Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:54:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589771 times)
Nickola

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 12:58:36 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2016, 01:21:47 PM by Nickola

to Claymore:

Bug in EthMan 2.5 - "View miner console" command doesn't work at the first line of the list of miners.

Also, please add style element "font-family: monospace;" to tag "<body>" in web-browser console.

Sampe output: http://i84.fastpic.ru/big/2016/1122/48/41ecf392124552cb936157577440c748.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:02:23 PM

When I restart remotely and there is no monitor attached to any GPU (6x RX480) Remote Manager and even when I login to RDP miner itself shows onlu temp and fan speed of only one GPU. Is it a known bug or am I doing something wrong ? All other rigs temps are fine and I'm also using tstop command if something goes wrong, but I'm still wondering why is this happening?
You have to use an hdmi (or display port) dummy plug (from $10 to $15, you can find some on amazon or ebay) to have monitoring / overclocking working on RX4x0.
IIRC, using RDP disables monitoring too ... better use vnc, jump desktop or team viewer
I noticed it on rigs were are 6xGPUs and windows 10, on win7 6xGPUs everything works great. Also I was thinking about dummies but I'll have to buy 50+ and it costs way too much. If this one GPU output doesn't affect the tstop command and internally miner sees the temps of other GPUs then it's ok, if not I need to find a way
You only need one dummy per rig, not one per card;
It's a consistent behaviour for the rx card, my R9 / 79xx do not behave like this, regardless of the OS
I know that one dummy per rig and that's the strange thing, rigs were are 3x RX480 cards don't behave like that, rigs were are 6x RX480 cards randomly do this not all and not every time. Like if I restart rig were no monitor is plugged and it auto starts the miner in remote manager and even after connecting to RDP shows only one card stats, if I restart it second time it will work. For now two out of 13 6x RX480 rigs ar showing only one card stats. Actually I didn't mind it showing me less info, I just want to be secure in case of some card loses it's fan or any other reason overheats it, I just need the command -tstop to work. So the question will be if the miner sees the one card stats only will the command -tstop make other overheated card to stop ?
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:20:31 PM

I am having trouble getting my rx 480 rig to work for anything.  I have tried multiple crimson drivers (I still suspect a driver problem) but I always get the same result.  Claymore's miner crashes as soon as it would normally start hashing, and this is true for both this dual miner and Claymore's ZEC miner.  Ethminer will run, but shows zero hashes (this is true for multiple versions of ethminer).  I have tried removing and reinstalling 5 different crimson driver versions and it all seems to succeed successfully but I am still getting these same results every time.  This PC was running catalyst 15.21 originally with r9 290's and I suspect some artifact from those drivers is sticking around.  Before I proceed with an OS reinstall I wonder if anyone has suggestions.  I have used DDU between crimson driver versions (although not in safe mode just yet).  I am working remotely so can't do DDU in safe mode but I will be going onsite today to try that as my last resort before an OS reinstall.  Anyone have a suggestion? (Win 7 x64 if it matters).
Nickola

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:26:05 PM

I am having trouble getting my rx 480 rig to work for anything.  I have tried multiple crimson drivers (I still suspect a driver problem) but I always get the same result.  Claymore's miner crashes as soon as it would normally start hashing, and this is true for both this dual miner and Claymore's ZEC miner.  Ethminer will run, but shows zero hashes (this is true for multiple versions of ethminer).  I have tried removing and reinstalling 5 different crimson driver versions and it all seems to succeed successfully but I am still getting these same results every time.  This PC was running catalyst 15.21 originally with r9 290's and I suspect some artifact from those drivers is sticking around.  Before I proceed with an OS reinstall I wonder if anyone has suggestions.  I have used DDU between crimson driver versions (although not in safe mode just yet).  I am working remotely so can't do DDU in safe mode but I will be going onsite today to try that as my last resort before an OS reinstall.  Anyone have a suggestion? (Win 7 x64 if it matters).

It can be a problem with the power supply unit. Try to replace the power supply unit with another.

I had a similar problem which was solved after replacement of the power supply unit. Before start of a mining the rig worked normally. When a miner program began to work, failures began at once.
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:31:07 PM

I suppose there are three cards in your rig, plugging in just one card to be sure PSU is ok would be a great idea before you start messing around with OS, when you get to that place you should try that first I think. If it's a driver stuff then reinstalling OS will fix it.
Hotmetal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:31:19 PM

I know that one dummy per rig and that's the strange thing, rigs were are 3x RX480 cards don't behave like that, rigs were are 6x RX480 cards randomly do this not all and not every time. Like if I restart rig were no monitor is plugged and it auto starts the miner in remote manager and even after connecting to RDP shows only one card stats, if I restart it second time it will work. For now two out of 13 6x RX480 rigs ar showing only one card stats. Actually I didn't mind it showing me less info, I just want to be secure in case of some card loses it's fan or any other reason overheats it, I just need the command -tstop to work. So the question will be if the miner sees the one card stats only will the command -tstop make other overheated card to stop ?

I have a friend who's rig behaves exactly the way you're describing and his hardware is identical to mine.
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:34:36 PM

to Claymore:

Bug in EthMan 2.5 - "View miner console" command doesn't work at the first line of the list of miners.

Also, please add style element "font-family: monospace;" to tag "<body>" in web-browser console.

1. Confirmed, I uploaded updated EthMan.exe to Dual-miner folder on MEGA.
2. It seems font-family: monospace; does not work in <body> tag, did not check it deeply though.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
CoRpO

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:39:21 PM

tstop won't work as the driver ins't giving any monitoring data to the miner
I tried everything in the registry (disablling ulps), or various adapters, nothing worked except a real monitor (even off) or a dummy plug. As soon as that was plugged, monitoring was back and I was able to access wattman settings
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:46:38 PM

I tried everything in the registry (disablling ulps), or various adapters, nothing worked except a real monitor (even off) or a dummy plug. As soon as that was plugged, monitoring was back and I was able to access wattman settings
too bad, It costs damn too much. Buying two or three won't make any difference
Nickola

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:47:33 PM

2. It seems font-family: monospace; does not work in <body> tag, did not check it deeply though.

1) <body bgcolor="#808080" style="font-family: monospace;">

or

2) before <body> tag add:

<style rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
body {
  font-family: monospace;
}
</style>
CoRpO

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:49:08 PM

Well, spending $12 on $750 rigs doesn't seem unreasonnable.
As it allows you to undervolt and to avoid 30% on your energy bill ...

Edit: It's even cheaper : http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-dummy-plug-4K-EDID-emulator-monitor-for-mining-rigs-and-other-/232147267710?hash=item360d0e307e:g:2bkAAOSwcLxYEf2Z
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:55:36 PM

Edit: It's even cheaper : http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-dummy-plug-4K-EDID-emulator-monitor-for-mining-rigs-and-other-/232147267710?hash=item360d0e307e:g:2bkAAOSwcLxYEf2Z
Yeas I know but I have to test them first, buy two or three of those, there are 77 rigs total, some of them have other problems which involves plugged monitor so..
CoRpO

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 02:05:24 PM

Yeas I know but I have to test them first, buy two or three of those, there are 77 rigs total, some of them have other problems which involves plugged monitor so..
Testing part is pretty straightforward : works like if a monitor was plugged
I know that it seems expensive, that's what I though at first. Calculations been made, they where paid in less than a day ...
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 02:37:25 PM

I suppose there are three cards in your rig, plugging in just one card to be sure PSU is ok would be a great idea before you start messing around with OS, when you get to that place you should try that first I think. If it's a driver stuff then reinstalling OS will fix it.

I have 2 GPU's.  I don't think it is a PSU issue, the PSU is way overpowered for this and it worked fine with the R9 290's which theoretically should draw more power than the 480's.  I am going to try it with just one GPU when I get there in a little while.  I will also try adding some system RAM.  It only has 2GB, I have slots and dimms to bring it up to 8 so I will do that.
CoRpO

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 02:41:04 PM

I have 2 GPU's.  I don't think it is a PSU issue, the PSU is way overpowered for this and it worked fine with the R9 290's which theoretically should draw more power than the 480's.  I am going to try it with just one GPU when I get there in a little while.  I will also try adding some system RAM.  It only has 2GB, I have slots and dimms to bring it up to 8 so I will do that.
IIRC you don't have enough ram for the rx4x0, they need more than the previous amd cards (even if they don't use it ... go figure)
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 03:31:51 PM

IIRC you don't have enough ram for the rx4x0, they need more than the previous amd cards (even if they don't use it ... go figure)

I upgraded the RAM to 8GB and ran DDU in safe mode and one of the two seems to have made the difference because I am working on ETH and ZEC now. 
Marcinprv

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 03:43:09 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2016, 04:29:40 PM by Marcinprv

This is a NIGHTMARE!  Angry

https://s14.postimg.org/8feuzoqtt/Connection_Scheme.png

Do you have the same problem as me?

Correction - H81, not G81 Wink
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 04:13:46 PM

Yes...  Undecided

matmator

Activity: 487
Merit: 252

bou !

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:53:07 PM

lol

go to the moon !!
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 07:22:20 PM

Yes...  Undecided

I am with you on this one!!!!

By the way, very nice pictorial.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: