Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:18:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A!  (Read 85765 times)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 02:59:40 PM

Market buy whatever you can afford NOW. And don't touch it for the next ten years.

naw, no thanks.

lol

Makes sense.

Warren Buffett says that "If you can't hold an investment for at least 10 years, you shouldn't hold it for 10 minutes."

Guess Matt continues to prove Buffett right.  He can't hold *any* investment for at least 10 minutes, lol.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MatDerKater

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:19:46 PM

Market buy whatever you can afford NOW. And don't touch it for the next ten years.

naw, no thanks.

lol

Makes sense.

Warren Buffett says that "If you can't hold an investment for at least 10 years, you shouldn't hold it for 10 minutes."

Guess Matt continues to prove Buffett right.  He can't hold *any* investment for at least 10 minutes, lol.

I have held gold and silver for almost that long.....

......but then that is real wealth, that can't just be turned off and rendered worthless by some totalitarian government on the other side of the world.....

Regardless of any pending ramps in Bitcoin, it will all end in tears. Mark my words.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:38:15 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 06:11:06 PM by Torque

......but then that is real wealth, that can't just be turned off and rendered worthless by some totalitarian government on the other side of the world.....

Absolutely it can.

Gold was made illegal (for private citizens) to own in the U.S. by FDR in 1933.

Gold wasn't made legal again to own in the U.S. until Gerald Ford signed a bill in 1974.

That's 41 straight years of "rendering it useless by some totalitarian government".  Roll Eyes

And if you don't think they can or will do it again, you're crazy.  It's happening in India right now.

Side note: Whatever happened to all that U.S. govt seized Gold in 41 years?  Hmmm? I wonder...
MatDerKater

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:03:02 PM

Do you think this huge 2-year long bull market is over? Is it bear time now? Your thoughts?

To predict whether that was the end of the bull, and the the start of the bear, u need to look at a long term chart. This is a Gann Square applied to the Weekly Stamp chart:

The rules when applying a Gann, is to square the chart, by applying a 45° line, and aligning the chart aspect ratio, in order that the 45° line joins up the bottom and the top of the first clear upswing. In this case, Nov 2011 @ $2 to April 2013 @ $240. The first arc is then placed at a tangent to the top of the first swing up, and what remains provides a pretty reliable roadmap of what is to come, providing the chartist applies the rules correctly.

The 45° line, represents 'reasonable' growth in a long term bull market. As can be seen, Bitcoin has spent some time north of 'reasonable growth', but almost all of the past 2.5 years beneath this 45° growth line. It is only the last week, that Bitcoin breached this line, but was then slapped back by the turquoise arc. This is totally normal and indeed expected behaviour. These Arcs represent barriers to price growth and usually, price will meet resistance around these arcs and be repelled back in the opposite direction. This can be seen back in June 2016, where the halving pump topped out at $780, was repelled back for another attempt on the arc, which failed, with spot passing through on the 3rd attempt. In situations where spot passes right through the arc with little or no resistance, it can be expected that price will come back down to retest that arc as support. This can be seen in the Nov 2015 pump, followed by the crash back to $300 (test of other side of arc), and most spectacularly in Oct/Nov 2013, when spot blasted through not just one, but two Gann arcs (orange and yellow), only being repelled at the third (green), and as we know, spot came right back down to test both the yellow, and the orange arc.

In summation, depending on the timeframe of your outlook, the bull market cannot be said to have yet reversed. Most likely, Bitcoin rallies from here, fails at next attempt on the arc, and then goes back down to 600-700 region, before being pumped right through the arc, with it's next stop being the dark blue way up at around $1500.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 10:10:04 AM

with it's next stop being the dark blue way up at around $1500.

Mat's most bullish BTC prediction yet.  I guess we are heading to $15.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:06:12 AM

Do you think this huge 2-year long bull market is over? Is it bear time now? Your thoughts?

To predict whether that was the end of the bull, and the the start of the bear, u need to look at a long term chart. This is a Gann Square applied to the Weekly Stamp chart:

The rules when applying a Gann, is to square the chart, by applying a 45° line, and aligning the chart aspect ratio, in order that the 45° line joins up the bottom and the top of the first clear upswing. In this case, Nov 2011 @ $2 to April 2013 @ $240. The first arc is then placed at a tangent to the top of the first swing up, and what remains provides a pretty reliable roadmap of what is to come, providing the chartist applies the rules correctly.

The 45° line, represents 'reasonable' growth in a long term bull market. As can be seen, Bitcoin has spent some time north of 'reasonable growth', but almost all of the past 2.5 years beneath this 45° growth line. It is only the last week, that Bitcoin breached this line, but was then slapped back by the turquoise arc. This is totally normal and indeed expected behaviour. These Arcs represent barriers to price growth and usually, price will meet resistance around these arcs and be repelled back in the opposite direction. This can be seen back in June 2016, where the halving pump topped out at $780, was repelled back for another attempt on the arc, which failed, with spot passing through on the 3rd attempt. In situations where spot passes right through the arc with little or no resistance, it can be expected that price will come back down to retest that arc as support. This can be seen in the Nov 2015 pump, followed by the crash back to $300 (test of other side of arc), and most spectacularly in Oct/Nov 2013, when spot blasted through not just one, but two Gann arcs (orange and yellow), only being repelled at the third (green), and as we know, spot came right back down to test both the yellow, and the orange arc.

In summation, depending on the timeframe of your outlook, the bull market cannot be said to have yet reversed. Most likely, Bitcoin rallies from here, fails at next attempt on the arc, and then goes back down to 600-700 region, before being pumped right through the arc, with it's next stop being the dark blue way up at around $1500.

lol

After the linear chart, here goes the squared chart from 0 to 1000
MatDerKater

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:01:10 PM

with it's next stop being the dark blue way up at around $1500.

Mat's most bullish BTC prediction yet.  I guess we are heading to $15.

Bullish over the longer term, NOT over the short term.....if I were holding BTC from before or just after breakout (~$800), I would be looking to cash out on any move back up towards the $1000 area, with of course no guarantee that it will even get up that high again before the POC at 700 is retested. I actually know someone who rebought Bitcoin at $830, and who has held right up until now. My advice to him was to sell some at $960, which was the completion of an AB=CD Harmonic, and if he was going to hold onto any Bitcoin beyond this point on this same nosebleed parabolic move up, then ultimate sell point was up at $1080, which is also a AB=CD (green) on much higher timeframe and a 1.618 Fib Ext on the breakout from previous high:

......of course, Bitcoin went up to $1140, and during a telephone call with him, I congratulated him on not listening to me, and admitting that I had no fkn idea how high they were going to pump this piece of shit.......but just a few days later.....whack!

It isn't about being right, it is about getting paid. Even if he had cashed out fully at my first target of $960 (which is what I would have likely done), then he still woulda got paid, providing he could withstand temptation to FOMO buy as Bitcoin soared higher and higher.

Going forward from here, I see profit taking (and arse covering) whenever Bitcoin reapproaches recent key levels up above, followed by a deeper cut back into $600-$700 area, before consolidating in prep for next move up.

If what I say turns out to be 100% accurate, and bitcoin drops to $700 and eventually breaks out and pops up to $1500, then that is still only 100% move up (for the sharpest of traders that is) in what must be one of the highest risk markets, with the most crooked, incompetent, and untrustworthy exchanges of any commodity or stock, anywhere in the world. Returns to be had in Bitcoin now are just not worth all that.......my mate however, like many of you in here, thinks Bitcoin is going to take over the world. Anyone who thinks like that may as well kiss goodbye to their wealth right now.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 08:57:13 AM

......my mate however, like many of you in here, thinks Bitcoin is going to take over the world. Anyone who thinks like that may as well kiss goodbye to their wealth right now.
And yet you are the one losing money.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
MatDerKater

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 09:51:32 PM

......my mate however, like many of you in here, thinks Bitcoin is going to take over the world. Anyone who thinks like that may as well kiss goodbye to their wealth right now.

indeed,and finally, after all those months/years of being deep in red, you are the one making money.....

......until one day Bitcoin just goes 'Puff@, that is.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 10:02:26 PM

indeed,and finally, after all those months/years of being deep in red, you are the one making money.....

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:28:00 PM

I have three times the coins I originally set out for thanks to those years of accumulation.

fuckingidiot350

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:21:20 AM

naw, no thanks.

lol

Makes sense.

Regardless of any pending ramps in Bitcoin, it will all end in tears. Mark my words.

Mat suspect you are right eventually it will bust.

However the question is how long will it survive?

The longer bitcoin stays around the more credibility it gets , simply for surviving and not being broken.  The price follows credibility.

Eventually it will collapse that's for sure, the only question is how long will it be around for.  Until it crashes it seems likely the price will only increase

I suspect it will not be around longer than 10-15 more years. But in that time it could go much higher as more people buy in.  That is why its so interesting to many investors.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:16:51 AM

Nobody knows how long Bitcoin will be around and how well it will do in the future. Not me, not you, nobody, we are all just making our own silly predictions based on our personal beliefs. One thing is for sure and that is that this is the most exciting and promising market I've been involved in and there's no way I will be sitting at the sidelines being all cynical and predicting doom upon everyone for holding Bitcoin. That's just sad, sorry. If Bitcoin goes bust I will not be sorry one bit for investing the time and money I have so far, I have learned a lot about so many things due to Bitcoin and that's worth much more to me than the price ever going to $1,000,000 or whatever. I have invested $0 in gold and silver as I can't be bothered to store and carry that boring crap around, but good luck to you if you believe that's what will carry you through the hard times. Not my cup of tea, it's Bitcoin all the way baby. Grin

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:18:01 AM

naw, no thanks.

lol

Makes sense.

and what make you believe that bitcoin can be made worthless by a single government of the world? if you think that if china seize all their bitcoin farm bitcoin will die?

no just plain wrong, it will only created an awesome opportunity for the remaining miners around the world to mine more coins, you can't kill a decentralized project by destroying a single centralized portion of it
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:26:27 PM

I have three times the coins I originally set out for thanks to those years of accumulation.

Bah! All I got is pizza!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:31:04 PM

is this technical analysis of bitcoin or matthecat's psychological makeup? let's have some bitcoin too.
MatDerKater

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:33:33 PM

is this technical analysis of bitcoin or matthecat's psychological makeup? let's have some bitcoin too.

Stopped trading Bitcoin after both Finex and Kraken robbed my account.

This thread is essentially defunct as far as Bitcoin TA goes, but it is still used by some of my long time 'fans' as a means of taunting me.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:56:14 AM

Stopped trading Bitcoin after both Finex and Kraken robbed my account.

This thread is essentially defunct as far as Bitcoin TA goes, but it is still used by some of my long time 'fans' as a means of taunting me.
The real question is why you keep putting yourself out there.

MatDerKater

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:32:37 PM

Hey Ibian. I notced that Bitcoin is now back down below your net buy-in level..

shame eh?
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:22:36 AM

Hey Ibian. I notced that Bitcoin is now back down below your net buy-in level..

shame eh?

As usual, r0ach lives to see another day and was unloading for silver and gold at $1100's.  TPTB allow Bitcoin to rise because they don't want people in the metals market.  I wonder how far they will let it rise once they figure Bitcoin is flooded with Austrian economists who are either selling a large portion, or at least hedging some gains with metals driving the price of those up.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: