealth.html
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/dark-wallet-walkthrough-1414730735/
https://www.darkwallet.is/

None of this is fear-mongering, uncertain, or doubtful. What is doubtful is whether Verge offers any additional privacy over Bitcoin. I'd say probably not just based on the sheer volume of transactions within the Bitcoin network and the lack of any transactions on the Verge network - the majority of Verge blocks only have one tx (the coinbase), and most with more only have one additional tx, while Bitcoin is averaging around 1800 txs per block.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 05:55:33 AM

Can't I use any other Crypto Currency on the Tor browser and make all my Crypto transactions untraceable?

short answer, no. our electrum wallets are connecting to hidden services, not clearnet nodes. same for our android wallet.

wraith will have much more than just tor though. not sure if you read the paper or not.

Stealth addresses are a wallet feature (not a protocol one) that have been available to use on Bitcoin and clones since at least 2013:

None of this is fear-mongering, uncertain, or doubtful. What is doubtful is whether Verge offers any additional privacy over Bitcoin. I'd say probably not just based on the sheer volume of transactions within the Bitcoin network and the lack of any transactions on the Verge network - the majority of Verge blocks only have one tx (the coinbase), and most with more only have one additional tx, while Bitcoin is averaging around 1800 txs per block.

i guess you'll have to see.. i can say we wont be adding ring sigs yet, as theyve been proven essentially worthless how

theyre implemented now, as in moneros case: http://monerolink.com/monerolink.pdf

and yes, vertcoin was the first to implement stealth in their core wallet.

also, we were the first to implement i2p electrum ;]

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
ShadowBitsLTD

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:55:04 PM

i guess you'll have to see.. i can say we wont be adding ring sigs yet, as theyve been proven essentially worthless how

theyre implemented now, as in moneros case: http://monerolink.com/monerolink.pdf

and yes, vertcoin was the first to implement stealth in their core wallet.

also, we were the first to implement i2p electrum ;]

If not already said before, I2P > Tor
sizirlihll

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:56:31 PM

the price was too low
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:48:04 PM

has there been some kind of fork or update in the XVG blockchain last weekend?

why do I ask... zpool X17 stopped working, zpool says it has something to do with the XVG wallet to resync after a fork. I think this is rather weird because today X17 stopped working at zpool and worked fine yesterday (oct 15) and I read nothing about an XVG fork or update (or did I miss something?)
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 05:52:35 PM

why do I ask... zpool X17 stopped working, zpool says it has something to do with the XVG wallet to resync after a fork. I think this is rather weird because today X17 stopped working at zpool and worked fine yesterday (oct 15) and I read nothing about an XVG fork or update (or did I miss something?)

no, there is no fork on the XVG network. we've made updates to our master branch, but they're working smoothly and have been tested. maybe they can clarify?

wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:59:31 PM

no, there is no fork on the XVG network. we've made updates to our master branch, but they're working smoothly and have been tested. maybe they can clarify?

I found it hard to believe about the fork. But anyway, they are fixing it by resyncing their xvg wallet and X17 will be up soon on zpool (great pool by the way). Maybe it has just bad choice of words by zpool (when I asked about it) on twitter  Grin I guess it was just a crash of the XVG wallet on their server.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 08:54:56 PM

Verge is solid.

I agree verge is solid and price is more tempting now.
is there any upcoming news or release coming?

of course. should have a big update to the core tonight sometime.

gvozdik

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:44:46 AM

Hi, will new roadmap or where I can see upcoming news for future? On page is max till august. Thanks
nick1492

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:32:57 AM

Verge is solid.

I have mined a lot of coins and traded a lot of coins. But I keep coming back to verge. I hold verge. Because it  has great community. If  the coin is supported by community and Devs are improving.

coin community + great marketing + Devs continued development = Success

It will really equal to success. But it does takes time.

jennal

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:15:30 AM

Sorry guys but for me this crypto is soo way overvaluated. I can see much anonymous cryptocurrencies arround so the competition is hard and cant see Verge edge..
Monero, Zcash, Pivx, DeepOnion, hard to keep up IMO
Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:26:09 PM

Sorry guys but for me this crypto is soo way overvaluated. I can see much anonymous cryptocurrencies arround so the competition is hard and cant see Verge edge..

Why come to this thread just to say that? If you don't want to invest in something that is fine, your choice, but to bash something just for the sake of it is ridiculous. It is not overvalued in the slightest, it is way undervalued when you compare XVG to the other privacy coins. You mention DeepOnion but that is new, XVG has been around for far longer. Most of those crytocurrencies you mention should be keeping up with XVG, not the other way around. Your comment suggests other projects are better or have been around longer, which is far from the truth. It has not taken off as well as people hoped just yet, but anything can happen and big things are yet to come. The dev is very active and XVG has a huge community. It has already been successful in its own right.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 01:51:32 PM

Why come to this thread just to say that? If you don't want to invest in something that is fine, your choice, but to bash something just for the sake of it is ridiculous. It is not overvalued in the slightest, it is way undervalued when you compare XVG to the other privacy coins. You mention DeepOnion but that is new, XVG has been around for far longer. Most of those crytocurrencies you mention should be keeping up with XVG, not the other way around. Your comment suggests other projects are better or have been around longer, which is far from the truth. It has not taken off as well as people hoped just yet, but anything can happen and big things are yet to come. The dev is very active and XVG has a huge community. It has already been successful in its own right.

lol half the coins he just named have nothing in terms of privacy

Lucas Johannesburg

Activity: 128

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:55:22 PM

Yah but those coins he named are prospering nonetheless.
ShadowBitsLTD

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:59:55 PM

Tell me more about this "prospering" you mention.  What defines it?
Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:20:28 PM

Tell me more about this "prospering" you mention.  What defines it?

I was going to ask the same question. Cryptocurrency was never created to make everybody rich, it is founded on technology. My idea of prospering is the project having value in its tech and purpose, the making money part is a side effect of the project doing well, not the be-all and end-all. On that basis, the other coins mentioned are doing no better. I back Verge because I like the tech, the dev and the ongoing development. I of course want to see the value rise eventually (we all like money) and I am sure it will, but being worth a dollar or so does not necessarily make a coin better than other coins. It just means it is more profitable for traders. Fingers crossed that XVG does well in the future...value wise, because it actually earned it. I'm sure the miners want rewarding too. Smiley
Jeantheboy

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

I love argumentation.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 07:33:32 AM

Which half?

Use Binance for day trading, and for buying-and-holding blockchain assets. Exchange fee is only 0.1%.
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10262180
Yurigia

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:50:05 AM

Verge is solid.

of course. should have a big update to the core tonight sometime.

Hi Dev..!!

In the updated roadmap documnt release at the beginning of October, Verge team say that Wraith will be ready for October... following your work now, can you confirm it..??
BonTonPlease

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:49:35 PM

Well said. But you find these people visiting other threads just to bash way too often. Sadly, it's part of the game (and of human nature I guess...)

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: