Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:14:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
btcnoob85

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 09:57:37 PM

Agreed

░▒▓▓▒░ THE MOVEMENT DAO |  UNSTOPPABLE ORGANIZATION ░▒▓▓▒░
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheDR

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:41:10 PM

I never setup mining on any coin before. I attempted to mine btc back in it's ancient times but should of tried harder lol. I decided I want to be an Elastic miner and would like tips on what hardware and learning I should acquire.
marechoux

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:47:39 PM

Hi Lannister,

First, thanks for the time spent in order to transfert the ownership of some accounts.

With the deal I have done with Jeremy, it seems that he has done everything right and on my side I sent the btc, so could you confirm the transfert of ownership is ok and definitive?

Now I have to apologize in advance because I would like your help again for another transfert of ownership from "TheDR", he is going to sign the same message as Jeremy with some of his accounts in order to give me the ownership of his XEL.

So could you tell me when everything is ok and I have the ownership of his XEL in order I can send him the btc? Is it ok if I use the same public key / address?

I don't want to use your time neither to pollute the thread with these transferts of ownership, so I declare that after the transfert from "TheDR" I will not accept any other deal but I will make a donation instead in order to help the project and be more involved.

As you have may noticed I am technically closer to a noob than an expert but I do understand the economics behind crypto, so I will try to help in this field later.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1182

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:52:51 PM

Why not buy on ico ? It would be better and faster .

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
btcnoob85

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 05:49:03 PM

Why not buy on ico ? It would be better and faster .

Faster it would be but more expensive as well. I guess the deal is to get the early investments when XEL to BTC was quite more favorable.

btcnoob85

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 05:52:11 PM

Just check http://www.elastic.pro/donations to see the XEL/BTC going from 8000 XEL per BTC in the beginning to 4000 XEL per BTC at the end of the ICO

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 06:01:06 AM

agreed!  Smiley
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:49:54 PM

I agree. No rush to launch lite client until the donation period ends.

EK should be free to allocate his time in getting on with the core project development rather than managing multiple genesis blocks.
I agree 100%. Guys, please don't let anyone push you. You are in the right track.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
szenekonzept
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 12:37:57 PM

Any progress on the development?

I am working a lot on the protocol "under the hood" right now. I avoided giving a visual update because there is none.

My goal is to be able to do a video demonstration by the middle of next week where you can submit work on "client 1",
and see "client 2" receiving that work and starting to contibute CPU power to it (visible in the Task Manager) while periodically earning Elastic Coins.
At the same time we will see how "client 1" receives his desired solutions to his work.

All without being cryptographically secure yet, of course. This will follow in a month or two. It's just meant to demonstrate the working network protocol.

If anyone of you has a simple idea what "work" we could use for the demonstration, feel free to tell me. It must be something simple that can be "bruteforced" like for example "mining a block for some CPU coin"). I think a distributed optimization with multiple iterations would be godlike, but also way too hard to understand by someone who is not doing that stuff every day.
Prime numbers solving or find convergent solutions to any already solved differential equation?? I'm sure in this forum there is some mathematicians that can give you some good ideas about this...

Hey see your discussion and maybe this helps, we just ported Hodl to a new core and built in a shield against the chain stopping at low mining rates,
we also built a new tricky diff retargeting algo with a dual KGW algo. (two kgw, one hardcoded to check against)

hope that helps, here is our GIT
https://github.com/LIMXTEC/Europecoin-V3

sharing is caring,
Matthias

Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:45:35 PM

Any progress on the development?

I am working a lot on the protocol "under the hood" right now. I avoided giving a visual update because there is none.

My goal is to be able to do a video demonstration by the middle of next week where you can submit work on "client 1",
and see "client 2" receiving that work and starting to contibute CPU power to it (visible in the Task Manager) while periodically earning Elastic Coins.
At the same time we will see how "client 1" receives his desired solutions to his work.

All without being cryptographically secure yet, of course. This will follow in a month or two. It's just meant to demonstrate the working network protocol.

If anyone of you has a simple idea what "work" we could use for the demonstration, feel free to tell me. It must be something simple that can be "bruteforced" like for example "mining a block for some CPU coin"). I think a distributed optimization with multiple iterations would be godlike, but also way too hard to understand by someone who is not doing that stuff every day.
Prime numbers solving or find convergent solutions to any already solved differential equation?? I'm sure in this forum there is some mathematicians that can give you some good ideas about this...

Hey see your discussion and maybe this helps, we just ported Hodl to a new core and built in a shield against the chain stopping at low mining rates,
we also built a new tricky diff retargeting algo with a dual KGW algo. (two kgw, one hardcoded to check against)

sharing is caring,
Matthias

Yes this is correct @ Matt ^^ Write a PM if you question about the git.

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:49:13 PM

It's so quiet in here, so I feel I have to give some kind of update to what I have done.

You have probably seen a lot of activity in the github repository. At the moment I am working on many of the small details of the protocol including:

- making sure that bounties are correctly paid. This is not trivial because, unlike POW rewards, which are paid immediately, bounties are collected and then, after a job is closed, timeouted or runs out of funds, the bounty fund is split among all bounty submissions.
- making sure that work timeouts work flawlessly, and that the remaining funds are refunded properly.

This requires some special treatment in the block validation routines: a block MUST for example enforce a job cancellation transaction if the blockheight is equal to the work expiration block height. And with all cancellations we have a list of bounty payments that have to be ensured to be in the block.

This is a bit different to bitcoin, because in our case certain transactions HAVE to be there and some of them HAVE to come together with other transactions. In bitcoin, each transaction is independent.

Furthermore, I have spent a lot of time addressing rounding problems. As some "arbitrary" design decisions had to be made, I share my thoughts with you here so anyone of you can give his veto if not agreed:

Common problems when working with fractions!
==============================================

== 1. Rounding error on bounty payments may occur, which would normally cause little fractions of XEL being destroyed. 1 XEL, to recall, is described by 100000000 NQT.

Example:
- The Bounty fund (for fucks sake) is 100000001 NQT
- We have two bounty submissions
- Each submitter is credited half of the bounty fund
- As we have no fractional NQTs, everyone would get 50000000.
- 1 NQT (which cannot be split up) would get lost
- Even though 1 NQT is almost nothing, we do not want any deflation.

The lack of subNQT values is essential here, so we track how many NQT would actually get lost. Those NQT get assigned to "someone" "randomly". I suggest the lowest account number of all bounty submisions (this is deterministic and unique) is credited those rounding-error-NQT.

This NQT saving function is implemented in BlockImpl.java in function checkIfBlockContainsNecessaryBountyPaymentTransactions();

== 2. Same problem may occur when a job is being created. Usually you attach some amount of XEL which gets split up in 60% which go to the proof-of-work fund (we need to write that down in some blog so people can understand this scheme easily), and 40% go to the pow found.

Due to the lack of fractions, we are faced with the same problem. Fractions of XEL might be lost when the split 60:40 would result in sub-NQT values which get ignored.

Here, I also suggest to track how many NQT would get lost due to such split, and add it by default back to the proof of work fund.

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:59:56 PM

Thank you very much ;-) This looks pretty good! I will try to get a DETAILED look at your project this afternoon  Wink
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 07:48:58 PM

WTB XEL at rate 8000 XEL / BTC, I am open for discussion about the price.

I accept only if lannister is doing escrow and can insure me that I will have the full ownership of XEL with no risk of stealing from the seller.

PM me if interested

but why on forum?
you can buy it on "ico" site

I have tempted to answer but my post has been deleted.

Should I know the reason?

Anyway that's strange, I will try to answer again without any deleting;

So I have seen in the thread that some people wished to sell their XEL ( for reasons that I don't know, maybe increased price of BTC / some bills to pay / etc ...), so I am offering to buy back their XEL but at a better rate than current IPO price.

On my side I get more XEL  and on their side they can cash out.

I am just asking and if you are not intertested you can just don't pay attention to my offer, and if you are interested you just have to PM me.

No one has their XEL to sell yet.

btcnoob85

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 12:35:51 PM

The project is advancing fast and it gets solid. There will be nobody seriously sell at this stage. Why they should? Get it from the donation side. It is more expensive now but that's life.

marechoux

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 09:52:54 AM

First I will not explain again my logical and respectful reasons to want to get XEL from early buyers before to make a donation, it has already been explained and if some people cannot read my post or understand they better no post and anyway they don't deserve my time.

Besides I have spent some time to read the last half of this thread and I have some questions if Evil-Knievel and / or Lannister wishes to answer them.

Earlier "Dazza" was working with you and specifically on the computational side of the project, I would like to say the core of the project. Now it seems that Dazza has some personal issues and did not appear on btctalk since few months, so it seems possible that he will not contribute on this project anymore.

According to EK, dazza was a key element for this project, so I would like to know if even without Dazza both of you are still confident to be able to achieve this project ?

If I go to the website http://forum.elastic-project.org/ I cannot see any post and the forum is totally empty, like there is only the frontpage and no activity, the only articles are about wordpress.
Am I on the good website, do I need to register to see the activity?

A last question is about the donation collected, I would like to know how long time the devellopement of the project can be funded with the remaining BTC considering the value of BTC remain the same?

btcnoob85

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 05:39:51 PM

If I red your posts correctly you wish to get a discount and after this you want to donate at the current rate and become a part of the project.
Did you buy already to current rates? I'm just asking without any offense  Smiley I'm a friendly guy.

marechoux

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:14:48 PM

If I red your posts correctly you wish to get a discount and after this you want to donate at the current rate and become a part of the project.
Did you buy already to current rates? I'm just asking without any offense  Smiley I'm a friendly guy.

I did not donate at current rate as I was waiting for another early donator to get his XEL, but he seems not interested anymore...

But anyway I will make donation at current rate for sure, I will try a tiny amount to check that everything is working fine then I will make a bigger one.

Hope that answer your question  Wink
marechoux

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:35:43 PM

I did not donate at current rate as I was waiting for another early donator to get his XEL, but he seems not interested anymore...

But anyway I will make donation at current rate for sure, I will try a tiny amount to check that everything is working fine then I will make a bigger one.

Hope that answer your question  Wink

I started a little donation yesterday just as a test.

Now I am waiting for EK / Lannister to answer my question if they can afford a little time for this in order to provide a much bigger donation.

I am expecting an honest answer from them, I guess I will get it as regarding their history in bitcointalk they don't really like  hype / greed and seem trustworthy.

After my donation I will try to expose my view on the economics behind XEL in order to contribute to the project as much as I can.

Not sure it will be helpfull but at least I will try to help Smiley
Lannister (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 500

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 02:15:56 PM

First I will not explain again my logical and respectful reasons to want to get XEL from early buyers before to make a donation, it has already been explained and if some people cannot read my post or understand they better no post and anyway they don't deserve my time.

Besides I have spent some time to read the last half of this thread and I have some questions if Evil-Knievel and / or Lannister wishes to answer them.

Earlier "Dazza" was working with you and specifically on the computational side of the project, I would like to say the core of the project. Now it seems that Dazza has some personal issues and did not appear on btctalk since few months, so it seems possible that he will not contribute on this project anymore.

According to EK, dazza was a key element for this project, so I would like to know if even without Dazza both of you are still confident to be able to achieve this project ?

If I go to the website http://forum.elastic-project.org/ I cannot see any post and the forum is totally empty, like there is only the frontpage and no activity, the only articles are about wordpress.

A last question is about the donation collected, I would like to know how long time the devellopement of the project can be funded with the remaining BTC considering the value of BTC remain the same?

As I have written in the terms and conditions this project is developed with no guarantee of success, for legal reasons which i am sure everyone can appreciate. In the quoted post above you are asking for a clear commitment from those who contribute to the Elastic project. These people are spending their time and their resources to make Elastic happen and I'm fairly sure they will achieve an excellent outcome. But nobody will make any written promises which could constitute a significant legal burden if, after all, the outcome differs slightly from the estimate.

Frankly, please don't be swayed if others promise you everything you want to hear! You surely remember how they promised that the DAO will revolutionize the way corporations are funded? This promise did not last a month. From good examples we learn how to be, from bad examples we learn how not to be.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
tipto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 05:41:31 PM

As I have written in the terms and conditions this project is developed with no guarantee of success, for legal reasons which i am sure everyone can appreciate. In the quoted post above you are asking for a clear commitment from those who contribute to the Elastic project. These people are spending their time and their resources to make Elastic happen and I'm fairly sure they will achieve an excellent outcome. But nobody will make any written promises which could constitute a significant legal burden if, after all, the outcome differs slightly from the estimate.

Frankly, please don't be swayed if others promise you everything you want to hear! You surely remember how they promised that the DAO will revolutionize the way corporations are funded? This promise did not last a month. From good examples we learn how to be, from bad examples we learn how not to be.

But interedting project. Will give some BTC. Project with sense. Distributed computing is the future.

🚂 Unstoppable Organisation - The Movement DAO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: