Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:53:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling should be considered as a Sickness!!  (Read 46135 times)
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:21:08 AM

Anyone who knows what gambling means and all the consequences which can appear in the end will think differently.Gambling says that this is a process which contains high risks and chances of loosing are more than winning.A large number of people starts betting with idea of going to make money from early bets and will quit.This is which takes to addiction it is person's own fault to not understand fully how gambling works.
If you are betting in gambling and you think of the making money, quitting is not your game, you will become greedy by time and you will not stop until you lose all your bankroll.
I thought come on the purpose of gambling is to earn a profit I'm not sure people go to gamble because they simply want to spend money? of course their aim to make a profit. almost all players have that goal but not all the players become addicted? so I thought. it returned again to the player itself
No all aims for money because some gamblers are already rich and they have already a lot of money to lose, they just need to entertain themselves.
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:06:02 AM

Anyone who knows what gambling means and all the consequences which can appear in the end will think differently.Gambling says that this is a process which contains high risks and chances of loosing are more than winning.A large number of people starts betting with idea of going to make money from early bets and will quit.This is which takes to addiction it is person's own fault to not understand fully how gambling works.
If you are betting in gambling and you think of the making money, quitting is not your game, you will become greedy by time and you will not stop until you lose all your bankroll.
I thought come on the purpose of gambling is to earn a profit I'm not sure people go to gamble because they simply want to spend money? of course their aim to make a profit. almost all players have that goal but not all the players become addicted? so I thought. it returned again to the player itself
No all aims for money because some gamblers are already rich and they have already a lot of money to lose, they just need to entertain themselves.

but those people are so few that they don't even count. so generally speaking you can't include them in your speculations about gambling.

so most of the people (the rest of us) are trying to make a profit from gambling and a quick bitcoin by playing these games and get lucky to become rich one day.

to the moon with bitcoin...
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:11:51 AM

Yeaaaa play game and we put a bet on it bring something different.
We feel so excited to see the outcome, and during this moment are the thing that people wanted.
So of course people gamble not just for money who can make people sick and crazy.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:14:46 AM

I can't stay away . Promos make me wanna go for it. So whenever I have btc in my wallet I gamble it.
Probably not good but eh...

It's okay if you can afford it. The totally different story if you are gambling away what you need for paying bills and for buying food. This kind of gambling is really a sickness.

It is still not okay even if you can afford the money you lose. Losing money thru gambling is bad. It is like you do not know the value that is beyond earning those money. If you do not value money, soon it will leave you and you will be left with nothing. It is the idea that it is alright to lose if you can afford it is the sickness that will rot you.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:45:34 PM

Gambling is risky game of money from which most people lose and just a few wins. Gambling too is addictive and fun especially when you're winning and that's why most people can't get away from gambling once they get in it.
In gambling you only win from the start then you lose whenever you win a certain amount.

Gambling itself isn't a sickness, just like having a beer, smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee, having sex, lifting weights etc. are not sicknesses.

However, if you keep doing it to the point where it ruins your life (whatever it may be), your addictive behavior is a sickness, not gambling itself.

Gambling is just a game that involving money. I don't also think that gambling is considered a sickness. it is depend on a person who is playing it and  you were right that addictive behavior is a sickness.
Those who called gambling as sickness are only those people who has a bad experience in gambling and us who just play for fun we called gambling as the best entertainment.

Hahah! that's true, but I know all of us had a bad experience in gambling but it is depend of a person if they learn in having a bad experience or if they just really feel disappointed after losing.
I have a bad experience but overall I am already happy now. I have learned my lessons that I cannot win in gambling so I stick to play only for sole purpose of entertainment.

Good thing also that you've realise it already that gambling is not for your source of income, and that gambling is really for pure entertainment only. All of us can learn on our mistakes. Smiley
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:30:05 PM

Gambling is risky game of money from which most people lose and just a few wins. Gambling too is addictive and fun especially when you're winning and that's why most people can't get away from gambling once they get in it.
In gambling you only win from the start then you lose whenever you win a certain amount.

Gambling itself isn't a sickness, just like having a beer, smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee, having sex, lifting weights etc. are not sicknesses.

However, if you keep doing it to the point where it ruins your life (whatever it may be), your addictive behavior is a sickness, not gambling itself.

Gambling is just a game that involving money. I don't also think that gambling is considered a sickness. it is depend on a person who is playing it and  you were right that addictive behavior is a sickness.
Those who called gambling as sickness are only those people who has a bad experience in gambling and us who just play for fun we called gambling as the best entertainment.

Hahah! that's true, but I know all of us had a bad experience in gambling but it is depend of a person if they learn in having a bad experience or if they just really feel disappointed after losing.
I have a bad experience but overall I am already happy now. I have learned my lessons that I cannot win in gambling so I stick to play only for sole purpose of entertainment.

Good thing also that you've realise it already that gambling is not for your source of income, and that gambling is really for pure entertainment only. All of us can learn on our mistakes. Smiley

And sad to say how people nowadays still prefer learning their lessons the hard way. Had they listened to what their friends and families told them, they could have kept themselves from losing big time.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:22:53 PM

people will always say a career when someone keeps winning and making millions thru his gambling career but if someone keeps losing money, sold his properties, jewelries and house to gamble again, they call it sickness. that's how things are.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Maslate

Activity: 3010
Merit: 686

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:03:00 PM

people will always say a career when someone keeps winning and making millions thru his gambling career but if someone keeps losing money, sold his properties, jewelries and house to gamble again, they call it sickness. that's how things are.
We are just being unfair, we like to appreciate things when it brings good into our life even if it is just a temporary happiness just like gambling, we are blinding by the reward and not able to analyze and compute our chances.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:18:06 PM

We are just being unfair, we like to appreciate things when it brings good into our life even if it is just a temporary happiness just like gambling, we are blinding by the reward and not able to analyze and compute our chances.
yeah you cannot call that gambling is always a sickness,i know many smart people who like to play
some gambling and they dont care that they have lost,they just move further and dont do the same mistake.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 07:03:36 AM

i don't think so.
a car is a dangerous vehicle if you drive it madly and hit a brick wall at top speed, should cars be banned too?

gambling is the same, it is just a game that you can use to have fun while taking risks. the fact that some people get addicted and lose a lot of money while having an illusion of getting rich doesn't change any facts.

I like your car analogy ^^
Everything has a certain degree of risk. Nothing is certain that is life.
Many people have illusions about may things in life it is part of being human. The illusion is there to protet us from the truth but if we don't face the truth in something like gambling then you will face problems.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 07:28:14 AM

i don't think so.
a car is a dangerous vehicle if you drive it madly and hit a brick wall at top speed, should cars be banned too?

gambling is the same, it is just a game that you can use to have fun while taking risks. the fact that some people get addicted and lose a lot of money while having an illusion of getting rich doesn't change any facts.

I like your car analogy ^^
Everything has a certain degree of risk. Nothing is certain that is life.
Many people have illusions about may things in life it is part of being human. The illusion is there to protet us from the truth but if we don't face the truth in something like gambling then you will face problems.
That is the reason we cannot say that gambling is a sickness.
There are many people doing it with cold blood,not just throwing big bets like an mentally ill men right?
Smart people will never get over-excited about betting,so they will not be sick about it.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:43:57 AM

And sad to say how people nowadays still prefer learning their lessons the hard way. Had they listened to what their friends and families told them, they could have kept themselves from losing big time.

So if thats the case they are not matured enough to understand every situation that we are living in this world we must know the purpose of what we are doing or why we need to gamble? is it because we just want an entertainment? or we want to gain profit? I think this is not really is it. We must learn from our mistakes also when doing this kind of addiction.
StoreBit

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 09:13:08 AM

try to be realistic instead of idealistic. i think it is a syclogical fact that no one can take interest in gambling untill there is element of money involve. money make people interested. therefore we cannot think gambling without money involve. but we can do in in a limit. and the will be the best point to make a limit for our gambling and then we can say that it is no a sickness but a healthy activity.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 04:22:43 AM

Gambling is just a game that involving money. I don't also think that gambling is considered a sickness. it is depend on a person who is playing it and  you were right that addictive behavior is a sickness.
How someone could invest money in something unstable as a gambling, where everything depends on chance? I don't think that gambling is a sickness, though I do not accept gambling as some sort of investment. That is only a game, just some fun and not a job.

Thats true, gambling is just for fun and not a job that you can make money every month. It is also depends on luck. And if you are lucky enough, then you will get good profit in gambling. Smiley
But your luck isn't a thing that may be stable long enough. It's not a skill that allows get money, but hardly noticeable intuition that passes very quick. Yes, you'll get good profit if you are lucky, but you are lucky only now and in a minute later you may easily loose all you get by your 'luck'.
The key to win is always consistency, your luck will dictate you to gamble more because you are empowered to do so because of beginners luck, never trust luck to make your method improve.

yes I know that not all the time luck is always there for us so when you are lucky in that day and you win once and you get big amount then I guess you need to stop it from there. because as you said in a minute later you may easily loose all you get by your 'luck'. So be careful of what you wish for. and Knows our limitations.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 05:27:16 AM

Gambling is just a game that involving money. I don't also think that gambling is considered a sickness. it is depend on a person who is playing it and  you were right that addictive behavior is a sickness.
How someone could invest money in something unstable as a gambling, where everything depends on chance? I don't think that gambling is a sickness, though I do not accept gambling as some sort of investment. That is only a game, just some fun and not a job.

Thats true, gambling is just for fun and not a job that you can make money every month. It is also depends on luck. And if you are lucky enough, then you will get good profit in gambling. Smiley
But your luck isn't a thing that may be stable long enough. It's not a skill that allows get money, but hardly noticeable intuition that passes very quick. Yes, you'll get good profit if you are lucky, but you are lucky only now and in a minute later you may easily loose all you get by your 'luck'.
The key to win is always consistency, your luck will dictate you to gamble more because you are empowered to do so because of beginners luck, never trust luck to make your method improve.

yes I know that not all the time luck is always there for us so when you are lucky in that day and you win once and you get big amount then I guess you need to stop it from there. because as you said in a minute later you may easily loose all you get by your 'luck'. So be careful of what you wish for. and Knows our limitations.
The reality is we don't know how to stop if we don't have a goal on winning amount, it's like we are operating a business without a direction so for a gambler to be successful he should have a proper plan to implement it.
kryptqnick
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1389

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 07:15:30 PM

I consider it as a sickness and suppose sometime later there will be a more serious consideration of this problem by the community

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 07:25:15 PM

yes we can consider it as a sickness but i think only for those people who are doing gambling for making money. i think it should be consider as healthy activity for those people who are doing it for fun and enjoyment and not for making money.
Well you can make money out of gambling daily. You know how? Do games that require skills not all based in luck. All profit doesn't come in easy way and there are gambling that will give you a secure profit like sportsbetting and poker.
I am making some money means the main reason is sports betting. Yes here only I made some coins and other casino base games I never made any profit. But I do betting very rarely then also I made some money in sports betting. So gambling is considered as a sickness those who are playing it for making money.

How much money have you made with betting ? Could you put it in a % per month ? Also do you make the same bet amount each time to avoid one big loss and that you bet the same amount means all you need is more wins then loses .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:51:02 PM

yes we can consider it as a sickness but i think only for those people who are doing gambling for making money. i think it should be consider as healthy activity for those people who are doing it for fun and enjoyment and not for making money.
Well you can make money out of gambling daily. You know how? Do games that require skills not all based in luck. All profit doesn't come in easy way and there are gambling that will give you a secure profit like sportsbetting and poker.
I am making some money means the main reason is sports betting. Yes here only I made some coins and other casino base games I never made any profit. But I do betting very rarely then also I made some money in sports betting. So gambling is considered as a sickness those who are playing it for making money.

you are right no one can make money on gambling, even those people also cannot make money who are expert in there as if at one day that person win, on the other day a more well expert will come and will make him lose all of his earned money.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:13:08 PM

I disagree it is not a sickness it is just someone being a risk taker with the believe that the higher the higher the returns. They also believe in chance that its the sole determinant of whether they will lose or win as this cannot be said of sickness. So its not sickness rather its a daring... My 2cents...
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:25:25 AM

I disagree it is not a sickness it is just someone being a risk taker with the believe that the higher the higher the returns. They also believe in chance that its the sole determinant of whether they will lose or win as this cannot be said of sickness. So its not sickness rather its a daring... My 2cents...
It is just a game of guess, you have to be lucky in order to win. There is really no method to win when the odds are against us, we just have to accept it and play gambling for fun. That is true that the risk is high and same with the reward so if you don't want to take risk don't do gambling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: