Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:17:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A!  (Read 85765 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:02:46 PM

U ever actually USE Bitcoin for it's intended purpose?

Been waiting on 3 hours on recent BTC transaction.

3 FKN HOURS AND NOT ONE CONFIRMATION!

Lol, or you could actually learn how to use Bitcoin...

Simply click this page here:  https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

It flat out tells you what transaction fee you need to utilize in order to get accepted into the next black, then type that fee into your Bitcoin client.  Is that hard?

"For the median transaction size of 257 bytes, this results in a fee of 15,420 satoshis (0.09$)."

It's like buying a postage stamp and the postage stamp price is free floating with a somewhat daily rate.  Since Bitcoin requires the internet to use anyway, it's not actually hard to figure out the rate.

The majority of the time I get a confirmation well before 10 minutes passes.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:24:47 PM

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 09:05:19 PM

mat, never jump on a trade after move already happened. You have to enter your trade or define the set up while the market is calm, otherwise you will be heaten by other traders (or the risk reward ratio will be very low, unatractive). I really think you should document yourself more about trading and that you skeepped many important step to become a trader. You are not alone in this situation, being very lucky in your first trades but if you continue like this you will burn your equity. take your time, btc is not anymore a once in a lifetime opportunity, or even if it is, you have time to learn to enjoy big btc fluctuations.
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 09:16:40 PM

mat, never jump on a trade after move already happened. You have to enter your trade or define the set up while the market is calm, otherwise you will be heaten by other traders (or the risk reward ratio will be very low, unatractive). I really think you should document yourself more about trading and that you skeepped many important step to become a trader. You are not alone in this situation, being very lucky in your first trades but if you continue like this you will burn your equity. take your time, btc is not anymore a once in a lifetime opportunity, or even if it is, you have time to learn to enjoy big btc fluctuations.

This is a really very friendly advice. Good job sandiman!
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:25:39 PM

Either bitcoin, right now, is a once in a lifetime opportunity or it's shit. As Satoshi said, in the future it will be either worth a shit-ton or nothing. There is no in-between, and $6xx is far, far, far from a shit-ton - the market cap is still dust in the big picture.
sandiman

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 09:21:57 AM

Either bitcoin, right now, is a once in a lifetime opportunity or it's shit. As Satoshi said, in the future it will be either worth a shit-ton or nothing. There is no in-between, and $6xx is far, far, far from a shit-ton - the market cap is still dust in the big picture.

I can agree with this theory, but that's not how you want to think if you want to give time to yourself to learn to be ready for winter/summer time  Cheesy

ps: thank you Bavaria
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:06:47 PM

I can agree with this theory, but that's not how you want to think if you want to give time to yourself to learn to be ready for winter/summer time  Cheesy

Indeed.

I believe in both outcomes. Whilst I believe that ultimately, Bitcoin is doomed to fail, and when it implodes, a whole lot of wealth is just gonna evaporate, I also believe in the probability of this thing have another explosive move up. The $64K question however on both counts, is 'when'?

For a true explosive bull run, Bitcoin will need to have real fundamental reasons to charge higher. I always thought that this might be Chinese capital flight, but capital flight from China is on the increase all the time, yet Bitcoin is overlooked. It seems that serious money in China has got better ways of getting out the country than through Bitcoin.

Fwiw, I don't think the recent bull runs have much to do with any new fundamental drivers. This is just pre-existing Bitcoin capital ramping the market. Buying at the bottom, creating a bit of a frenzy, and then selling at the top. If you look at the Bitcoin chart, BTC is in nothing but a massive symmetrical triangle range. The upper Gann 1x8 line is currently running just shy of $1000 (can BTC get up there this year?), the lower Gann 1x8 is around $300. Of course, there is nothing to say that either of those Gann lines will be respected/tested, but they often are, and indeed, as BTC broke out of it's Nov 2015-Apr2015 range, it was a Gann 1x8 resistance line which was repeatedly tested, breached, and retested from above, before the mega pump kicked off.....I posted charts of this earlier in this thread.

Going forward, I still see Bitcoin corkscrewing for a while yet..zipping up to wipe out the short stops, then zipping back down to get the longs...forming triangles, narrowing down, and then breaking just to form another triangle on a larger scale, etc.....it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Bitcoin go on like this right through to the Halving, in around two weeks time, and then post Halving or possibly even slightly before the Halving, as the first of the stupendous volume of leveraged long positions start to get a bit nervous that Bitcoin isn't already up at $3K, I think Bitcoin will start to dump, and then dump hard, down to upper $400s or thereabouts.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
sandiman

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:34:35 PM

Indeed.

I believe in both outcomes. Whilst I believe that ultimately, Bitcoin is doomed to fail, and when it implodes, a whole lot of wealth is just gonna evaporate, I also believe in the probability of this thing have another explosive move up. The $64K question however on both counts, is 'when'?

For a true explosive bull run, Bitcoin will need to have real fundamental reasons to charge higher. I always thought that this might be Chinese capital flight, but capital flight from China is on the increase all the time, yet Bitcoin is overlooked. It seems that serious money in China has got better ways of getting out the country than through Bitcoin.

Fwiw, I don't think the recent bull runs have much to do with any new fundamental drivers. This is just pre-existing Bitcoin capital ramping the market. Buying at the bottom, creating a bit of a frenzy, and then selling at the top. If you look at the Bitcoin chart, BTC is in nothing but a massive symmetrical triangle range. The upper Gann 1x8 line is currently running just shy of $1000 (can BTC get up there this year?), the lower Gann 1x8 is around $300. Of course, there is nothing to say that either of those Gann lines will be respected/tested, but they often are, and indeed, as BTC broke out of it's Nov 2015-Apr2015 range, it was a Gann 1x8 resistance line which was repeatedly tested, breached, and retested from above, before the mega pump kicked off.....I posted charts of this earlier in this thread.

Going forward, I still see Bitcoin corkscrewing for a while yet..zipping up to wipe out the short stops, then zipping back down to get the longs...forming triangles, narrowing down, and then breaking just to form another triangle on a larger scale, etc.....it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Bitcoin go on like this right through to the Halving, in around two weeks time, and then post Halving or possibly even slightly before the Halving, as the first of the stupendous volume of leveraged long positions start to get a bit nervous that Bitcoin isn't already up at $3K, I think Bitcoin will start to dump, and then dump hard, down to upper $400s or thereabouts.

I don't really focus on fundamental, even more in btc since fundamentals doesn't have to go with moves we are seing on the market (like the latest huge news of the CFTC determining that bitcoin is properly defined as a commodity under the CEA, or the chinese yuan being devalued with absolutly no consequence on btc).

i really think everything is on the "tape", even though lately the tape is hard to read, but I believe we will have an answer soon with btc. Bearish or bullish aswer, who cares, as trader we should not have bullish/bearish bias and trade the market through careful study of its variation.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 11:48:09 PM

I also believe in the probability of this thing have another explosive move up. The $64K question however on both counts, is 'when'?

Right when the Russian IPO scammer from "Waves" gets done selling to buy Lambos and Vodka.  He's one of the biggest reasons for price suppression lately, but he's about out of coins now, or at least not enough to do any real damage anymore.  The market can absorb the rest of what he is.  I don't think he's selling all of them anyway so he might already be done:

https://blockchain.info/address/3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA

That Winklevii ETF could come as soon as a month and would probably skyrocket it too:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1533942.0

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:21:55 AM

Don't worry mat, you will be right about $620 eventually. After we rise to $9000, I'm sure there will be a flash crash down to the triple digits. Hang in there.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:37:32 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 03:49:09 AM by r0ach

Mat, I made a picture explaining on how to always get your transaction included in the next block.  You no longer have an excuse to say "no confirmations for 3 hours!":

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Bavaria

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:38:32 AM

Painful to watch, this is. Dumb, you be. 620, very much so.

Will see how cocky you are when this p.o.s. is back down sub $500.

How many years have you sat blindly buying Bitcoin?

How many years have you sat underwater on your asset of choice?

You think you are actually gonna be smart enough to sell and take profits when the time is ripe (if that tiome hasn't indeed already come and gone)?

You gonna end up like that dutch shitcoin investor who posts on here....you are a cut of the same mould.
Welcome this, I would. Buy more, I would.

U ever actually USE Bitcoin for it's intended purpose?

Are you sure you should be sinking so much of your wealth into a flawed prototype crypto that is destined to fail one day?

Bitcoin, is fucking shit at doing what it is actually meant to do, and for this reason above all else, it's future is limited.

You exaggerate Mat. You can use BitGo wallet for instant and secure btc transactions.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:04:42 AM

I am almost offended at todays price movements. It didn't stay over 700 and it didn't drop enough to bother doing anything. Is that weird?

Bavaria

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:17:07 AM

I am almost offended at todays price movements. It didn't stay over 700 and it didn't drop enough to bother doing anything. Is that weird?

It`s btc and we are used to it  Grin
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:05:22 AM

Here's how you do Bitcoin TA since MatTheCat can't figure it out:

Enjoy:

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:18:16 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2016, 02:30:21 PM by MatTheCat

Welcome to the Bitfinex House of Smoke n Mirrors!

Was watching the double bottom reversal last night, and at the point I decided to get long, for my trade log records, I took this screenshot of the cross exchange LTF charts I was watching for confirmation of the reversal:

Great, so the trade is on, now to get into the trade. However, I am fucking sick of executing Market Orders on Finex resulting in me getting bumped $2-$3 up the charts from spot each and every time, so from now on, I opt to enter trades with Limit Orders only, even that means placing Limit ORder above spot in order to get filled at specific price......lets see how I got on:

Think I am through with Bitfinex for now, but what does that leave....

Bitstamp: The 'honest' exchange, but perhaps too honest. Volume begets volume, and the fact that Finex pads it's order books massively, does encourage more genuine trades. Bitstamp on the otherhand has become increasingly illiquid, which makes trading with stop orders suicidal. Also, no shorting.

Kraken: Another relatively illiquid exchange. Alongside Stamp, perhaps the least likely exchange(s) to one day just dissappear with it's customer's money which is a good thing, but Kraken trades BTCEUR. I have enough on my fucking plate trying to deal with BTCUSD, without having the extra moving part of EURUSD fluctuations to throw into the mix.

OKCoin .....lol

Huobi. 0% fees. Mkt Orders do get filled at spot price, but erm.....no Stop Orders here...not to mention being exposed to CNY, which the PBOC can and will out of the blue, decide to devalue by 10% one day.

It has been suggested to me on the traders site which I subscribe to, that one day I will look back on all this and laugh at how fkn corrupt it all is/was.......hmmm....  Angry

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:31:07 PM

I never had these problems at Bitfinex.  Lips sealed
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:49:42 PM

I never had these problems at Bitfinex.  Lips sealed

If u wanted to place a Market Order now to buy BTC on Finex, you would get filled at or near spot, cos the market is reversing and there are probably real traders wanting to get out. If you placed a Mkt Order to sell BTC right now, just watch the Bid Orders vanish beneath you.....A few days ago, I put in a Short Sell mkt order with spot at $678.88...got filled at $675.25, and this was for 5 BTC.......it's all bullshit, and it's bad for you.

.....last night was particularly bad, because I was trying to catch a reversal. The market was moving moving fast, being lead as usual by China, with the Finex bots responding to action on OKCoin and Huobi, and front running normal Joe Finex traders. Joe may think there are a few dozen worth of bids in the Wall to take a bite out of, what he doesn't know is how many of them are genuine orders, and how many will evaporate the very minute he executes his market order.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:24:24 PM

SSS is da bomb. Price goes up, great. Price goes down, even better, buy back and get more coins.

Tippingcoin

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:36:11 PM

@MatTheCat, do you trade anything other than BTC?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: