Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:44:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 11:15:24 AM

I am very interested in the project and I am willing to generate some articles on various technical topics for you, or graphics / workflows to outline processes. Eager to help out, looking for a bit of direction with the immediate needs first.  

Any sig. campaign planned yet?

I love the first part ;-) If you have any ideas I would just do it, and if you need your time to be compensated just shoot Lannister a PM and work something out. Great to see you on board.

For the second part: I hope there will never ever ever ever be a signature campaign  Grin  Even though Lannister obviously has a Elastic signature, which for my taste is a "borderline case"  Cheesy
Hi EK, Lannister, sorry, I've been busy lately. I'll be glad to proofread at no charge.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lannister (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 500

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:00:36 AM

Has any progress been made in writing the articles for the knowledge base?

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:45:37 AM

Has any progress been made in writing the articles for the knowledge base?

why do you block all private messages Lannister?
Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:19:17 AM

I always used to be a very privacy-concerned person. Unfortunately, the privacy practices here at bitcointalk.org do not meet any of my personal expectations. Deleted messages, for example, are saved forever. Even worse, same applies to private messages that are deleted by just one party. I would expect that information, that a user has disclosed in a relationship of trust (as in a private message), will not be divulged to others without permission. Unfortunately, this has happened multiple times in the past.

As a matter of fact, I have decided to exclusively communicate under the cover of Bitmessage.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
bitbitch

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:42:04 AM

I always used to be a very privacy-concerned person. Unfortunately, the privacy practices here at bitcointalk.org do not meet any of my personal expectations. Deleted messages, for example, are saved forever. Even worse, same applies to private messages that are deleted by just one party. I would expect that information, that a user has disclosed in a relationship of trust (as in a private message), will not be divulged to others without permission. Unfortunately, this has happened multiple times in the past.

As a matter of fact, I have decided to exclusively communicate under the cover of Bitmessage.

i see.

after installing bitmessage how would i go about sending a message to, for example, you? Are you using 'Lannister' as your bitmessage ID?

Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:51:32 AM

after installing bitmessage how would i go about sending a message to, for example, you? Are you using 'Lannister' as your bitmessage ID?

My Bitmessage ID is BM-2cXXoFkRtXKvV4oiJcJjBXyYBiqo8Eibmc.

bitbitch

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:53:36 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2016, 09:11:57 AM by bitbitch

My Bitmessage ID is BM-2cXXoFkRtXKvV4oiJcJjBXyYBiqo8Eibmc.

thanks.

would you recommend i create an address with a random number, or with a passphrase?

Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:56:06 AM

thanks.

You're welcome. If privacy and confidentiality are important to you and if it is allowed in your jurisdiction, you should consider using Bitmessage as your main communication channel even for every-day communication with your family and friends. You want to keep your digital footprint as small as possible.

Isarmatrose

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:58:40 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2016, 12:21:28 PM by Isarmatrose

Hello World,

I have added a screenshot to the website at http://elastic-project.org. We also have new colors, I have removed the Twitterblue.
Now I am working at the algorithmic challenge sections, which is meant to describe why we need Elastic, what complex problem it solves (a problem that centralized solutions do not have, decentralized verifiable computation), and how it is different from centralized solutions like BOINC. All pseudo-technical so both beginners and experts can understand it and not more then 100-200 words so it does not overload the front page. Native speaker wanted, and I hope Lannister goes with me if I suggest a 0.05 BTC bounty for that. Should be not more than a 10 minute work.

Jonas
Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 12:44:40 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2016, 04:10:28 PM by Lannister

I approve the 0.05 BTC bounty. Besides, I cannot express how much I dislike the current logo. I have announced a bounty for the creation of a better one in the form of a contest:

Hi,

The offer is brought to you on behalf of the Elastic Project. Elastic Project is an innovative way to link the power of cloud computing with the reliability of the blockchain technology.
Our website is developed by independent community members at http://www.elastic-project.org.

Your task is to create a new, nicely looking logo (that fits the website design) and submit it by May 7th, 2016 8pm GMT here in this thread.
Remember: simple is better. Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.

You agree that all posted logos are published in the public domain.
After the submission deadline, I will create a public poll, lasting for 24 hours, and let the community decide which one we take.
The poll will be restricted to accounts that have been registered before the creation date of this thread.

The winner receives a bounty of 0.10 BTC. If the logo we eventually pick is different from the logo that has won in the poll, both designers will receive 0.10 BTC each. Designers are solely responsible to determinate what, if any, taxes apply to this bounty.

Participate here.

BigBoom3599

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 02:17:27 PM

Hello World,

I have added a screenshot to the website at http://elastic-project.org. We also have new colors, I have removed the Twitterblue.
Now I am working at the algorithmic challenge sections, which is meant to describe why we need Elastic, what complex problem it solves (a problem that centralized solutions do not have, decentralized verifiable computation), and how it is different from centralized solutions like BOINC. All pseudo-technical so both beginners and experts can understand it and not more then 100-200 words so it does not overload the front page. Native speaker wanted, and I hope Lannister goes with me if I suggest a 0.05 BTC bounty for that. Should be not more than a 10 minute work.

Jonas
The site is looking really awesome! I agree with the idea of a 0.05 BTC bounty
narielle

Activity: 368

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 02:32:54 PM

interesting project.
Watching.
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 04:23:03 PM

Hello World,

Jonas
Awesome work, thank you!
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 04:59:54 PM

Any progress on the development?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:07:54 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2016, 05:20:33 PM by Evil-Knievel

I am working a lot on the protocol "under the hood" right now. I avoided giving a visual update because there is none.

My goal is to be able to do a video demonstration by the middle of next week where you can submit work on "client 1",
and see "client 2" receiving that work and starting to contibute CPU power to it (visible in the Task Manager) while periodically earning Elastic Coins.
At the same time we will see how "client 1" receives his desired solutions to his work.

All without being cryptographically secure yet, of course. This will follow in a month or two. It's just meant to demonstrate the working network protocol.

If anyone of you has a simple idea what "work" we could use for the demonstration, feel free to tell me. It must be something simple that can be "bruteforced" like for example "mining a block for some CPU coin"). I think a distributed optimization with multiple iterations would be godlike, but also way too hard to understand by someone who is not doing that stuff every day.
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 06:43:52 PM

I am working a lot on the protocol "under the hood" right now. I avoided giving a visual update because there is none.

My goal is to be able to do a video demonstration by the middle of next week where you can submit work on "client 1",
and see "client 2" receiving that work and starting to contibute CPU power to it (visible in the Task Manager) while periodically earning Elastic Coins.
At the same time we will see how "client 1" receives his desired solutions to his work.

All without being cryptographically secure yet, of course. This will follow in a month or two. It's just meant to demonstrate the working network protocol.

If anyone of you has a simple idea what "work" we could use for the demonstration, feel free to tell me. It must be something simple that can be "bruteforced" like for example "mining a block for some CPU coin"). I think a distributed optimization with multiple iterations would be godlike, but also way too hard to understand by someone who is not doing that stuff every day.
sure, there is cpu only coin called HOdlcoin. to bad diff is to high for u to demonstrate solo mining blocks but there is a pool and it would also be a good demo.

HODL OP:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317918

looking forward

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
yang5034

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:11:27 PM

i saw that on the github from  Apr 11, 2016 till now ,no commits,i wonder for about  a month ,what has been done for the project?
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:35:15 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2016, 04:48:19 PM by Evil-Knievel

i saw that on the github from  Apr 11, 2016 till now ,no commits,i wonder for about  a month ,what has been done for the project?

A lot! Isarmatrose has built a wonderful website,
Some people have started working on the knowledge base, Lannister does some logo contests at the moment and I have written
my last update and my plan for the this month in this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg14572989#msg14572989. Right now, I am working on the protocol as I have written here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg14753233#msg14753233 (actually two posts above this one).

I will make the new git repository public as soon as I can.
Upset Porpoise

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:38:53 PM

This project is so under the radar. Has there been any suggestions on how to market elastic project?
bkeenan

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:45:10 PM

I can not seem to find my donation here.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/elastic-project/genesis-block/master/genesis-block.json
It looks like maybe it has not been updated since February?
Thanks for the assistance and good luck on your project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: