Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:17:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450429 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:00:44 AM

More frivolous demands made of devs by people who didn't follow very clear instructions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:15:25 AM

Damn, I've been asking the devs to help me out with my XEL. I sent my donation via Coinbase. Is there anyway to get my XEL even though I don't have the private key? I have proof of the transaction. It's not a lot, but however much it is, I think I should still get my share.

Really sorry for you, but I don't think the devs could help you, even if they believed you, it's not the way cryptography works. Every blockchain has heaps of unaccessible 'dark' coins that have been lost forever because of lost private keys. Once the genesis block is created it's done, the devs can't change it, it's the same vibe as a rollback,  it undermines the whole foundations of crypto. Sorry man! You might have better luck asking coinbase to claim your elastic and send it to you.
HmmMAA

Activity: 1111
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 09:21:13 AM

Damn, I've been asking the devs to help me out with my XEL. I sent my donation via Coinbase. Is there anyway to get my XEL even though I don't have the private key? I have proof of the transaction. It's not a lot, but however much it is, I think I should still get my share.

Maybe ask Coinbase to make the claim for you and send you the coins ? I'm not sure if this can be done , but maybe you should try to ask . 

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." Thomas Sowell
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 10:01:12 AM

Also, cryptodv, you should check your PM for more explanation
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:21:18 PM

How things are going with supernodes implementation? I got an impression it was actually decided to go that route, is that correct?

Also, is 300K collateral is decided, or its under question still? I wrote a small suggestion on this few pages back, but it got immediately buried under other posts, I just woke nder if something like that could be considered, or it is not doable, or not going to work?

... this space is not for rent ...
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 04:20:48 PM

How things are going with supernodes implementation? I got an impression it was actually decided to go that route, is that correct?

Also, is 300K collateral is decided, or its under question still? I wrote a small suggestion on this few pages back, but it got immediately buried under other posts, I just woke nder if something like that could be considered, or it is not doable, or not going to work?

The supernode infrastructure (so basically the core client) is basically done, I try to keep up with the inofficial deadline of tomorrow.
However, like we said earlier, new TODOs may arise and so far, the one TODO that is still open is getting the "supernode verifier" done. Don't worry, it's not a big deal because it will be just integrated into the miner.

Let me quickly check the message you're referring to!
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 05:33:56 PM

The supernode infrastructure (so basically the core client) is basically done, I try to keep up with the inofficial deadline of tomorrow.
However, like we said earlier, new TODOs may arise and so far, the one TODO that is still open is getting the "supernode verifier" done. Don't worry, it's not a big deal because it will be just integrated into the miner.

Thanks for info!
I was referring to this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg17647132#msg17647132

This one also seems relevant: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg17647132#msg17647132  Grin

... this space is not for rent ...
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 06:25:34 PM

Thanks for info!
I was referring to this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg17647132#msg17647132

This one also seems relevant: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg17647132#msg17647132  Grin

EK, how is this going to work/be enforced?

" If a supernode behaves maliciously (when it can be proven that a result was accepted while it's bad) the 300,000 XEL are gone"

hagie

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:08:08 AM

Thanks for info!

EK, how is this going to work/be enforced?

" If a supernode behaves maliciously (when it can be proven that a result was accepted while it's bad) the 300,000 XEL are gone"

From a complete technical-noobish point of view:

How about having some kind of "recall period" based on time or blocks. Time for the client which creates the job and payed for it to ask for validation of one or some other instances and if the work is proven wrong the xel payment may be reversed.

Like the recall period when you buy goods and see it's defective .

regards

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:39:01 AM

(…)

How about having some kind of "recall period" based on time or blocks. Time for the client which creates the job and payed for it to ask for validation of one or some other instances and if the work is proven wrong the xel payment may be reversed.

regards

[/quote]

Elastic Network is designed for "hard to solve, easy to verify" problems, so validation would be happening anyway, wouldn`t it?

Reversing payment on a blockchain without the owners input is dangerous, if not an absolute no-go. If anything, you'd have to create some kind of built-in escrow, or put the XEL in limbo for a given time.

Apart from that, if you have big and complicated jobs, you have the problem, that a malicious job author may claim a solution is not valid, although it is. This is pretty much the No. 1 problem of Golem.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 03:23:51 PM

regards

Indeed, that's a very nice idea! We should use it in combination with a large deposit though, otherwise super nodes could just "give it a shot" and hope that their manipulation stays undetected.
Again, I guess each author should be limited in the amount of such "verification requests" ... maybe at most one per job might be a good parameter?
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:10:01 PM

Voting started here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg15984121#msg15984121

However you may want to back few pages to see backlog of discussion that took place that time.

Thanks for linking this.

I recognize my vote probably wouldn't have made a difference (I only have a little over 9k coins AFTER the vote to increase supply), just wanted to see the process so I could better understand how the community is going about things. Going to spend some more time reading, but after a quick scan, it looks like this was done pretty well. If there is another vote at some point I'll try to get my voice heard lol
ghoom2

Activity: 548
Merit: 265

My old account was "Ghoom" (hacked) u=199247

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:41:15 PM

Voting started here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg15984121#msg15984121

However you may want to back few pages to see backlog of discussion that took place that time.

Thanks for linking this.

I recognize my vote probably wouldn't have made a difference (I only have a little over 9k coins AFTER the vote to increase supply), just wanted to see the process so I could better understand how the community is going about things. Going to spend some more time reading, but after a quick scan, it looks like this was done pretty well. If there is another vote at some point I'll try to get my voice heard lol

You can vote for Evil-Knievel to become president.  Smiley

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ███████c█████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:47:55 AM

is it possible to release a XEL token based on Ethereum platform?
also why golem choose ethereum platform? what's the benefit?
why XEL is better than golem platform?
thank you.
Thefrolly

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 02:31:15 PM

is it possible to release a XEL token based on Ethereum platform?
also why golem choose ethereum platform? what's the benefit?
why XEL is better than golem platform?
thank you.

i dont know how updated this is, but could maybe help you : http://elastic-project.com/comparison_with_other_solutions

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:22:53 PM

Once mainnet is live I think it will be a good idea to initiate as many requests from the community to ask Polo to add xel on their platform (if they do not decide to add it on their own accord anyway). Same goes to any major exchange (Bittrex and major Chinese outlets).
I have no doubt Elastic will make a lot of noise, these are the last moments of under the radar before the flood   Grin
titan20

Activity: 427

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:45:05 PM

I don't think exchanges are important at the moment.

More important is to find a way how customers, who want to buy computing power from the elastic network, can do this 'in-wallet'.

It would be a hassle to go through an exchange to buy XEL and then buy the computing power.

I am also interested in the economics of the Elastic model.

Demand for XEL would consist of:
- People who want to buy computing power need XEL
- The miners (they are called miners not?) who want to receive XEL for solving problems
- People who want to speculate on the price of XEL

Supply for XEL:
- The miners who earn XEL and want to sell
- The (ico) holders who want to sell

I think there is a risk that could destroy XEL.
If the coin becomes too popular with speculators (with rising prices) the computing power price of the XEL network becomes too expensive. No new customers (who need computing power) will enter the XEL ecosystem. Which shall have a negative effect on the development of the computing power capacity of the XEL network.

This would be a negative spiral. With no network computing capacity. No new customers would be willing to invest time to broadcast a problem to be solved by ....?

Just a few thoughts. Don't know if there is a solution for this or supply and demand dynamics will solve this in a magical way.

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:51:54 PM

I don't think exchanges are important at the moment.

More important is to find a way how customers, who want to buy computing power from the elastic network, can do this 'in-wallet'.

It would be a hassle to go through an exchange to buy XEL and then buy the computing power.

I am also interested in the economics of the Elastic model.

Demand for XEL would consist of:
- People who want to buy computing power need XEL
- The miners (they are called miners not?) who want to receive XEL for solving problems
- People who want to speculate on the price of XEL

Supply for XEL:
- The miners who earn XEL and want to sell
- The (ico) holders who want to sell

I think there is a risk that could destroy XEL.
If the coin becomes too popular with speculators (with rising prices) the computing power price of the XEL network becomes too expensive. No new customers (who need computing power) will enter the XEL ecosystem. Which shall have a negative effect on the development of the computing power capacity of the XEL network.

This would be a negative spiral. With no network computing capacity. No new customers would be willing to invest time to broadcast a problem to be solved by ....?

Just a few thoughts. Don't know if there is a solution for this or supply and demand dynamics will solve this in a magical way.

to solve the problem of too expensive xel it could implement a variable cost factor
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:55:08 PM

Price per computational unit is not fixed. Its a bidding process, as price per XEL rises price for computational work declines.

All these topics have been discussed long time ago and were one of the reasons to choose a higher XEL supply as obv there is a lower limit to any bid which is 1 XEL.
jaroag

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:35:16 AM

Hello guys!

Need help with the miner setup on mac

Code:
:build $ make
[ 42%] Built target jansson
[ 46%] Linking C executable ../xel_miner
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_dlmopen", referenced from:
      _create_instance in xel_compiler.c.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [../xel_miner] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/xel_miner.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It seems a problem with dlmopen, any idea?

Thanks!!
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: