Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:17:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to 5000$ soon  (Read 36680 times)
Koamder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:47:18 PM

This would be straight out madness. only a lunatic would suggest something like this to happen.
A price rise this big is unknown. Even in the movies.
That is right. Such a big rise would mean a total collapse in the current financial systems happened or is about to happen. I believe we would not like that to happen, no matter how corrupt and bad our current financial system is.

Someone has Stockholm syndrome.
well, not really. The best option would be to have Bitcoin becoming main stream and substituting fiat, without undergoing the chaos stage that is likely to happen during the crash of the current system.
How likely is such a scenario, is a debatable story, same as price of Bitcoin rising to $5k. I don't see contradiction here with my previous posts.

The bitcoin does not have to substitute the fiat for it to be $5000. It can be just used as a store of value, and the price can be higher.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:08:14 PM

This would be straight out madness. only a lunatic would suggest something like this to happen.
A price rise this big is unknown. Even in the movies.
That is right. Such a big rise would mean a total collapse in the current financial systems happened or is about to happen. I believe we would not like that to happen, no matter how corrupt and bad our current financial system is.

Someone has Stockholm syndrome.
well, not really. The best option would be to have Bitcoin becoming main stream and substituting fiat, without undergoing the chaos stage that is likely to happen during the crash of the current system.
How likely is such a scenario, is a debatable story, same as price of Bitcoin rising to $5k. I don't see contradiction here with my previous posts.

The bitcoin does not have to substitute the fiat for it to be $5000. It can be just used as a store of value, and the price can be higher.

I think this will not happen at all right now its way to early to even say it, the bitcoin is not ready for such a high amount in my opinion.
Bitcoin first need to overwinter the halving if that happened we can say if the bitcoin can hold a high amount.
Price rises before that will not hold the amount of it, I'm very sure of that right now.
Koamder

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:13:36 PM

I think this will not happen at all right now its way to early to even say it, the bitcoin is not ready for such a high amount in my opinion.
Bitcoin first need to overwinter the halving if that happened we can say if the bitcoin can hold a high amount.
Price rises before that will not hold the amount of it, I'm very sure of that right now.

We just have to be patient. The price will trade around $440 for the next few months. After halving, the price will rise a lot.
khalized

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:25:35 PM

I sure believe that bitcoin is able to get to $1000 this year

We just have to be patient. The price will trade around $440 for the next few months. After halving, the price will rise a lot.

we need other hyipe just to get a new mt.gox Smiley ?
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:25:53 PM

Of course it is too early. But, there will be always doom-sayers and end-of-the-world belivers who will repeat their mantra that ... (here put the right word, either gold, Bitcoin or anything else) is the only salvation to survive the hyper-inflation that is just around the corner.

this space is intentionally left blank
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 08:26:36 PM

Price ups and downs are not at all bad for trading. Big profits can be made. As more and more people choose to keep their earnings in BTC, it should go higher due to demand I think.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:41:10 PM

Price ups and downs are not at all bad for trading. Big profits can be made. As more and more people choose to keep their earnings in BTC, it should go higher due to demand I think.

Yeah that's right.Good traders make money in both directions.
And let's be honest here.Speculation will be one of the main drivers and network effects for the next coming years.
As long as we see an upwards volatility in the long run we all should be happy I think.
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:26:42 PM

Yeah that's right.Good traders make money in both directions.
And let's be honest here.Speculation will be one of the main drivers and network effects for the next coming years.
As long as we see an upwards volatility in the long run we all should be happy I think.

It's to make money when the market is failing. What will be the low? When will it go up etc. etc.A
And even experienced traders lose a substantial amount of money sometimes, so it's better to buy bitcoins and hope that it will go to 5k in a few years.
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:09:13 PM

You can wait till the end of time but the price will not go this high. It's just too high. 10 times like really?
We should be happy if the price would even reach to 500 dollar.
Koamder

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 07:26:14 PM

You can wait till the end of time but the price will not go this high. It's just too high. 10 times like really?

$5000 is not a high price for bitcoin in 5 years. It will be developed a lot within 5 years and more people will use it.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 08:32:14 PM

$5000 is not a high price for bitcoin in 5 years. It will be developed a lot within 5 years and more people will use it.
as my speculation bitcoin price in the future will not reach $5000 each and i think the possible price for the bitcoin i think around $1000-$2000
But i hope $5000 usd per bitcoin will happen.. so that i can make more profit if it will happen..
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:45:27 PM

this is just your speculation. The truth is we don't see sufficient efforts in order to improve the adoption of Bitcoin. And without that we can forget about going beyond $1k price. All what we see for Bitcoin recently are speculation pumps and based only on that I wouldn't bet we achieve $5k per coin.

USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:50:02 PM

this is just your speculation. The truth is we don't see sufficient efforts in order to improve the adoption of Bitcoin. And without that we can forget about going beyond $1k price. All what we see for Bitcoin recently are speculation pumps and based only on that I wouldn't bet we achieve $5k per coin.
Segwit should be ready to implement next month and block reward halving coming this summer. Segwit will free up a lot of block space making the current debate rather worthless. Also the transaction volumes have never been higher, along with user adoption. This summer is going to bring a big bump in the price for sure.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:20:16 PM

Segwit should be ready to implement next month and block reward halving coming this summer. Segwit will free up a lot of block space making the current debate rather worthless. Also the transaction volumes have never been higher, along with user adoption. This summer is going to bring a big bump in the price for sure.
I  agree that halving alone won't bring us far, and if we want to move beyond $500-600, we need such fundamental developments jappening this year. To me an important question is what happens to Bitcoin after such a pump?
We had a 18 month long bear after Mt. Gox's pump and the price went really low, if compared to the ath. How many such pumps and dumps more would make many of the current users abandon Bitcoin completely due to price instability and loss of trust?

USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:39:58 PM

I  agree that halving alone won't bring us far, and if we want to move beyond $500-600, we need such fundamental developments jappening this year. To me an important question is what happens to Bitcoin after such a pump?
We had a 18 month long bear after Mt. Gox's pump and the price went really low, if compared to the ath. How many such pumps and dumps more would make many of the current users abandon Bitcoin completely due to price instability and loss of trust?
You seem to not really get that the current services on the market aren't really anything like bitcoin (not talking about altcoins, which are mostly designed after bitcoin.).
The speculators on bitcoin are a strong bunch, who don't really give up that easily, the code must be broken completely for it to be abandoned. To me it seems that bitcoin is only gaining momentum with all the fud and hate that it gets. Even when the miner fees would be 50 bucks per block slot, people would be saying shit like it must be expensive to have your transaction on the main chain.
So what I'm saying bitcoin won't be abandoned until it's broken and for it to get broken you'd need consensus to break it.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:54:45 PM

I really would like to see this amazing price in the short term, but I think there is not realistic reasons behind to wait for it. Even to reach the $1000 psychological level seems a bit hard for the next months.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:33:00 AM

even though many people will use bitcoin for business or anything, that's not guarantee bitcoin could reach that level $5000 is pretty high.

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:31:13 PM

Soon ? It will not happen that soon. It will need take a long time to get that high value. And of course the halving is coming.
But you dont know what is going to happen. To predict a currency is almost impossible. We just have to wait and see for what is going to happen.
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:03:51 PM

The bitcoin will not go to a high amount anytime soon its just to much if you ask me, its maybe possible in the future.
But by possible in the future, I mean in about 5 years maybe but its not to predict of course.
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:44:11 PM

I think will not happen at all, its just that 5000 dollar is too much for the bitcoin itself.
The 2000 dollar be reach at his max in my opinion but not higher and not soon at all it will take years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: