Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:59:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:24:16 AM

Me too will invest more but in the end of the ico

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gtzanap

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:09:39 PM

If you want to invest, the sooner the better. The amount of coins you get goes down everyday until the end of ICO period

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:28:21 PM

If you want to invest, the sooner the better. The amount of coins you get goes down everyday until the end of ICO period

Yeah waiting is going to minimize the amount of tokens you will get, it's a lot smarter to buy now so you can get as many as you can.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
CryptoVision

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:24:01 AM

Interesting project, I will evaluate the possibility of investing.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 06:16:07 AM

Small update, and very small delay,

today and tomorrow, I am at a conference. I will try to give many screenshots and maybe a video and put the source code on a public git during these two days.
Setting up a demo publicly, so that people can try the wallet functionality without setting up their own node, requires a few more steps: one of the most important ones .. a faucet. It obviously won't work if all testers get access to the same address (that one that holds the demo funds).

Expect leaked code, screenshots, videos, ... shortly.
lujunqing7890

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 08:49:20 AM

I was a rookie, when I was in ICO with BTC core version 0.12.1, the BTC sent to your designated account, and then I backed this BTC wallet. This is not to be able to get credits ICO's XEL friends. . .

lujunqing7890

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 08:53:31 AM

Backup BTC wallet, it wallet.dat this document, it is not you can get XEL? ? ?

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:31:55 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 09:57:31 PM by Evil-Knievel

Sorry for the delays,

There is a lot to do at the moment, the conference that I am attending currently consumes a lot of time and all appointments seem to take place at once ... this week-

Anyway, I think I have done a lot of progress here - even though we are slightly behind the originally planned schedule (whoever planned it, i didn't). I am giving my best to keep up with it, but it would be nice to get some help by one or two more coders who are willing to put some serious time into it.
I am doing it for free (I will never actively ask Lannister for any continuous reward or a salary for my work), in my spare time but yet with full enthusiasm ... so please don't blame me Wink I donated myself and this is my "driver". I want to be able to one day use my XEL to get my research done quicker.

At the current stage we have a coin that has all the basic functions working and it has the protocol extentions working. That means, beyond all the basic stuff like sending coins and messaging other users, the elastic coin users can create new work, cancel it, refund, and so on. All is nicely integrated into the UI. What is still missing is that the actual "work" is done and verified for correctness. This will be the next step and this is developed in a separate github repository. I (or we, I still hope to get some more people working with me) will merge it into the core client once it works rock solid.

What we have now can be executed by anyone locally. If we had a bootstrap node, which we will soon have, we could also test it on the public test net. But before rolling out a demo that runs on a public server (in form of a hosted wallet, so the average joe can try it out without compiling anything) we will need a faucet. Maybe someone wants to do one? After we launch, this faucet might be cool to have anyways.

I have worked 14 hours now today, straight without any break, so I decided not to write much and do screenshots, but to record a small VLOG for those who are interested.

Please, excuse the video quality (and my cursing in between). I have bought an iPad pro and thought it would be a serious performer ... the video looks as if it was recorded with a potato though. I will make something better once I have more time, but the conference has higher priority atm.

I made the code (without the verifiable computation branch) public here. Forgive me, that I did not have the time yet to explain everything and make a detailed tutorial/howto:

https://github.com/OrdinaryDude/elastic-reference-client

Click to watch the ~1/2hour VLOG: (Attention: Recorded with a Potato!!)

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:48:38 PM

I havent watched the video so far but i think i speak for all of us here while saying a big THANK YOU! I didnt know that you are not involved in the donations and can say on my behalf that i am more than willing to share my rewards with you once the project proceeds.
I also hope that some coders will join in, unfortunately i am no coder myself, apart of some CSS and Html. Wink
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:00:24 PM

That video is impressive.  Grin
Did you do all of that on your own?  Roll Eyes

Good job, EK.

lujunqing7890

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 04:12:13 AM

I really do not understand the wallet, also used the Google language, you may not understand, if you know what I mean, I hope you will answer my questions, thank you. ICO is when I use the BTC wallet: Version 0.12.1, I do not know whether. I send BTC to the official address. And wallet inside a man named: File - Backup wallet. It is not able to get my money XEL this matter?
Can you understand what I said?

MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:10:07 AM

Interesting!  Going to keep an eye on this closely.  The small print in the OP Terms and Conditions nearly made me click away.. but something... just something, gives me confidence in this project.....

Reading more, i am a little confused about the donation part.

"Please make sure, that you keep the private keys to the bitcoin addresses you used to send the donated BTC from in a safe place. All XEL are being sent to the public key associated with these addresses."

So when a person sends Bitcoin, the XEL does not appear on the website (like a usual ICO) but they are sent to the public key of the bitcoin address? Is that right? How does that work please. How do i have access to the coins?

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:20:18 AM

So when a person sends Bitcoin, the XEL does not appear on the website (like a usual ICO) but they are sent to the public key of the bitcoin address? Is that right? How does that work please. How do i have access to the coins?

Better, they appear on Github. To be precise, they get appended to the bottom of this file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/elastic-project/genesis-block/master/genesis-block.json

As you have seen above, you log in with a passphrase (same concept as in NXT) where your passphrase if your "brainwallet".

Thee will also be an option to:
a) log in with your Bitcoin private key (to find the coins from the genesis block in there)
and b) log in with your Passphrase and "swipe" the Elastic Coins from your Bitcoin private key to your new account.

All this works without your private key ever leaving your computer (even when using a hosted wallet).
Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:11:54 AM

Is a really nice video but buy please a http://www.ebay.de/itm/ArktisPRO-mobiles-Profi-Stativ-inkl-iPad-Halterung-/262156250880?hash=item3d09baef00:g:9KkAAOSwys5WUrDU

Best Regards ^^

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 10:36:45 AM

"See the iPhone in action."  Grin

Very cool, perhaps the bounties could be used to get you some help on the engine coding?
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:54:50 PM

Better, they appear on Github. To be precise, they get appended to the bottom of this file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/elastic-project/genesis-block/master/genesis-block.json

As you have seen above, you log in with a passphrase (same concept as in NXT) where your passphrase if your "brainwallet".

Thee will also be an option to:
a) log in with your Bitcoin private key (to find the coins from the genesis block in there)
and b) log in with your Passphrase and "swipe" the Elastic Coins from your Bitcoin private key to your new account.

All this works without your private key ever leaving your computer (even when using a hosted wallet).

Using the Private keys to Bitcoin seems like the most unsafe thing a person can do.

What am i missing here, why has it been made this way, it is a little confusing. Or just seems that way.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:23:27 PM

Sorry for the delays,

There is a lot to do at the moment, the conference that I am attending currently consumes a lot of time and all appointments seem to take place at once ... this week-

Anyway, I think I have done a lot of progress here - even though we are slightly behind the originally planned schedule (whoever planned it, i didn't). I am giving my best to keep up with it, but it would be nice to get some help by one or two more coders who are willing to put some serious time into it.
I am doing it for free (I will never actively ask Lannister for any continuous reward or a salary for my work), in my spare time but yet with full enthusiasm ... so please don't blame me Wink I donated myself and this is my "driver". I want to be able to one day use my XEL to get my research done quicker.

At the current stage we have a coin that has all the basic functions working and it has the protocol extentions working. That means, beyond all the basic stuff like sending coins and messaging other users, the elastic coin users can create new work, cancel it, refund, and so on. All is nicely integrated into the UI. What is still missing is that the actual "work" is done and verified for correctness. This will be the next step and this is developed in a separate github repository. I (or we, I still hope to get some more people working with me) will merge it into the core client once it works rock solid.

What we have now can be executed by anyone locally. If we had a bootstrap node, which we will soon have, we could also test it on the public test net. But before rolling out a demo that runs on a public server (in form of a hosted wallet, so the average joe can try it out without compiling anything) we will need a faucet. Maybe someone wants to do one? After we launch, this faucet might be cool to have anyways.

I have worked 14 hours now today, straight without any break, so I decided not to write much and do screenshots, but to record a small VLOG for those who are interested.

Please, excuse the video quality (and my cursing in between). I have bought an iPad pro and thought it would be a serious performer ... the video looks as if it was recorded with a potato though. I will make something better once I have more time, but the conference has higher priority atm.

I made the code (without the verifiable computation branch) public here. Forgive me, that I did not have the time yet to explain everything and make a detailed tutorial/howto:

https://github.com/OrdinaryDude/elastic-reference-client

Click to watch the ~1/2hour VLOG: (Attention: Recorded with a Potato!!)

Very informative video.  Thanks for putting this together, it really clarified a lot of my questions.
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:14:34 PM

EK,
Thank you very much for your hard work. 14 hours of work is a lot. Have some sleep
Take care
gtzanap

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:20:14 PM

Using the Private keys to Bitcoin seems like the most unsafe thing a person can do.

What am i missing here, why has it been made this way, it is a little confusing. Or just seems that way.

Why is it unsafe? Seriously, I don't see the problem.

As to why they did it, I suppose its for convenience and transparency. We can already see what addresses get what amount of coin in the genesis block. We can all recognize our own address yet the info is still private because only we know which transactions refer to us.

No need to sign up on a web site, declare XEL addresses when wallets are available, etc etc. Tbh, the system seems excellent.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dedale59

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:13:20 PM

Hi,

simple question : how to participate in the ICO?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: