Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:11:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450429 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:18:45 PM

Waiting for your thoughts about this idea.

This is a very interesting point. I will have to get a cup of tea and think an hour or two about this.
I hope we can get Dazza to brainstorm with us on this one, because he originally proposed to keep the POS rewards as minimal as possible when we were discussing this question back then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 10:05:08 PM

I don't think thats the way to go, adding 20% to the costs for computation is huge in itself, let alone in the context where non-profit alogs would be competing with crypto mining. I don't know whether the miners will be able to choose the packets they work on or their reward will be generalized, but in any case I think it would be better to have inflation to make people stake more, or some kind of masternode system where you reward people for staking with something other than elastic (perhaps they get a little free computation on their project or something). I don't really know how the whole economic part of the elastic is planned out, so perhaps that should be made celar before we brainstorm on its specific aspects. Will the miners be able to pick projects to mine on, will the rewards be separate or not? If they are separate, miners will go for more profitable ones, if not the price of computation will be higher.
xboxsold

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:16:19 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 11:26:25 PM by xboxsold

When going to http://elastic.pro/donations the donation address is smugged out with a red tag and message.Based on my ip address i dont agree to the terms?  Am i doing something wrong.. The donation address wont show on the screen.

If i use a proxy i can see the address and tried that but get a error from my counterparty wallet:

Sorry, we got an error when trying to do the requested action: 'JSON-RPC Error:
Type: Server error

Code: -32000

' (API method: create_send).
Isarmatrose

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:10:17 PM

I think that we need a website that goes beyond what we have now. So I have created a Wordpress based website on http://elastic-project.org/. It's not completely finished so see it as a beta version. It contains a knowledge base which I planned to contain all knowledge that has been collected so far. That includes technical details, background infos, guides how to recover private keys from different online wallets, later also tutorials how to install or compile the client for differnt platforms, and many more. The lack of information is what I criticize most on the current website.

So my question now is: Who would volunteer or at least help me writing these articles?

Jonas

PS: I left out the logo on purpose because I have read about a possible logo contest. Will it take place?
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:24:00 PM

I think that we need a website that goes beyond what we have now. So I have created a Wordpress based website on http://elastic-project.org/. It's not completely finished so see it as a beta version. It contains a knowledge base which I planned to contain all knowledge that has been collected so far. That includes technical details, background infos, guides how to recover private keys from different online wallets, later also tutorials how to install or compile the client for differnt platforms, and many more. The lack of information is what I criticize most on the current website.

Good work, this looks amazing! I can write about some technical details (mini-blockchains, pos, some attacks).
I would do it on a low-priority level though as I am working heavily on the client at the moment.

I have not yet taken a deeper look into it, but is it possible to use the wiki markup language for the articles?
Isarmatrose

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:16:37 PM

Good work, this looks amazing! I can write about some technical details (mini-blockchains, pos, some attacks).
I would do it on a low-priority level though as I am working heavily on the client at the moment.

I have not yet taken a deeper look into it, but is it possible to use the wiki markup language for the articles?

Afaik it's not possible to use WML, but there is a nice editor which allows you to easily write and edit your articles. HTML is also fine if you need something beyond the basic features.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:28:04 PM

Cool! And how can I or anyone else who is interested in writing get "access" to this editor?
Isarmatrose

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:26:42 PM

I have added a logo to http://elastic-project.org, but I am not very happy with it. It's basically a twitter knockoff. Maybe some has the time to do something better, maybe something entirely in white so we keep the design flat.
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:09:29 PM

Following, sounds like a good project.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
palawan

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:50:45 AM

When going to http://elastic.pro/donations the donation address is smugged out with a red tag and message.Based on my ip address i dont agree to the terms?  Am i doing something wrong.. The donation address wont show on the screen.

If i use a proxy i can see the address and tried that but get a error from my counterparty wallet:

Sorry, we got an error when trying to do the requested action: 'JSON-RPC Error:
Type: Server error

Code: -32000

' (API method: create_send).

I could not donate using my counterparty wallet also and I was getting the same error as you.

I had to use my bitcoin-qt wallet (which I can access the private keys from).

halu
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:47:53 AM

Waiting for your thoughts about this idea.

This is a very interesting point. I will have to get a cup of tea and think an hour or two about this.
I hope we can get Dazza to brainstorm with us on this one, because he originally proposed to keep the POS rewards as minimal as possible when we were discussing this question back then.
hi EK, Lannister, I have a PhD in pharmacy and minor in Psychology. Please let me know if I could be of any assistance ( of course as a Volunteer).

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
Isarmatrose

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:55:27 PM

Hello World!

I have continued working on the new website at http://elastic-project.org/. I have added a short explanation of the general idea of the Elastic Project. Could you please check if I have explained everything correctly? Any changes are welcome.

Jonas
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:41:03 PM

Hello World!

I have continued working on the new website at http://elastic-project.org/. I have added a short explanation of the general idea of the Elastic Project. Could you please check if I have explained everything correctly? Any changes are welcome.

Jonas
Wow that looks great already, great job! Cheesy
MorAltsPlease

Activity: 282

Fear only from the fear itself

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:54:45 AM

Because I've been told by several individuals you were deleting any of their posts that question your initiative and incentives here and because the community gave a piece of their mind by not pledging also...is that enough?

First of all, I do not delete anything as it's not my thread.
But from what I know, the only posts that were "deliberately" deleted were those from obvious trolls and from "brainiacs" that did not even read through the thread but pretend to know anyone's incentive ... in most cases with self-estimated and emphasized 99.9% accuracy. If those people are said "individuals" that you usually deal with, then I'd strongly recommend to rethink your social circle.

Besides that, asking someone if he has a bad incentive is absolutely absurd. No matter if you ask an honest person of if you ask a shady thief whether he has any bad incentives or not, you will always get the same answer which is "no!". So asking this question in the first place is a total waste of time.

Do not concern yourself about my close circle I assure you that it is more than fine...My tip for you is learn how to handle criticism and consider your way of marketing and PR
Isarmatrose

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:16:38 AM

Hello World!

I have continued working on the new website. Last night I have modified the forum theme to match the main theme.
If you want you can check it out here: http://forum.elastic-project.org/

The CSS is not 100% perfect, if anyone has time to patch it, feel free. I need a break.

Jonas
nihilnegativum

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 09:21:29 AM

Hello World!

I have continued working on the new website. Last night I have modified the forum theme to match the main theme.
If you want you can check it out here: http://forum.elastic-project.org/

The CSS is not 100% perfect, if anyone has time to patch it, feel free. I need a break.

Jonas
Great, I'd just change the color scheme, there are 16777216 possible colors in RGB and everyone is using twitter blue.
Isarmatrose

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:24:09 AM

Great, I'd just change the color scheme, there are 16777216 possible colors in RGB and everyone is using twitter blue.

Have you seen the main site already?
http://elastic-project.org/

I must admit, I have even knocked off the logo from twitter. But I already wrote that I hope someone else comes up with something nicer than that.
Regarding the color theme, I am open for any suggestions.

Jonas
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:50:48 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 10:14:36 AM by Evil-Knievel

consider your way of marketing and PR

I think nobody here wants any marketing or PR.
This is what I sharply criticize with all these other successful (at least on the surface) coins that are being built at the moment.
Most of them have a wonderful PR, they use dozens of buzz words (internet of things, DAPPs, blah, ...) and they attract many people who are entirely blended. They do everything to lure the last penny out of their users' pockets. Signature campaigns, twitter broadcasts, glossy articles with even glossier faces of the (of course) non-anonymous dev team creating the illusion of "security" ... all this has precedence over the technology itself. No wonder, mostly the tech is just a reinvented wheel (for the 4th or 5th time) ... but the loyal user will ignore that and (thanks to the, I have to admit, very good PR campaigns) jump on the hype train.

I am so happy, that Elastic Project is not this kind of "project".
Here, nobody tries to forcibly convince anyone that this project is the best out there, nobody is wasting time on signature campaigns, nobody needs facebook sockpuppets or any other kind of PR ... I think that anyone who is involved here understands the algorithmic difficulties that this coin is trying to solve and is happy to work on an interesting and challenging piece of open source software.

Unfortunately, in the over-hyped crypto land as we experience it today, not many people are expected to donate towards Elastic Project but if the price otherwise would be to send the science to the background in favor of boring marketing and hype (like in, spending 90% time on the marketing and 10% on the development) then it's just the way it is.

By the way: I have worked for many large projects already. Those who required a project proposal full of buzz words (and no technical profoundness at all) to convince people with little to no knowledge to financially back the project were those with the least charme.
nihilnegativum

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 10:47:05 AM

Have you seen the main site already?
http://elastic-project.org/

I must admit, I have even knocked off the logo from twitter. But I already wrote that I hope someone else comes up with something nicer than that.
Regarding the color theme, I am open for any suggestions.

Jonas
Here are two suggestions: http://imgur.com/a/eGoTl
Lannister (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 500

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 12:03:05 PM

Isarmatrose, you’re a glitterbomb of glory!

I absolutely love the new website. Things are looking pretty spiffy around there, it seems to be faster, easier to navigate for users, and with wordpress easier to manage/update. I took a gander around the site, and I am more than impressed. I suggest we move to the new site and abandon the old one after the donation campaign is over. Meanwhile, I have removed all other content and added a link to the new website on the start page.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: