Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:23:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: - AURORACOIN -  (Read 136766 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:32:51 PM

I would also like to add that having our great representatives from the Aurarad foundation present at these meetings is really awesome! How many crypto initiatives do you know that have direct and frequent fundamental contact with central banks and government? Auroracoin does!

This is precisely why Auroracoin is so special folks, what would take Bitcoin or any other coin decades to achieve, Auroracoin is already realizing. Not only because we take the right action, but also because the targeted community is manageable in a way no other country can be!

Respect to my friends in Iceland!  Smiley

Auroracoin is beyond impressive in my humble opinion. Would the dev. team mind if I requested it to be on poloniex? https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Please do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
preble

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:27:49 PM

I would also like to add that having our great representatives from the Aurarad foundation present at these meetings is really awesome! How many crypto initiatives do you know that have direct and frequent fundamental contact with central banks and government? Auroracoin does!

This is precisely why Auroracoin is so special folks, what would take Bitcoin or any other coin decades to achieve, Auroracoin is already realizing. Not only because we take the right action, but also because the targeted community is manageable in a way no other country can be!

Respect to my friends in Iceland!  Smiley

Auroracoin is beyond impressive in my humble opinion. Would the dev. team mind if I requested it to be on poloniex? https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Please do.

Sounds great. Happy Valentine's Day to the Auroracoin community! Buy your ladies some flowers and chocolate.
Skarfur

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:54:07 AM

Getting rid of cash is the most stupid thing a country could do. It makes your whole economic infrastructure dependent on the power grid AND network infrastructure. For both you can't guarantee 100% uptime. Cryptos complement cash, not replace it.

All this discussion by central banks is focusing on how to upgrade the existing system to compete against bitcoin but not how to work with bitcoin to make a better system

It's like they have shut out the possibility of using bitcoin/ auroracoin to their advantage from the start.

Based on the statements from the central bank of iceland it looks like they will completely ignore the possibilities of using auroracoin as a asset to back the krona.

When it comes to influence why not create a protest movement that demands the cB buys auroracoin

Hi adamastor,

Your comments have been more insightful lately then in the past. My compliments for that. We had some internal discussion regarding this CB meeting. This also shows that the foundation is positioning themselves as an authority on crypto/blockchain tech. I think this is a good development. It also shows the CB is a bit clueless on what can be done and what should be not (hence my previous comment). Even if the CB releases their own "i-krona" blockchain, they have the same trust record regarding ISK in terms of financial stability (which is poor and is the reason why AUR exists in the first place).

For now I don't see the CB people as the bad guys and I consider all options open. Mind that these are just initial talks.

Though it's good that the interest and discussion about cryptocurrencies is getting stronger here in Iceland adamastor is on the right track here. They are not about to try and implement a decentralised, fixed cap cryptocurrency here (which in my opinion is the only two factors that make Bitcoin and derived coins unique as an electronic currency). What they would do is to strip those factors out so for one they could centrally control it, at least it would not come to a community consensus when faced with changes. They would always make sure that they would be able to enforce their will and secondly they are scared of the idea of a fixed cap currency. Their ideas involve a fixed, predetermined and permanent (till they feel otherwise) inflation into the currency.

IMHO these changes to a cryptocurrency break the very concept of Bitcoin. These two factors I mentioned of fixed money supply and a decentralisation where the community leads the way are an essential to our cause. Yes I called it a cause as to me that is what Auroracoin is. It's our opportunity, the oppressed to take control out of the hands of the oppressors (dramatic words I know but to me it's accurate) and we should not accept a solution from the guardians of this system we have in place now that is designed to keep us slaves of dept, where the only advantage we have is stripped out and we are left with the same arrangement we have now, only with a blockchain to run it.

I do not consider the Central Bank to be an enemy, it's just a institute full of people that are themselves (mostly) slaves of dept but they are working for this institute that was set up to guard the system we want removed. So in reality for the CB to accept cryptocurrencies in their natural form would be like for them to accept that their own existence is needless. Of course there would always be institutes to try to regulate and stabilise the currency and economy but it would not operate in the form a CB does today. I do applaud that they are looking more into cryptocurrencies and I think it will be beneficial to us in the end.  Smiley
adamastor

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:14:09 PM

Getting rid of cash is the most stupid thing a country could do. It makes your whole economic infrastructure dependent on the power grid AND network infrastructure. For both you can't guarantee 100% uptime. Cryptos complement cash, not replace it.

All this discussion by central banks is focusing on how to upgrade the existing system to compete against bitcoin but not how to work with bitcoin to make a better system

It's like they have shut out the possibility of using bitcoin/ auroracoin to their advantage from the start.

Based on the statements from the central bank of iceland it looks like they will completely ignore the possibilities of using auroracoin as a asset to back the krona.

When it comes to influence why not create a protest movement that demands the cB buys auroracoin

Hi adamastor,

Your comments have been more insightful lately then in the past. My compliments for that. We had some internal discussion regarding this CB meeting. This also shows that the foundation is positioning themselves as an authority on crypto/blockchain tech. I think this is a good development. It also shows the CB is a bit clueless on what can be done and what should be not (hence my previous comment). Even if the CB releases their own "i-krona" blockchain, they have the same trust record regarding ISK in terms of financial stability (which is poor and is the reason why AUR exists in the first place).

For now I don't see the CB people as the bad guys and I consider all options open. Mind that these are just initial talks.

Though it's good that the interest and discussion about cryptocurrencies is getting stronger here in Iceland adamastor is on the right track here. They are not about to try and implement a decentralised, fixed cap cryptocurrency here (which in my opinion is the only two factors that make Bitcoin and derived coins unique as an electronic currency). What they would do is to strip those factors out so for one they could centrally control it, at least it would not come to a community consensus when faced with changes. They would always make sure that they would be able to enforce their will and secondly they are scared of the idea of a fixed cap currency. Their ideas involve a fixed, predetermined and permanent (till they feel otherwise) inflation into the currency.

IMHO these changes to a cryptocurrency break the very concept of Bitcoin. These two factors I mentioned of fixed money supply and a decentralisation where the community leads the way are an essential to our cause. Yes I called it a cause as to me that is what Auroracoin is. It's our opportunity, the oppressed to take control out of the hands of the oppressors (dramatic words I know but to me it's accurate) and we should not accept a solution from the guardians of this system we have in place now that is designed to keep us slaves of dept, where the only advantage we have is stripped out and we are left with the same arrangement we have now, only with a blockchain to run it.

I do not consider the Central Bank to be an enemy, it's just a institute full of people that are themselves (mostly) slaves of dept but they are working for this institute that was set up to guard the system we want removed. So in reality for the CB to accept cryptocurrencies in their natural form would be like for them to accept that their own existence is needless. Of course there would always be institutes to try to regulate and stabilise the currency and economy but it would not operate in the form a CB does today. I do applaud that they are looking more into cryptocurrencies and I think it will be beneficial to us in the end.  Smiley

At some point the cB must see that putting auroracoiN on their balance sheet will have massive benefits for Iceland.

How ever the cb has massive debt with the IMF and most decisions aren't even made by icelandic bankers but the imf and nato instead

The cB will make every excuse possible not to buy auroacoin and go on a scare campaign  to dissuade people from using auroracoin.

I think the goal of replacing the krona with Auroracoin is technically very difficult and the complexity of the process will meet resistance from average citizensure.

A more direct goal could be to pressure the cB to buy auroracoin as a reserve asset for the krona enriching everyone who holds the krona and everyone who has auroracoin as well.

This could also become a very simple target for a protest movemeMt.
adamastor

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:33:58 PM

Mr antonopolous is in Cape Town on the 6th of March at a local bitcoin meet up.

I was hoping I could ask him questions as a representative of auroracoin?
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:31:07 PM

One aspect is that if an official body such as CB creates an official blockchain based currency, the trust people generally have in cryptocurrencies would go up and they might start accepting the idea of Auroracoin as well, and later on realize it is the better choice.
adamastor

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:21:28 PM

Mr antonopolous is in Cape Town on the 6th of March at a local bitcoin meet up.

I was hoping I could ask him questions as a representative of auroracoin?

Please do not present yourself as a representative of AUR.  If you want to introduce yourself as an enthusiast and user, that's fine.

-Fuse

Got you. I'll try and get some video footage.
preble

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 06:12:13 PM

Just buy and hold it . It must rise after then !

Yeah I don't know why people are selling auroracoin now. Do they really think there is a better altcoin out there?
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:38:02 PM

Yeah I don't know why people are selling auroracoin now. Do they really think there is a better altcoin out there?

People want to get BitCoin because of the price rise. On a side note I saw on Coinmarketcap.com that there are only about 8 million coins in circulation. Is this true? I thought there were a lot more

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:31:22 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 07:57:03 PM by molecular

People want to get BitCoin because of the price rise. On a side note I saw on Coinmarketcap.com that there are only about 8 million coins in circulation. Is this true? I thought there were a lot more

How many aurora coins are available in the market Huh

~14.0m  in existence, subtracting the
  5.3m  burned, subtracting the
  1.0m  Aurarad foundation M1 fund, subtracting the
  2.0m  coins lost (guess)
=5.7m  total supply of AUR.

I wouldn't subtract "lost coins" or "aurarad foundation" personally, though. Evades me why dinobotta would subtract these from "total supply", but I guess it can make sense in a way.

So: there's 8.7 mAUR possibly accessible. (14 - 5.3). The 5.3 are surely burned: https://explorer.auroracoin.eu/address/AURburnAURburnAURburnAURburn7eS4Rf

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:52:19 AM

How many aurora coins are available in the market Huh

~14.0m  in existence, subtracting the
  5.3m  burned, subtracting the
  1.0m  Aurarad foundation M1 fund, subtracting the
  2.0m  coins lost (guess)
=5.7m  total supply of AUR.

I wouldn't subtract "lost coins" or "aurarad foundation" personally, though. Evades me why dinobotta would subtract these from "total supply", but I guess it can make sense in a way.

So: there's 8.7 mAUR possibly accessible. (14 - 5.3). The 5.3 are surely burned: https://explorer.auroracoin.eu/address/AURburnAURburnAURburnAURburn7eS4Rf

You are right, just my perspective of not looking at the foundation coins as on the market and speculations on lost coins.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:52:37 AM

You are right, just my perspective of not looking at the foundation coins as on the market and speculations on lost coins.

Ok, figured as much, thanks for clarifying.

For any public statement those would have to be counted as "in circulation", of course.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:59:59 PM

Pirate party is coming to power so maybe Aurora will take off?

Pirate Party has 10 seats out of 63 in parliament

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
preble

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:55:31 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 10:00:29 AM by preble

Pirate party is coming to power so maybe Aurora will take off?

Pirate Party has 10 seats out of 63 in parliament

Yeah i think it could help. Right now there is more interest outside of Iceland than in Iceland based upon bittrex vs. ISX buy volume. I remember back before vote aurora was selling at about a 50% premium higher price at ISX compared to bittrex. If Iceland really believes in aurora the sky is the limit for the coin. 0 buy volume on ISX today in Iceland which is the only crypto option for icelanders. I guess for now Icelanders are satisfied with their currency the krona but I see another recession around the corner and auroracoin will be there as a safe haven.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 07:11:27 PM

I see the git repo has had an update - is it safe to use yet? Any news?

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:29:36 PM

Yeah, it is safe to use. This will be the new version, but we've been a bit slacking on the binaries and release notes.
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 10:49:05 PM

what a joke. I finally sold AUR yesterday after holding it for monthes...

what happened?
preble

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:56:22 AM

You can always buy back since it's about the same price. Now when I normally sell it goes up 10 times its value.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 10:13:37 PM

Yeah, it is safe to use. This will be the new version, but we've been a bit slacking on the binaries and release notes.

I just upgraded my AUR wallet for my p2pool node - it doesn't work, rpc failure I think. P2pool complains of AUR being on testnet or something, so have gone back to the previous version.

Code:
2017-02-27 21:50:52.614959 > Error while checking Bitcoin connection:
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615066 > Traceback (most recent call last):
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615097 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 577, in _runCallbacks
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615125 >     current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615150 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1155, in gotResult
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615177 >     _inlineCallbacks(r, g, deferred)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615200 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1097, in _inlineCallbacks
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615226 >     result = result.throwExceptionIntoGenerator(g)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615250 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/failure.py", line 389, in throwExceptionIntoGenerator
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615275 >     return g.throw(self.type, self.value, self.tb)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615298 > --- <exception caught here> ---
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615324 >   File "/home/rig/p2pool-aur/p2pool/util/deferral.py", line 41, in f
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615349 >     result = yield func(*args, **kwargs)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615372 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1097, in _inlineCallbacks
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615395 >     result = result.throwExceptionIntoGenerator(g)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615419 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/failure.py", line 389, in throwExceptionIntoGenerator
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615452 >     return g.throw(self.type, self.value, self.tb)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615476 >   File "/home/rig/p2pool-aur/p2pool/bitcoin/helper.py", line 13, in check
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615499 >     if not (yield net.PARENT.RPC_CHECK(bitcoind)):
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615523 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1099, in _inlineCallbacks
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615546 >     result = g.send(result)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615569 >   File "/home/rig/p2pool-aur/p2pool/bitcoin/networks.py", line 26, in <lambda>
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615596 >     not (yield bitcoind.rpc_getinfo())['testnet']
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615621 > exceptions.KeyError: 'testnet'

Hope the log helps.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:32:26 PM

I just upgraded my AUR wallet for my p2pool node - it doesn't work, rpc failure I think. P2pool complains of AUR being on testnet or something, so have gone back to the previous version.

Code:
2017-02-27 21:50:52.614959 > Error while checking Bitcoin connection:
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615066 > Traceback (most recent call last):
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615097 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 577, in _runCallbacks
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615125 >     current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615150 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1155, in gotResult
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615177 >     _inlineCallbacks(r, g, deferred)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615200 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1097, in _inlineCallbacks
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615226 >     result = result.throwExceptionIntoGenerator(g)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615250 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/failure.py", line 389, in throwExceptionIntoGenerator
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615275 >     return g.throw(self.type, self.value, self.tb)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615298 > --- <exception caught here> ---
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615324 >   File "/home/rig/p2pool-aur/p2pool/util/deferral.py", line 41, in f
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615349 >     result = yield func(*args, **kwargs)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615372 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1097, in _inlineCallbacks
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615395 >     result = result.throwExceptionIntoGenerator(g)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615419 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/failure.py", line 389, in throwExceptionIntoGenerator
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615452 >     return g.throw(self.type, self.value, self.tb)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615476 >   File "/home/rig/p2pool-aur/p2pool/bitcoin/helper.py", line 13, in check
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615499 >     if not (yield net.PARENT.RPC_CHECK(bitcoind)):
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615523 >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1099, in _inlineCallbacks
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615546 >     result = g.send(result)
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615569 >   File "/home/rig/p2pool-aur/p2pool/bitcoin/networks.py", line 26, in <lambda>
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615596 >     not (yield bitcoind.rpc_getinfo())['testnet']
2017-02-27 21:50:52.615621 > exceptions.KeyError: 'testnet'

Hope the log helps.

We've removed the testnet from the auroracoin code (it has no use for us and complicates the code unnecessary). From your error message it seems that p2pool tries to get information regarding the testnet (not sure why it tries to do that). Which code do you use for the p2pool? You got a link to github for that? Then I can have a look on how you should modify the code prevent/solve this error.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: