Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:13:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450426 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:40:29 AM

First of all, I got the flu so I was off for the last few days.

Just wanted to let you know that I am constantly working on the parts that I have decided to focus on and that I will try to give a detailed status update by tomorrow. I have made a huge progress regarding the base client with its PoS blased mini-blockchain scheme. I think we can safely assume this part to be finished, even though I will start a development branch on Github implementing Dazza's scheme: i still like it more than mine. Currently we just have a regular NXT based PoS scheme which is combined with Cryptonites mini-blockchain scheme and so is a novelty on its own.

Anyway, we have a fully working basis now which we can use to develop and evaluate the verifiable computation part which is essentially the core aspect of this coin. For those of you who didn't follow the entire thread: verifiable computation is required so the network can verify quickly (and reliably) that a miner has actually performed a certain amount of work on an arbitrary algorithm without actually performing the complex calculation itself over and over again.
Basically, Miners get rewarded for contributing computation power to solve complex tasks, and everyone else can verify that quickly and efficiently.

Now I will have to deal with the omnipresent faster algorithm attack (FAA) Cheesy

Just curious: Is anyone of you guys willing to work on the website? The FAQ section needs some input urgently.
I personally do not want to get paid at all as I am totally behind the open source idea but if you ask Lannister I am sure he will agree on rewarding you properly to do so.

Thanks for the update.
I'd love to hep you out with anything related to graphics.

Plus, I don't really care about the reward Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:34:59 AM

How is the ico going, how much so far, when does it end?

Too lazy to do an extra click? Go to the main page and see it right there. Seriously, why even ask this question when the link is in the main freaking page Smiley

Not too lazy, just didn't see anything about the ICO mentioned in the OP. If I had I would not have posted. Are you being paid to bad vibe this thread?
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:50:00 AM

First of all, I got the flu so I was off for the last few days.

Just wanted to let you know that I am constantly working on the parts that I have decided to focus on and that I will try to give a detailed status update by tomorrow. I have made a huge progress regarding the base client with its PoS blased mini-blockchain scheme. I think we can safely assume this part to be finished, even though I will start a development branch on Github implementing Dazza's scheme: i still like it more than mine. Currently we just have a regular NXT based PoS scheme which is combined with Cryptonites mini-blockchain scheme and so is a novelty on its own.

Anyway, we have a fully working basis now which we can use to develop and evaluate the verifiable computation part which is essentially the core aspect of this coin. For those of you who didn't follow the entire thread: verifiable computation is required so the network can verify quickly (and reliably) that a miner has actually performed a certain amount of work on an arbitrary algorithm without actually performing the complex calculation itself over and over again.
Basically, Miners get rewarded for contributing computation power to solve complex tasks, and everyone else can verify that quickly and efficiently.

Now I will have to deal with the omnipresent faster algorithm attack (FAA) Cheesy

Just curious: Is anyone of you guys willing to work on the website? The FAQ section needs some input urgently.
I personally do not want to get paid at all as I am totally behind the open source idea but if you ask Lannister I am sure he will agree on rewarding you properly to do so.

Whats the website basis ? Html5/css/JS/nodeJS ? what would you like to be done ?
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:14:59 PM

Whats the website basis ? Html5/css/JS/nodeJS ? what would you like to be done ?

Well, the website is written in NodeJS with Express and Jade, which in my opinion is an overkill but it's just the way it is.
I think there are still some open things to do, for example a "Reward Calculator" so people can calculate their estimated ELC they get for a donation, and also the FAQ section would need some input. Maybe a visual explanation how to donate and how to backup the private keys. This is the first thing that comes to my mind. I am sure there are also other things that could be done.

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:45:21 PM

What I also just thought of, some news section on the website would be also great so people can follow the current status of the development. Right now people must scroll through this entire thread and search for the relevant postings  Wink
Lannister (OP)

Activity: 140

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:16:42 PM

Elastic Project : An Interview with Lannister

Thanks to Lannister for the time!
You can click on the image to read it!

Enjoy Smiley

The Crypto World

Outstanding work!
I have read through your other articles as well: you consistently bring your all and I truly appreciate that.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
YNWA2806

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:32:56 AM

When does the ICO expected to be over?
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

When does the ICO expected to be over?
Until block 425920 for bitcoin.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:03:33 PM

After I finish the UI for the proof-of-stake information I will begin to work on the new transaction type that is required to broadcast "user supplied work packages" to the network parallely to the literature research concerning the verifiable computation.
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 04:10:42 PM

Can someone explain when this ICO opens/closes I would like to list it on http://icocountdown.com

ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 04:54:32 PM

Elastic added to http://icocountdown.com never miss a crowdsale again!

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:44:39 PM

i wish all luck to dev,
invest some today

IOTA
zmija

Activity: 676

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:54:44 PM

Elastic added to http://icocountdown.com never miss a crowdsale again!
Nice site i like the thought that ICO-s r gathered in one place, just make the site more readable, i mean those coins graphics r to big, maybe if u make something more table vise would be better Smiley. good job btw.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:34:13 AM

Interesting.  Will be watching closely and maybe investing.  Smiley

iambitcoin5

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:35:23 AM

So basically Elastic is a network where computational power can be used by other people such as researchers and scientists etc?

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:44:41 AM

So basically Elastic is a network where computational power can be used by other people such as researchers and scientists etc?

On the surface it will "feel" like mining: people invest computational resources and get Elastic Coins in exchange.
The central idea is, that scientists, researchers or anyone else who needs computational resources can "submit" his task to the network, pay a certain number of ELC, and have it calculated. Elastic basically provides a cryptographically secure method to make sure that the "scientist" gets his work done correctly and that the "miners" or "workers" (i call them this for now) get paid for the work they have done. All without a third party and all entirely secure.
YNWA2806

Activity: 398

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:50:51 AM

An entire campaign without any bounties? don't you want to tie the community to this initiative? reward us and we will start the much needed hype for your project
iambitcoin5

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:00:08 AM

On the surface it will "feel" like mining: people invest computational resources and get Elastic Coins in exchange.
The central idea is, that scientists, researchers or anyone else who needs computational resources can "submit" his task to the network, pay a certain number of ELC, and have it calculated. Elastic basically provides a cryptographically secure method to make sure that the "scientist" gets his work done correctly and that the "miners" or "workers" (i call them this for now) get paid for the work they have done. All without a third party and all entirely secure.
Thanks for the quick info. Smiley

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:36:49 AM

Dont spread wrong info.
As I know,Evil-Knievel is a respectable and qualified dev.
He found the flaw of Nxt source code one year ago,and actively with XCP development.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:21:40 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2016, 10:21:46 AM by Evil-Knievel

Dont spread wrong info.
As I know,Evil-Knievel is a respectable and qualified dev.
He found the flaw of Nxt source code one year ago,and actively with XCP development.

Thanks! Not to forget, I also worked on parts of the official Bitcoin client as you can see in these change logs:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/release-notes/release-notes-0.10.1.md

I wish someone can make this Greed guy just go away and never come back. His incompetence and his constant fudding is becoming exhausting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: