Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:36:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450431 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lokojones

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:09:23 AM

is donation actually dropping instead going up?  as far as remember just 2 day ago was around 260btc

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
    █████               █████████████▌
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:19:47 AM

as far as remember just 2 day ago was around 260btc

No, you must be remembering that wrong.
Elastix

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:04:00 PM

Hello,

thanks for your answers. I sent BTC from kraken BTC wallet. But my address is never filled? https://blockchain.info/address/1GMYNcWKcpduuHGTTwPAq94hWKMxKBHuJF
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:07:59 PM

thanks for your answers. I sent BTC from kraken BTC wallet. But my address is never filled? https://blockchain.info/address/1GMYNcWKcpduuHGTTwPAq94hWKMxKBHuJF

You have no "Kraken Wallet", all you have is a Kraken deposit address.

You never had, and you will never have access to the keys to your kraken BTC wallet.
Otherwise you could simply deposit your BTC to your Kraken deposit address, sell your BTC and then withdraw your deposited BTC again.

If I recall correctly, the site clearly states not to withdraw from any exchanges.
But it should be no problem at all if you like access to your free XEL, just write Lannister a private message. I am sure he will take care of that.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 02:57:49 PM

This doesn't take off.
Surely due to the fact the developers keep themselves anonymous.
Not introducing yourselves to the community is rather old fashion and create a big shade on your true intentions.

Not sure why this project does not get that much attention. Probably because it has not hired a whole bunch of promoters, signature campaign users, hypers, sockpuppets and other interesting people who dedicate their time to hype a coin "to the moon".

Maybe it's also because no one in the US/Canada/other places can "donate."

But It gave me a bitcoin deposit address the first time I checked out the site. Now that i have returned with the coins, it tells me that i'm not eligible based on my IP.

use tor or vpn to change to your ip
MorAltsPlease

Activity: 282

Fear only from the fear itself

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:33:28 AM

Is this still happening??  Seems like it's going nowhere...

And why does it seem so?

Because I've been told by several individuals you were deleting any of their posts that question your initiative and incentives here and because the community gave a piece of their mind by not pledging also...is that enough?
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:47:31 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 08:05:11 AM by Evil-Knievel

Because I've been told by several individuals you were deleting any of their posts that question your initiative and incentives here and because the community gave a piece of their mind by not pledging also...is that enough?

First of all, I do not delete anything as it's not my thread.
But from what I know, the only posts that were "deliberately" deleted were those from obvious trolls and from "brainiacs" that did not even read through the thread but pretend to know anyone's incentive ... in most cases with self-estimated and emphasized 99.9% accuracy. If those people are said "individuals" that you usually deal with, then I'd strongly recommend to rethink your social circle.

Besides that, asking someone if he has a bad incentive is absolutely absurd. No matter if you ask an honest person of if you ask a shady thief whether he has any bad incentives or not, you will always get the same answer which is "no!". So asking this question in the first place is a total waste of time.
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 07:59:53 AM

First of all, I do not delete anything as it's not my thread.
But from what I know, the only posts that were "deliberately" deleted were those from obvious trolls and from idiots that did not even read through the thread but pretend to know anyone's incentive ... in most cases with self-estimated and emphasized 99.9% accuracy. If those people are said "individuals" that you usually deal with, then I'd strongly recommend to rethink your social circle.

Besides that, asking someone if he has a bad incentive is absolutely absurd. No matter if you ask an honest person of if you ask a shady thief whether he has any bad incentives or not, you will always get the same answer which is "no!". So asking this question in the first place is a total waste of time.
i personaly are looking forward to this project. Donated a little and i wish you good luck. Very good incentive. Thx

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:10:14 PM

You have no "Kraken Wallet", all you have is a Kraken deposit address.

You never had, and you will never have access to the keys to your kraken BTC wallet.
Otherwise you could simply deposit your BTC to your Kraken deposit address, sell your BTC and then withdraw your deposited BTC again.

If I recall correctly, the site clearly states not to withdraw from any exchanges.
But it should be no problem at all if you like access to your free XEL, just write Lannister a private message. I am sure he will take care of that.
Hi EK, Lannister, I've been donating to this great project using my CoinSpace wallet. I have the PassPhrase for my wallet so I contacted customer service about getting my private keys. Here is their response :
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (675) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Jonathan   
Jonathan (CoinSpace Bitcoin Wallet)
Apr 21, 08:00

There isn't a way to get the private keys at this time.

bgjjj2016   
bgjjj2016
Apr 20, 07:37

Hi, I have my PassPhrase . How can I retrieve my private key.

This email is a service from CoinSpace Bitcoin Wallet. Delivered by Zendesk
[1WYLVK-QX8J]
Please tell me what to do .
Ben

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:38:03 PM

Is there an interest in a logo? If yes, would there be a bounty?
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:42:49 PM

[...]

This is not true.

1. Go to https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/
2. Paste your 12 word mnemonic code into the field "BIP39 Mnemonic"
3. In derivation path go to the tab saying BIP32
4. In "BIP32 Derivation Path" field type in "m/0'/0"
5. At the list below, you should see ALL your addresses along with their private keys.

Maybe I should do the Coinspace support?  Grin
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:58:11 PM

The Elastic website says 27% of XEL has been distributed.  How can I check my balance?
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:00:32 PM

The Elastic website says 27% of XEL has been distributed.  How can I check my balance?

If you know your public key, you can check this file here (watch out for multiple entries):
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/elastic-project/genesis-block/master/genesis-block.json
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 01:08:37 PM

Is there an interest in a logo? If yes, would there be a bounty?
It would be cool to have a Elastic logo contest topic, and get some entries for a logo, then vote for what the community thinks is best. I think bounties are better spent on developing computable algos etc. In any case I had some ideas and I'd like to contribute some entries for free.
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:12:36 PM

I'd like to participate in the logo contest as well.
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1451
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:32:37 PM

Ha, the added disclaimer rivals the ethereum 'hands off' disclaimer. Such a strange realm, altcurrency.
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:34:10 PM

[...]

This is not true.

1. Go to https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/
2. Paste your 12 word mnemonic code into the field "BIP39 Mnemonic"
3. In derivation path go to the tab saying BIP32
4. In "BIP32 Derivation Path" field type in "m/0'/0"
5. At the list below, you should see ALL your addresses along with their private keys.

Maybe I should do the Coinspace support?  Grin
EK, YOU ARE A GENIUS ! Thank you so so so much ! I got my private keys.... Thank You again !

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
marechoux

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:06:26 PM

From what I understood miners will provide computation power to scientifics and scientifics will have to pay with ELC the miners for their work.

People who own ELC can stake with POS and get reward from transaction fees which is dangerous for the network as there will be very few incitive to stake because you want to let the transaction fees low.

Regarding the economics of ELC, the price would go up if there is a demand due to a need of calculating power from scientifics / labs.

This economic model is ok as much as the demand is constantly growing but when the demand will stabilize then there is no hope for the price of ELC to grow.

I think that it would be better on an economic view to split the ELC spent to buy calculating power with a ratio of 80% to miners  and 20% to POS like this owning ELC would be more valuable and people would be more incentive to stake.
The only con is that basically buying calculating power would be 25% more expensive but as  I guess this decentralized model can lower the price by a huge factor, I think only 25% or less is not such a big deal.

Waiting for your thoughts about this idea.
Isarmatrose

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:02:29 PM

For some reason my original post was removed, so I try it once again:

Hi everybody,

my Name is Jonas, I'm from Munich (at the Isar River, that's where my nick comes from) and I'm 34 years old.
I've been using both Java and NodeJS for a few years now, both in my 9 to 5 job and for my own projects.
I'm impressed by the general idea of the project as well as by what you have done so far, so I decided that I want to become part of it. As I have read that Elastic is a "loose formation of developers" I'll just skip the application process, so: here I am.

The most important thing that is missing, is a clear structured todo list.
I think we should focus on that, first. Otherwise we will quickly find ourselves trying to do all things at the same time, multiple times. We could use github for that or we setup some work organization tool ourselves. Also, I would strongly suggest setting up a Slack as not everything needs to be discussed in public, not because it's secret but because it's simply boring for the rest.

Since I posted this message two days ago, I have registered the domain http://elastic-project.org and purchased a server so we can host all necessary tools at one central point. I have asked Lannister in a private message if he would pay for domain and server, and he did without hesitation so thank you very much for that. On this server I have already installed a forum software with two predefined boards and the rest will follow soon. The forum can be found here:

http://forum.elastic-project.org.

I would suggest that, for now, we move all technical talk to the "Development Board" over there. This gives us at least some structure. I am by the way open for any suggestions about what other tools and software we might need.

Jonas
mahabul

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:16:46 PM

What is the reason for starting a new thread? I've lost track... I think this is the 3rd of 4th thread for the coin now? I see this new thread is moderated, but there wasn't much need to moderate it really.

I forgot to mark the last topic as self-moderated when I created it. Unfortunately, topics cannot be converted to self-moderated topics after creation.
We have had an excessive amount of "trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt constructive conversations. A self-moderated topic is neccessary so such posts can be deleted from now on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: