Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A!  (Read 85765 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:16:21 AM

you're screwing yourself out of a huge opportunity over a silly grudge. to sum up what you just said in one little sentence.
He does that. He has a pathological need to be in the victim role, even at personal expense.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MatDerKater

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:47:19 PM

you're screwing yourself out of a huge opportunity over a silly grudge. to sum up what you just said in one little sentence.
He does that. He has a pathological need to be in the victim role, even at personal expense.

I have to concede, that I am giving my own psychological pathology a lot of consideration in how it is influencing my decisions, both in Bitcoin and in life in general.

I don't think I have a need to play the victim as such, but have a crushing lack of faith in my own judgement, I always believe that the fuck-up is just around the corner, and therefore I am always trying to dodge the bombshell, and always fighting with myself, which leads to some terrible decision making, not to mention some painful karma.

I have lost way more than I have made in Bitcoin, and therefore decided to learn to trade. Just as I was getting to the point where I was turning a regular overall profit, I got my Kraken account emptied whilst I was on holiday(and told to fuk off by the exchange), and then before I got around to emptying my Finex account of funds, Finex dipped 36% of my total account. This was the point where I decided I was finished with Bitcoin for good, despite having a very strong hunch (as I posted in this thread), that Bitcoin was set to be taken up to $1500. What I done instead, was take the remaining BTC I had, and put it all into Shitcoins. I am down around 50% on the whole lot.

In conclusion, I hold my cognitive and intuitive abilities in high regard, but realise that my subconscious make-up will always conspire against any conscious goals that I have, especially when I am operating in any high stress/tension capacity, where the stakes are high.

But with all that said.....

Whilst getting burned in Bitcoin may have resulted in me missing out on large profit opportunities, it also taught me an invaluable lesson not just about Bitcoin, but about the nature of counterparty risk. I hold quite a lot of precious metals which have had a terrible past 5 years overall, but in the long run, long after Bitcoin has imploded upon itself and is rendered worthless, and long after the current global currencies have evaporated as the inflatable promises that they are, gold and silver, that you hold in your hand, will have real value.

Just as I had/have a belief that Bitcoin goes to $1500, I also have a belief that gold is the ultimate representation of real wealth, right down to it's sub atomic nature. If my experiences in Bitcoin have taught me anything, then it would be to have faith in what will unfold in the long term, and don't be drawn into short term machinations and shenanigans.

Gold is the ultimate hedge against a collapse of faith in currencies.

Bitcoin is billed as a hedge against a collapse of faith in currencies, but will itself go up in smoke long before the dollar is in it's last throws, taking a shit ton of notional wealth down the Black Hole with it. Mark my words.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:09:16 PM

I have to concede, that I am giving my own psychological pathology a lot of consideration in how it is influencing my decisions, both in Bitcoin and in life in general.

I don't think I have a need to play the victim as such, but have a crushing lack of faith in my own judgement, I always believe that the fuck-up is just around the corner, and therefore I am always trying to dodge the bombshell, and always fighting with myself, which leads to some terrible decision making, not to mention some painful karma.

I have lost way more than I have made in Bitcoin, and therefore decided to learn to trade. Just as I was getting to the point where I was turning a regular overall profit, I got my Kraken account emptied whilst I was on holiday(and told to fuk off by the exchange), and then before I got around to emptying my Finex account of funds, Finex dipped 36% of my total account. This was the point where I decided I was finished with Bitcoin for good, despite having a very strong hunch (as I posted in this thread), that Bitcoin was set to be taken up to $1500. What I done instead, was take the remaining BTC I had, and put it all into Shitcoins. I am down around 50% on the whole lot.

In conclusion, I hold my cognitive and intuitive abilities in high regard, but realise that my subconscious make-up will always conspire against any conscious goals that I have, especially when I am operating in any high stress/tension capacity, where the stakes are high.

But with all that said.....

Whilst getting burned in Bitcoin may have resulted in me missing out on large profit opportunities, it also taught me an invaluable lesson not just about Bitcoin, but about the nature of counterparty risk. I hold quite a lot of precious metals which have had a terrible past 5 years overall, but in the long run, long after Bitcoin has imploded upon itself and is rendered worthless, and long after the current global currencies have evaporated as the inflatable promises that they are, gold and silver, that you hold in your hand, will have real value.

Just as I had/have a belief that Bitcoin goes to $1500, I also have a belief that gold is the ultimate representation of real wealth, right down to it's sub atomic nature. If my experiences in Bitcoin have taught me anything, then it would be to have faith in what will unfold in the long term, and don't be drawn into short term machinations and shenanigans.

Gold is the ultimate hedge against a collapse of faith in currencies.

Bitcoin is billed as a hedge against a collapse of faith in currencies, but will itself go up in smoke long before the dollar is in it's last throws, taking a shit ton of notional wealth down the Black Hole with it. Mark my words.
Nope. You are still working against yourself.

The price of bitcoin is a direct function of supply and demand. The supply is known, the newly minted amount of coins is known. The demand is the entire world. What percentage of the world is currently using bitcoin?

You don't even deserve this much help. Fortunately for you, I am drunk and in a giving mood.

Market buy whatever you can afford NOW. And don't touch it for the next ten years.

MatDerKater

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:46:41 PM

Market buy whatever you can afford NOW. And don't touch it for the next ten years.

... And please tell us when you do so. We will have to sell seconds later.

won't ever buy Bitcoin ever again.......

.....except in small amounts to buy drugs with.

In Bitcoinworld, you can get fleeced within the blink of an eyelid, and there aint nothing you will be able to ever do about it.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:54:16 PM

In Bitcoinworld, you can get fleeced within the blink of an eyelid, and there aint nothing you will be able to ever do about it.
Quit the drugs, market buy, wait a couple years and profit.

Or, you know, keep doing whatever it is you think is worth doing. In the meanwhile, I am on the cusp of being financially independent. You only have yourself to thank for your situation.

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 10:13:34 PM

Matt months ago I told you bitcoin is bullish don't fight the trend. You should have listened mate, buy and hodl, so easy when you know how.

edit: and don't hold it on an exchange
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:25:19 PM

I hope Mat has become millionaire with his bearish stance  Grin
MatDerKater

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:25:45 PM

Matt months ago I told you bitcoin is bullish don't fight the trend. You should have listened mate, buy and hodl, so easy when you know how.

If traders can't trust the exchanges, then they can't trust the market.

Where is Bitcoin being pumped up right now?

On the exchanges!

On the Chinese exchanges that is!

USD vol is looking deliriously thin.

You all think you can trust a bunch of Chinese financial cowboys operating beyond the reach of any moral code or written law?

When Bitcoin finally evaporates into dust, taking everyone's notional wealth (denominated in USD of course), I will not be the least bit surprised.

I hope Mat has become millionaire with his bearish stance  Grin

I touted Bitcoin to go to $1500 back in September m8. The call is posted near the same place as I stated that I wouldn't be touching Bitcoin ever again.

Sure, Bitcoin is looking like it will go to $1500. But it is as likely to go to $5000, as it is to implode on the following day.......chinese Bitcoin Cowboy shenanigans aside, all it takes to murder Bitcoin is a word from the PBOC. Meanwhile, there are loads of stocks from established corporations that are performing way better than Bitcoin this past year. If someone is gonna invest, why take the huge systemic risks involved with Bitcoin? It just doesn't make any sense.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:35:02 PM

On the exchanges!

You all think you can trust a bunch of Chinese financial cowboys operating beyond the reach of any moral code or written law?

When Bitcoin finally evaporates into dust, taking everyone's notional wealth (denominated in USD of course), I will not be the least bit surprised.

I touted Bitcoin to go to $1500 back in September m8. The call is posted near the same place as I stated that I wouldn't be touching Bitcoin ever again.

Sure, Bitcoin is looking like it will go to $1500. But it is as likely to go to $5000, as it is to implode on the following day.......chinese Bitcoin Cowboy shenanigans aside, all it takes to murder Bitcoin is a word from the PBOC. Meanwhile, there are loads of stocks from established corporations that are performing way better than Bitcoin this past year. If someone is gonna invest, why take the huge systemic risks involved with Bitcoin? It just doesn't make any sense.

Sure Matt, put all your trust/faith in Gold. You know, the stuff that no one will ever know who has what amounts (if any), and as long as naked short sellers can put their boot on through an endless amount of derivatives, will never go anywhere.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 10:41:52 PM

On the exchanges!

The market survived Gox and numerous other exchange hacks/thefts. The market isn't the exchanges. Holding outside an exchange only means looking at longer timescales and being secure.
MatDerKater

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:43:31 PM

Sure Matt, put all your trust/faith in Gold. You know, the stuff that no one will ever know who has what amounts (if any), and as long as naked short sellers can put their boot on through an endless amount of derivatives, will never go anywhere.

On the grander scheme of things, gold is real wealth, and always will be so long as humanity continues to exist in the physical 3 dimensional world in which it has always existed. Gold will still be a highly valued commodity and representation of wealth long after Bitcoin has become a digital museum piece. That is the crucial difference.

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:46:25 PM

On the grander scheme of things, gold is real wealth, and always will be so long as humanity continues to exist in the physical 3 dimensional world in which it has always existed. Gold will still be a highly valued commodity and representation of wealth long after Bitcoin has become a digital museum piece. That is the crucial difference.

The only thing those shiny rocks are good for is coating the pins on my processors (err sockets, depending)! Wink

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 10:49:43 PM

Gold, Silver, and Bitcoin  is a well balanced portfolio (for me at least). I think precious metals will one day surprise everyone when the manipulation finally ends and potentially bitcoin problems become apparent. But through holding bitcoin I've managed to increase holding of gold and silver but only because bitcoin keeps growing so much faster (so far)
MatDerKater

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:49:52 PM

The market survived Gox and numerous other exchange hacks/thefts. The market isn't the exchanges. Holding outside an exchange only means looking at longer timescales and being secure.

yeah, but just look at the trading volumes on Finex since the shenanigans and the 'bail ins' there.

Where has it gone?

You think I am alone in representing an example of a person who is 100% through with Bitcoin, for good? Must be tens of thousands of people who have moved their balls of capital out of the Bitcoin sphere once and for all, hence the anaemic cross exchange USD volume. This pump has more to do with China than ever before, and for all we know, 90% of it could just be a computer algorithm churning out numbers.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:04:13 PM

mat the ideal strategy for you is just buy and hold for 2+ years. after that you can decide to sell or not Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:08:17 PM

yeah, but just look at the trading volumes on Finex since the shenanigans and the 'bail ins' there.

Where has it gone?

You think I am alone in representing an example of a person who is 100% through with Bitcoin, for good? Must be tens of thousands of people who have moved their balls of capital out of the Bitcoin sphere once and for all, hence the anaemic cross exchange USD volume. This pump has more to do with China than ever before, and for all we know, 90% of it could just be a computer algorithm churning out numbers.

i'll bet that gox took out a vast number of the bitcoin old guard, but they were very, very stupid to remain in there until the end.

as for bitfinex, i see a lot of people rage quitting only to sneak on back a few days later. but i'm sure a lot of people have been burnt and walked away.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:18:04 PM

MatTheBrokeCat?

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 11:23:02 PM

Where has it gone?

Well I know how it feels after losing all my bitcoin (at the time) in bitcoinica. If I still had those bitcoin I'd be a lot better off.Yes I've been kicked in the balls but instead of crying about the unfairness I bought more and came up with a secure strategy which is still working for me now. This is bitcoin early days still.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:40:59 AM

Where has it gone?

Well I know how it feels after losing all my bitcoin (at the time) in bitcoinica. If I still had those bitcoin I'd be a lot better off.Yes I've been kicked in the balls but instead of crying about the unfairness I bought more and came up with a secure strategy which is still working for me now. This is bitcoin early days still.
Doing it wrong. You are supposed to cry like a bitch and blame everyone except yourself.

MatDerKater

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 01:24:34 PM

naw, no thanks.

lol
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: