Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:06:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you Still believe in Fiat?  (Read 75138 times)
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:30:03 PM

Well, I can't hate fiat at this moment because my main business is precisely the fiat speculation through the Forex market, but I also think fiat is about to crash, however it is still possible to make some money and useful things from fiat before it disappears.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:47:38 PM

Yes i still believe it. Fiat is real, and fiat can do more than bitcoin so there is no reason to leave it.

Fiat is as unreal as you can get. It is printed with nothing backing it so in short it is useless paper you have been made to believe is real. Bravo.

Of course i still believe in fiat because without  fiat we could not use the cash in of our online wallet and its very important in terms of cash in hand transaction like buying goods requiring fiat currency. Not most of products or goods is adopting crypti currency thats why we need fiat in order for purchasing using cash like fiat.

Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:18:00 PM

Yes i still believe it. Fiat is real, and fiat can do more than bitcoin so there is no reason to leave it.

Fiat is as unreal as you can get. It is printed with nothing backing it so in short it is useless paper you have been made to believe is real. Bravo.

Of course i still believe in fiat because without  fiat we could not use the cash in of our online wallet and its very important in terms of cash in hand transaction like buying goods requiring fiat currency. Not most of products or goods is adopting crypti currency thats why we need fiat in order for purchasing using cash like fiat.
For now, fiat is very dominant compared to any other asset and most if not all of the population in this world are using fiat even the whales in bitcoin. We cannot deny the fact that fiat is part of our life and we needed it on our daily transaction, to spend for our daily needs, leisure and any other activities.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 06:28:48 PM

In fact, Bitcoin is not very different in this respect

Basically, it is a pyramidal scheme right now (that's why I'm so critical of anyone suggesting everyone else to buy bitcoins with all they have), but since it is a headless one (if I can say so given that Satoshi is essentially left for dead), it can exist very long. Today we have only a few million users in the world but the price is already around $800 per coin, so there is plenty of room into which Bitcoin can expand as well as plenty of time into which Bitcoin can exist. On the other hand, by the time when its expansion potential is fully exhausted, it may turn into a real thing widely and wildly supported by merchants and producers, i.e. turn from a financial pyramid as of now into a real economy as of then

bitbob82

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 06:43:39 PM

I still believe in fiat of course because I use it in daily transactions such as buying and selling goods or products. Fiat is the primary currency now and then. It will not be replaced by other projects because it is easy to use. Even there will be new payment methods now and in the future, fiat would still exist.
In fact fiat is still the need of the day, as the basic infrastructure of bitcoin are not available everywhere, and most of the people still do not know about bitcoin therefore they are using fiat primary and those people who know about bitcoin they are admitting the importance of bitcoin, they use bitcoin for most of their online activities as bitcoin is more convenient than fiat for online related things.
yes that is the main reason that we are believing on fiat, as the facilities of bitcoin are not yet available everywhere, therefore most of the people consider bitcoin their side business and continue using fiat as their main currency.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3477

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 06:45:01 PM

I still believe in fiat of course because I use it in daily transactions such as buying and selling goods or products. Fiat is the primary currency now and then. It will not be replaced by other projects because it is easy to use. Even there will be new payment methods now and in the future, fiat would still exist.
In fact fiat is still the need of the day, as the basic infrastructure of bitcoin are not available everywhere, and most of the people still do not know about bitcoin therefore they are using fiat primary and those people who know about bitcoin they are admitting the importance of bitcoin, they use bitcoin for most of their online activities as bitcoin is more convenient than fiat for online related things.
yes that is the main reason that we are believing on fiat, as the facilities of bitcoin are not yet available everywhere, therefore most of the people consider bitcoin their side business and continue using fiat as their main currency.

You need to use "fiat money" because they have a legal status, and all shop in a country must accept it.
So you cannot believe in fiat because one day they can disappear (more or less) but actually is the only solution available for payment.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bitbob82

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:20:48 PM

You need to use "fiat money" because they have a legal status, and all shop in a country must accept it.
So you cannot believe in fiat because one day they can disappear (more or less) but actually is the only solution available for payment.
to me the main reason is that bitcoin is still not available everywhere, and most of the people do not know about bitcoin, hope that in future bitcoin will be sue as fiat currency, and all the people of the world will have equal opportunities of using it.
Kray

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:33:15 PM

Yes, i agree with you. We cann't leave fiat as long as our country still using it
wutard

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:09:24 PM

Yes, i agree with you. We cann't leave fiat as long as our country still using it
Often fiduciary money functions as a payment instrument on the basis of state laws that oblige to take them at face value. So long as people believe that this money is valuable, the price of them and will be at normal levels, but as soon as this belief is shaken, the end of fiat.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:13:07 PM

Bankers will always make sure that you're enslaved to what they want you to do, how much they want your stuff to be valued, and so on and so forth. Countries will always look to force their citizens to use fiat because they have less and less power the more the public goes for different forms of currency.
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:13:58 PM

For now, fiat is very dominant compared to any other asset and most if not all of the population in this world are using fiat even the whales in bitcoin. We cannot deny the fact that fiat is part of our life and we needed it on our daily transaction, to spend for our daily needs, leisure and any other activities.
Yeah, it's possible to realize that most people do not see fiat currency problems, and prefer to use that instead of other currencies. I think that before Bitcoin becomes mainstream, there will be a lot of resistance from people, especially skeptics and people who do not know the basics behind this technology.
ananas99

Activity: 632
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:16:49 PM

If the answer is essentially the question raised, it is possible to answer unequivocally, that fiat money will be appreciated only if they produced a rich country, that their authority ensures their value. It goes without saying.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Skarner21

Activity: 700

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 10:17:33 PM

to me the main reason is that bitcoin is still not available everywhere, and most of the people do not know about bitcoin, hope that in future bitcoin will be sue as fiat currency, and all the people of the world will have equal opportunities of using it.
I think they will not be same as fiat currency because bitcoin will always digital currency that i think it is good only for alternative payment method.. the good thing using bitcoin as alternative there is no hassle to use than the other payment methods.. the other good benefits are the price is not stable and the price is keep increasing.. we should believe on fiat even it is involve in taxes because it is our main currency or local currency..

Make crypto as your bank.
Holly-Dolly

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:35:11 PM

It is hard to trust fiat, because their value is in some ways just an empty phrase in the decency of even the simplest metal coin that has its real cost and that has a gold reserve of the country.
farl2web

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:50:11 PM

It is hard to trust fiat, because their value is in some ways just an empty phrase in the decency of even the simplest metal coin that has its real cost and that has a gold reserve of the country.
As they say in the history of network experts fiatnyh money - to put it mildly, the history of failures. In fact, any attempt to force the state of the decree imposing the value of money, since the era of the Romans ended in devaluation and, ultimately, the collapse of not only the currency but the whole economic system.
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 11:08:52 PM

As they say in the history of network experts fiatnyh money - to put it mildly, the history of failures. In fact, any attempt to force the state of the decree imposing the value of money, since the era of the Romans ended in devaluation and, ultimately, the collapse of not only the currency but the whole economic system.

Couldn't happen fast enough now, as far as I'm concerned. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 10:55:59 AM

Just because of that, that is making you think that fiat is hard to trust? I still believe in fiat, because we need it unless the government will replace it by another currency then I won't believe with it anymore. Just abide the law of the government and you'll be fine, whether it is with fiat or else you'll be fine for violating their very own rules.

If the government had stolen money from you a few times in the past through confiscatory monetary reforms as well as abrupt currency devaluations and continues to gradually devalue its currency, it is really hard to trust this currency (and the government) as well as remain a law-abiding citizen at that. Really, why should I give a fuck about the government if it chose to openly despise me through their actions and evidently cares more for their own well-being?

But you may of course continue to abide by the "law of the government"

Some can learn only the hard way, some can't learn at all

michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:43:27 PM

Just because of that, that is making you think that fiat is hard to trust? I still believe in fiat, because we need it unless the government will replace it by another currency then I won't believe with it anymore. Just abide the law of the government and you'll be fine, whether it is with fiat or else you'll be fine for violating their very own rules.

i think i still believe fiat for now, because bitcoin is not yet accepting by my government and we know there are only few country that accepting bitcoin, maybe in future if my government accepted bitcoin and allow for using bitcoin as payment as fiat, then i will use both as my payment.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 01:11:27 PM

ofcourse yes we still using it on our everyday life when we buy foods, drinks, gas, payrent and even buy things we're using fiat system. fiat system is still alive even bitcoin is being popular this day. bitcoin is created for backup purposes in near future. but still our government will never let fiat system to disappear because thats the only thing for balance circulation of the economy,.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:37:49 AM

i think i still believe fiat for now, because bitcoin is not yet accepting by my government and we know there are only few country that accepting bitcoin, maybe in future if my government accepted bitcoin and allow for using bitcoin as payment as fiat, then i will use both as my payment.

There might be countries who are accepting bitcoins already but still they are completely relying with their fiat currency. For they know that there is no total control if they will going to let bitcoin to have full control in their financial system. And for the people who are already used with fiat, they will have hard time if they will sudden shift into bitcoins.

I agree people that are used to fiat will have a hard time adopting something that is new for them.  They will always go back to the things they are comfortable using.  They don't want to move out of their comfort zone.
As for the government, they would gladly accept anything that will boost the country economy but they are limited to the laws and regulation of the state.  Aside from  that they always wanted to be in control.  If they feel that their control is somehow challenged, they will make sure that this thing will never be adopted by the government.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: