Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:25:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450445 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:17:10 PM

no yobit please, they are scammers

Has Yobit ever directly scammed someone?  I know they arguably operate in the weasel zone insofar as adding even questionable coins, but they have never done anything like actually steal money from my account, not in the year I've used them.

Yobit has higher volume on most altcoins than any exchange other than Poloniex.

Of course, I'm not adverse to Poloniex, if or when it happens.

I log into yobit almost daily but I don't think we should try to be getting listed there. Yobit is a place for shitcoins, volatility, pumping and dumping- XEL is a legitimate coin with real potential. Poloniex or ttrex is the way to go, in my opinion.

Actually, we can't stop Yobit - they can list XEL (and any other coin) whenever they want.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

after Elastic release..we will see a 10M-50M marketcap..

That depends where it gets listed. If it gets on Poloniex potentially, however then Evil-Knievel will have to fully dox himself to the Poloniex decision makers since they need devs to be fully verified before even considering adding a coin nowadays. Bittrex also requires full verification so if he doesn't want to do it, you're stuck at yobit/c-cex/cryptopia.

We can easily name someone else as representative. In the end exchanges just want a connection in case something goes wrong in the network.

Well, I am far from anonymous and I have nothing to hide, but I just code and always will ... I do not want to appear as any representative of anything. I have no power to decide anything and I have no ambitions to take any responsibility.

I would love to see someone pull the strings here!

Maybe ImI can/want to do this??
laugh2btc

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 11:36:11 PM

but I just code and always will ...

I love this guy! That´s a REAL DEV! 

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:16:58 AM

Anyone care to give a quick summary on this project?

I read the information given so far, but I'm still a bit confused.
wwdz99

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:48:55 AM

The new testnet only makes sense when there is at least one super node online. Otherwise, you cannot submit any work at all.
But what is the screenshot about?

Any step to build a super node? Thx
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 04:58:34 AM

Elastic is a decentralised computer with its own language; ElasticPL. Mainet will be launched soon. You will be able to mine coins and there possibly will be supernodes...
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:02:34 PM

Elastic is a decentralised computer with its own language; ElasticPL. Mainet will be launched soon. You will be able to mine coins and there possibly will be supernodes...

The XEL is already pre-mined (they're actually tokens) that scientists, institutions, etc. use to buy the processing power of the members of the community (they'll need to buy them on exchanges).  The Super nodes validate that the work has been done...... I think.
LiskQH

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:11:11 PM

I look for an opportunity to buy 20000 XEL, send your offers to me to PM
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:06:21 PM

I look for an opportunity to buy 20000 XEL, send your offers to me to PM

hopefully after march, you can buy some at OTC market.
but you can find some escrow at XEL trade thread.
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:16:13 PM

do we have the timeline when community can release this mainnet?

thank you

running farm worldwide
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 11:03:46 PM

Hi Community,

I am writing you to give you a short overview of what we have done so far, why we have done it, and what (from our point of view) still has to be done - and when. I have been moving to a new town in the last days, so

First of all, we had a last-minute idea - the idea of introducing so called super nodes. The reasons were:

1. Since earlier everyone had to verify work, we were very limited: we had very strict constraints regarding the complexity and memory requirement of work packages, simply due to the reason that the weakest node still has to be able to verify everything in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise, netsplits or node shootdowns would be possible with complex long running tasks. With super nodes we are more flexible: we can set strict requirements that a super node's hardware has to meet and so can allow programs that run longer and use more memory.
Supernodes are basically nodes that do the verification and have no incentive to cheat due to a huge deposit. Contrary to other "well hyped solutions" we do not rely on trust at all ... all calculations and decisions that the super nodes perform can be publicly verified by anyone. For example by the so called guard nodes. These are nodes that randomly cross-check a small fraction of jobs. If they detect that a super node lied, its deposit gets forfeited.

2. Also, earlier a bug in the implementation (causing an infinite loop for example) could halt the whole network since every node is execution the task. Now, the network is safe from this. Also, the super node software will have emergency stop mechanisms that would prevent bugs to crash anything. Again, this design has several benefits here. It's better if one supernode freezes for 15 seconds before it detects the anomaly than if every node in the network freezes for 15 seconds.

3. Also, and this is a PR benefit, the earlier design effectively executed foreign code on the own hardware. While it's super safe due to Elastic PL's nature (our own programming language that does not allow to program anything dangerous), managers who want to use Elastic in their commercial setting might get scared. Now, nobody but the supernodes has to execute anything.

So where are we?
--------------------

We have the code base done that incorporates the new logic into the core client. The supernode functionality is there (except one little detail still missing - the guard node logic). And we have the miner done which - since super nodes and miners execute the same code - can be used for both.

What is missing with deadline dates
----------------------------------------

The following packages are still missing and are planned (not promised) to be finished as follows (London time):

09.02.2017 - The core package with guard logic is finished and goes into code-review mode
12.02.2017 - The supernode extension was added to the miner so that it can be used to verify work of others
13.-14.02.2017 - I am offline
17.02.2017 - Guard node software is finished. Parallely, everything goes into testnet mode for heavy testing
18.02.2017 - Open discussion round here, about how things are working out and specially about the retargeting algorithm that we currently have (there were ideas how to get rid of it)
18-24.02.2017 - Grace period to fix problems that we found in the test net
26.02.2017 - I will have written all details about the system down (both technically and non technically) for those guys of you, who are responsible for the PR parts (website, video, whatever)
27.02.2017 - Last discussion here in the thread
28.02.2017 - Milestone freeze, first ready-to-use version should be finished by then. I (and all the others that work on the code) am/are just (an) interested code monkey/s who love/s fascinating tech. We will not launch anything, we just give the code to the community, so if the community thinks the system (that we suggested) is good, just launch it yourself by using it! Remember: we are doing it for you guys, and not to run a company or something by ourselves. Just do with it whatever you like.

Disclaimer
----------------------------------------
We do not run anything, we do not take responsibility for anything. We code because we love coding, and if in doubt just suggest the appropriate changes and we can figure things out. Nobody forces anyone to use anything, and nobody promises anything. We code as good as we can, ... to reduce the likelihood of bugs (which always may or may not occur) we would appreciate to get more eyes on the code. Also: if you think you can do it better ... then just do it!

After everything works out, I am sure we can think about new cool features that pop into our heads.

See above.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 11:26:19 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 11:49:47 PM by Evil-Knievel

I think we need some kind of a coordinated communication platform with someone pulling the strings behind the scenes. What I see here (and what I have learned from talking with other people off the chain) is, that people more and more get discouraged to actively participate in a public discussion. The reason is simply because of a few (but always recurring) annoyances. Also, I fear that we might even lose some very talented and encouraged people because of this.

So just as a reminder: This project here always has been an totally open "leaderless" community project. But maybe the community could "as a majority" decide to elect some leader who coordinates stuff a little bit, who filters our "bullshit" and who acts as sort of a coach to maintain the team spirit. I would love it.

The annoyances (from my point of view, these are PMs that I actually got which - once read - cause that I close the laptop and do something else for the rest of the day) are not a big deal, but I would nonetheless like to work them off in a short FAQ. I know, they might sound kind of amusing, but if you're on a tight schedule ... they're not:

FAAQ (Frequently Annoying Asked Questions):

Q: "Are you when mainnet are!"
A: "I'd say It's definitely a green giraffe. Would you agree?"

Q: "Tell me ur name now!"
A: "Chuck Norris"

Q: "r you scammer roadmap"
A: "No. Kind Regards, the roadmap!"

Q: "gimme 10 BTC"
A: "I would rather eat a bucket full of **** than give you a single penny"

Q: "u have to get BTC"
A: "I don't want BTC"

Q: "y u don't want BTC"
A: "Because I don't want BTC"

Prolog: "Testnet will be updated on 17.2."
Q (on 11.2.): "Why testnet not work not, r u kiddin?"
A: "Just pull off a Marty McFly!"

Q: "I want get rich"
A: "Mo money mo problems! Keep a low profile!"

Q: "tell me, how what is elastic"
A: "A very tasty pizza topping"

But aside from these examples of actual PMs that I got, someone needs to re-establish and maintain the team spirit ;-) I think this is the most important part.

BTW: I don't mean anyone of you guys here in the thread, the above examples were all from PMs that I received from rather unpleasant characters. There is nothing wrong about asking anything ;-) (even twice or multiple times)
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:13:15 AM

About someone pulling the strings;

Ive been the community manager of QORA and in very hard times I kept the spirit alive in the community. Beside that I found new devs together with Vrontis(another community member) for the project, Because the Qora founder/dev gave the project to the community.

I also set up the twitter campaign, which resulted in almost 3k followers as we speak.

I did frequent updates and did my very best to help with the marketing and brought the right people together.

Vrontis and me left the project after we managed it to give it in good hands. Today Qora is more alive then ever, with very good devs and the community manager of Burst leading the project.

I'm more then happy to do this also for The Elastic Project. I do have an very busy schedule in daily life, so this would be an part time job. This was also the case for the Qora project.

For my work in QORA I received a significant amount of Qora initially from the founder.

So also in this case, I think its very important to create an foundation where people who will actively help the project will get an compensation. If it's me ore someone else, its more then fair that to receive something for the efforts that people make. There are also people who have more then enough and can afford to help just from their love for an project, which of course also would be great.

So just to summarise what I can offer:

-Keep the spirit alive
-Set up a twitter campaign
-Approach marketing company's and get the word out there
-Find the right people who will create promo videos and a website( I know a good one in the crypto community for a good price)
-Just all the non technical manageable stuff

Let me know! Smiley
rekcahxfb_foundation

Activity: 350

CrowdWiz

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:50:21 AM

Goodjob, we are waiting updates. Elastic ll be the best!

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

HashAveli

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 02:01:25 AM

Hey guys! No FUD here, but I heard this is the next big thing here. Like, Ethereum status market cap stuff. Where can I find more info on Elastic. I only have minimal info. Thanks!
Selerius

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 04:08:32 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2017, 04:43:06 AM by Selerius

I don't mean anyone of you guys here in the thread, the above examples were all from PMs that I received from rather unpleasant characters.

Sorry to hear that.

Perhaps the following might help as an interim measure, while awaiting a fancier arrangement:

A partial example could be taken from the opening poster of this thread: Lannister has "I'm blocking all private messages" displayed under his forum name.

You could have: "Messages to me must be posted in the XEL thread, not sent directly."

If messages are posted here, then nearly all could be replied to by other people, leaving about none left unreplied for you.  (Besides, then even the most minor queries would have some benefit at least: bumping the thread so more people hear about Elastic).

I'm no communications manager, but I can occasionally help with an easy in-thread query.  So might probably a dozen others.  Most of us can't help you code, which indeed is precisely why we don't want your valuable time diverted for what others actually can handle.
Selerius

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 04:25:32 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2017, 04:36:31 AM by Selerius

Where can I find more info on Elastic.

While from 5 months ago, the following is relevant:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XEL/comments/50t5yh/some_useful_information/

... including a whitepaper:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/elastic-project/whitepaper/master/whitepaper.pdf

The presently incomplete website will be expanded later.  Currently, one of its most informative parts is:

http://www.elastic-project.com/comparison_with_other_solutions

I am no expert, but the following would be my first quick attempt at a summary:

Elastic operates as a decentralized supercomputer.  Paying some Elastic coins allows anyone to submit a task to the Elastic network, to be calculated by many computers in parallel.  Volunteers run the miner software on their computers, receiving Elastic coins as a reward for their work done.  In Elastic, mining means doing an useful task, ensuring accurate calculations are completed.  Verification is automated, not dependent on a human review or reputation system.

To ensure the network can not be crashed by bad coding in the submitted task, a new programming language was developed for Elastic.  Presently, it is somewhat limited, but it could become far more over time, like having a box of Legos.

Elastic is currently still in the testnet phase but getting increasingly close to being ready to go live.  The mainnet may be launched in March, if all goes well.
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 04:40:00 AM

So this WAS an ICO and sold that way in the beginning.. i participated and have been following for months now and I was previously reassured that maintaining my transaction details would be enough to guarantee receipt of the tokens. I cannot get the private key from bread mobile btc wallet.

How will you right this situation?

The private key is necessary to prove the ownership of your coins (in cryptoland its all about cryptographic proofs).
But no worries, you have the bread wallet recovery phrase! This will be enough to automatically recover your private key and sign the "claim transaction" for your XEL. There will be an easy tool for that! Do not throw your backup mnemonic phrase away!
EK, Sorry for taking your time. When I go to Electrum and put my private key, I get this message "
No inputs found ( Note that inputs need to be confirmed)". Could you please help ? Thank you !

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
Dan The Man

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:24:37 AM

Someone can help me with clarification of the price of ICO?
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 10:36:54 AM

Someone can help me with clarification of the price of ICO?

700 BTC was raised at the ICO.
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: