Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 06:07:22 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now!  (Read 149729 times)
LennonNZ

Activity: 76

Geek

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 05:08:18 AM

Just a comment..

I have a 300x250 advert and it shows 3 text ads. At the moment 2 of them are the same all the time. Maybe you can change it so it only shows unique adverts and doesn't show the same advert twice/three times.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
LennonNZ

Geek

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 05:15:53 AM

Just one more thing..

Are the places which the adverts linked to actually looked at. I can see 1 advert at the moment.. all it goes to is another page with a single advert on it.

For an advertising network to go well it has to have quality advertisers..
LennonNZ

Geek

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 05:30:16 AM

And.... (yes I'm posting as I'm checking things out)

the Quality of pages where your adverts are on. Do you check them?

http://phivan.yolasite.com

There is no content except adverts! If someone is searching for a certain website to place their adverts on .. its near impossible.

http://b1batdau.jav-heaven.com

I didn't know you could have that many adverts on 1 page.

+ lots more..

Maybe you should have quality checks/rules about other adverts on pages.. actually having some decent content...

arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1155

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 05:47:54 AM

Thanks for your comments, LennonNZ!

How do you know what a Unique Impression is. As I have lots (Well all of them) of mobile users a lot of carriers NAT them to the same IP Address.

We count globally unique IPs per 24 hour period. That means if we saw this IP during last 24 hours, it won't be counted as unique (even if that impression was not from your site).

It shouldn't be a problem since we are not pay-per-click or pay-per-impression. We distribute advertisers' money among publishers with respect to their unique traffic. So absolute numbers are not important (only the relative ones are) and all the publishers are in equal position.

I have a 300x250 advert and it shows 3 text ads. At the moment 2 of them are the same all the time. Maybe you can change it so it only shows unique adverts and doesn't show the same advert twice/three times.

Probably that means that advertisers that paid to your site don't have graphic banners of 300x250 currently.  Probability of each ad being shown on publishers' site depends on amount of money paid by advertiser to that site. If there are only 2 advertisers for this ad unit then there is not much we can do about it. Though there are 21 active advertising campaigns currently, so it is a bit strange. What's your ad unit id?

Are the places which the adverts linked to actually looked at. I can see 1 advert at the moment.. all it goes to is another page with a single advert on it.

Yes, ads are pre-moderated. We ban obviously harmful content, and flag controversial one as such in order to protect publishers from ads that they wouldn't allow. However this process is subjective, so if you feel we made a mistake - please let us know.

the Quality of pages where your adverts are on. Do you check them?
There is no content except adverts! If someone is searching for a certain website to place their adverts on .. its near impossible.

No, we are not restrictive towards our publishers, we don't evaluate the quality of publishers' sites and traffic they generate. We kind of shift this responsibility to advertisers.

Advertisers can either find particular sites in catalog (or using search feature), or start a massive advertising campaign with enabled goal tracking and find out which traffic sources are efficient for them. Then advertisers can use an API to reward efficient ad units in order to get more traffic from them. Alternatively they can start a new campaign with ad units that work good for them.

However I agree that catalog is not convenient. There are many useful sites in it, but they are hard to find among all that trash. We plan to change it.

Thanks again for your time & feedback!

LennonNZ

Geek

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 06:36:01 AM

Edit: I read the numbers wrong... it says: 347K adverts not 15K so my numbers below are wrong..  but if there was only 15K (at the moment) unique impressions per day......

You say that base the payout on the number of unique ip addresses.

At the moment (on your home page) you say you have around 15,000 Unique IP Addresses/day

Say I have 15,000 Unique IP Addresses/day (I have a lot more).. should I get 1/2 of whatever is paid per day into your system (maybe 0.25B per day) ? or does every advertiser have to choose a particular publisher before I get any payout and then its only from that advertiser?

Considering its really impossible for advertisers to find my website to advertise on  (as its listed as "Ad Unit #XXXX") and you need lots of clicks to get to it/let alone find it..

Thanks..

Just trying to figure this out.

arsenische
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 07:41:16 AM

...should I get 1/2 of whatever is paid per day into your system (maybe 0.25B per day) ?

Yes, if you generate about half of our unique traffic, you are likely to get about half of publishers' income. It is a rough estimation though since advertisers are free to distribute their money as they like. If all of them just add root category to their campaign and pay (and you allow any ads), then yes, you get a half.

Please note that IPs that are unique for your site might not be unique for a-ads (e. g. if you get 100 pageviews from 10 IPs, but we saw 9 of those IPs from other publishers, we count only 1 unique IP for you).

Also if you are restrictive (e. g. you don't allow gambling ads) then you are likely to receive less than that. On the other hand if you generate quality traffic or for some other reason advertisers want to buy ads specifically from you - you are likely to receive more than that.

or does every advertiser have to choose a particular publisher before I get any payout and then its only from that advertiser?
Considering its really impossible for advertisers to find my website to advertise on  (as its listed as "Ad Unit #XXXX") and you need lots of clicks to get to it/let alone find it..

Advertisers can buy ads specifically from you. E. g. if you hover the a-ads icon on top-right of your ad unit you will see "Your ad here" link. That is one of the ways to buy ads specifically from your site without spending much time in the catalog.

Advertisers can also use search to find your site if they know your URL, or they can select a category that contains your site. Many advertisers select just root category or "Bitcoin" (they can navigate the catalog and see the average traffic & CPM for each category).

The system is pretty flexible, the main principle is simple: advertisers pay to ad units (either explicitly via goal tracking API, or implicitly via targeting and daily budget) and get a share of impressions from them. It is somewhat tough to use it though, that's why advertising is cheap. But we aim to improve it.

arsenische
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:02:35 PM

We implemented several features for advertisers:
  • Advertisers can see how much traffic they get from each ad unit (sorted by non-unique clicks)
  • Advertisers can ban/unban ad units
  • Advertisers can see if their campaign is waiting for moderation

Also fixed couple issues in statistics.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1050

A plague on both your houses.

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:08:05 PM

If I put the same ad unit twice on my page, will it not affect my earnings?
arsenische
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:29:35 PM

If most of your income comes from untargetted advertisers' daily budgets, then it won't significantly affect your earnings since we distribute advertisers' money between publishers with respect to amount of globally unique traffic they generate, and this number doesn't depend on amount of banners placed on the page.

However if placing additional banner improves the chances that your visitor will buy from advertiser who rewards for sales, then it might increase your earnings.

E. g. we are such an advertiser. If your visitor comes to us from your ad unit and creates an ad, you will receive 50% of fees collected from that ad.

I am not sure how many advertisers do it, but according to our global stats goals make ~5% of publishers' income.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1050

A plague on both your houses.

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:09:11 PM

If most of your income comes from untargetted advertisers' daily budgets, then it won't significantly affect your earnings since we distribute advertisers' money between publishers with respect to amount of globally unique traffic they generate, and this number doesn't depend on amount of banners placed on the page.

However if placing additional banner improves the chances that your visitor will buy from advertiser who rewards for sales, then it might increase your earnings.

E. g. we are such an advertiser. If your visitor comes to us from your ad unit and creates an ad, you will receive 50% of fees collected from that ad.

I am not sure how many advertisers do it, but according to our global stats goals make ~5% of publishers' income.

Alright, then. Thanks.
antiycda

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 08:08:57 AM

ad shower Stop tracking?

please check it

arsenische
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:43:24 AM

ad shower Stop tracking?

please check it

Thanks for your message. Yes, we have a technical problem now and are working to resolve it. Statistics and deposits/withdrawals will be delayed. Ad rotation works fine, but changes to advertising campaigns won't propagate until we fix the problem. Sorry for inconvenience.

arsenische
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:42:10 PM

The problem has been fixed, everything seems to work normally.

blends

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:59:10 AM

Something seems off with the counting of unique visitors today. My site has a pretty consistent amount of visitors per day. Today it seems that it just stopped counting unique visitors about 3/4 of the way through the day. I run two separate analytics platforms and they are giving accurate visits/views. A-ads is showing much less and I'm pretty sure my none of my visitors would have visited any of the other publishers sites because my niche is different than most.

Any idea why this might be?

Thanks in advance.
arsenische
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:43:39 AM

Something seems off with the counting of unique visitors today. My site has a pretty consistent amount of visitors per day. Today it seems that it just stopped counting unique visitors about 3/4 of the way through the day. I run two separate analytics platforms and they are giving accurate visits/views. A-ads is showing much less and I'm pretty sure my none of my visitors would have visited any of the other publishers sites because my niche is different than most.

Any idea why this might be?

Thanks in advance.

Could you please give me ad unit id?

blends

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:19:03 AM

Looks like it is correct now. I  think there is a time zone difference, so it just seemed like it wasn't adding up because the day starts at a different time for me than it does on your server.
ruletheworld

Activity: 904

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 04:01:12 PM

Hey I get this error when trying to access the site:
Your Ruby version is 2.0.0, but your Gemfile specified 1.9.3 (Bundler::RubyVersionMismatch)
etc.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

.......Whitepaper.......
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
arsenische
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:12:14 PM

Your Ruby version is 2.0.0, but your Gemfile specified 1.9.3 (Bundler::RubyVersionMismatch)
etc.

Probably you saw this error when we were updating our server software. Or do you still get it? If so - please send me a link in PM.

Thanks for your message!

ruletheworld

Activity: 904

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 07:27:14 PM

etc.

Probably you saw this error when we were updating our server software. Or do you still get it? If so - please send me a link in PM.

Thanks for your message!
Nope, all good now, thanks!

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

.......Whitepaper.......
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
brampower

Activity: 273

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:07:39 AM

Question: I started using AA a couple of minutes ago and when I created my first ad (I am a publisher), after adding it to my main page I only get the following:

I then tried to create several ads with different categories, but this happens to every single ad I create even if I don't block ANY types of ads (NSFW etc enabled).
Am I doing something wrong here, or should I just wait?

Thanks.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄         
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄       
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███     
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄   
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀   
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀     
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀       
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                     

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.