May 06, 2024, 07:24:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843553 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
psiksenz

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:02:16 PM

Holding a few hundred thousand, I will continue to buy at these low prices, please keep working hard on this project (and spill the beans on the cryptic message above)

Grin

I agree, what did the message say?  My cryptography is a little rusty! :p

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cointech77

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:13:26 AM

Android app wallet?
Alp88

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:34:21 AM

Little teaser of huge XVG release. Feel free to decrypt Smiley

Has anyone decrypted this? Smiley

Cryptomath

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:40:41 AM

Is it possible to mine Verge with my AMD Radeon R9 290x?

Or is it limited to NVIDIA (And why is would that be? Would that have a technical reason?) since in the first thread of the post is only written how to mine on NVIDIA?
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:41:25 AM

Is it possible to mine Verge with my AMD Radeon R9 290x?

Or is it limited to NVIDIA (And why is would that be? Would that have a technical reason?) since in the first thread of the post is only written how to mine on NVIDIA?

yes, you can mine on the R9 290x.   just use cgminer (or similar) with the scrypt trigger.

might have been faster to try it, than wait for me to respond tho lol Smiley

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
futuristishe

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:06:01 PM

Good day, when it is planned to implement Verge transfer over telegram service? Huh
nubbins7

Activity: 566
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:50:55 PM

I just downloaded the blockchain but the wallet is taking kinda long to open
it has been about 25 minutes.
johncroc1

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:11:18 PM

Once I download the Verge Debian Wallet and extract the contents, I get VERGEd and VERGE-qt.  What now?

Are they the compiled executables for the daemon and the gui wallet?  Do I just make them executable (chmod u+x)and run them?

yes those are compiled binaries. although if you're running debian you could just compile it yourself, its fairly quick and easy.

I'm having trouble.  I downloaded from GitHub and compiled my own binaries.  I started the wallet and after ten seconds it went gray (as if it was busy doing something). I assumed that was the "wait until I am synched with the network" behavior.  It has now been running for several days and is still gray.  I don't see that it's making any connections.  This machine has several wallets on it, and they all are connecting and syncing just fine.

What do I need to do to get my Verge wallet working?  Or at least what do I need to report here to get some help troubleshooting?

JC

what kind of ram/cpu do you have? do you have several wallets running at once? try downloading the chain from vergecurrency.de and putting it in the ~/.VERGE data directory

also what version of debian? what version of boost, openssl, and bdb are you using?

I7-7700K/16 GB (CPU load is ~5-8% on 7 cores, 40% on the eighth core, All of the RAM is used and about 8 GB of swap)
Yes.  Running 4 other wallets
I will try downloading the block chain and putting it in the directory you suggest
Ubuntu 16.04, I keep the OS and installed software very up-to-date (semi-weekly), but I will verify versions of boost, openssl, bdb.
Since all of the ram is used, I think I will try starting ONLY the Verge wallet after downloading the block chain and report back the result.

Thank you for your help and for giving me some things to check/try!

[EDIT]
Versions:
Boost - 1_58
openssl - 1.0.2g
I can't find a way to verify the version of dbd.  Whatever comes with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS...I haven't changed it.

I realized after all the install/delete cycles I've been through, I did not create a VERGE.conf after my last build.  So I tried to run VERGEd to get the output to create one and discovered VERGEd does not provide any output (different behavior than I've had before)...
Not sure what might be wrong there but found an old VERGE.conf in the trash and am going to try it.  Since this is a new wallet setup I don't have anything to lose if it doesn't work, but am wondering if this is going to mess things up down the road when I'm actually trying to use the wallet to store coins, and also wondering why I do not get output from '''./VERGEd''' and if THAT could be a problem that needs to be fixed before I will be able to get this working.  Thoughts?
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 05:13:50 PM

Once I download the Verge Debian Wallet and extract the contents, I get VERGEd and VERGE-qt.  What now?

Are they the compiled executables for the daemon and the gui wallet?  Do I just make them executable (chmod u+x)and run them?

yes those are compiled binaries. although if you're running debian you could just compile it yourself, its fairly quick and easy.

I'm having trouble.  I downloaded from GitHub and compiled my own binaries.  I started the wallet and after ten seconds it went gray (as if it was busy doing something). I assumed that was the "wait until I am synched with the network" behavior.  It has now been running for several days and is still gray.  I don't see that it's making any connections.  This machine has several wallets on it, and they all are connecting and syncing just fine.

What do I need to do to get my Verge wallet working?  Or at least what do I need to report here to get some help troubleshooting?

JC

what kind of ram/cpu do you have? do you have several wallets running at once? try downloading the chain from vergecurrency.de and putting it in the ~/.VERGE data directory

also what version of debian? what version of boost, openssl, and bdb are you using?

I7-7700K/16 GB (CPU load is ~5-8% on 7 cores, 40% on the eighth core, All of the RAM is used and about 8 GB of swap)
I will try downloading the block chain and putting it in the directory you suggest
Ubuntu 16.04, I keep the OS and installed software very up-to-date (semi-weekly), but I will verify versions of boost, openssl, bdb.
Since all of the ram is used, I think I will try starting ONLY the Verge wallet after downloading the block chain and report back the result.

[EDIT]
Versions:
Boost - 1_58
openssl - 1.0.2g
I can't find a way to verify the version of dbd.  Whatever comes with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS...I haven't changed it.

I realized after all the install/delete cycles I've been through, I did not create a VERGE.conf after my last build.  So I tried to run VERGEd to get the output to create one and discovered VERGEd does not provide any output (different behavior than I've had before)...
Not sure what might be wrong there but found an old VERGE.conf in the trash and am going to try it.  Since this is a new wallet setup I don't have anything to lose if it doesn't work, but am wondering if this is going to mess things up down the road when I'm actually trying to use the wallet to store coins, and also wondering why I do not get output from '''./VERGEd''' and if THAT could be a problem that needs to be fixed before I will be able to get this working.  Thoughts?

verged has no output unless you send it rpc calls. it does require a VERGE.conf in the datadirectory with at least rpcuser and rpcpassword configured.

to make rpc calls, you'd do this: ./VERGEd getinfo (returns general network info)

or  ./VERGEd getbalance (returns balance of wallet)

etc..

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
winding-coils

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:39:58 PM

Hope xvg will get added to binance..
would request everyone to vote for it
Done  Smiley
Rijakolus

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:54:57 PM

Done  Smiley

Damn seems we will lose Hitbtc vote :/, but look how many people voted on twitter... 30k+. If that many people would vote on binance we can surely win there... We are already in the leas, so guys vote BINANCE GOGO

https://www.binance.com/vote.html
winding-coils

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:59:19 PM

Done  Smiley

Damn seems we will lose Hitbtc vote :/, but look how many people voted on twitter... 30k+. If that many people would vote on binance we can surely win there... We are already in the leas, so guys vote BINANCE GOGO

You guys that have twitter maybe spread awareness there that they can go to BINANCE to vote again!
Rijakolus

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:03:28 PM

Guys,

Vote for verge on HITBTC. Dgb is again in the lead.

https://twitter.com/hitbtc

Ericktofer

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:50:48 PM

Done  Smiley

You guys that have twitter maybe spread awareness there that they can go to BINANCE to vote again!

voted.....
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:42:32 PM

Done  Smiley

voted.....

Need more votes on Twitter:

47%Vergecurrency (XVG)

50%Digibyte (DGB)

02%BitcoinPlus (XBC)

01%Soarcoin (SOAR)

You don't want Digibyte to beat us do you???

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
johncroc1

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:51:32 PM

JC

[EDIT]
Versions:
Boost - 1_58
openssl - 1.0.2g
I can't find a way to verify the version of dbd.  Whatever comes with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS...I haven't changed it.

verged has no output unless you send it rpc calls. it does require a VERGE.conf in the datadirectory with at least rpcuser and rpcpassword configured.

to make rpc calls, you'd do this: ./VERGEd getinfo (returns general network info)

or  ./VERGEd getbalance (returns balance of wallet)

etc..

Of course.  Sorry for the silly question.  I should have read the doc more thoroughly.

After putting an old VERGE.conf i found in the trash into the data directory, and starting the daemon I get
Code:
VERGE server starting
but once it's started I can't talk to it.
Code:
~/verge/src/]VERGEd getinfo
returns
Code:
error: couldn't connect to server

If I try to start VERGEd with getinfo
Code:
./VERGEd getinfo
I also get
Code:
error: couldn't connect to server

Still stumped.  Not sure what to try next.

I have to tell you, I've been a programmer for 35 years, in multiple languages (from FORTRAN and COBOL to Python).  I've been running Debian Linux distros on my personal machines, exclusively, for over 5 years.  I have a pretty complicated mining setup with ASICS for SCRYPT coins and GPUs for ASIC-proof algos.  I'm not a NOOB, but this Verge wallet thing has me completely flummoxed.  No problems setting up any other wallets.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming anyone.  I'm just wondering what tiny little thing I've missed that keeps causing me all this trouble.

kaigeta

Activity: 147
Merit: 27

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:37:33 AM

What are we looking at for an ETA on a new road map? I know there's a lot of moving parts, just the sites outdated now.

Voted on HITBTC, it's really close right now.
je@ngrey83

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:06:16 AM

Guys,

Vote for verge on HITBTC. Dgb is again in the lead.

https://twitter.com/hitbtc

At this moment nope, but it's do close...
I hope HitBTC ends up adding both...
Voted with a couple of twitter accounts, if need I make more accounts ehehehe
Roidz

Activity: 1386
Merit: 250

1XBit.com

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:33:54 AM

Done  Smiley

voted.....

Need more votes on Twitter:

47%Vergecurrency (XVG)

50%Digibyte (DGB)

02%BitcoinPlus (XBC)

01%Soarcoin (SOAR)

You don't want Digibyte to beat us do you???

i have a big bag od dgb, voted for it, thanks.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Rijakolus

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:00:46 AM

So far so good Smiley good job guys...  On binance we are a little behind stratis.. Well but 2nd place i think is also nice...

Congratulations to us SmileySmiley

51%Vergecurrency (XVG)
47%Digibyte (DGB)
01%BitcoinPlus (XBC)
01%Soarcoin (SOAR)
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: