Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:23:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A!  (Read 85765 times)
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:41:02 PM

MatTheMat, you gotta see this lol:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1567969.0

LOL!

But hey r0ach/proto.

Well written stuff! You have a talent for the old flowing prose that you hide from this particular forum. You also do the community a great service by highlighting the dangers of smoking too much wacky-tabacky and guzzling too much crypto Kool-Aid. I hope your Megacoins are still worth something and/or that the revolution works out for you (and Kim Dotcom) in the end.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:14:56 PM

MatTheMat, you gotta see this lol:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1567969.0

LOL!

But hey r0ach/proto.

Well written stuff! You have a talent for the old flowing prose that you hide from this particular forum. You also do the community a great service by highlighting the dangers of smoking too much wacky-tabacky and guzzling too much crypto Kool-Aid. I hope your Megacoins are still worth something and/or that the revolution works out for you (and Kim Dotcom) in the end.

I was thinking it was more likely to be one of your associates.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:36:34 PM

I don't believe you mat.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:14:02 PM

I don't believe you mat.

What precisely don't you believe?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:38:25 PM

I don't believe you mat.

I think he said you quite precisely.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 03:22:35 AM

I don't believe you mat.

That you got hacked.

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:36:04 AM

I believe it, they tried to get in my acct I don't even use.  Someone's database got leaked from somewhere...

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:28:30 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2016, 09:54:33 AM by MatTheCat

I don't believe you mat.

That you got hacked.

U may not agree with most of what I say and think about Bitcoin....

......but have u ever known me to actually demonstrably lie?

Fact is, you don't want to believe that I was hacked, perhaps because you don't want to believe that this thing goes on (or indeed is rife) in Bitcoin, and that the exchanges' response is turn around to their customers and say "Fuck you!".

Well, whilst I don't know if I was 'hacked', my Kraken account was certainly robbed, and Kraken have certainly told me that I can go and sing and dance for my money. If Kraken can behave this way towards thier customers with impunity (i.e. their customers are robbed due to shocking security measures on their part, and indeed due to their database being compromised at their end), then all Bitcoin exchanges can, which means Bitcoin exchanges are an insane place to leave funds lying around.......regardless of what Bitcoin is going to do, or not do, in terms of price over the coming months, I think me and Bitcoin trading have come to the end of the line. Even if I were a crack trader (which I am not), what is the point when any number of exchange and/or hacker shenannigans can leave your account empty overnight? Not like this Kraken incident was the first, nor will it be the last. Indeed, it aint even the first time that a bunch of Kraken accounts have been robbed in this way, yet still the people behind Kraken fail to implement even so much as Email verification for withdrawals......these guys need their license revoked (if they had one), and possibly some jailtime.

Meanwhile, I moved to take all of my remaining funds off Bitcoin last night.......but I have since enabled 2FA on my main account (Finex), and I have misplaced my mobile phone......(which is why I never liked 2FA to begin with)......I shall no doubt still keep my eye on Bitcoin, in order to try and test my TA 'skillz' (lol), but from here on out, I am through with trading it until there are exchanges that are reliable, trustworthy, and answerable to the law.

HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 12:51:52 PM

I believe it, they tried to get in my acct I don't even use.  Someone's database got leaked from somewhere...

I have always said that crypto exchanges are guilty until proven innocent by default. 

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 01:19:47 PM

I don't believe you mat.

That you got hacked.

U may not agree with most of what I say and think about Bitcoin....

......but have u ever known me to actually demonstrably lie?

Fact is, you don't want to believe that I was hacked, perhaps because you don't want to believe that this thing goes on (or indeed is rife) in Bitcoin, and that the exchanges' response is turn around to their customers and say "Fuck you!".

Well, whilst I don't know if I was 'hacked', my Kraken account was certainly robbed, and Kraken have certainly told me that I can go and sing and dance for my money. If Kraken can behave this way towards thier customers with impunity (i.e. their customers are robbed due to shocking security measures on their part, and indeed due to their database being compromised at their end), then all Bitcoin exchanges can, which means Bitcoin exchanges are an insane place to leave funds lying around.......regardless of what Bitcoin is going to do, or not do, in terms of price over the coming months, I think me and Bitcoin trading have come to the end of the line. Even if I were a crack trader (which I am not), what is the point when any number of exchange and/or hacker shenannigans can leave your account empty overnight? Not like this Kraken incident was the first, nor will it be the last. Indeed, it aint even the first time that a bunch of Kraken accounts have been robbed in this way, yet still the people behind Kraken fail to implement even so much as Email verification for withdrawals......these guys need their license revoked (if they had one), and possibly some jailtime.

Meanwhile, I moved to take all of my remaining funds off Bitcoin last night.......but I have since enabled 2FA on my main account (Finex), and I have misplaced my mobile phone......(which is why I never liked 2FA to begin with)......I shall no doubt still keep my eye on Bitcoin, in order to try and test my TA 'skillz' (lol), but from here on out, I am through with trading it until there are exchanges that are reliable, trustworthy, and answerable to the law.
Not even reading that. Use complete words.

You have all the marks of a rabbit. You prefer pulling others down over building yourself up. You like the victim role. I give better than even odds that you made it up.

But pretending that it did actually happen, how did they get around your yubikey?

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 01:43:36 PM

You have all the marks of a rabbit. You prefer pulling others down over building yourself up. You like the victim role. I give better than even odds that you made it up.

That is not strictly true.

I just enjoy gloating at your own follies and idiocy, especially on the back of the tirades of pompousity that I became accustomed to, back during the bear marker of 2014-2015, which u never once were able to admit was a bear market until it was over....but hey....history repeats itself and I am pretty sure you will make the same old mistakes over and over (cos u seem incapable of learning as your skull seems to be about 3" thick).

I have always said that crypto exchanges are guilty until proven innocent by default.  

Yep. Kraken themselves are my #1 suspect. This shit has happened before (google it), and yet Kraken still don't implement Email verification for withdrawals (as a bare minimum). I think that Kraken are keeping their operations funded, by selectively robbing 'unprotected' customer accounts, having the plausible deniabilty of 'your account got hacked cos u never enabled 2FA (so go and fuck yourself)'.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 02:04:21 PM

Meaning that you don't have a yubikey. Idiots who choose not to protect their money get no sympathy. And no, still don't believe it.

MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 02:32:32 PM

Meaning that you don't have a yubikey. Idiots who choose not to protect their money get no sympathy. And no, still don't believe it.

man o man...

what a fucking prick.

I can't wait until Bitcoin finally goes down the shitter, taking all your hopes, dreams, and wealth with it........

.........and if exchanges keep on robbing their customers, then that day might come sooner rather than later.

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:51:34 PM

The r0ach report vol 2: Bitcoin happenings & Ethereum rough consensus attack

https://steemit.com/blockchain/@r0achtheunsavory/the-r0ach-report-vol-2-bitcoin-happenings-and-ethereum-rough-consensus-attack

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 03:54:39 PM

Where are u nicking that market insight from r0ach.....

Someone who uses bitcoinwisdom as a serious charting tool, is simply not so adept at conducting market analysis, mostly because it is not possible to conduct adept market analysis with bitcoinwisdom....

.....a little bit agitated with myself recently, and the way Bitcoin has been doing more or less what I have been saying it was gonna do (ok..it got $19 higher than my most recent upside target of $670 - 61.8% Fib level). Most recently (I forget whether I posted anything in this thread or not), with Bitcoin at $650s, I basically wrote it off as looking like utter shit...destined for $500 range and/or maybe even $400 range, and unlikely to get it's act together for some time.....so did I get a big short trade away at $650? Nope!

Seems I can call the market without so much as reaching for fib-box tool, so long as I am not also trying to trade it.....this little paradoxical conundrum really does drive me mental........guess I can't handle the pressure, and the first signs of pressure, drives me to behave rather foolishly.

......with that said, since getting my Kraken account emptied the only thing I have been really concerned with, is trying to get my remaining funds 100% out of Bitcoin exchanges. If I am going to continue to trade, then it will have to be Forex or something. Or at the very least, somewhere where I can't just simply be robbed, and then get told to fuck off by the exchange operators, without any form of realistic comeback. Anyhow, instead of withdrawing fiat direct from exchanges and getting stung by international currency conversion premiums and such, I get money out of Bitcoin via LocalBitcoin, where there is a never ending supply of drug addicts and secual deviants, queuing up to get their mits on some 'Paedo Pesos', and pay around 2% premium over spot. Problem with that is that it can take hours to get the BTC from say Finex, and onto LocalBitcoin, and I am having difficulty in identify a safe window of opportunity to do so...i.e.....a reasonable period of time where Bitcoin isn't likey to tank.......this sums Bitcoin up for me at the moment....'hard to pick a 5 hour period, where a big fucking dump isn't very likely'.

Without getting into any TA....over the long term, I see Bitcoin getting back down to $450 area and a bit below the cost of production for the big Chinese miners. This is nothing but a market of attrition. Slick move with regards to PMs....but whilst silver offers way more volatility, gold is where it is at imo. Gold will be used as currency once again, or at least as a backing for national currencies, as the USD hegemony slowly unwinds. No other good reason why China would be both the #1 producer of gold, and also the #1 importer. Silver's future imo, is as an industrial commodity, which relies on strong industrial demand, which in turn relies upon a strong economy.

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 04:06:32 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2016, 04:32:30 PM by r0ach

Someone who uses bitcoinwisdom as a serious charting tool

A guy I know works at a NYC hedge fund and he said when he trades BTC, all he uses is lines + volume as indicators heh.  He traded a 1000 btc position during halving and did well, but I beat him in gains.  I linked him to this thread one day and he said something like "I don't think that guy has figured out all or the majority of TA is reverse looking".  It obviously has uses, but whatever, it's mostly about predicting what the market makers are going to do.

The funny part about Mat trades is, you always seem obsessed with very short term trades in the span of minutes, all of which have been outsourced to algorithmic, market maker trading bots, while the trades that aren't outsourced to robots, you're scared to hold BTC long enough to actually do them lol.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 04:34:07 PM

A guy I know works at a NYC hedge fund and he said when he trades BTC, all he uses is lines + volume as indicators heh.  He traded a 1000 btc position during halving and did well, but I beat him in gains.  I linked him to this thread one day and he said something like "I don't think that guy has figured out all or the majority of TA is reverse looking".

Lots of traders hate momentum indicators and such, because they tell you what has already happened. At best, TA provides a statistical framework and guide, to tell the trader when to enter and exit the market. There are never any guarantees and in a market, anything can happen. However, if a trader notices in a market, then when factors A, B, and C, all line up, then price has a 70% chance of going in a certain direction, then the trader has a system that should greatly improve his market interactions over simply trading on impulse or on 'hearsay'

....with all that said if a trader had the nerve, discipline, and the patience to trade Bitcoin long and short based simply on taking 61.8% retraces, then he would have made a fucking killing over the past year or so....even the recent top, was a 61.8% tag from the ATH. The good old 61.8% retrace and reversal zone is one of the first things that I learned on the traders course that I done, but actually being able to implement it successfully in the marketplace is quite another matter.

Being able to successfully trade markets, takes more than just knowing about TA principles and trade setups, and even more than simply having a gut instinct for what state the market is in. Fact is, most people can't do it

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 04:59:47 PM

Gold will be used as currency once again, or at least as a backing for national currencies, as the USD hegemony slowly unwinds. No other good reason why China would be both the #1 producer of gold, and also the #1 importer. Silver's future imo, is as an industrial commodity, which relies on strong industrial demand, which in turn relies upon a strong economy.

Wow, MatTheGoldBug, who woulda thunk it.  

There will never be a return to a Gold-backed currency, for one simple reason: Lack of trust.

There is no way for countries to verify exactly how much gold they actually possess or of each other, and with gold severely fractionalized several orders of magnitude, over speculated with ETFs, and rampant faking with tungsten, etc. no one would trust the numbers.  Any country could just fake the math entirely.  In fact, many countries are already doing just that. And there is absolutely no way to call the bluff on anyone.

The public will know better...
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:08:57 PM

Wow, MatTheGoldBug, who woulda thunk it.  

There will never be a return to a Gold-backed currency, for one simple reason: Lack of trust.

There is no way for countries to verify exactly how much gold they actually possess or of each other, and with gold severely fractionalized several orders of magnitude, over speculated with ETFs, and rampant faking with tungsten, etc. no one would trust the numbers.  Any country could just fake the math entirely.  In fact, many countries are already doing just that. And there is absolutely no way to call the bluff on anyone.

The public will know better...

I doubt that we will ever have a gold standard again....but there will be a transitional phase, as the global market starts to lose faith in the value of the dollar, other currencies, most of which are backed by the USD, are going to seek to validify the value of their currencies, and I believe that gold will play an important role in that. Thus I believe that the gold price will ultimately price in more than just an inflation adjusted figure reflecting it's scarcity against the volume of USD in ciruclation.

I think the future, the real future of money, way of in the distance is going to be some form of crypto currency..........just not Bitcoin, nor any of the other candidates sniffing around at 2nd-3rd spot behind Bitcoin. In my view, all these cryptos around presently, are early prototypes, that are being test driven.

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:57:58 PM

The scams in Bitcoin never fail to disappoint.  Huobi kept trying to push down the market with 0 volume wash trades to try and shake out margin longs because god forbid an insider trading shorter should have to cover at a loss. There were too many buyers at $600 on Finex, so what happens?  Finex randomly takes their site down and goxes out of the blue saying they have to unwind margin trades.

Just glad I have no funds on Finex right now.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: