Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:01:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636976 times)
streamliner

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:37:59 PM

i dont own any XRP but im interested to buy some now. Im ok to hold long terme 2 years + if necessary.

what do you think the value of the coin will be in 1-2 years? realistically...

im thinking of buying 10 000 XRP tonight, is it a good time to buy?

If you are "ok to hold long term 2 years+" then adding xrp to your portfolio or trapper keeper over the next 6 months can be justified.
Others are ready to hodl for 5-10 years.
Just know there is a large group of people that bought xrp at $0.00666 for years and if you bought now it would be around $0.25. Thats pretty expensive to me.

If I were buying now, I'd be looking more to actually using XRP for settlement/cross-border payments/goods and services, not to sell for a native currency like others around here that have made millions of $$$ who have been in XRP from the beginning.

I'd still like to think that we are in the beginning stages. I mean, how many of our friends and family use XRP to transact? Almost none. So heaps of opportunities for growth in demand.

If supply is reasonably constant (which is the case for XRP with 55b XRP in smart contracts) then rise in demand means increase in price. This is Economics 101 Supply & Demand.
worthy1

Activity: 187
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:46:35 PM

Woke up seeing the BTC dip and was expecting to see an XRP pump. Got excited for a min
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1075

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:52:50 PM

i dont own any XRP but im interested to buy some now. Im ok to hold long terme 2 years + if necessary.

If you are "ok to hold long term 2 years+" then adding xrp to your portfolio or trapper keeper over the next 6 months can be justified.
Just know there is a large group of people that bought xrp at $0.00666 for years and if you bought now it would be around $0.25. Thats pretty expensive to me.

If I were buying now, I'd be looking more to actually using XRP for settlement/cross-border payments/goods and services, not to sell for a native currency like others around here that have made millions of $$$ who have been in XRP from the beginning.

I'd still like to think that we are in the beginning stages. I mean, how many of our friends and family use XRP to transact? Almost none. So heaps of opportunities for growth in demand.

If supply is reasonably constant (which is the case for XRP with 55b XRP in smart contracts) then rise in demand means increase in price. This is Economics 101 Supply & Demand.
i think we are at the begining of XRP too...why?

well i watched btc journey from a few $$ and goto $100...everyone was thinking similar to god27 comment...but what happened?
then i watched eth journey from 50cents to almost $200...same story, when it hit $10, similar comments to god27
now xrp..a few months ago..off the radar, and at rock bottom price...this is the first run its had...similar to btc going to $50 and eth going to $10
both eth and btc grew at least 20x more over the following yrs,
XRP will do exact the same but even faster and higher..because today the overall market size is much much bigger than ever before and many are willing to risk a few $$ for 5-10XRP  Smiley
Come to think about it..if you know anyone that plays the lottery, instead of them buying a ticket they prob better of buying 5-10xrp every week, at least they stand a higher chance of a good return.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:06:54 PM

We are definitely just at the beginning stages of this whole new asset class.

However, nobody can tell you where the price of XRP will go.
Yea I wish it could go to a $1, but I can see it being stable at $0.50 for the next 2 years as well which would be a huge success still to me.

worthy1

Activity: 187
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:17:36 PM

Probably has been posted before but - https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/05/25/japan-crypto-exchange-bitbank-goes-live-xrp-trading/

Live today on www.bitbanktrade.jp Havent been following how live XRP is in Japan or how big BitBank is for trading over there but another exchange with free trading and incentives for the biggest volume. Considering its 7am in Japan we could see a pump in a few hours. Same thing happened when Bitstamp, South Korea etc added XRP and incentives...unless it went live yesterday which means it did nothing lol hard to tell with the timezones and where the article was written
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:19:07 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 10:30:15 PM by Mrpumperitis

We are definitely just at the beginning stages of this whole new asset class.

However, nobody can tell you where the price of XRP will go.
Yea I wish it could go to a $1, but I can see it being stable at $0.50 for the next 2 years as well which would be a huge success still to me.
i think you can roughly predict where the price can go...if you research properly ( i did it a few times with coins that were serverly undervalued ..eth being most recent )
analyse the fundmentals, the use cases, the aimed market size of use cases..limited supply vs growing demand...dev ability, dev integrity, dev team size & dev hours...
then the out of crypto economic problems, intrest rates increase, stock market uncertainty, fiat inflation problems due to QE
then the psychology, people willing to risk a few $$ on a coin than a few hundred or few $k for 1 coin...growing confidence in crypto due to good education from all of us guys
and a few other things all create a nice clear image of where we are going.

I think it will reach a dollar within a few months...may come back to 50cents area...but when the worldwide transactions system and the new wave of regulated exchanges happen , we easy looking at $5+ 1XRP

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:48:20 PM

Ripple have potential coin. Base on my research I see the potential of that coin to pump in the future. I dont know other people if ripple have potential or not to them because we different speculation ,  prediction and also different opinions. The price for sure will increase in the future only need is to be patience . I believe the price of ripple will reach $1 per  coin but it takes few months to reach that price and I think it will reach  $10 per coin after few many years. But no one can tell if the ripple coin pump or not no can can say that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:01:08 PM

Ripple have potential coin. Base on my research I see the potential of that coin to pump in the future. I dont know other people if ripple have potential or not to them because we different speculation ,  prediction and also different opinions. The price for sure will increase in the future only need is to be patience . I believe the price of ripple will reach $1 per  coin but it takes few months to reach that price and I think it will reach  $10 per coin after few many years. But no one can tell if the ripple coin pump or not no can can say that.

agree m8...
as for the pump...imo..its not, it has phases of pumps n dumps  where some get in and out quick..but overall its not

most pump coins ive saw..cant sustain at a high value...its like jenga,once it falls , it falls and the dev team usually dismantle
the 3 examples of huge huge p n d coins i know of...
aurora coin, went to over $1bill after a few weeks it died, same with paycoin and mazacoin

now xrp dev team has not given us a 5yr roadmap...
they actually produced the goods & they patented the product..this is unique in crypto
they worked their asses off..
when we went over a $10bill....it was a price correction for an undervalued asset...and its still going through that phase
devs are not running off, even though they could be multi mullionaires right now
people are not giving up on XRP , they believe in the concept and share the same vision as the Ripple team

anyways, ive had a nice time just now chatting
thanks guys  Smiley

vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:15:19 AM

it will be a good sign if we get into 11-11.5k satoshi in 8 hours
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:17:22 AM

very possible Mr V...btc dumping hard...went as low , i saw $2115 almost $500 drop in less than 24hours....

im sure alot of the funds ( inc mine ) are buying XRP right now

shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:20:08 AM

Any explanation about this mate? Is there any movements that will happen if in case we past that amount within 8hrs im just curios to know whether there would be another pumped to happen after breaking that margin.

Saad123

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:24:13 AM

It is if the price stick to that number, it might go up to 11K in an hour or so in my opinion...
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:37:31 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 01:12:39 AM by Mrpumperitis

aim higher now guys lol...12k any time now

16k is the magic number....we break it we go straight towards 20k area....when we break 20k...we goto a new ATH  Cool

time to SMASH sells walls Tongue

im 100% convinced the live demo today was appreciated by the entire FI audience...this cant stay this cheap anymore

https://twitter.com/Ripple/status/867800762373464066
#XRP provides financial institutions with a frictionless and cost-effective experience. #xrpthestandard

Wink

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/25/bitcoin-ico-cryptocurrency-start-up-civic-raising-money-initial-coin-offering.html
8hours ago
Meanwhile, 10 financial institutions signed up with cryptocurrency platform Ripple last month to send real-time international payments, joining a roster of clients that already included Bank of America and RBC.
The ultimate vision is a world in which all data and transactions are trackable via an electronic ledger that eliminates delays caused by disparate currencies and financial systems. Blockchain currently claims to process 160,000 transactions a day across 140 countries
 Smiley

imagine the financial media stories coming in next few days...covering the canada Ripple tech and demo  Grin
we could see alot more  Ripple team interviews in msm

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:14:14 AM

Hurry...

We gona blast off soon  Smiley

joeyjojoshb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:15:28 AM

what is causing the huge increase in Ripple right now?  Is it just speculation?  I keep googling for news , but I find nothing.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:31:42 AM

what is causing the huge increase in Ripple right now?  Is it just speculation?  I keep googling for news , but I find nothing.

lols joey your lucky Mr V isnt around just now..lol i think most know what he would say lols

look at the top post..cnbc news 8hours ago...then the xrp twitter post 7hours ago. + japanbitbank added XRP, and i think trading opens in a few hours or just opened

so theres 3 very good news in past 12 hours and prob alot more in next 48hours and the following weeks ahead

mademerich

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:39:52 AM

XRP is going to dump more, people are starting to realize its a useless crypto, I think we will soon see it back around 5-6k. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:41:03 AM

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:12:45 AM

daaaamnnnn
may need to delay left for time being...

i just saw this a few min ago
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/new/
https://ca.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/bank-of-canada-says-won't-use-blockchain-for-interbank-payment-system-126381
By Solarina Ho

TORONTO, May 25 (Reuters) - The Bank of Canada said on Thursday that its experiment with blockchain, or distributed ledger technology, showed it is currently not compatible with operating the country's centralized interbank payment systems.

The Bank's conclusion, published in a column in The Globe and Mail newspaper, comes after a year-long experiment in partnership with Payments Canada, which is responsible for the country's clearing and settlement infrastructure, and Canada's largest banks.

"The bottom line is that a stand-alone DLT wholesale system is unlikely to match the efficiency and net benefits of a centralized system," wrote Carolyn Wilkins, senior deputy governor of the Bank of Canada, and Gerry Gaetz, Payments Canada president.

"At its heart, there exists a fundamental inconsistency or tension between a centralized wholesale interbank payment system, as we have now, and the decentralization inherent in DLT."

Payments Canada clears a daily average of more than C$175 billion ($130.42 billion) through the wholesale interbank payment system, which is overseen by the Bank of Canada.

Blockchain, the technology that underpins digital currencies such as bitcoin, is a distributed record of data or transactions maintained by a network of computers without the need for approval from a central authority.

this isnt the end...its just one bank saying they wont use blockchain for time being...
again research and decide your next move carefully guys...
hopefully some good news will come aswell

bittraffic

Activity: 2954
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:32:15 AM

hoho Among those on top, its ripples thats the first to make it green.

XRP is going to dump more, people are starting to realize its a useless crypto, I think we will soon see it back around 5-6k. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

So much for those crystal balls.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: