Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:04:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450429 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 04:06:47 AM

Alright I just purchased a new HP laptop yay.
So we can start the Mainnet now ?  Shocked

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:11:05 AM

What if there'll be no official launch and EK will continue adding and testing new features indefinitely? Then probably someone will have to step up and take responsibility to make a "production" version and maintain it over time with new additions from EK.
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:26:50 PM

What if EK finishes the SN by tomorrow and get listed in Poloniex by Tuesday and at 1 XEL = 5 BTC.
What if..........
So easy to cause both despair and hype with any What If sentence. Grin

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:49:48 PM

What if EK finishes the SN by tomorrow and get listed in Poloniex by Tuesday and at 1 XEL = 5 BTC.
What if..........

Well said.

We do need to start putting an action plan together though.

We need to find out if anyone knows how to set up a foundation.
We need an updated website that explains what Elastic can do.
We need an official email address to send out Press Releases from in order to try and attract new developers to the project.
We need to try and find out if Lannister is still around and is willing to put some BTC into a foundation to fund further development or start asking for donations to fund development.
If EK is unable to finish the SN coding on his own, will Lannister be willing to put up bounties to attract devs to help EK?  It seems very unfair to expect EK to struggle on alone.

Those are just some thoughts off the top of my head.

Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:09:14 PM

Unvoid, are you still working on the website ? Could you give us an update ?
Coralreefer, could you give us an update where we are standing ?
Our Satoshi ( EK) , anything rest of us could do to help you and your team besides waiting ?

Slack is extremely quiet, sometimes for days no one even says anything.
This thread is also slowing down, lots of speculations, people are now discussing family issues and how someone's ex smashed the laptop on the other person's head .

Could you guys tell us how we can help with this awesome project !

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 03:16:45 PM

EK stated a dozen times that he wants no funding and was quite annoyed by that discussion the last time we had it. I don't think it's very productive to bring it up every few weeks.

If this is EK's stance then I suppose the matter is settled. Personally, I hope he'll post a donations address at some point, as he deserves some sort of compensation. The guy is a trooper and a saint.
because you want to donate to people
feel free to donate to my BTC address 1EmjwR7EdxKQ9Ytk2Z6yjErh1UT4iznAUQ

now getting more serious:

I already proposted a 10% fund out of genesis a long time ago. We could control it through voting like dash doing it. Main idea is financing further developing and marketing. Current dev dont want to get paid

I like this idea, 10% out of genesis block could go a long way to promoting Elastic in the future. Also give all XEL holders voting rights would be great idea as well.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:27:10 PM

What if..........

Well said.

We need an official email address to send out Press Releases from in order to try and attract new developers to the project.
We need to try and find out if Lannister is still around and is willing to put some BTC into a foundation to fund further development or start asking for donations to fund development.
If EK is unable to finish the SN coding on his own, will Lannister be willing to put up bounties to attract devs to help EK?  It seems very unfair to expect EK to struggle on alone.

The discussion about Lannister is annoying. All Btc were donated. Lannister can do what ever he wants
So please don´t come up with this every 10 pages.

Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:33:42 PM

What if..........

Well said.

The discussion about Lannister is annoying. All Btc were donated. Lannister can do what ever he wants

I can't believe I hear someone is annoyed. We are asking the community to get together and help each other rather than picking on what makes you annoyed or not !

Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:42:00 PM

What if..........

Well said.

I can't believe I hear someone is annoyed. We are asking the community to get together and help each other rather than picking on what makes you annoyed or not !

I appreciate the afford but the whole Lannister thing is just something we don´t need to discuss anymore.
The one thing we actual need right now is someone stepping up with enough technical understanding to coordinate the next steps
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:47:30 PM

Why do you folks always think we have not enough funds available for further development? We have more than enough. I am willing to put 30BTC into this easily and if we are listed on some exchange and XEL's be actually worth something i expect lots of others to so the same.

The point at moment is not that we are lacking funds or something, the point is that we have to have a finished product first, or at least a preliminary version. Then (if we have a mainnet running) we can talk about PR, eventual further developer funding etc.

The more important question at the moment is: Does EK expect us to start the mainnet on our own? I was under the impression that the SN-development is not finished yet.
clivemy

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:48:18 PM

What if..........

Well said.

There is no discussion about Lannister.  In November he appeared and paid a small bounty to coralreefer, so I fail to see why asking and seeing if he'll respond is annoying.  I call it practical.  

I also made a further suggestion if he didn't respond.
clivemy

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:58:41 PM

What if..........

Well said.

If EK is unable to finish the SN coding on his own, will Lannister be willing to put up bounties to attract devs to help EK?  It seems very unfair to expect EK to struggle on alone.

Why do you folks always think we have not enough funds available for further development? We have more than enough. I am willing to put 30BTC into this easily and if we are listed on some exchange and XEL's be actually worth something i expect lots of others to so the same.

The point at moment is not that we are lacking funds or something, the point is that we have to have a finished product first, or at least a preliminary version. Then (if we have a mainnet running) we can talk about PR, eventual further developer funding etc.

The more important question at the moment is: Does EK expect us to start the mainnet on our own? I was under the impression that the SN-development is not finished yet.

I may be wrong, but I don't think there's been a new version released for testing since November, which suggests to me that EK might be struggling and need some help.

I also don't see what is wrong with running a PR campaign to try and attract more developers, to ease the burden on EK.

Why can't several things be happening alongside development?  

Like setting up a foundation for example.

Updating the website so the world can know that this isn't a dead project seems like a good thing to try and achieve now, rather than waiting until completion.

Sending out press Releases from an official email account.

I don't see that there's any harm in trying to ease the burden on EK, rather than just sitting around.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:39:58 PM

I may be wrong, but I don't think there's been a new version released for testing since November, which suggests to me that EK might be struggling and need some help.

I also don't see what is wrong with running a PR campaign to try and attract more developers, to ease the burden on EK.

Updating the website so the world can know that this isn't a dead project seems like a good thing to try and achieve now, rather than waiting until completion.

I don't see that there's any harm in trying to ease the burden on EK, rather than just sitting around.

Yes, updating the website, wiki etc makes perfect sense. PR, not so sure. With PR you basically mobilize potential users and buyers, but if no mainnet is available its a negative effect.

An official email account makes sense too, yes.

In regard to EK and if he needs some help, so far i was under the impression that he is in lock-down-mode and is completely focused on bringing the SNs to life and is not interested in any distraction at the moment. But i could be wrong.
clivemy

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:54:44 PM

Yes, updating the website, wiki etc makes perfect sense. PR, not so sure. With PR you basically mobilize potential users and buyers, but if no mainnet is available its a negative effect.

An official email account makes sense too, yes.

In regard to EK and if he needs some help, so far i was under the impression that he is in lock-down-mode and is completely focused on bringing the SNs to life and is not interested in any distraction at the moment. But i could be wrong.

There have been several attempts to create a new website.  EK even did a mock-up, but they all fizzled out.  The current one, www.elastic-project.com has on it's opening page, 'Elastic is a Decentralised Supercomputer', but no description about what Elastic actually does, just that a mainnet hasn't been released yet.  There must be someone here (other than EK) that actually knows what Elastic does, so we can describe what it is we've got and complete that front page.

Also, is there somebody besides EK (so we don't have to interrupt him) that has access to the site so we can update it?  Hopefully as part of that site, we can run an email account to act as an official account, so people can contact us.

PR we can hold off until we have a mainnet.

Does EK need any help?  None of us know for sure if he does or he doesn't.  But if he thought that he had to finance further help himself, like he had to with the contest, that may be a blocking issue for him and perhaps we need to reassure him that the community does not expect him to dig into his own pocket if he does need help and that we're there to support him.

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:00:36 PM

While I agree that Elastic needs PR at some point, I think it should not start before a working product exists, i.e. when mainnet is launched and is running smoothly, we can do the whole PR thing.
By then, all those who wanted to get out with as big of a ROI as possible will be gone and those who are genuinely interested in the project will continue to contribute. Sound like a good deal to me.
clivemy

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:50:43 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 10:04:40 PM by clivemy

While I agree that Elastic needs PR at some point, I think it should not start before a working product exists, i.e. when mainnet is launched and is running smoothly, we can do the whole PR thing.
By then, all those who wanted to get out with as big of a ROI as possible will be gone and those who are genuinely interested in the project will continue to contribute. Sound like a good deal to me.

Golem doesn't have a working product, but they led with PR.

I think not doing anything until we have a working product will be disasterous.

EK has said that when he's ready to release, he'll release a product that we can release to mainnet and leave.  Coralreefer has said that as soon as he finishes the SN bits for the miner he'll be leaving.

To do absolutely no PR of any form (no website, no twitter, no official email, no Press Releases) before mainnet release will leave us with a product, but no devs and no way of attracting more devs.

At the very least we need to set up a foundation, website, official email account and a twitter feed.

We need to be attracting new devs now, not later.

edit: I notice MatchPool has a pretty good PR machine behind it.
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:16:03 PM

Any volunteer for keeping the PR donations?

IMO, we have to work with proffesionals.

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:25:04 PM

Golem doesn't have a working product, but they led with PR.

I think not doing anything until we have a working product will be disasterous.

EK has said that when he's ready to release, he'll release a product that we can release to mainnet and leave.  Coralreefer has said that as soon as he finishes the SN bits for the miner he'll be leaving.

To do absolutely no PR of any form (no website, no twitter, no official email, no Press Releases) before mainnet release will leave us with a product, but no devs and no way of attracting more devs.

At the very least we need to set up a foundation, website, official email account and a twitter feed.

We need to be attracting new devs now, not later.

edit: I notice MatchPool has a pretty good PR machine behind it.

I agree that some pr work/outreach/Marketing work should start prior to the release of mainnet (preparing well constructed materials takes time anyway, and so, some will be ready only after launch anyway). A website, social outlets such as twitter and email accounts, signature campaigns, and even a simple clear explanatory vid that shows what elastic is and what it can give to the world, are and will be needed. Of course some of the efforts can and should continue and intensify after mainnet release with a stable working system.
As i have written in the past, I suggest that a few trusted members are in charge of a multisig foundation account so we can start with a voluntary collection of base donations with btc. After release more voluntary donations to the foundation can be given with xel (perhaps we can enable current xel holders the option to specify if they wish to donate at launch, and how much they want to donate, so the foundation xel account is accredited when we launch).
Having great tech and a solid idea is important, but it is not everything, and we can start obtaining/creating some of the remaining missing components to make this project as great as it can be.
Exciting times are upon us! Smiley
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 01:33:31 AM

All good points . I think we have to do whatever it takes ( Elastic Foundation) to keep our devs ( EK, Coralreefer,...) while attracting more .

Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 03:51:16 AM

Any volunteer for keeping the PR donations?

IMO, we have to work with proffesionals.
Bob, what do you think if we vote for EK to be in charge of the funds ? He's trustworthy, he's been with this project from the beginning. He is not greedy . What do you guys think ?

Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: