Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:50:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450429 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
me1507

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gon Totto

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 05:25:53 AM

@Ek , Where are u?
it's really not like EK. He's been communicating regularly for the last 12 months. I don't understand!

Name:   Evil-Knievel
Last Active:   March 04, 2017, 11:22:50 PM

Please patience, give him a time, he planned to freeze the milestone at February 28th, maybe he need a time to test everything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digitalcoins

Activity: 248
Merit: 12

Voronkov Ventures accelerator of pre-seed projects

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 05:45:55 AM

@tomkat, don't get me wrong, but I personally would bet "high roller style" that Golem will not work, despite the uber-promotion.

Maybe you're right, but they have enough traction to stay on the market for some time.

What if you will decide to leave Elastic tomorrow? With Lannister as a black hole, the project is immediately close to extinction, unless someone equally good will be found within short period of time. Who cares that Elastic is operational, and maybe even better than Golem in terms of tech, if it's just small niche project that nobody knows and cares about. Good PR and hype doesn't hurt, does it?

[Edit] And a pro website is something so very basic, that it's unbelievable Elastic has something like this http://www.elastic-project.com/ that is looking like coming from pre-internet era :-) Also, non-operational elastic.pro is used here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1589333.0 from august and nobody takes care.

"coming from pre-internet era"? Smiley That is the genuine wiki style, something all developers and tech professionals appreciate, and something regular users probably hate, as they like big moving pictures with zero information presented  Grin

In general, this project is all about real developers working together. This is exactly what I like here - the ones who actually create value, are the main players here, not the pr/marketing/traders etc.
Golem seems to be a hyped project for the ones who bite to hype, just as Lisk is, for example. IMHO.

Then of course, I understand your point too - at some moment (and this moment is very close), this project will need the ones who will promote it, increase awareness, spread the word and actually find the ones who will use the capabilities offered by EK and friends. This would probably need to go out of the small crypto universe as well, out to the real business world (like IOTA does).
And also your another point is very valid - the security is something this project misses the most. I mean it is based on few people, one of which is practically always absent, and (who knows..?) can disappear any moment with all the BTC invested, and the second one, while being a brilliant developer, already speaks of getting a real-life job.. Smiley. That's not very reassuring, to be honest Smiley

A real foundation needs to be built, with multiple reputable people, both holding the funds and working together... This could make this project shine, like a real diamond.

It indeed looks interesting and we this way of doing things (developers come first) too. But you say that it s in quite advanced stage. As I can see distribution of coins hasn t begun yet in Elastic, date of main net start is not available yet.

Looking for team members for various startups
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:02:52 AM

@tomkat, don't get me wrong, but I personally would bet "high roller style" that Golem will not work, despite the uber-promotion.

Maybe you're right, but they have enough traction to stay on the market for some time.

What if you will decide to leave Elastic tomorrow? With Lannister as a black hole, the project is immediately close to extinction, unless someone equally good will be found within short period of time. Who cares that Elastic is operational, and maybe even better than Golem in terms of tech, if it's just small niche project that nobody knows and cares about. Good PR and hype doesn't hurt, does it?

[Edit] And a pro website is something so very basic, that it's unbelievable Elastic has something like this http://www.elastic-project.com/ that is looking like coming from pre-internet era :-) Also, non-operational elastic.pro is used here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1589333.0 from august and nobody takes care.

"coming from pre-internet era"? Smiley That is the genuine wiki style, something all developers and tech professionals appreciate, and something regular users probably hate, as they like big moving pictures with zero information presented  Grin

In general, this project is all about real developers working together. This is exactly what I like here - the ones who actually create value, are the main players here, not the pr/marketing/traders etc.
Golem seems to be a hyped project for the ones who bite to hype, just as Lisk is, for example. IMHO.

Then of course, I understand your point too - at some moment (and this moment is very close), this project will need the ones who will promote it, increase awareness, spread the word and actually find the ones who will use the capabilities offered by EK and friends. This would probably need to go out of the small crypto universe as well, out to the real business world (like IOTA does).
And also your another point is very valid - the security is something this project misses the most. I mean it is based on few people, one of which is practically always absent, and (who knows..?) can disappear any moment with all the BTC invested, and the second one, while being a brilliant developer, already speaks of getting a real-life job.. Smiley. That's not very reassuring, to be honest Smiley

A real foundation needs to be built, with multiple reputable people, both holding the funds and working together... This could make this project shine, like a real diamond.

It indeed looks interesting and we this way of doing things (developers come first) too. But you say that it s in quite advanced stage. As I can see distribution of coins hasn t begun yet in Elastic, date of main net start is not available yet.
SONM - Supercomputer Organized By Network Mining (www.sonm.io)

so you are a supporter of this project?

running farm worldwide
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:29:01 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2017, 07:52:21 AM by Bgjjj2016

So, what are you trying to say ? Why such indirect talk ? Just go to your point please !
Also, I thought you have a revolutionary supercomputer you're working on . I'm surprised you have time to go different threads, dig up messages from 3 months ago and post them. Aren't you busy ?

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 08:41:13 AM

cross posting!

Well said ! But please don't forget that we have a working product and over 300 people here and on the slack that would do anything ( PR,.....) the second EK gives the green light !

I do love XEL. But I don't like unnecessary hype, which causes people to panic buy, then panic blame/sell. Best to be realistic and constructively critical.

Working product? Let's not claim working product until:

1) it's actually launched
2) it's used to solve real problems

Just having a working product is not enough, we also need a good portfolio of use cases / case studies.

Answer me this: What is the main problem XEL could solve?
(In its current about to be released form, not talking about speculation of what is possible down the road)

i agree hype can cause some ppl react purely emotional and cause some economical damage, however imo hype (pump) is the best PR in cryptoworld. without it projects like xmr, dash, even ltc and btc would never get exposed to such wide userbase and get some kind of mass adoption.  working product without exposure will stay under radar for long time, so long until something comes along and replace it!! so from my experience hype (pump) is necessary evil for project to get exposed and adopted.

Problem that XEL solves? how about cheap computation power we all crave to have access to! although XEL devs don't like to promote it, elastic best selling point imo would be CPU/GPU mining/solving other cryptocurrencies.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
emdje

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 09:48:59 AM

cross posting!

Well said ! But please don't forget that we have a working product and over 300 people here and on the slack that would do anything ( PR,.....) the second EK gives the green light !

I do love XEL. But I don't like unnecessary hype, which causes people to panic buy, then panic blame/sell. Best to be realistic and constructively critical.

Just having a working product is not enough, we also need a good portfolio of use cases / case studies.

(In its current about to be released form, not talking about speculation of what is possible down the road)

i agree hype can cause some ppl react purely emotional and cause some economical damage, however imo hype (pump) is the best PR in cryptoworld. without it projects like xmr, dash, even ltc and btc would never get exposed to such wide userbase and get some kind of mass adoption.  working product without exposure will stay under radar for long time, so long until something comes along and replace it!! so from my experience hype (pump) is necessary evil for project to get exposed and adopted.

Problem that XEL solves? how about cheap computation power we all crave to have access to! although XEL devs don't like to promote it, elastic best selling point imo would be CPU/GPU mining/solving other cryptocurrencies.

Agreed, a slow and steady start with a slow but steady growth is in my opinion much more desirable. To much pump at the start will leave a lot of people with losses and will leave Elastic with a bad name if it is not yet used for its intended purpose.
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 10:40:56 AM

cross posting!

Until EK documents what Elastic is capable of and provides use case examples, we can't let the world know what an amazing project this is.

In order to get people to actually use Elastic and therefore prove its viability we need to be able to target the potential users.

Until we get that information from EK, we can't target potential users and the world will remain totally unaware of what we have.

Normally PR is run alongside development, so the developers can get on with developing and the members of the community that are interested in promoting the software can do just that.

In this case, the only person that knows what has been developed is EK and the rest of the community has to wait until EK informs us about what he has developed, before we can act as a community and promote the software that he has so diligently developed.
MiningSev0

Activity: 206
Merit: 106

Old Account was Sev0 (it was hacked)

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:30:25 AM

cross posting!

Until EK documents what Elastic is capable of and provides use case examples, we can't let the world know what an amazing project this is.

In order to get people to actually use Elastic and therefore prove its viability we need to be able to target the potential users.

Until we get that information from EK, we can't target potential users and the world will remain totally unaware of what we have.

Normally PR is run alongside development, so the developers can get on with developing and the members of the community that are interested in promoting the software can do just that.

In this case, the only person that knows what has been developed is EK and the rest of the community has to wait until EK informs us about what he has developed, before we can act as a community and promote the software that he has so diligently developed.

I think if mainnet is released and we have a fully working system with EPU ("Miner"), Supernodes, Guardnodes and Clients, the users of our system will come to us - maybe we could use some samples, which are easy to proof like generating the 2656872st Prime-number or something like this.

If you are be interested in theoretical physics you could find lot's of use cases, as an example.

New signature to come =D
Diegox

Activity: 329
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:47:05 AM

What about exchanges after launch? Is there a plan how community can reach some good exchanges as Bittrex?

I've heard that Bittrex charge 3 BTC to add a coin to their exchange.
Of course, there are cheaper "scam" exchanges like Yobit, Cryptopia etc, but that is not a deal at all.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:54:45 AM

What about exchanges after launch? Is there a plan how community can reach some good exchanges as Bittrex?

Of course, there are cheaper "scam" exchanges like Yobit, Cryptopia etc, but that is not a deal at all.
don't call cryptopia a scam exchange.
maybe you've mixed up it with C-Cex.

cryptopia would be a good choice for the start.
listing costs 1.000.000 DOT (cryptopias own currency)
that's about 0.2 BTC atm

another option would be livecoin

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:55:32 AM

There's no need to pay for that.

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:57:48 AM

cross posting!

I think if mainnet is released and we have a fully working system with EPU ("Miner"), Supernodes, Guardnodes and Clients, the users of our system will come to us - maybe we could use some samples, which are easy to proof like generating the 2656872st Prime-number or something like this.

If you are be interested in theoretical physics you could find lot's of use cases, as an example.

Ok, say mainnet was released tomorrow.  

Do we know what specs a system will need to run an EPU, Supernode, guardnode or client?  
Do we know specifically that Elastic can crunch Prime numbers?  
Do we know the ratio of reward to work?
How will users come to us if no one is telling them about Elastic and what it can do?

I think this project is brilliant.  I'd love to tell the world about it and see it get used for all the problems that the world can throw at it.  But I haven't a clue whether Elastic will be able to do all the things that I can imagine it can do.

If anyone can state with absolute certainty what it can do, I'd love to hear it.
Diegox

Activity: 329
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:09:12 PM

that's about 0.2 BTC atm

I checked volumes in cryptopia and they are ridiculous, most coins coins have 0.00 - 0.05 btc per 24 hours and only some giants like dash, pasc have 5-6 btc per 24 hours...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
me1507

Activity: 588

Gon Totto

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:17:04 PM

that's about 0.2 BTC atm

I checked volumes in cryptopia and they are ridiculous, most coins coins have 0.00 - 0.05 btc per 24 hours and only some giants like dash, pasc have 5-6 btc per 24 hours...

LOL, i think you need to change your glasses  Cool Cool Cool

almost 15 coin have daily volume more than 10 BTC

all coin volume in 24 hours ~ 520 BTC

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:20:28 PM

A good serious project like xel should be traded on serious exchanges that have the volume, exposure, respectability, it deserves. All small volume outlets should be disregarded. Take into account that it is much easier to create pump/dump scenarios (what we want to avoid) if the coin is traded on a marginal low volume exchange (of course it can be pumped on the big ones, but at least it takes much more finance to do so which makes it at least harder).
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:34:47 PM

cross posting!

Very well said, hype is needed indeed as it's best PR. Apart from that it will serve as a catapult for the XEL to launch it in to the orbit!
Because XEL is such an awesome project with great developers the price is only going to go up while more and more people use the Elastic network to power their work.

lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:35:53 PM

A good serious project like xel should be traded on serious exchanges that have the volume, exposure, respectability, it deserves. All small volume outlets should be disregarded. Take into account that it is much easier to create pump/dump scenarios (what we want to avoid) if the coin is traded on a marginal low volume exchange (of course it can be pumped on the big ones, but at least it takes much more finance to do so which makes it at least harder).

Totally right!

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 12:56:25 PM

+1

the longer we delay this going to the exchanges the better! i am personally more interested in how the interface works and the on going testing/debugging process right now...the exchanges will come to us  Wink
Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 01:31:22 PM

when EK show up again, that means we can release the XEL platform.

Don't jinx it.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 01:41:53 PM

Unfortunately, if any of those smaller exchanges is going to list XEL, then we're not able to do anything.
Exchanges listing is not something that can be controlled.
I also hope exchanges didn't donate anything, so they won't be able to start trading IOUs.
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: