Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:19:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:03:25 AM

Lol such a welcoming community ready to answer anyone's questions. If you want me to fuck off then don't bring my name up, or start your own self-moderated thread, Miss Piggy.

You said you would never invest in Gulden , this is why people wonder what you doing here?

secretly he is huge gulden holder. he just won't admit it because he is butt hurt that everyone prefers gulden to his favorite coin groestl

Why he takes it out on Gulden when 100s of other coins have higher value then his? Why single out Gulden that does development?

I don't think I "take it out" on Gulden, and though I have some GRS, by far my two biggest holdings in dollar value are Bitcoin and Monero, with a little bit of a butt-ton of other (non-premined) PoW alts. The only reason I keep coming back to chat with you nice folks is that I've tried to ask questions on this thread and the main thread before it was locked, and I've never been met with anything except contempt and hostility. So, if SuperOrca wants to bring my name up, even in jest, as to why NLG can't get a wallet on the iOS store, then I'll take a moment to return the favor and tell you exactly why your bitcoin-clone pre-mined country-shitcoin can't win approval. Cheers Smiley

Do you think other coins belong in abortion bucket if Gulden is a shit coin?

XMR go in abortion bucket made of gold because of that rich guy that support it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:18:37 PM

Lol such a welcoming community ready to answer anyone's questions. If you want me to fuck off then don't bring my name up, or start your own self-moderated thread, Miss Piggy.

You said you would never invest in Gulden , this is why people wonder what you doing here?

secretly he is huge gulden holder. he just won't admit it because he is butt hurt that everyone prefers gulden to his favorite coin groestl

Why he takes it out on Gulden when 100s of other coins have higher value then his? Why single out Gulden that does development?

I don't think I "take it out" on Gulden, and though I have some GRS, by far my two biggest holdings in dollar value are Bitcoin and Monero, with a little bit of a butt-ton of other (non-premined) PoW alts. The only reason I keep coming back to chat with you nice folks is that I've tried to ask questions on this thread and the main thread before it was locked, and I've never been met with anything except contempt and hostility. So, if SuperOrca wants to bring my name up, even in jest, as to why NLG can't get a wallet on the iOS store, then I'll take a moment to return the favor and tell you exactly why your bitcoin-clone pre-mined country-shitcoin can't win approval. Cheers Smiley
It's already "won" approval, dickhead. If you read dutch you would know that. There's no reason a more "local" coin cannot succeed, especially if it has a grass-roots working-class movement behind it.

Your blinkered view of pre-mine=bad is a knee-jerk reaction I have often observed from horrible trolls, which does not take into account how difficult it is to develop an alt-coin in the shadow of Bitcoin's network effect. Funds are needed of course, and the money (wherever it comes from) can be used for good things or bad. NLG has already delivered something unique in the crypto-space (which you appear desperate to steal imo), and if you had done more research you would know that the Gulden devs are not at all interested in personal enrichment over developing and pushing this currency.

Also, if being based on Bitcoin is a bad thing (which you imply) you'd better start trolling the threads of 99% of all other crypto-currencies! So, tell me again why NLG "can't win approval"? In reality, you are a troll with an agenda, your pathetic "argument" easily disproved.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:39:42 PM

All your alt-coins are also "bitcoin-clones", except Monero which is a clone of Bytecoin, which is a known scam. So in this case XMR is a scam-clone. Could you tell me how that is better? Shouldn't you be hating on all of your own coins as well in this case? Cheers Smiley
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 02:07:51 AM

All your alt-coins are also "bitcoin-clones", except Monero which is a clone of Bytecoin, which is a known scam. So in this case XMR is a scam-clone. Could you tell me how that is better? Shouldn't you be hating on all of your own coins as well in this case? Cheers Smiley

Monero is a clone of Bytecoin, yes, but it has many improvements since divergence, such as LMDB database, 0MQ push system, OpenAlias DNS addressing, ring confidential transactions, and others. This is why it is currently the 3rd to 5th largest market crypto depending on the day, and the only coin besides Bitcoin accepted on a major DNM. Bytecoin is a scam because it had a huge premine, kind of like Gulden, which although is only 10% of total coin supply (still pretty large among premines), it is currently 40% of total supply.

Of the Bitcoin clones that I mentioned, Myriadcoin has five separate PoW algorithms, so that users with ASICs, GPUs, and CPUs can all mine the coin and distribution is better spread out - I would say this is a pretty significant divergence from Bitcoin. Vertcoin and Groestlcoin are both pretty straight Bitcoin clones, although Vertcoin is committed to hardforking to avoid ASICs, and Groestlcoin is on an up-to-date Bitcoin codebase. And I would say importantly, all three manage to do this with zero premine.

Speaking of premine, the thing about Gulden that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that they premined a very large chunk of coins, 10%, even larger when considered in terms of current coin supply, 40%, and it was supposed to be distributed to the Dutch people. It wasn't. I still haven't seen a great rationale for how that decision was made to renege on that promise and how those coins are now going to be used. I see "development" bandied about, but afaics that basically means paying themselves to update to the latest bitcoin codebase. Yay! Development!
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:31:28 AM

Monero is a clone of Bytecoin, yes, but it has many improvements since divergence, such as LMDB database, 0MQ push system, OpenAlias DNS addressing, ring confidential transactions, and others. This is why it is currently the 3rd to 5th largest market crypto depending on the day, and the only coin besides Bitcoin accepted on a major DNM. Bytecoin is a scam because it had a huge premine, kind of like Gulden, which although is only 10% of total coin supply (still pretty large among premines), it is currently 40% of total supply.

Of the Bitcoin clones that I mentioned, Myriadcoin has five separate PoW algorithms, so that users with ASICs, GPUs, and CPUs can all mine the coin and distribution is better spread out - I would say this is a pretty significant divergence from Bitcoin. Vertcoin and Groestlcoin are both pretty straight Bitcoin clones, although Vertcoin is committed to hardforking to avoid ASICs, and Groestlcoin is on an up-to-date Bitcoin codebase. And I would say importantly, all three manage to do this with zero premine.

Speaking of premine, the thing about Gulden that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that they premined a very large chunk of coins, 10%, even larger when considered in terms of current coin supply, 40%, and it was supposed to be distributed to the Dutch people. It wasn't. I still haven't seen a great rationale for how that decision was made to renege on that promise and how those coins are now going to be used. I see "development" bandied about, but afaics that basically means paying themselves to update to the latest bitcoin codebase. Yay! Development!

This guy has not downloaded the new Gulden desktop wallet and done a link between Android and Desktop . The new account system and HD wallets.

I have downloaded the Myriad and GRS wallets and they are bitcoin clones. Wallets are copies of Bitcoins wallet.

Gulden wallet is very different and unique in design and the way it works.

Gulden also has Delta that has solved the long block problem without having to go POS, merging, multi algo and all the runaway alternatives . The blockchain runs like litecoin without the constant hash. That is a good feat.
Litesire

Activity: 458

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:50:55 AM

This guy has not downloaded the new Gulden desktop wallet and done a link between Android and Desktop . The new account system and HD wallets.

I have downloaded the Myriad and GRS wallets and they are bitcoin clones. Wallets are copies of Bitcoins wallet.

Gulden wallet is very different and unique in design and the way it works.

Gulden also has Delta that has solved the long block problem without having to go POS, merging, multi algo and all the runaway alternatives . The blockchain runs like litecoin without the constant hash. That is a good feat.

This is true Tamilee, no one is giving DELTA the credit it deserves.  I have been involved in crypto for a long time with litecoin being the first alt coin I invested in. Litecoin has the advantage of having the highest marketcap for scrypt and real dedicated mining without the wild swings in hash rate other coins will have.
Scrypt mining is a lot more centralised then SHA256 and makes it harder to have miners willing to put dedicated mining power to a specific coin,

I also supported Noblecoin and they couldn't solve the problem and moved from scrypt to full PoS, a lot of coins went with a Multi-algo solution to solve this issue especially those that were on scrypt algo. Others like Feathercoin changed to a completely new algorithm and  Doge , VIA went with merged mining on litecoin.

The Gulden developers decided to face the challenge of Multipools headon and they beat the problem, without as you say running away to another solution that could have it's own problems in the future.
In the event Gulden takes over from litecoin in value , litecoin will have to implement a solution to keep it's blockchain running properly or face very long blocks, for Gulden it doesn't matter what happens the blockchain will keep running great thanks to their DELTA solution.

Regarding the Premine, most sane people would not have invested in Gulden if the team was anonymous. Most serious people know a coin doesn't run itself and needs support and this creates confidence that the coin will be supported well into the future. This is how the real world works. Coins supported by anonymous developers = Pump and Dumps and not beholden to anyone if they want to pack it up and leave what small communities they have high and dry.

DGBforver

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:38:59 AM

they copy pasted in a few other algorithms from other coins a few hundred lines of code so uniques so special much wows, who cares if it doesn't even work properly and is a stupid idea, take my money please!@

Multi-Algo for digibyte was to make it 5 times safer and 5 times faster then normal single algorithms. We were the first to do to Multi-Algo, the only regret is using the Groestl algorithm as it caused problems and not stable. Jared was planning to move off Groestl.

DashNLG

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:13:42 AM

This is true Tamilee, no one is giving DELTA the credit it deserves.  I have been involved in crypto for a long time with litecoin being the first alt coin I invested in. Litecoin has the advantage of having the highest marketcap for scrypt and real dedicated mining without the wild swings in hash rate other coins will have.
Scrypt mining is a lot more centralised then SHA256 and makes it harder to have miners willing to put dedicated mining power to a specific coin,

I also supported Noblecoin and they couldn't solve the problem and moved from scrypt to full PoS, a lot of coins went with a Multi-algo solution to solve this issue especially those that were on scrypt algo. Others like Feathercoin changed to a completely new algorithm and  Doge , VIA went with merged mining on litecoin.

The Gulden developers decided to face the challenge of Multipools headon and they beat the problem, without as you say running away to another solution that could have it's own problems in the future.
In the event Gulden takes over from litecoin in value , litecoin will have to implement a solution to keep it's blockchain running properly or face very long blocks, for Gulden it doesn't matter what happens the blockchain will keep running great thanks to their DELTA solution.

Regarding the Premine, most sane people would not have invested in Gulden if the team was anonymous. Most serious people know a coin doesn't run itself and needs support and this creates confidence that the coin will be supported well into the future. This is how the real world works. Coins supported by anonymous developers = Pump and Dumps and not beholden to anyone if they want to pack it up and leave what small communities they have high and dry.

This + 10000, Dash also has investment from the community and if the communities are investing you have a solid base and they believe in your project.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:54:09 AM

NLG has risen 20% on Yobit in the last 24 hours. Looks like the developers don't want to give up easy and continue pumping the coin from time to time. Probably it's possible to earn some money during the pump but not much anyway, the trade volume on yobit for example 0.01 BTC in the last 24 hours.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:12:04 PM

It makes me quite sad to see everyone talking about the 1.6.0 update and how great it is but also forget to mention what Gulden had done before this update.

1. BTC payments with Gulden in all Gulden wallets at any bitcoin merchant.
2. Depositing Euros directly from Gulden wallets into Euro bank accounts. ( Not useful for a US user like myself but perfect if you based in Europe )
3. 0.11 code base update before 0.13 was done in 1.6.0, Gulden has updated twice.
4. First implementation of DELTA
5. Gulden merchants that only accept Gulden.
6. Multiple improvements to Android and iOS wallets.
7. First wallet revamp in 2015 already giving Gulden a unique feel but nowhere near as good as current wallet but still looked and worked better then 99% of what other coins had.

1.6.0 update might be the single best update in crypto history but it does show that crypto is 99% about trading or this would be number 3 after bitcoin and eth.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:55:03 PM

Re: Digibyte. No, it wasn't the first multialgo. Huntercoin was actually the first multialgo to launch, but only used sha and scrypt. Myriad came a month or so later with five hashing algorithms. Other coins have since adopted the multialgo approach including Digibyte, Auroracoin, Digitalcoin, Verge, and I think Anoncoin is planning to switch.

Re: Delta. It's a diff retargeting algorithm. These were all the rage in 2014 and given cool sounding names like Kimoto's Gravity Well, Digishield (which Digibyte tried to use to avoid multipools before switching to multialgo), and whatever Dark/Dash called theirs before they were the clearly dominant X11 coin. These are only needed for low hashrate coins. Yes, Delta is a cool sounding name, but you don't see Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero, or Dash worried about multipools, because if you are the preeminent coin using a hashing algorithm it's not a concern. Gulden has 2% of Litecoin's hashrate. Besides multipools it's just insecure, no matter how well protected against pool hopping you are. If it isn't insecure, then it's centralized with checkpointing so devs can roll back at their choosing, at which point you could just use paypal or venmo or whatever.

Re: the linking feature. It sounded really cool, but no one would tell me how it works, and apparently that's because it's closed source. I don't do closed source crypto software. I know good guy dev said trust us it's totally decentralized and we're not peaking at your private keys or anything, but cmon.

Re: the premine. I disagree, clearly. Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Monero seem to be getting along just fine in terms of development without pre/insta/ninjamining. Monero's forum funding system has been a remarkable success in crowdfunding development, imo. In addition to not liking premines in general, I would say Gulden's is particularly odious because it is so large, 40% of current supply after several years, and it was initially supposed to be distributed to the Dutch people, and at some point that was just pulled off the table and the people controlling the private keys of the premine decided to just keep it and spend it however they see fit on development. Can you point me to the thread or whatever where the discussion took place about abandoning the airdrop? Or was it really just a unilateral decision ex post facto?
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 06:54:06 PM

Can you point me to the thread or whatever where the discussion took place about abandoning the airdrop? Or was it really just a unilateral decision ex post facto?

Don't you give up? The devs answered you back in 2015 already. Mr I don't give a shit about Gulden. haha  Grin Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.msg11670142#msg11670142

I do remember the discussions being on the main forums at the time which was run by other members of the community and the community at the time voted for putting the premine towards development.

Reading that response of only 2000 valid claims after 1 year and 2 months shows you how scammy the other airdrops were.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:24:26 PM

Can you point me to the thread or whatever where the discussion took place about abandoning the airdrop? Or was it really just a unilateral decision ex post facto?

Don't you give up? The devs answered you back in 2015 already. Mr I don't give a shit about Gulden. haha  Grin Grin

I do remember the discussions being on the main forums at the time which was run by other members of the community and the community at the time voted for putting the premine towards development.

Reading that response of only 2000 valid claims after 1 year and 2 months shows you how scammy the other airdrops were.

Rekt. What is this guys problem with Gulden???
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:36:06 PM

Huh, I don't even remember that. Anyways, I guess that's the rationale, but doesn't really show how "voting" was done. And even if every person holding a single gulden voted to abandon the airdrop, it still smells bad and seems like a bait and switch to me.

2k legitimate claims actually seems pretty good in the first year, imo.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:42:46 PM

Huh, I don't even remember that. Anyways, I guess that's the rationale, but doesn't really show how "voting" was done. And even if every person holding a single gulden voted to abandon the airdrop, it still smells bad and seems like a bait and switch to me.

2k legitimate claims actually seems pretty good in the first year, imo.
It doesn't matter that you don't remember it.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:55:52 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2017, 09:13:28 PM by volyova

Rekt. What is this guys problem with Gulden???
I think he may be one of those XMR community members who are rumored to be paid to troll competitor coins' threads.
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:19:42 PM

gulden coin is not good investment
because not big gulden coin user community, and not big volume transaction , is bigerst volume transaction only 16 bitcoin/24 hour
so is very dificult can take profit if volume transaction is low
danijel

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:55:52 PM

gulden coin is not good investment
because not big gulden coin user community, and not big volume transaction , is bigerst volume transaction only 16 bitcoin/24 hour
so is very dificult can take profit if volume transaction is low

Well, Gulden (NLG) is made for paying with ease ,made for normal ,working and clever people .For shure it is not made for you, coin hoppers and profit takers with P&D agenda.
Gulden have a huge community.And all those Gulden's are nicely spread between people and not between some people like you who cares only for a quick buck.Go search about it and if you are clever enough you will go and colect those Guldens as much as you can.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:59:42 PM

Well, I guess I'm going to be flamed at for showing up here again... but what the heck.

Re: the linking feature. It sounded really cool, but no one would tell me how it works, and apparently that's because it's closed source. I don't do closed source crypto software. I know good guy dev said trust us it's totally decentralized and we're not peaking at your private keys or anything, but cmon.

It's how HD wallets work, I think I've seen it in some BIP before. Nothing special there. And the code for it is on their public github repo.

Quote from: jwinterm

The main reason for stepping back from the airdrop was the costs involved to maintain the infrastructure compared to the amount of people asking for them and the many fraud attempts with that. The dev team decided to stop the giveaway and, if I remember correctly, asked the community what to do with the premine. I think most people agreed that using it for development was the best option.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 10:03:27 PM

Well, I guess I'm going to be flamed at for showing up here again... but what the heck.

It's how HD wallets work, I think I've seen it in some BIP before. Nothing special there. And the code for it is on their public github repo.

Quote from: jwinterm

The main reason for stepping back from the airdrop was the costs involved to maintain the infrastructure compared to the amount of people asking for them and the many fraud attempts with that. The dev team decided to stop the giveaway and, if I remember correctly, asked the community what to do with the premine. I think most people agreed that using it for development was the best option.
Don't be so paranoid Mike, we're nice here!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: